Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-07 06:11:20 PM

oz

Spring of Blessings

== Abbey Open Ground ===

The open ground outside the main cloiser is busy, beasts are moving abck and forth carrying benches, shifting tables, spreading tableclothes, cutlery, plates. It's all hands to the pumps to prepare for the feast and amongst it all keeping an eye on everything is the Abbot. Benar is shifting and moving and walking hither and yon chatting to the various beasts helping construct and move and prepare for tonights festivities.

Gorvenalus is nearby but busy at the morment

Keldorn walks in chating with a ferret " Its fine Wilson you worry too much we can take a couple weeks rest then continue on our way...where is..." The ferret speaks " somewhere likely inside you know her.." He chuckles " OF course my daughter is already inside "

Benar appears, as if somehow propelled by magic next to Keldorn and his companion Wilson, "Good day, it is Keldorn isn't it? And this... must be Wilson," He smiles that little mysterious smile he uses when he miraculously knows someones name. Most beasts don't consider they have to give their names to the gatekeeper and the Abbot might get that list. "Welcome to Redwall both of you."   

Keldorn turns and smiles " Benar my friend hello. I have decided to...visit after being away, how have things been at Redwall?" Wilson is surprised the abbot know him and just nods slowly a hello.

Benar smiles and tucks his hands into his sleeves, "I am well and Redwall is well. We had a bit of a scare, the Badger Mother gave birth to a son and we nearly lost her. But she is going to be fine as is the little one and your visit is well timed. Today is our feast, perhaps you and your friend will join us and share your tales of your travels."

Keldorn nods and ohhs " Her and Xander have a son now? I shall have to congrat them and I am glad she is ok now, that would of been a great lost. I have been well and my daughter as well, I have missed the abbey and maybe shouldnt of left."   

Benar says, "Well Keldorn sometimes a beast just needs to travel," He smiles, "But be welcome back as for the little one they have named them Oz."

Keldorn smiles " A fine name, who knows maybe I will stay around longer, I was greeted by the GOUSIM by the river and they got me to here this morning"   

Benar says, "Well that is nice, the GUOSIM have been doing quite well, little hiccup in the winter with their camp but they have been rebuildin it since Spring got underway properly""   

Keldorn nods " They even offered me a chance to join them but at the time I said no though the offer is tempting..a little but my daughter would likely dislike it, she likes travel and sea ports..and such"   

Benar says, "Well I am sure you would make a comfortable life for yourself if you did join the GUOSIM, though you are of course always welcome back here at the Abbey should you decide to stay""

Keldorn smiles " I...tried to be a novice and failed, its..not and really for me my friend but visiting is always nice."   

Benar says, "You tried but did not fail Keldorn," The abbot smiles, "Failing would have been to keep trying even though you realise it was not for you," He gestures around them, "Realising it was not working for you and agreed stop was a victory."

Keldorn looks confushed and looks around, a smile forms. " This place is just so...peaceful and full of good friends, even the woods are welcoming." He chuckles " I do wonder if living in a large port city is good either though..having a lot and all."   

Benar says, "Well I can say one thing for the coast, the smell of the sea always is refreshing in the morning. But I prefer the deep woodlands myself. It is much more pleasent""   

Keldorn nods " It is...nice." He stands quietly before speaking, " Maybe a life of fancy things and coin a plenty isnt really that great. I was heading to collinsten after my visit here, maybe...maybe not. I have a shop..well my daughter does..even a boat, ..." He then shrugs.

Benar says, "Well go wheresoever you desire Keldorn, you are always welcome here when your path brings you back"

Keldorn nods and chuckles " I know just..my wife had come from a rich family and..I and my daughter inherited the shop.My boat by the river...good size too." He grins " Even a ship, but its sort of unused ...maybe I will sell it once back in Halyard, its where I have lived..Halyard"   

Benar says, "Well Halyard is a nice town," He nods warmly and smiles, "BUt do stay a few days, it would be nice to spend some time together when I am not quite so busy running a Feast."

Keldorn nods, " It would not be right to miss a Redwall feast. A feast is not to be missed after

Tables laden with food, drink, cutlery and fresh blooming spring flowers transplanted into pots cover the lawns between the cloister and the outer wall. Novices are darting back and forth under the direction of Matilda and Friar Lacota as they set out food, drink, cakes and beverages for all.   

The sun is high, the air is warm but still with a light breeze blowing in fron the east, carrying the scent of Mossflower woods with it. There is a huge bonfire being built under the direction of Brother Elmef and the Abbot is wandering around talking to everyone. Shaking the hands of visitors from afar, talking to members of the order and residents of the abbey in general.   

It looks like it is going to be a grand feast, a stage has even been set up for the Abbot's story telling contest where any beast can stand up and recite a story for the crowd of visitors. It is going to be a day of celebration and from the looks of it Benar has gone to great lengths to try and make it pefect.   

Gorvenalus has found a place to sit a little early and has his journal book with him ready to write anything down.

Log-A-Log had been here since early this morning with his shrews, having left afew days to get a start on fixing up his camp as they waited for the feast day to come, he nods the ok to go ahead and enter the grounds and looks around for any beast he knows to start to chat with.

Lacota has novices running hither and thither to lay out the spread. The squirrel is anticipating a visit from the Skipper and his otters from Camp Willow. He did extend them an invitation, after all.

Xander stays off to the side for now.He watches the beasts come and go but for now isnt doing too much, he did help get some tables out though ealier.   

Keldorn grins as he walks into the open ground "I have missed this place a lot" His daughter just chuckles at him and shakes her head "You would..I rather be in Halyard but here is good as well" Keldorn smiles and lets his daughter go off to look around the grounds.   

Benar glides through the hustle and bustle, smiling at everyone, pausing to chat to a young dibbun then sliding over to a group of moles before seeming to catch several squirrels by surprise and usher them toward a table to take their seats. He then sidles up to the Friar and smiles, "So are we nearly read for me to open things? Or do we need more time? I think I have said a hello to nearly everyone"

Leigh quietly finds a place to sit down, she had helped a little in the infirm today and now steps into the open ground.

Gorvenalus looks up as beasts enter the grounds and adjust his glasses slightly " Oh is it time to start soon, lost track of time"

Log-A-Log greets "Keldorn me friend over here and sit with us"He chuckles as he smiles at his friend "Maybe I can talks ya into joining up even"   

Lacota humphs. "I wager it's about time to start," He replies to Benar. "I'd personally invited Skipper to bring his otters to the festivities, but they are conspicuously absent. Hmmm."   

Xander glaces at the dibbuns as some play around still but whom ever is helping with them gets them to sit down soon enough.He does look around as he knows his son was with one of the abbey helpers but then again he is likely sleeping inside somewhere as he is very young yet.   

Keldorn smiles "Join the Gousim? Big desion and one to think on but I didnt plan on staying in the area too long, a sort of passing through but it is a nice offer indeed"

Leigh sits with the other shrews as she listens to some of the chatting,"The Gousim could always use more wariors, we are a small group right now"   

Oswald rocks up next to the Log-a-Log and Keldorn and grins at the visiting shrew, "Do it Keldorn, we'd love to have you, and you'd be a welcome sight to the camp! Join us, go on, say the words to Log-a-Log and then we can all go raid the champions october ale."

Benar smiled at Lacota, "They'll show up, otters are never on time, gives me time to get at the hotroot soup before they spill it all quaffing it like they do..." He claps his hands together, "Right I best go to my seat and get this show on the road."

The abbot then hurries over to his chair and pulls a scarf off the back of it and waves it in the direction of the bell tower. A moment later both Matthias and Methuselah chime, a pair of syncronised booming chime like bongs that cut through the chatter and hubbab of the crowd with ease. Sometimes being abbot is hard.   

Gorvenalus smiles as it looks like things are about to start so he waits quietly.

Lacota nods to the Abbot, and returns to overseeing the food. Meanwhile, a blind mouse makes his way to one of the tables. "I say," The mouse says quietly, "Everything smells so delicious."

Log-A-Log nods at Keldorn but as the bells start to ring he nods to Keldorn "We can speak later maybe yes?" He quiets down a couple of the shrews.

Xander finally finds a seat and sits down slowly as he looks over at the abbot, he is quiet today but at least he is here.   

Keldorn nods to the Log-A-Log and Oswald before looking to the abbot, but he is thinking on the shrews offer but has yet to decide as right now is feast time.   

Leigh folds her paws in her lap quietly and waits for things to start.

"My friends," The Abbot says in a loud voice once things have quietened down, "I thank you all for coming, guests from afar, family who dwell with me here in Redwall," he smiles at everyone, "I wanted to bring you all together today to celebrate the Spring of Blessings."   

He smiles around at everyone and then lifts his tankard, "We have new life in the abbey, new friends, Mossflower is at peace, a quite mind bogglingly delightfully long period of peace after the past few years. It's been one disruption, disaster, nightmare and down right awful thing after another. So for once... I say to you all take the hand of the beast sitting on either side of you and thank yourselves."   
He gestures toward the abbey, the grounds, the piles of wondrous flowers arranged on every table alongside all the food, drink and loving labour of the kitchen and cellar staff, "Thank yourselves, Redwall would be nothing without you all, we are all here today because of every one of you, guest, resident, order member... so I toast you all... a toast to every one of you."

He raises his tankard higher, "To Redwall Abbey, to Mossflower, to friends, family and loved ones near and far... to all of you I say... eat and be merry."   

Gorvenalus nods as he rasies a mug, a smile " Peace is good and welcome " He writes some words in his jornal.

Log-A-Log nods as he and his shrews give a cheer, he chuckles as life has been good for the shrews as well"And our camp it is slowly being fixed up very well indeed."   

Thomas bows his head. The Abbot's words are wise. Lacota, meanwhile, also nods his head.

Xander smiles as he nods, a rasie of a mug and a thoughtful sip of the ale as he looks around with a smile.

Keldorn smiles, "It is for sure good to be back, weather for a short time or a while"He has yet to decide.   

Leigh smiles, happy and glad of the peace for sure, the only healer worries she has had is someone stubbing a toe and getting a splinter out of someones paw.   

LilyMoore comes out of the belltower from where she did her talented bell ringing. She joins her mother, DoraRose, at a table, and sits down between her and Angela, who looks about as irritated as she usually is. She's probably having a great time.   

Emyuil is sitting on Dora's other side, obviously a little miffed at having to wear a fancy blue tunic that matches his familys' dresses. But he's putting up with it because, well, famliy. Zarok and Terfil are beside Angela, the Order Members happy to be with their family and friends.

Blisa and her bodyguards are here, with the guards in their dress uniforms and the Chieftain of Ferravale in her pretty embroidered black dress that she always dresses up in.   
They all raise their mugs along with the Abbot, echoing his words, then cheering, even if they're the only maniacs that do it. When the food is served, they dig in, making sure to mingle and speak with their friends. Lily makes sure to spend some time with the Dibbuns, most of whom are a tiny bit sad that she rang the bells when she could've been with them. But they'll be okay. Gracie ends up sitting on DoraRose's lap, actually.   

They stay here until the feast is over, then help clean up. Gracie ends up having to be carried, asleep, up to the dormitories.

Gorvenalus speaks with a couple novices and chuckles at a joke told before getting himself some food and drink.   

Benar asks, "Well," Benar smiles happily as he sits back down, "That went down well didn't it?" He smiles at Gorvenalus and Lacota, "I'd say we should do these more often but I think Lacota would throw me in the pond."

Log-A-Log talks with his shrews and makes sure they dont get too out of paw when they go to get some food and drink, the chieftain gets some pie and salad,some sort of pastery and goes to sit back down with a grin "A very good day indeed today is my friends"   

Xander has waited to get some food, letting others go first before he gets a plate but it seems not for himself as he slips inside a few morments.

Keldorn stays beside the Gousim shrews and sips his ale, his daughter sits with some novices she seems to have made friends with as he watches and smiles, a soft chuckle"Seems my daughter is likeing the feast after all."   
Leigh gets a simple plate, not too much right now and some tea and sits down again with the other shrews.   

Lacota chuckles drily. "Maybe not anything that drastic..." In the meantime, Thomas the blind mouse approaches the Abbot. "Ah, Abbot Benar. Another fine speech. I'm sorry I haven't got 'round to chatting with you for the past few days. Been away from Redwall for a couple months. Only just got back last week."

Benar watches the shrew contingent with a smile, "I am glad the GUOSIM could join us, it is always nice to... ah... oh dear... if they try to start a food fight I am going to have serious words at them." He is then distracted by Thomas, "Thomas, be welcome back to Redwall."   

Gorvenalus hmmms as a glace to the shrews and he speaks with abbot " Interesting but yes its a fine day at the abbey and its sunny not gloomy rain like ealier in the week "   
Log-A-Log sighs as you would think grown shrews would behave but it seems 2 shrews are not, yes one is arueing with another that suppousely made him spill his ale and so they bounce a roll off the others head, who in turn dumps soup on the others head as they look ready to punch it out till they look at Log-A-Log....yeah that look is a bad look so they just sort of sit quietly for now.The shrew chieftain shakes his head and a long sip of ale and a nibble of a pasty, he smiles "Mmmm...this is good"   

Keldorn blinks as he watches the shrews and chuckles, he remembers a short stay in the camp and even before when he stayed a few days, he liked it at the camp even though some would likely leave after a day or even half a day at times.   

Leigh frowns and moves from where she is sitting and finds a better chair.She gets a little more of some pie and a couple sweet rolls before sitting though.   

The mouse inclines his head. "Thank you. I'd, ah, like to discuss something more personal with you, later... In private, if that's alright." Lacota starts to move off to chastise a couple of novices who dropped a tray of tarts, and that's when some otters arrive, being led... Not by the Skipper, who is still absent, but by Lee, an otter the Abbot surely should recognize. "I 'eard there was a feast!"

Benar says, "Of course Thomas, I would be happy to talk tomorrow, drop by my study and we can talk... ah more guests, if you will excuse me Thomas>" He then stands up and calls out, "Lock up the hot-root, Lee's here..." he raises his tankard, "You are late... i've already been at the Hotroot you're lucky I left you any""   

Gorvenalus chuckles " The friar is lucky we dont have a group of hares visiting "

Log-A-Log smiles "Always nice to have otters though...oh yes hares, hares are walking stomachs on legs they are!"   

Xander returns and goes to get his own plate of food finally and a drink, he frowns a little as he looks for a place to sit down, well his own fault getting up but he wanted to make sure the Badger Mother had a plate of food as well and a drink, he even sliped her some cake as well.   

Keldorn chuckles enjoying the feast and his visit"I may stay longer than a couple weeks almost forgot how good the food is here at de abbey"

Leigh nods "Yes a couple otters were helping in camp with rebuilding I believe so they are very helpful"   

Gorvenalus says, "Camp Willow and the Gousim are allies so they are always welcome to Redwall. You can check with Benar Log-A-Log on seeing about Foremole maybe helping eith rebuilding your camp. "

Lee approaches Benar and gives the squirrel a friendly hug. "Long time, no see. Ye ain't let th' Abbey fall apart yet, 'ave ye?" He guffaws. "Not sure why th' Skipper ain't 'ere, though."

Log-A-Log hmmms and smiles "We did have a couple moles helping us, they are welcome to keep helping us as still some work to do at camp"   

Xander does find a chair close to where the abbot is and sits down quietly listening to various chatting and such as he enjoys the food and drink with a smile.   

Keldorn just leans back and goes to check on his daughter and friend Wilson as he smiles "We stay maybe 3 weeks..."...."3 weeks...father why?" He sighs and nods "3 weeks....not like colliensten is going anywhere am I right?" He sighsand walks back to sit down with the shrews, well seems he and his daughter has differnt thoughts on when to head off.   

Benar asks, "Are we allies?" he taps his chin and smirks, "I dunno, I mean they turn up, invade the hotroot store, splash around in the pond, eat nearly as much as hares do! I dunno... they may be big whiskered ottery waterpests""   

Log-A-Log smirks as he walks over to Benar "Are ya sure on that? I have SEEN hares eat...even just a couple hares they are bottom less pits I think, makes me wonder how that Lord of thiers puts up with em, hee hee...hares also seem to think they are just staveing to death if they havnt had a snack in a hour or two"

Xander manages a chuckle, he traveled with a bunch of hares from the western shores to here....course so few went back but still, he shakes his head"Try seeing 300 hares at a camp eat....now that is something"

Keldorn ends up standing, he has ate some but is heading inside now, not really paying too much mind to the chats of hares or much else, his mind seems elsewhere.

Lacota approaches Lee. "Ah, so good to see you, old friend," He says. "It's been too long. I know your wife has been here at the Abbey." The otter nods. "Aye, that she 'as, mate."   

Benar chuckles, "Well at least they don't stasrt fist fights in my office about who gets to carry my messages to their chief," He eyes Log-a-Log and smiles, "Otters show respect for my soft furnishings"

Gorvenalus asks, "a fist fight was in your office?"   

Log-A-Log frowns so looks like he will have a chat with the shrews later, but later it would seem.He frowns as Keldorn gets up to walk off"Keldorn?"   

Xander blinks, he just noticed Keldorn and starts to get to follow him and then just stays where he is and enjoy his food, he speaks to the abbot "I made sure Krisha had some food and drink by the way Benar."   

Benar says, "It wasn't much of a fist fight, But I was sending a message and they got into an argument over who would carry it," He chuckles, "I gave them my unimpressed Abbot stare and they soon behaved""

Keldorn looks at the feast, gets a plate full again, a large mug of ale and goes to sit on the wall tops to eat, seems he needs a lone with his thoughts right now.   

Log-A-Log nods and watches Keldorn and hmms "Is he being ok?" A couple shrews are curious and then a couple others seem to fight over what they think is the last slice of a pie as the chirftiain sighs, the slice gets cut in half so its settled.He sips his ale quietly.   

Xander listens "Yeah..I seen that look. Not sure whom is best to avoid a lecture from though if taht ever happen"

Gorvenalus smiles " Oz aas one that would give long lectures to beasts and if they tired to leave...it just lasted longer"   

Benar smiles happily, settling back in his chair and watching the feast, it is always good tosee it be a success like this   

Lacota sighs with exasperation at the squabbling shrews. Thomas, meanwhile, is eating quietly, and spinning a tale or two for the dibbuns. And Lee is making his way toward Gorvenalus.   

Log-A-Log decides to find and chat with Keldorn later as he just settles back to enjoy the feast and relax, its good to relax and enjoy the evening   

Gorvenalus nods at Lee " Greetings Lee, how have you been. where have you been not seen you in a while "   

Xander hmmms as a novice speaks to him and he nods and slips off quietly, he does return but it seems with a small guest, his son whom he and Krisha has named after his Uncle Oz in fact, he sits back down rocking the cub and shooing off the novice, so the cub was moody and crying but it calms now.

Log-A-Log enjoys the feast and he and his shrews even tell a couple stories and behave the rest of the night before heading off to bed, they head back to thier camp around lunch the next day   

Gorvenalus smiles as beasts enjoy the feast and smiles at Xander " How is your son doing now?"   

Xander smiles "Fairly good, right now course his past time is eat , cry and sleep but guess thats normal for a newborn, he is only a couple weeks old now after all"   

Lee smiles. "Ah, I've been off travelin', mate. Me wife Stream'eart 'as been 'ere at th' Abbey, but she weren't feelin' well enough this afternoon t' join th' feast..."

"I did bring me kids along, though."   

Gorvenalus says, "do hope she is ok then and I am sure the kids enjoy the abbey, its been peaceful for now."

Xander nods a hello to Lee "Hi Lee.." Its been a while since the badger has seen him as well, he looks down at the sleeping cub and smiles"I am gonna get my son off to bed, and check on Krisha..see you all later"And he heads on inside, but he does grab a palte with a couple slices of cake first.   

The otter nods. "Well, when they got old enough, I asked Benar if me children could enroll in th' Abbey school 'ere, so they stay 'ere wi' their mum t' learn. But, summer is comin', so we'll be off travelin' till th' autumn again..." He nods to Xander, as the badger leaves.

Gorvenalus nods " I know Brother Rick does some classes as well as the badger mother and couple others."   

The otter nods his head. "Aye, 'e's a good teacher."   

Gorvenalus nods " Your welcome to stay a while if like, always good to have visitors "

Last edited by oz (2020-05-07 06:23:32 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer