Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-02 10:42:53 AM

oz

The Remnant Has A New Captive-Remnant Log

==Now my raven doesn't show up right away, but what happen before Eclipse comes into the log is VERY important, before we get to the base is VERY important, so I got some stuff off logger to see how The  Remnant adds on a new guest===

Log:
Eclipse- Leader of The Remnant
Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders
Ferro-Blacksmith of Ferravale and Modssflower Defenders
Brookshire-Soon to be former member of Mossflower Defenders as she betrayed them
various spoofed vermin

==Starts at the Ferravale Tavern and moves to an alleyway behind it==

Xander had only recently started drinking ale, and only one other time than today and it was half a mug of it, and today he is finishing a full mug of ale.

Only recently? Wow, Brookshire has been drinking it since... well... it was all a blur but she has probably put down three times as much ale as the badger has in his entire life, as she has in the past hour. Being sober was only a hindrance for what she was about to do.   

"Oi! Boss! How’s it going?" The fat ferret waves vigorously from her seat at the bar. Several plates were piled high next to her.   

Xander looks over and finally sees Brookshire and sets down his drink, "Brookshire, where have you been I have been worried when I didn’t find you and you were not at the meeting"   

Brookshire steals a moment by finishing off her mug. Setting it down roughly onto the bar she draws a sharp breath, "Me? Oh, I got caught by the enemy while spying on their base." She says without looking him in the eye. "I only survived by managing to convince them I was willing to betray the Defenders. Not my finer moment, but it was the only way I could get out of their alive, wot with their bloody Raven and... the actual traitor there..."   

Xander blinks as he listens closely" Let me guess...they knew you lied and tried to kill you, we don’t need more deaths and..actual traitor, wot do you mean by that?"   

The ferret draws another deep breath. "I'm afraid our beloved cook Chestnut... Chester? Whatever the hares name was. I'm afraid that he has been swayed into the ravens ranks. He was there, plotting to kill you along with one other beast." Her eyes glance about the room as if looking for someone, "But we cannot speak of that here. Too many ears. Even now, a beast close to you is plotting to assassinate you." She gestures for Xander to follow her out the door.   

Xander seems unsure of the ferrets words, "I don't think that hare would plot to murder anyone.....he may of been a captive" He at first waits and then follows the ferret outside.   

"I assure you, the beast is evil incarnate. Plotting to do away with you in all manner of gruesome ways..." Once outside the beast gestures for the badger to follow her down the street and into the first alley she sees. "But hey, I'm only here to save your life. If you don't want to believe me, that's fine. I'll just go ahead and let your most trusted allies do you in..."   

Xander does follow her but only to have his own little chat, as he takes a deep breath "Brookshire...I know that hare he faints at the sight of blood...I saw him do it once, he is a cook. Are you hiding something from me, cause that would be unwise as the past couple days have been very bad for me, very stressful."   

"Me? You think I'm keeping something from YOU?" The ferret laughs. Her upper half momentarily disappears into a pile of boxes. "Here, I have proof for the doubting badger. Somewhere... give me a second. Once I find it though you will have NO DOUBT that someone is trying to betray you."   

And that's when Brookshire emerged from the pile of boxes with a two-by-four, aimed squarely at Xander's head.   

Xander goes to lay a paw on his sword and draws it, he tries to listen, "Brookshire....I order you to show yourself now and st---" Well seems the ferret listened to him as he sees the board and tries to sidestep, luckily he is not hit as hard as he could of been,  but he is knocked out and falls backwards, his blade flies from his paw and goes  sliding across the alleyway and onto a path, It’s also dark outside so it’s a little hard to see but the moonlight does reflect off the blade.

Ferro was always one to do some things at night and one was to stop at the tavern, he happens to go past the alley at about the same time and slows when he sees the blade and bends down to pick it up, he is strong and so could manage to pick up a badgers weapon as he is a monitor and blacksmith so he would need to be able to hold most blades. He studies it and hisses softly why is the blade so....familiar looking, where has he seen it.   

There was a part of Brookshire’s plan that she had not considered. That of actually carrying the badger out of the city. The ferret is surprisingly strong for a beast as heavy as she is, but she manages to toss the unconscious badger into a small push cart, covering him over in a tarp. "Sorry boss, but I did warn ya. So everything is fair." She pauses, realizing that the badger’s sword is no longer here. She slaps her fore head, heading back down the corner of the alley and gasping as she sees a monitor lizard at the end of it. She quickly hides behind a crate, cursing under her breath. There was no time to grab the sword now, it was time to get out of here.   

Returning to her push cart on the other exit of the alley way, Brookshire begins to quickly vanish onto the street with her cart in tow.   

Xander is not able to groan or call out seeing as he is unconscious and totally unaware of where he is heading.   

Ferro spins around as he hears a noise in the ally and goes to have a look. The monitor also has the badger's blade so most likely looks even more fearsome with it in a fighters position as he looks into the alleyway and his eyes land on the ferrets backside running around a corner with said cart...he goes to try and find the ferret and hisses loudly as he fails to find her again and decides the next course of action....he heads to the abbey.

==The Mossflower Defenders Base an Hour Later===

The base has been basically left the same..almost. There is a small horde of like 20 beasts here, and the  5 captives so far. There is also some food in a couple places and empty ale bottles. The raven looks at the beasts on guard or sleeping, she has got to get the hare to clean the place later.   

It's unclear how Brook got the badger through the town’s defenses. Surely the contents of the cart she pulls would have been searched? The ferret had to have been vetted by the guard?   

And yet, here she is. "Never fear! Brookshire is here!" The ferret shouts loudly enough to wake the dead as she enters the base, leaving the cart in the middle of it.   

Xander has come to slightly as he groans and starts to move a little, but he is not fully awake yet as he mutters something, drawing attention of a couple rats.   

Eclipse looks over at the ferret and flies at her landing on top of the cart and about making it fall over as she narrows her eyes.."You...were ...someone get rope...no chains! Tie him up...make sure he doesn’t have a weapon!"  She fully overturns the cart so the badger would tumble out of it. The base is suddenly alive with beasts moving about 4 rats hide while a couple foxes and a weasel get chains and go to attempt to tie up the badger before he fully wakes. She turns to Brookshire “Were you followed?"   

Leaning against the cart, Brookshire rubs her paw on her chest, "Me? Followed? Ha! Remember who you are talking to." Her greedy eyes flash at the raven. "I give you, one Xander Winters. Practically on a silver platter. Surely that deserves some kind of reward, yes?   

Xander eyes flutter open, first he hears all the shouting and then feels himself land on the floor then…...wait chains? His eyes snap open now, headache or no headache he tries to get loose and grabs a weasel and snaps their neck! A rat he kicks in the chest and goes for his blade and finds it gone! He snarls as more surround him and manages to punch another rat before his paws are chained behind his back, his foot paws are chained as he narrows his eyes, then his eyes find Brookshire and he tries to lunge himself at her, eyes blazing and starting to go red!   

Eclipse watches calmly and then goes to grab the end of a chain, the badger will likely get like a few cm from the ferret, hey it needs a good scare! She will then yank backwards and force the badger to the floor and look him right in the face if she is able to.   

The chains stop the badger short of the terrified ferret. She gasps, stepping backward and clutching her chest. Seeing that she isn't going to be torn apart she quickly tries to play off her reaction. "H-hey, it's nothing personal. I just don't want to spend the rest of my life as some sort of scout, or fighter, or thief. I actually want to retire into the good life. Which I am hoping my new found raven friend can provide..." The beast chuckles as she adds, "That it was only a matter of time before you discovered I had been selling our patrol routes to bandits..."   

Xander narrows his eyes, the ferret is only angering him more so “You’re...a dead beast when I get loose!" He tries to get to the ferret and feels himself yanked backwards and onto the floor looking up at the raven and snarls "Who..are you?"   

Eclipse lays a talon on his neck, just enough of a push to make a thin line of blood "Leader of the Remnant...or maybe your executioner ...but that will wait for your friends to watch. You’re my captive Xander Winters..."   

A twinge of guilt makes the ferret twitch an eye, but she quickly smothers the feeling.   

Coughing into her paw, Brookshire says, "I don't mean to interrupt your gloating but, I believe a reward was promised? Maybe once you take over the village you might find a job for me to do? Something cushy and soft. Until then, if you just want to pay me I will get out of your hair... fur... feathers..."   

Xander doesn’t dare struggle and the chains are only tighter now, he feels the blood go down his neck, he is too peeved off to be scared and looks at Brookshire "You better leave Mossflower and I HOPE SOME BEAST SAW YOU AND FINDS MY BLADE AND STABS YOU"!!!"   

Eclipse narrows her eyes and goes to slap the badger across the face with her talon "SILECE!" She states "Your mine striepedog. I choose when you speak, when you eat, when you sleep. I choose when you live or die" She nods for a fox to make sure the badger is well chained up as she looks at Brookshire and a bag of gold is throw at her, also a supply bag of food and ale “Go....and you best not get caught or led beast here or...I will hunt you down personally and grab you and teach you to fly" She smiles coldly and lets that sink in.   

The ferret bows as graciously as her swollen midriff allows. She takes her gold, her food, and quickly makes a quick exit, stage right. It's time make haste away from this madness. If the Raven wins, awesome. Brookshire has herself a new comfortable job. If not, then well... she better not be found around Mossflower for a good season. Until then, the bag of gold she let her live comfortably until the dust settles... "Goodbye, Xander. It was a blast but we both know this would have happened eventually anyway." She waves before leaving.   

Xander tries to get loose again, he doesn’t even flinch when the talon goes across his cheek, barely misses his right eye, and gets some of his snout. He finally gives up his struggling as his energy is now drained from him and pants taking in a few deep breaths glaring at the door, then slowly turns to the raven.   

Eclipse goes to lock eyes with the badger “Your mine....your group can’t do much without a leader, and I have other plans...Miles come here" A tall fox comes forwards "Yes my master...." The raven nods "GO to the head guard of Ferravale...see if he is willing to join us, or just kill him...also see where we can strike in Ferravale." She looks back to the badger “I will have fun breaking you...."   

Xander looks on and speaks "Yeah I am not afraid of you and I been threw a lot so...bring it on" His voice is a warning and a cold....icy one.

Last edited by oz (2017-10-03 03:23:13 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer