Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-22 03:49:43 PM

oz

Today In The Infirm

Rayen has woken up fully, finally, as of this morning and her ears go back after being told just how long she has gone in and out of a faint, other news is worse as she has cried some.   

Blisa is sitting at a window, staring out it at nothing. She barely eats and hasn't spoken a word to anyone since she woke up yesterday morning. She is just sitting still and silent, withdrawn and forlorn-looking.   

Rayen tries to speak and ends up coughing. She manages to look over t Blisa as her ears go back again.   

Blisa's twitch at the sound of coughing, and she slowly turns to see who's choking. After blinking for a few moments, she slowly gets up and, seeing that all the Healers are busy, she slowly gets a cup of water and brings it over to the vixen. Holding it out, she manages a very tiny smile, but it doesn't make it up to her eyes. She still looks very sad.   

Rayen sips the water.."W..What all...happen?...D..Don’t remember much..." Some of her wounds are healed by now but she is still sore and weak yet.   

Blisa blinks and sits down on the vixen's bed. After a very long pause, she asks very quietly, "Were you unconscious? I just got here on Thursday, so I don't know what you've missed." Hey, look, trying to be helpful has drawn her out of her depressed shell (sort of)! Yay!   

Rayen sips more water so she can speak "Off..on..faint remember some things, others no....wait remember Quade...was in the abbey....he..he is dangerous”

Blisa nods slowly. "He's evil, we know. There was.....a big battle....yesterday....at the gates......" She gets a faraway look in her eyes. "Ummm........Quade was trying to.....capture the Abbey, and......he was stopped, but.....he kidnapped Angela.....but I think DoraRose and Emyuil went after him....." She sounds distant, like she's remembering things she wants to forget...   

Rayen frowns and nods going quiet. Some things are so confusing and others are not. What she does remember isn’t good.   

Gorvenalus walks over, his shoulder bandaged now as he nods a hello. He recognizes the vixen as he smiles "Greetings Rayen, so glad to see you stay awake now.." He glances over at a cot with a hamster in it and frowns.   

Blisa goes silent as the beaver comes over. After nodding back at him, she looks at her lap, paws folded as she tries to not think about her big mistake on Thursday. "Was.....was she out for a very long time? That's....really unfortunate." She manages, her voice a little shaky.   

The beaver answers "For a long while yes, but she is awake now"

The vixen looks away"I...I shouldn’t be helped....I could of stopped him from killing.....he killed her in front of me."   

Blisa looks up, trying to focus beyond her anxiety and sorrow. "Why? I mean, if they'll help....Marek, then you surely deserve help, too."

Rayen frowns "I...worked for Quade...he forced me to work for him, I knew he was after Benar that day but I didn’t know he was...he killed Sister Zinnia, she was in the wrong place at wrong time and overheard his plan and was going to warn Benar upstream and...she..she didn’t get the chance, Quade’s beast grabbed her and he...he killed her in cold blood, I was on my way to tell the abbey about him...but Quade attacked me, said if I was quitting so was my life"   

Blisa goes to hold the vixen's paw, forcing herself to focus past her troubles and help someone who needs it. "I think if he forced you to, then that's a whole different issue. And Redwall is known for being forgiving. It's not your fault that he murdered Zinnia. It's not your fault."   

Rayen looks away with tears in her eyes "But...the look on her face...she was scared and looked to me to help her." She sniffs and can’t wipe away the tears, "She..she did look away once right before the arrow...hit her, I am unsure why like she saw or heard something"   

Blisa digs out her (clean) hankie and goes to help the vixen wipe away her tears. "But it sounds to me like you couldn't've." She is trying to listen and be helpful and help the vixen see the truth.   

Gorvenalus frowns as he goes to tend to his friend, the hamster Minsc as Rayen just goes quiet now. Tried and having a lot on her mind.   

Blisa, too, has a lot on her mind, and sighs heavily. Resting her forehead on her paw, she stares at the floor, almost completely devoid of energy. Does this Infirmary have a psych ward? No, because this is the Middle Ages. So of course it doesn't.   

Rayen says, "I'm.....sorry if any pain you have is cause of me"   

Blisa jerks back to looking at the vixen. "Huh? Oh--oh, no, none of it's your fault. It's....it's all mine," she finishes in a faint whisper. "All mine."

Rayen blinks "Ho...."

This is where the beaver steps in and hushes the vixen getting her comfortable for sleep before looking to the cat "How is it your fault child? You were not involved in anything my dear. From what I heard you brought help to this abbey against the evil that showed up"   

Blisa continues to stare at the floor. "I....I..." she stands and stalks over to the fire. Tears are welling at her eyes, and her lip is trembling and her paws have begun to shake. She rubs her arms. "I.....ever since my f.....father died, I....." She's struggling to continue; she's never tried to explain it to anyone before.   

Leon wakes up slowly as he hears voices and blinks a couple times but doesn’t sit up yet.   

Gorvenalus lays a paw gently on her shoulder "Its ok to cry and losing a loved one is hard to recover from.....I lost my whole family, most of my friends me and...Minsc are the last of my land, all others died and I hope and pray I do not lose him as well."

Blisa shakes her head. "You d...don't un....understand!" Tears course down her cheeks. "I.....I can feel.....this loss of control, and.....I can feel my sanity slipping away. When I'm in b....battle, I....I go crazy, and.....I almost killed my Head Guard!" She breaks down sobbing and tries to run out the door that leads to the outside....

Leon sits up and reaches for a small wheeled chair beside him, whats going on now “What...what now?"   

Gorvenalus sighs "Your friends can help you...let them please child" He goes to block her way, if he can and sighs " In darkness one should look for the light"   

Blisa darts around the beaver. "Leave me alone!!" She bursts out the door and runs down the steps. She's probably going to hide for the rest of the day....and maybe tomorrow.... Ferdinand and Valerie can be heard calling after her outside, so she probably won't be alone for too long....

Leon frowns from where he sits on the bed, “What just happen?”

Gorvenalus just frowns “ She just needs some time to herself and to let her friends help her”

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer