Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-01 09:09:04 PM

oz

News For The Badger Lord-Defender's Log-ICLY AFTERNOON/EVE MAY 2ND

Xander didn’t wait too long to come on over to the mountain and left what he didn’t need in the boat with Mack, and seeing that Mack was a grumpy ferret and so vermin he knew he couldn’t tag along, not that the beast seemed willing to go off his boat in the first place to anywhere.   

Zolomon looks on in awe "Whoa this place is awesome so far, and I like, not sure could live here but it’s still very nice"   

Leafeyes stays on the badger's shoulders "It is rather interesting but why live in a mountain, I guess it keeps one safe from threats and even bad weather"   

Xander nods "Yeah, there are storms off the coast, sometimes really bad ones...that cause ship wrecks but that’s not too often"   

Zolomon nods and frowns a little as he remembers some talk of storms he has had with Xander, but smiles "Well today is sunny as can be Xandy"   

Leafeyes asks, "I dislike bad storms but I do enjoy sunshine and good weather and summer usually has sunny days yet spring can have off and on rain, but it does help water plants and such as that am I right sir?”

Xander nods "Yes summer is nice, planting season is going on at Redwall now and I bet some here as well. Well" He says quietly "We should go on inside"   

Zolomon says, "Yes lets I wonder if they know we are here"   

Xander says, "They know" He answered "Least the ones on watch duty know as its their job to know whom is nearby or visiting"

The tree frog nods "That is wise, I do hope they like tree frogs we are nice or I am and its toads whom are not nice, not nice at all."

Zolomon says, "Yeah toads are annoying, but so are lizards"   

Xander slowed as they came to the entry and nods to the hare, another hare shows up and the two talk quietly before letting them pass bye, “Come on Zolomon”

Zolomon looks around and blinks, “Interesting so far I guess”

Xander walks quietly through the tunnels and pass a few hares and nods, speaking with one before heading up to where the crater is and overlooking the view, “One can see a lot up here"

Zolomon follows him and walks over "Wow...good view, the village and the far off woods, the sea...neat"   

Leafeyes smiles "A lookout point, I can see how they can see whom is coming from land or sea for miles and miles"   

Flint makes his way onto the crater and smiles as he walks over "Xander...someone said you were here, how are you last time well...you seemed in a hurry to leave and avoid your mother...is she with you or just you and how is she?"

Xander turns and smiles a little "Hey Corporal Flint and...well no she isn’t and we talked, forgave one another and got to be a family again so, that’s good.....I was coming with some news for Lord Ciocan is all and to...well see you and Felicity  mainly to say sorry for leaving in such a rush and...being rude, sorry"   

Zolomon waves and grins "Not only a Long Patrol hare but one with a high rank. I am Zolomon and part of Xandy Mossflower Defenders, I am an archer and fighter and his bestest friend"   

The tree frog Leafeyes just nods and stays quiet, strangers she usually takes a while to warm up to.   

Flint says, "That is good news...and you have other news I do hope it’s not bad news"   

Ciocan walks up to the crater and stands nearby "Thought you would be up 'ere, tis good to see you been a while Xander Winters and wot news tis thar...the abbey is not in trouble is it?"   

Xander turns to the voice and shakes his head "No sir, the abbey is fine there was an issue but it was taken care of and all is..well mostly well, there is recovering of course and the abbey will most likely have its Spring Feast sometime soon."   

Zolomon backs up "Whao..he IS TALL...well hate to be your enemy" He grins as the other badger speaks "Yep us..Mossflower Defenders, Xandy is leader...and we defeated this insane squirrel chap named Quade and his horde of mostly vermin beasts, they had abbot napped the abbot but yes we got Abbot Benar back safely."   

The tree frog decides to...well stay under Xander's cloak, she will peek out every so often.   

Flint listens, he salutes the badger lord 'Sur..." Otherwise he listens to what is said.   

Ciocan listens as he nods "I am glad it was taken care of . And this Mossflower Defenders sounds very useful, your be' havin' ta keep me updated on your group young Xander. Other things well with the abbey? Anyone else with you or just you guys?"   

Xander shakes his head "Just us....the captain of the ship stayed at the docks as I am only staying maybe a couple days and then will return to Mossflower..." He frowns as if debating on telling other news, "There was something else I wanted to let you...know sir" And now he sounds sad.   

Zolomon looks over the wall to watch some far off sea gulls, yeah let Xander talk but he is here for him if needed   

Leafeyes tilts her head, she doesn’t know much of anything of her new friends.

Flint ear droops, "you ok Xander?" Yes he is concern now.   

Ciocan looks to Xander with concern "Talk of what?" He looks at the others, he notices the tree frog but doesn’t see it as a threat it seems.   

Xander frowns, "I..no" He answers the hare, so much has happen the past few weeks and he hasn't had much time to react without having to deal with this, that or the other and have some rest time of his own, even on the tip he stayed alert and put things aside "I was gonna mention....cause ya knew her...that..." He is not good with this, and he tries to be the leader he is supposed to be, he is supposed to stay focused and this is far from focus as he suddenly feels like the young dibbun who came here seasons ago as he leans forwards like he wants to just collapse and starts sobbing, it started as  tears and then full blown sobbing.   

Zolomon is right at his side and lays a paw on his back frowning, he says nothing and is just there for his friend, he knows why he cries and wipes away his own tear.

Leafeyes just frowns and has no clue what is going on.

Flint blinks, ok that answers that and he is unsure what to do as he stands close seeing as Ciocan is closest.   

Ciocan right away makes sure the other badger doesn't fall, he listens and looks over to Zolomon as if the hare can explain what is going on and he seems unsure what to do as crying beasts are not something he is use to.   

Xander doesn’t calm down for a few minutes as he just lets some stress and depression out, he finally manages to calm down and coughs a little as he frowns "Sorry..."

Zolomon stands taller "Umm...well, it’s better if Xandy explains once he calms down?"   

Flint walks over slowly, "What happen?" He tries to think, he knew of Zee....."Something happen to your other uncle or..." He frowns surely not someone else" Your..mother...your dad though there was a reported sighting of him, but not Zinnia"   

Ciocan sighs, he waits and nods for a hare that happens to come out to get some water which is gotten right way and handed to Xander " Sip it slowly and then speak when you are ready lad"   

Xander takes the offered water and sips it slowly and speaks "Takeo...is fine, on way or at his homelands with twins......yeah mom had twins" He should sound excited but he isn’t as he does smile faintly "Named the Northstar and Zork....." He frowns again as he sips more water and rubs his eyes "One of Quade’s...beast...k...killed her. She died...it was round time he had taken the abbot also..its though she may of overheard him and was gonna warn us, but...but...didn’t get chance and so Takeo thought best to go..home and take the twins...."He barely gets all that info out as silent tears fall.

Leafeyes frowns as she whispers "Oh..sir I am so so sorry"   

Zolomon ears droop as he rubs Xander's back quietly, he is glad his friend is letting out stress and just stays at his side   

Flint frowns "Sister Zinnia...is dead?" He seems to not want to believe it.   

Ciocan tenses up at the news and is quiet, he goes over what is said in his mind over and over before allowing some tears to come, he takes a deep breath to calm, as anger also for who did it starts to form.."Who did this? Do they still live or were their live ended as well?"   

Xander answers "Rowtag a fox...and the fox was killed, its dead as I made sure of that sir" He lets a couple other tears fall.   

Zolomon nods "I was there ya Lordship...the fox was very dead, in fact most of that group is and wot few lived clearly left Mossflower in a big hurry"   

Flint says, "I am sorry to hear that Xander, that’s...hard to lose a parent, but also an adopted one must be...very hard but ya friends are there to help you, even us here and you have your Uncle Oz...right he is ok right?"

Ciocan nods "Good..the fox did not deserve to go on living for that crime, a crime such as that is unforgivable."   

Xander nods slowly "A..agreed sir" He wipes away some tears "Uncle Oz is fine...so is the abbot and anyone else" He says quietly.   

Zolomon stays close and quite, should he speak...he isn’t sure.   

Flint says, "It sounds like a lot has happen, and we are glad things didn’t require us to show up and tis good things can return to normal now or as close to normal as it can get"   

Ciocan walks over to looks over the view of the land, sea, and other far off areas keeping his back to the others for now.   

Zolomon shrugs "I...well things will never be the same...things changed..."He watches Ciocan walk over to the wall and just frowns.   

Xander hugs his knees to his chest as he sits down."Not the same kind of normal....not ever " Well least he got out any news, both good and bad   

Flint starts to walk over to the badger Lord and stops, no he will just stay by the others as that’s most likely best as he looks over at Xander and Zolomon "I know..." ..Change the subject..."I am sure his Lordship will let you stay here a couple days no need to go to the village and stay in an inn"   

Felicity comes up to the crater, scowling. She notices that there are beasts up here, but she hasn't quite redjistered who is up here quite yet. "'Ave y'seen my sistah Julia? She's run away from the caretakahs again and I'm tryin' to find 'er...." she suddenly realizes that there's not one, but 2 badgers up here, and everybody looks sad! "Um.....sorry....wait, Xandah? Is that you? Wot.....um...." she suddenly feels very awkward. "......I can go....elsewhere.....if, um, if needed??"   

Ciocan still has his back to the others as he speaks quietly "The child is not....up here Private Felicity, sorry lass." He then turns around and walks back to the others, the fur under his eyes wet "And yes Xander and his Mossflower Defender friends with him may stay in de guest room, and I can have de cooks make a good meal fer ya." He nods to Felicity  "You are welcome to stay and greet friends if you would like"   

Xander stands slowly, he is taller and his head fur is a bit more thick and..slightly jagged and his outfit is different as well a navy blue tunic and half cape with light green around the edges. He nods a hello as he speaks "It’s...me...." He looks down "I am sorry for not...speaking much and rushing off last time seen one another.I..came here for some news and, well speak to you and Flint and spoke to him just little bit go"   

Zolomon just quietly waves as he grins at the idea of food, yes food is good but he won’t rush off, sides he has no clue and would likely get lost for days in this place.   

Flint smiles faintly at his niece "Hallo dear" He goes to hug her if allowed.   

Felicity makes a quick bow to the Badger Lord. "Thankee, Sah." She smiles at Zolomon in a friendly way as she lets her uncle hug her. "Wow, Xandah, you shure 'ave grown up 'andsomly! I bet yer mum is proud o' the strappin' beast you've become, wot!" Whoops, she said the wrong thing and doesn't even realize it! "Don't worry yourself ovah it, love; I 'ardly even remembah it! Nothin' to worry about, all's forgiven," She adds without a pause to let him react to the statement she made about Zinnia.   

Ciocan nods, he will let Xander speak as it’s not his place to, “And I thank you for news from Mossflower Xander "   

Xander frowns but nods "Yeah...she probably would be. We...did speak and forgave one another and all that."   

Zolomon starts to say something but then shuts up.But he does mention "Xandy is leader of Mossflower Defenders and we helped defeat an insane vermin squirrel, yep an evil squirrel go figure"   

Flint smiles faintly "He is taller lass, that’s fer sure"   

Felicity gets a slightly confused look on her face. "Well, any woodlander 'as the potential to be evil, just as, um...." well, the Long Patrol has the reputation for thinking that any good vermin is a dead one, so perhaps she shouldn't mention her belief that all vermin do have the potential of being good. "But what do y'mean she 'would' be, Xandah? Didn't y'say that you 2 were reconciled?" She looks confused and concerned, certain that she's unaware of something very, very important.   

Ciocan frowns as he walks over to Xander and lays a paw on his shoulder, "I will be in my quarters if you....want to chat" He walks away as tears threaten to come again, he will morn Zinnia in his room, before he leaves totally he speaks "Corporal Flint I am to not be disturbed and will see the hares at Dinner...that is all" And he disappears on back to his quarters, he will be back a little while after dinner in the mess hall.

Xander nods as he sighs and lets a tear go down his check "She..." He closes his eyes, "She died...." He won’t go into detail, not right now.   

Zolomon goes to be at Xander's side as he speaks   

Flint frowns, he heard the story but will only say details if its ok to. He watches Ciocan leave and sighs, he saults "Yes...sir"   

Felicity looks shocked and sad. "Oh....oh my wohrd, I'm so sorry." She goes to place a paw on his shoulder. "I am so terribly sorry. I...know what 'tis like to lose one's parents, I......I don't know what to say. I 'ad no idea." She is sorrowful, and concerned for the young badger. "'Ow.....um....y'can tell me 'ow she died...latah, if you want to. Or don't, if you'd rather not. I'm sorry for your loss. 'Ow devestatin'."   

Xander nods "It’s.....ok, well not ok...she was killed by a fox but the fox was killed...the fox died, he is dead as I made...sure of it" He frowns again "Lots happen but things were taken care of and threats gone...beasts recovering now"   

Zolomon says, "Things will be ok Xandy and you been a very good leader of the Defenders and handled things...welll very well I think"   

Flint nods "Being a leader, any rank of leader is a lot sometimes to handle, and your allowed to have your sad mortems and never such a thing as no stress, always a little stress around and things are sadly not always easy or peaceful, even around here it’s not always peaceful and stress free"   

Xander nods "I try and be a good leader and I know no one is perfect, just the past few weeks been stressful is all"   

Flint nods "Understandable just don’t let ya self get deep in stress and depression, not good fer a beast"   

Felicity has been lost in thought for the past few moments, thinking about Zinnia and the beast that killed her. She shakes herself and starts listening in on the conversation again, rubbing her eye to hide the fact that she was on the verge of crying.   

Xander is quiet before "I will be here a couple days then heading back. Takeo and..the twins went back to his homeland, yeah mom had twins a boy named Zork, after grandfather  and a girl  named Northstar"   

Zolomon says, "Never meet ya Grandfather but if he was anything like gramps...ummm Zee then bet he was nice ."   

Felicity smiles. "Those are lovely names. I bet you're proud to be a big brothah." She offers a smile. As her uncle leaves, she adds, "I'm sorry that y'can't stay longah, but still, 'tis good to see you, Xandah. I'm Felicity," she adds, extending a paw to the other hare. "'Tis nice to meet ya, wot!"   

Xander nods "It is good ta visit, even if it’s not with the best news...well fact an evil beast was taken care of is good news"   

Zolomon nods "Zolomon. Archer hare of The Mossflower Defenders...whom Xander is leader of now"   

Felicity smiles. "That sounds interestin', wot! Whot's the point of this group? I bet you're a fine leadah, Xandah! But whot 'appened to the previous leadah?" She's hoping that what happened to the previous leader won't happen to the young badger, whatever it was.....   

Xander says, "Well...that squirrel had captured him and took over, then we found out Quade..the squirrel was evil, and I took over and offered the position back to.....well former leader but he said no...plus he lost a paw and was hurt fairly bad in a fight when we freed Abbot Benar and a couple others from Quade's horde and before ya ask the abbot is fine.""   

Zolomon nods "Yeah Mr. M...Mar...."He stops and nods "Yeah and well he is recovering now." Yep he did remember mentioning that name here...is bad among most of the hares here.   

Felicity smiles, noticing that they're avoiding using the former leader's name, but also respecting the secrecy they apparently wish to preserve. "Well, I 'hope nothin' like /that/ 'appens to you; it sounds awful, losin' a paw." she shudders slightly and starts rubbing her paws together gently. "'Ow many beasts are in your group, wot?"

Xander gives Zolomon a look of watch it and then nods to the hare maid "Small....a few still are at the abbey, let’s see....10 or...so, Dorarose is in it and a hamster, couple birds too"   

Zolomon frowns but nods, he grins "Small but does size matter and it grows slowly"   

Felicity shrugs at the other hare. "Well, sometimes size does mattah.....ooh, you 'ave DoraRose an' birds? Well, maybe size doesn't mattah then.....wait, a 'amstah?" She looks confused again. "I've nevah seen one of those...what do they look like?" Are they cute and fluffy? That thought actually doesn't cross her mind.   

Xander hmmms "Like a mouse with....hardly showing ears and no tail maybe, well a stub of a tail...he may of come but he was in the infirm and I hope he is alright"   

Zolomon says, "I am sure he is ok Xandy...good healers at the abbey and maybe he woke up by now"   

Felicity tries to imagine what a hamster looks like. "They must be kind of rare..." is all she can offer. "What color is 'e? Oh....I'ms orry 'e got 'urt. I'm sure 'e's on the mend," she adds encouragingly.   

Xander says, "I think they are, sort of like badgers are usually rare....not many badgers around, think hamsters even more rare and his fur was sort of golden color...well is not was."

Zolomon says, "I only seen one hamster..Minsc, and well badgers related to you Xandy and well sort of meet de badger lord"

Felicity nods. "I shall 'ave to look them up in the library. 'Tis always good to know what each species looks like when you're a membah of the Long Patrol, wot!" A gong can be heard, and the hare maid claps a paw to her forehead. "Oh mi word! Is it time to eat already?! 'Ow could I 'ave possibly lost track o' the time like that??! You 2 must come join us, and I sha'n't take 'no' for an anser, wot!" Like they would refuse....or would they?   

Xander smiles "A meal would be good Felicity, let's go" He goes to head on back inside   

Zolomon grins "Food of course food is good, unless tis burnt then it’s not...where is the food lead the way oh finder of the food"   

Felicity smiles at the other hare and the badger and leads the way to the mess hall, because they obviously need food as soon as possible or they'll all die. Instantaneously. The food is good, but not quite as good as Redwall. But is anywhere's food as good as Redwall's?   

Xander does enjoy the food and sits by Ciocan quietly talking of whatever has gone on since they last saw one another.

Zolomon grins, food and its everywhere then again this is a place full of hares and like one badger so of course there is likes of food and in his mind very good food, he will surely enjoy the rest of the night till its bed time

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer