Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-27 04:12:19 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Marek speaks about his trip thing and the return of Angela (A RWA log)

SCENE: Redwall Abbey Infirmary

CHARACTERS: Kurt, a male robin.  Marek, a male stoat.  LilyMoore, Angela, and DoraRose, female mice.  Emyuil, a male mouse.

LOG:
Kurt has stayed in the room, his wing is healing nicely and he has stayed in his own little corner of the infirm, even though he is free to go wherever he stays in one place not knowing anyone here and not yet totally trusting any beast.   

Marek meanwhile looks to be ready to just leave, as he adjusts a cloak around him, muttering as he works to close a clasp and finally does before heading to the doorway.   

LilyMoore enters through said doorway! And nearly runs into the stoat. "Marek! Hi! Wait, are you leaving?" Her happy smile turns into a look of confusion and disappointment. "But.....but Nana isn't back yet.....are you sure you're well enough to go?" She also hasn't given him time to answer her question of if he's leaving or not; she's just jumped to an assumption. The robin is accidentally ignored for the moment.   

Kurt puffs out at the new voice and looks over at the mouse as if making sure she stays her distance for now   

Marek backs up "I have a tavern to check on and things to...to do. And I do know not all like the fact I am even here, even if its for healing"   

LilyMoore goes to grab his paw. "But that's the way of the Abbey, is to take care of injured beasts, even if not everybeast approves of it! And you could stay in the Gatehouse again; that might make it better, especially when Momma gets back." She is holding on to her hope that her mother will come back. "I'm sure your tavern's okay; Blisa would get beasts in trouble if it wasn't. And what else would you do? Can't you maybe do some of it here?"   

Kurt decides to speak "The abbey is most interesting place....helps beasts and birds"

Marek frowns, "I am unsure and as for your mother I am sure she is fine as some sort of news would of come by now if she was not am I Correct?" He looks over at the bird curiously, "Well it seems the robin is still here"

LilyMoore looks at the robin and nods at him.  "You're right, we do help all kinds of beasts, even ones that used to be our enemies."  she goes to cling to the stoat.  "What do you need to do?  Maybe I can help!  I'm good at helping, even when my paw is injured!"  Her right paw is wrapped up in bandages because it's injured; she's having trouble holding things with it.  "Maybe I can come to Ferravale with you!  Maybe....maybe....." she falters and just starts to cry.

Kurt tilts his head "Ferravale....been there when..."  He then goes quiet "'Tis not important, 'tis past and still need think what do now...where stay"

Marek doesn't react right away and then he does slowly hug her, "You need to stay home Lilymoore as your family would worry and we do not need more worry...what happen to your paw, did some beast try and harm you?"

LilyMoore lets him hug her.  "I was pushing a wheelbarrow and it fell on my paw," she manages through her tears.  "I wish you could stay here, like Mister Robin over there can.  It's no fair that my best friend can't stay."  She goes to bury her face in the front of his shirt and sobs.

Kurt isn't usually one to frown, but he does frown  "Why not letting stay?"

Marek answers "That's a long story and I am sorry I can not stay and am surprised I was able to stay this long"

LilyMoore keeps crying.  She can't really stop right now.  She also can't say anything, she's crying so hard, so all of her thoughts are bottled up inside of her right now.

Marek sighs as he is not sure what to do, "Lilymoore....I will be at Ferravale for a little while at least, then I need to go on a trip I am unsure how long it will be needed, but its needed" He stays calm as to try and not upset her more.

LilyMoore pushes away from her friend as a Healer goes to check on the robin. "What?! Where are you going? Who'll be going with you? Don't go alone! Why are you going? Why would you leave Mossflower??" She wipes tears on her shoulders and searches his face with her gaze, feeling like her world is falling apart around her.

Marek steps back and is silent " I can have someone, if they are willing, walk to Ferravale with me and then I am fine on my own. I may of lost a paw but I can still fight"

LilyMoore stomps a foot, suddenly angry.  This is not normal behaviour for her, as those close to her would be able to tell.  "How do you know you'll be okay?!  Why can't somebeast go with you on your trip??  You're my friend and I ca....can't l....lose you...."  She is crying again, her paws clasped to her temples as she collapses to her knees.  "Why am I so upset??" she sobs out, sounding afraid.

Marek looks around, great neither parent is here or even the abbey, heck the dibbun caretaker would work but none are in sight as he sighs defeated and clears his throat  "As for my trip it is important to...find myself. I could not always control an urge to...well let's say make a mess of Mr. Quade's horde, I do not know who ended up slaying him...someone supposedly did or maybe that's just a rumor going around. I also seem temporarily back in charge of a group which I have decided I don't want back in charge of, I do not wish beast to think badly of the group...I am an ally and nothing more."

LilyMoore stays kneeled on the floor, her head in her paws as she listens.  And as she listens, she calms down.  When he finishes, she stays like that for a few more moments, then looks up at him, letting her paws fall to her lap.  "But.....I don't understand.  Why do you have to go away to do that?  I can see why you wouldn't want to be in charge of the group anymore, but.....why do you have to go?  Why can't you stay in Mossflower and do that?"

Marek says, "I have lost some trust, I have regained a little but not all and I do know I will not head west that's a bit too dangerous for me and I do not think I can find many answers here in Mossflower and it seems.....I keep losing what's important"

LilyMoore looks sad.  "But.....like what?  The things I know you've lost you couldn't prevent them going.....are you sure you have to go?"

Marek says, "I will be around Ferravale as said for a little while, perhaps a visit if you're allowed. I need to speak to a trusted beast about something...before I go"

LilyMoore's shoulders droop.  "....will you promise me that you'll be as careful as possible and come to Mossflower??"  She asks anxiously.

Marek says, "I wont stay gone long I just wish Mr. Xander had not go on his little trip of his own, had I know sooner may have been able to speak to him further on important issues"

LilyMoore slowly stands and goes to give the stoat another hug.  ".....just /please/ be careful," she whispers.  Suddenly, the door opens, and who should walk in but Angela Quietfeet herself!  The old Healer scowls at the stoat.  "Who said ye're well enough to leave?  I'm gone a week and my patients start to riot!  Hmph, leastwise I can trust Leon to not let things fall to anarchy...."  DoraRose peeks her head in as her grandmother hobbles off to the herb cabinets.  There are guards, Novices, and some Order members behind her, cheering and chattering about how Emyuil killed Quade (according to Dora).  The Warrior will help her brother as much as he needs.

Emyuil is actually looking a bit bashful at all the attention as he enters quietly, wincing at a twinge from his arm wound. "Well, that's that," he whispers to himself, thinking of Quade.

Marek looks over and rolls his eyes at the old healer before speaking "Injured my paw" Umm it's gone "Not my legs" He says quietly "And I need to head back to my tavern sooner rather than later" He states as he watches her for a reaction. 

LilyMoore hides behind the stoat as Angela whirls on him, shaking her staff (that someone retrieved for her from the gatehouse) at him in a very thretening gesture (its poisoned crystal was removed, don't worry).  "Don't talk back at me!  I was 'ealin' while y'were still in diapers an' suckin' yer thumb!  I'm ye're 'Ealer an' /I/ say when y'can leave, unless Leon or some other beast of his calibre say y'can.  Now sit yer tail down on the examination table and lemme check ye."  Don't argue with her, you'll die.  Dora ruffles her daughter's ears.  "Quade is very much dead, by the way; my brother made sure of that."  The mousemaid peeks at her uncle.  "Really??"

Emyuil smiles lopsidedly, a bit of brightness coming back to his eyes. "Hey Lily.  Yeah, I took care of that. But credit goes to your mother and great-grandmother for making sure I didn't die after."  He adjusts the bandages on his upper arm, then offers Lily a hug, crouching down--not as far as he used to have to--so they're eye-to-eye.

Marek steps back and frowns at the old healer "Do calm down your have a heart attack or something" He sits down to let her check his healing wounds. All seems fairly well and healing good...but the paw stub is slightly infected, not like he will die infected or even have a fever it's the early early stages of it, hmms seems it bled some and he didn't tell anyone yet. Other wise he seems fine

LilyMoore lets her uncle hug her. "I'm glad you're okay.....I was worried." Dora goes to hug her daughter and brother. "I'm so happy that we're home safe and sound, and that we don't have war hanging over us any longer..." Angela scowls at the infection once she gets to it. "Did you notice it bleeding? Did you tell anybeast?" She goes to numb the area and then gets what she needs to lance it (but she hasn't started doing that yet).

Emyuil smiles, hugging Dora in one arm and Lily in the other.  "For now, at least," he says contently.  With his back to Angela, he rolls his eyes in amusement at her irritability.

Marek shakes his head and frowns at the fact she is most likely going to have to cut it, he sighs..."I guess this means I will stay here longer?"

LilyMoore has obviously been crying, but she smiles at her uncle's eyeroll.  Dora chuckles and whispers, "Don't ever let her see you do that; you'll die, and then she'll bring you back to life so she can lecture you."  She then grabs her daughter, lifting her off the floor in a huge bear hug.  "Oooh, I missed you!  I'll have to do this to Caleb and Leon later."  Angela sighs and sets down a bowl, a scalpel, and a tincture to rinse the wound with.  "I can check it again on Saturday, and if 'tis lookin' better, I'll let y'go.  They 'ave a couple good 'Ealers in Ferravale that y'can go to if it doesn't go away."  She goes to take the (numb) stump and lances the wound and rinses it with the tincture.  There are already bandages by the cot, so she wraps it up so it doesn't ooze all over the place.

Emyuil, noticing the tearstains on Lily's face, looks a bit concerned, but waits for DoraRose to set his niece down before saying anything.  He scratches at his bandaged arm again.  Bloody thing is itchy now...just his luck.

Setting her daughter down, Dora notices the tearstains, too, and lays a paw on the mousemaid's shoulder, concerned.  "Hey, Lily, what's wrong?"  The Bellringer sits down on a cot and rests her head in her left paw (her right one is in a bandage).  "I....I had a lot of nightmares while....while you were gone...." and words start pouring out of her, telling them a little of how Quade's guards would hit her, and threaten her, and all kinds of horrible things.  She doesn't tell them everything, but she tells them some.  And she tells them about her paw getting squashed under a wheelbarrow as she was trying to help with the planting, and how Marek is now going to be going on a trip, and how she's so scared and sad.  In the background, Angela cleans up her mess, then slips off to her room.  She is old, and she needs her sleep.

Emyuil, on the other side of Lily now, goes to put an arm around the lass if she allows it, saying nothing, merely listening for as long as she needs.  A spark of anger lights in his eyes at the mention of Quade and his guards, but he forces it back down.  Going to gently stroke Lily's headfur, he stays for quite some time.

And so they stay like this until the dinner bell rings.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading! smile

Board footer