Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-27 12:49:18 PM

oz

Well that's a New Way To Get Out Of Danger-Defender's Trip Log

Zolomon was taking his turn on what duty as he watched the trees go past he yawned, this was boring so far “So how long till we get there Xandy?”

Xander sighed “Well it’s only been 2 and a half days so far and the wind did help us gain an extra half a day so I say good timing.”

Leafeyes smiled “I like this trip so far as I like to see new land and new places”

Mack just rolled his eyes “It’s not that exciting really, it’s a  river and some trees” He frowns as he swats at something “And bees”

Zolomon grins “Bees make honey and that’s good on bread and scones, maybe we could find some wild honey as that would be nice”

Xander shrugged “I don’t know, maybe..bees sting ya know and I rather avoid getting stung”

Leafeyes tilts her head “Honey, what is honey is it good?”

Mack just snorts and decides maybe a nap is good” I say a break is good, someone else drive the boat or whatever”

Zolomon smirks at an idea “Who is for finding some bees?”

Xander frowns “Really? Are you that desperate for honey? I rather just stay heading down to the coast, we can get honey in Halyard I am sure”

Leafeyes  stares between the two quietly” Where do bees live anyways, in a place like the abbey?”

Zolomon answers as he goes to find a place to dock a boat and then makes sure it’s anchored “Trees…logs” He looks at the badger “Please….”

Xander sighs and gets off the boat “Fine…but this best not get us in trouble”

Leafeyes stays on the badgers shoulder “Well I am a lookout I shall keep a lookout for trouble…and bees also”

Mack just sleeps, he has no clue of this little adventure

The adventure so far turns up little to no bees, but there is a campsite with a couple lizards, one is tall and one is short, both a brown color with bits of blue dots. “And tis your fault!” “Tis not…my foot you stomped my poor foot!”

Zolomon looks around and stops as he hears “Voices…should we go back?”

Xander keeps a paw near his blade “I..maybe..”His eyes widen when he sees the lizards, “Yeah I have had bad bad luck with lizards let’s go”

Leafeyes  just frowns and hides under his cape peering out as she looks over his shoulder.

What isn’t know is there is a hidden rope on the ground and someone’s footpaw could set it off and they would find themselves hanging from a tree upside down.

Zolomon nods and turns around “Yeah and no…” He gasps as he falls backwards, hey its bees! And a rope as he screams and is suddenly upside down “Xandy!!”

The scream alerts the two lizards as they rush to the area “Oh look a hare, its whats for dinner”
Xander draws his blade and quickens his pace as he gets to where the hare is and narrows his eyes at the lizards.”And my blade will be your dinner now let.. him …go” Each of the last three words get louder as he speaks.

Leafeyes frowns, this can’t end well as she looks for a nearby tree to jump onto not wishing to stay near any blades

Zolomon hangs by a footpaw and frowns, “Umm I taste bad, I am sure of it”

“And we can add some pepper, maybe mustard seed or hot root” “Oh hot root makes everything good dear brother…hey my toe!!”

Xander lets the frog go to a tree behind him and then walks closer to the lizards “Ok fine who dies first?”

A 3nd lizard is behind him with a blowpipe, he sends a dart to the badgers neck, “Night night”

Zolomon frowns “Xandy behind you!”

Xander hears the alert too late as he feels the dart and sways almost dropping his blade, he growls low as he hears the words night night and then all goes dark

==An hour later the two will find themselves tied to a willow tree==

Leafeyes managed to follow them, then not like they went too far and looks around the camp till she finds a small knife and has started to try and slowly undo the ropes. ”My friends….oh do wake up my friends”

Zolomon frowns. This is a bad trip and all he wanted was honey…never again will he let a sweet craving get them into deadly trouble.

Xander wakes up slowly and frowns “Headache…”He opens his eyes and looks around..”Ok..where?”

The one in charge smirks, 3 lizards of a sandy brown color “At out lunch and your lunch…”

“Maybe we can keep them a little longer Bo they could entertain us”

Zolomon frowns “Entertain..ya nuts what ya expect.”

Leafeyes  keeps focused on her task.

Xander frowns but notices the ropes are a little looser and he tries to think of a way to stall” Maybe dinner…and a show, we can entertain you sure..” He gives the hare a good with it look.

The two lizards look at each other and grin “Sing us a song” The 3nd lizard groans ”You two are like small dibbuns…we are board, oh do this or that no wonder no one likes us in the tribe and we were kicked out” They both get their footpaws stomped and start jumping around  yipping in pain.

Zolomon looks at the badger like he has lost his mind, yep his friend must of hit his head on something when he was knocked out.”Wot…?”

Xander clears his throat and sings “

Hello my lizard foe
How is your big toe”

Leafeyes frowns “ Big toe?” She whispers

Zolomon blinks “Well…it rhymes?”

The lizards listen and calm down and sit, all 3 of them sit and listen as the leader laughs “Yes sing…sing or we gut ya here and now instead of later”

The badgers voice is achally not that bad, he is a good singer it seems as he sings a tune trying to rhyme and its totally a made on the spot song and…makes little sense as he just sings what comes to his mind first .( Since I always hear the voice used for  Hiccup when think of Xander’s voice, this is him singing and so it’s Xander’s singing voice too…not the same song but maybe same tune?... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnTieMEI9Dk   )

“I come to sing a story of the land of Mossflower
It is a land of  trees, rivers and lots of friends
One day a squirrel he came he did to Mossflower
He was not a friend oh no not a friend or friends
Quade the rude and Quade the cruel
He wasn’t very nice
He most likely served horrible gruel
That had not much of spice

Please let us pass along this path
So quiet we will be
We won’t stop and do any math
But we look for a  bee

Bees do sting and bees do buzz
And they make honey
There was a bee name Juzz
He has no need of money

Bees do dance and bees do fly
And we sail on this boat
So now all I say is bye
So go and find a moat”

And somehow they are asleep, and man do they snore!

Leafeyes has managed to cut the ropes and hops onto Xander’s shoulder as she whispers “Leave we should…”

Zolomon blinks as he feels the ropes loosen and fall and looks at Xander and walks closer “Let’s get outta here…”

Xander nods and gets them quickly to the boat and they once more set sail “Well that was interesting..should we even mention this to any beast?”

Leafeyes shrugs but smiles “Your singing is very nice sir”

Zolomon nods “She has a point, it is but yeah we won’t mention beast eating lizards that can be singed to sleep sides who would believe us anyways”

Xander chuckles a little and keeps an eye out for more trouble as they head on down the river, well so much for that extra half day of time, it’s gone now…oh well they are back on course and still making good time.

Last edited by oz (2017-04-27 12:59:04 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2017-04-27 01:41:05 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Well that's a New Way To Get Out Of Danger-Defender's Trip Log

Oh.
My.
WORD.

That was so funny x'D  Especially the made-up song.  I laughed and thought I was gonna cry x'D

*applause*

Board footer