Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-08 09:06:27 AM

Henry the Poet

Waiting for battle's end OR What could go wrong? - Sparra Civil War

~Setting~

The infirmary of Redwall abbey, four days after the war began.

~Characters~

-Leon, Master Healer of Redwall
-Henry, Bird Bard of the Defenders
& NPCs including
-A sparrow maiden, her borther was saved by Leon, and she tried to portect him from Warclaw
-The maiden's bother, a cold sparrow warrior
-Sister Beth, healer at the Abbey

~WHEN LAST WE LEFT OUR HEROES~

After starting a civil war in the Loft, Henry & Leon had a chat with Quickbeak, the former king of the sparra, and a sparrow warrior saved by Leon. Our heroes learned that the Warclaw was just using the war to usurp the throne! King Quickbeak, and the warrior want of to kill Warbeak. There fate is still unlearned.

Thus is the sparrow civil war...
__________________________________________________________________________________

It has been four days since the start of the Sparra Civil war. Henry has been helping out in the infirmary, he is not that good at healing. But just being an assistant he does not need to be. The infirmary has been filled with the comings and goings of sparrow warriors for about a day now (which is highly confusing for an abbey novice with a cold, or a dibbun who sprained his ankle while playing, and the like). The rate of sparra have been inconstant, and has slowed down to only a trickle.

Leon is lucky he knows how to treat birds and this only gives him even more knowledge. He has treated eagles and a falcon once. He sighs as he looks around "I wander how the loft is right now, didn't Quickbeak go up there to check?" He also goes to change a bandage of a guard from before this whole Sparrow thing started.

"I don't think checking was what Quickbeak had in mind," Says Henry in a voice somewhere between worry and amusement.

Leon nods "Well I ...I hope he isnt hurt then, I would worry but I have learned a saying dont judge a book by its cover as I knew a badger that was fairly old but he could still fight very well for his age. Our dibbun caretaker is blind but can still use a staff very well if needed"

"Right," Chirps Henry with an optimistic nod. "What's the worst that could happen?" "Warclaw kille alla sparra and goes on to conquer wormabbey too." Says the small yellow sparrow maid. She had been hanging around the infirmary ever since the first wave a wounded sparra. She, like Henry, had been helping out here and there, But she was mostly had been waiting for the results of the battle. The sparrow poet turns slowly unto her. "You see," He explains to her. "Abbey worms have these things call rhetorical questions... That was one of them."

Leon looks between the two sparrows and clears his throat "Don’t think that would happen...and would hate to see it try and happen. The sparra would be killed with arrows and such. My guess is...whomever is left, will just make some serious rules to follow. The sparra was at war with one another before when Matthis was champion many many seasons ago, many sparrow were killed and the abbey helped those fighting for good. I wish Thunderwing was still around he would help at a time like this but he was sadly overtaken and killed by Quade and his horde beasts"

"I for one think that the sparra will win." Says Henry unhelpfully. Henry begins to speak sparra. "If youum worry for bother, don't. Heum will be just-" The black throated bard is interrupted by the door slamming open. In the door way is red mass of feathers. After a moment, it becomes appertain who it is. It is the blood soaked form of a sparrow warrior with a yellow head, the same that left with quick beak yesterday, the sparrow maid's bother. He takes two paces in before falling to the ground with a loud thud. "-fine." Finishes Henry, stunned.

The Sparrow maiden shrikes. Henry hops over as fast as can. He leans down close to wounded warrior, he speaks quickly, "Who won the battle?" "We did." Says the warrior before passing out.

Leon still works on the sparrow best he can, the sparrow is cleaned off and wounds tended to with as much gentleness as he can do and a couple wounds numbed with peppermint oil. Healing herbs are applied and wounds bandaged.

~TO BE CONTINUED IN OUR NEXT!!!~

Last edited by Henry the Poet (2017-05-08 09:07:36 AM)

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

Board footer