Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-20 05:30:19 PM

oz

The Battle Part 2-Quade TP

Right after

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=277

DoraRose is trying to fight her way through the enemy horde to Quade. Her axe gets stuck in a ferret, so she leaves it and draws her sword. Slicing rapidly as she adjusts from the heaviness of her axe to how light her sword is by comparison, she quickly slays a trio of rats and gets closer to the evil squirrel. "Quade, you coward! Face me!" She fears that the hamster is going to lose if she can't get to them in time....   

As the Ferravale fighters get closer to the enemy, the Chieftain falls behind into more of the middle of the group. Curse her short legs! Her bodyguards stay loyally beside her, refusing to leave her behind. As they get closer and closer, a roar breaks out from the group of vermin: "FOR FERRAVAAAAAAAAALE!!!"   

Minsc blocks a slice, another misses as he pants and grows tried and then a gasp of air as he feels the blade plunge into his shoulder blade and blood drips down the blade, he grips his own and swings towards the squirrel with all of his energy as he feels himself starting to pass out.   

Later, in taverns across the city of Ferravale they will recount this moment as the Charge of the Guard. It isn't the most epic tale, in retrospect much more training is needed for the Guard to effective at open warfare, at least one guard tripped and was trampled by his own mates. Others have trouble keeping formation.   

But none of that matters when the beasts slam into the enemy force, hacking and slashing and clashing with Quade’s forces. Bandit himself stays in the center, shouting orders. Despite this being one of their few open field battles the guard holds its formation, trying to divide and conquer the enemy.   

Xander frowns, he needs to get out there and help as he goes ahead and catches sight of Minsc and fears the worse "Minsc!!" He focus and his eyes flash but he controls the urge to lose control, he will not as he growls and slices at the vermin in his way so 4 rats and a couple weasels die fairly quickly,   

Edson goes to try and block Quade and check on Minsc as he frowns.   

Quade  narrows his eyes "Move hedge pig I need to finish him off..."He looks at Dorarose and smirks "A maid...fight me, well whatever little girl" Meanwhile Marek does something he normally wouldn’t in a fight. He lays aside the sword and takes off the borrows armor and sighs, a gash is hurting fairly bad as he nods "Infirm is..is best as may last mere moments out there...."He frowns more when he sees Xander go out "That’s either bad for Mr. Xander or bad for any vermin in his path"   

Zolomon watches as the badger takes out some vermin, and as the dozens of sparrows do as well   

Minsc fights to stay awake as blood pools around him he looks at the hedgehog and then his eyes close. He is alive as breathing shows this and one could take his pulse but from a distance he looks dead.

As Blisa starts to fight, the look of trepidation on her face switches to a slowly-forming grin. After a few minutes of slashing and stabbing, a low chuckle starts to trickle out of her, and it continues to rise in volume until she's laughing manically as she inflicts pain and death upon her foes! Her bodyguards stay near her, killing the enemy and protecting the Chieftain as best as they can, which is getting difficult as the last vestiges of her sanity and self-control (temporarily) slip away.   

DoraRose yells something unintelligible in rage as she is insulted. Little girl, huh? She is suddenly a tornado of death as she lets her rage fuel her, and a weasel runs away screaming as she roars and leaps over her suddenly dead foes. She nearly flies at Quade and goes to chop his (fluffy) tail off!!!!   

Angela turns and spots Xander leaving the Abbey. "Oh, no, 'e needs to not!" LilyMoore comes running over with the old Healer's herb satchel. "Nana, you forgot this in the Belltower!" The elderly mouse grabs the satchel and orders, "Get Marek to the Infirm while I try to stop that crazy badger!" The Healer is then out the gate.

...and is confronted by a fox. "I don't 'ave time for this," she grumbles as she slices him with her crystal. The fox falls to the ground convulsing as the poison does its deadly work. Any other vermin who get in the old Healer's way will suffer the same fate...   

LilyMoore goes to help her friend inside. "Come on! I....it's not safe out here!" She looks terrified.   

Tearing through the Ferravale guard ranks a pine marten and several rats slay a few of the guard, opening the ranks to further attack. "Ah blazes..." Bandit curses as he moves to quickly fill the gap. He meets one rat and slays him quickly, the weight of his claymore breaking the opponents blade made of weaker iron and cutting into his shoulder. Bandit Rips the blade clean, raising it in time to block the attacks of a savage pine marten. Swinging a hatchet in both paws he slashes and strikes against the fox. Bandit struggles to keep up with his rapid attacks. "A...little help? Anyone?"

The fox snarls, swinging his blade around to lop off the beasts head...and missing terribly! Bandit can only watch as the marten makes a scissor motion with his axes across the fox's bulging belly. Bandit screams as the tip of the ax blades catch in his chainmail, ripping it appear and sending iron rings flying in all directions.   

This is it, thinks Bandit. I'm slain! He screams, head butting the marten and knocking him backward as his claymore comes down upon the creatures head. Breathing deeply the head guard steps backward, paw reaching down to survey the damage done. Half expecting to see his guts spilling out of a horrendous wound Bandit is surprised to find himself unscathed. His chain mail tunic is torn to pieces, leaving his stomach fur exposed but unwounded. The fox still pats himself down just to make sure he is still alive. "Ok then..." he shrugs, heading back into the fight.   

The sparra warriors are accomplished fighters, and it shows as there battle the Quade's hoard. The infantry probable was not trained in fight a flying legion like the sparrows, and although the archers do shot down many, once they are located they are dealt with efficiently.   

Xander kills a couple rats and one about stabs Lilymoore and Xander beheads the rat, he looks to see Minsc and thinks him dead as he growls and his eyes flash again...he knows he is gonna lose it.."Inside Lily....."He makes his way towards Quade , this squirrel has killed enough of his friends he needs to go down and one look at the badger smarter vermin flee, yeah they quit.   

Edson frowns as Minsc passes out and quickly takes his pulse, finding a weak one he is relieved and scoops him up and rushes inside "Excuse me, coming though out of the way!"   

Marek goes to help Edson get the hamster to the infirm, "Someone find Mr. Leon or the beaver..both maybe" Quade meanwhile takes a swing at the mouse maid and watches as more of his forces die, and others run "Get back here fools!"!   

And to think, Dominik had gone out today merely to take a simple stroll in the woods for his usual patrol shift; hardly anything ever happened in his part of Mossflower, and so it had come as a great surprise to him when he had gotten word that Redwall was apparently under attack. Part of his duty was to make sure that things like that didn't happen, and so the immense hare had altered his course and made a swift beeline for the Abbey to see if what he had heard is true. Dom moves as quickly as he is able, soon enough the walls of the Abbey come within sight, the sounds of battle reaching his ears as well.   

LilyMoore screams as she is almost stabbed, but then she is saved! Backing up, she hears what her friend says and nods. "I'll go! I'll be right back!"   

Angela is slashing the enemies who notice her, ignoring them as the scream and collapse to the ground in their painful deaths. She tries to get the badger's attention. "You're not fit to be out 'ere -- LOOK OUT!" she bonks a fox on the head; he had been trying to sneak up on the badger.   

DoraRose ducks the squirrel's swing....just barely. Growling, she goes to slice him from hip to shoulder, oblivious to any wounds she got before.   

Blisa is still laughing like a literal lunatic as she cuts and slices and stabs at her enemies! Her bodyguards are sustaining injuries, but are somehow managing to avoid death, except for that one new recruit. The young cat can barely tell the difference between friend and enemy anymore, so her soldiers had better stay behind her, just in case she gets more confused...   

Xander is lucky he put his armor on, but not his leg and arm guards just the chest plate as a ferret manages to cut his lower arm, he spins around to see the downed fox and frowns, another fox clacks his blade into the armor and the badger punches it out. He pants and looks at Angela "Your...gonna....get hurt.." And some rats attack them and Xander goes to slice at the rats, he still wanted to get to Quade.

Edson meanwhile helps to get injured guards to the infirm after he gets Minsc there, he also helps an injured sparrow, well least he has something to do to help.   

Quade glares as he swings and then the mouse maid gets luckily, over half of the squirrels tail comes off as he goes to shove her down and looks at the old mouse and grins as an idea comes to mind, he rushes towards the older mouse in an effort to grab her and try and make her lose the staff onto the ground   

Bandit is feeling pretty good right about now. He's escaped death at least twice. He's in the thick of it now, using his dagger in one paw and an ax in the other, both looted from enemies that after his claymore got stuck in the guts of a fellow fox. His armor looks bloodied and his tunic torn. "Regroup!" He shouts. Calling his guards and enemies alike to his side. He fights, claws, bites, slashing down enemies as he works his way back to Blisa and her body guards. "Blisa! Order the guards to regroup. We can charge again and end this!" he says.   

Dominik quickens his pace even more the closer he gets, and if anyone happens to be paying attention to the path they would see the intimidating, looming form of a mahogany-furred hare approaching the chaos currently swirling around the Abbey. Without a word, his expression steely and grim, Dom draws the massive sword slung across his back and enters the fray, though he remains at the back of the group; any of the beasts attempting to flee down the path in his direction are swiftly cut down without much effort, leaving an escape route for the enemy pretty much null and void...at least on the path.

Zolomon shots an arrow at Quade once he finds an opening.   

DoraRose roars with laughter as she struggles to stay focused and in control. But the Bloodwrath is rising, and she may not be able to fight it for too much longer. But then she's knocked over, and she follows the evil squirrel's trajectory with her gaze.... "NO, LEAVE HER ALONE!!!" She screeches as she sees him head after her grandmother.   

Who just happens to be slicing at enemies right now. "I can take o'myself, sonny!" Angela grumbles at the badger as the vermin she manages to hit fall to the ground convulsing. Seeing Quade come at her, she mentally recants her statement and tries to hit him with her poisoned crystal.....   

Blisa is still laughing, although it's sort of now a wheeze because her breathing is faster and harder now that she's been fighting and working hard for a while. She doesn't notice who's in front of her; she just sees that it's a fox, and so she lashes out at her Head Guard's ankle, aiming to fell him and slice his throat (a signature move of hers). Ferdinand grabs her arm and says, "Blitha! Hey, that'th Bandit!" The Chieftain's laugh stops abruptly, and her gaze snaps to focus on the fox's face. Ooops. "Call a regroup!" The ferret orders, but all the cat can do is shake her head.   

Oh, snap..   

The fox let's out a panicked yelp as he feels a sudden sharp pain in his leg. He falls onto his side, only able to watch in shock as the feline's blade comes down to slit his throat. The dagger grazes his neck, nicking the flesh before he saved from such a fate, "Are you INSANE!" The head guard cries. He tries to get back up but his leg buckles under him. "BLIIIIIIIISAAAAAAAAAAA!" he shouts.   

Quade ducks the staff and goes to try and knock it from her paws with one of his own dead rats, then he  he goes to grab her, and lay his blade at her throat. He tenses up as the hare's arrow hits him in the upper back but he is still standing as he breaths deeply and looks at the beasts, he looks at the badger "Come on...finish me off stripedog...one move...ONE MOVE....she falls dead" He starts to back off, he is losing and he knows it and this is a way out alive...."I am going to leave now....yes and no one follows me....or death to the old hag here"   

Xander kills a ferret and then raises his blade at Quade only to stop and lower it slowly...he snarls as he stands in front of Quade. He wants to just behead him and he easily could most likely as his eyes return to their normal color as he breaths in and out deeply watching the squirrel "Yours sealing your own death Quade"   

Dominik continues to cut down those who are unfortunate enough to stray into his path. Eventually, the large hare sheathes his sword once again, seemingly getting bored with the weapon, and he goes at it with fists and footpaws. Occasionally, he reaches down to lift a vermin off the ground bodily, flinging him into the nearest tree with as much force as possible. Others have their neck snapped with a twist of his large paws, and yet others get a solid kick right in the face, likely breaking whatever bones that are in that general area. Dom seems generally nonchalant about it all, no battle cries needed...that steely expression remains upon his face as he tries his best to help drive the vermin out of the area.   

Zolomon frowns, he fires an arrow at a ferret who goes to stab Dorarose and then looks ready to fire one at Quade but frowns...he lowers his longbow he can’t risk killing the healer.   

Angela barely has time to register that her staff is now on the ground before there's a sword at her throat. She immediately freezes, her paws up to show that her staff was her only weapon.

DoraRose screams when her grandmother is grabbed and comes up off the ground swinging. The few vermin close to her are now dead (or wishing that they were) as she staggers forward a step. "Let her go, you coward!"   

The old Healer waves a paw at her granddaughter. "Don't fret, Sweetheart. I've been in this situation afore, and I escaped. I can do it again. Just do as the squirrel says." She will let Quade lead her away.   

Ferdinand shakes the Chieftain again. "Call a regroup!" Blisa blinks, then yells as loudly as she can, "Warriors of Ferravale, to me!" "You heard the Chieftain, to her! Regroup and charge!!" Clarissa roars, stabbing a stoat with 2 daggers. Valerie kneels down and starts wrapping the Head Guard's wound. "Yes, she is on the verge of insanity, but don't say that to her face ever again," she whispers, "for your sake."   

The fox only manages to lay there, tail twitching as he begins to growl. Bandit manages to slaughter his way through a hostile army with no problems, but what brings him down in the end? A kitten! With a knife! Who is supposed to be on his side! "BLISA! I'll feed you to your own snake!" Despite his flailing arms it seems like Bandit is out of the battle. In the end he sits up, letting the beasts tend to his rooms. Oh the words he is going to have with the chieftess once they get back to Ferravale...   

Quade glares at them , he has 10 beasts left, well about 5 on the ground alive but badly wounded as he starts to back off with the healer, back to his base.   

Xander growls as Quade takes off and then drops to his knees and shivers as he coughs back some tears. "I'm...sorry...sorrry he got away"   

Zolomon quickly is coming down from the wall and out the gates to be by Xander's side"Xandy?....You ok?"   

Dominik is quickly running out of beasts to mangle, and his attention turns to the hostage situation a short distance away. The hare makes his way in that direction, watching as the squirrel begins to take his hostage away. "Is right. Let go," the large hare intones regretfully in his deep voice, looking quite annoyed that he didn't get close enough to Quade while he was able. A frown crosses his muzzle. "Vil find soon, don't vant harm to come to her now. Not sure vat vil do, is crazybeast."   

Henry looks with rage at the retreating form of Quade. He shouts after the squirrel. "You shall be known as a crowed, and a liar for the rest for your life one thousand seasons after it! Mark my words worm! MARK. MY. WORDS!”

DoraRose falls to her knees weeping. Angela lets herself be led away; they don't need to drag her, she knows better than to fight. The fighters from Ferravale mill about for a few minutes, then one of the higher-ranking guards starts giving out orders. Blisa takes a step forward, but then collapses to the ground in a faint. Ferdinand scoops her up and rushes her inside. The remaining Ferravale-ians and Redwallers start to gather up the wounded. An Abbey guard manages to retrieve Dora's axe as she's led inside, still crying. How is she going to explain this to her children?   

Xander stands and makes sure any wounded are taken inside and any stray vermin, are well killed. He lets some tears fall and looks to the other Mossflower Defenders "I am...getting inside need to report to Benar...and Zolomon..Henry help any other wounded and find a place the Ferravale beats can stay" He heads inside   

Dominik trails behind a little to make sure there are no surprise attacks from the fleeing enemy; when he is sure that things have calmed, the hare turns and quietly follows the others into the Abbey.   

Zolomon nods "Right Xandy" He checks on a couple guards and a ferret from Ferravale and helps inside.   

The bird bard throws a smart salute. "Sir, Yes, Sir!" and he hops to do as he was bid, getting some will sparra to help him with some of the bigger beasts.   

Xander gets inside and frowns as he looks around “Where is Abbot Benar?” He asks an order beast and they speak ”His room” The badger nods and heads to the Abbots Quarters. After he speaks with Benar he will go somewhere in the abbey, and just get some alone time and some tears out.

Meanwhile the wounded are tended to and others are calmed down as the danger has  ended and any killed will be buried and a funeral planned for later. Zolomon takes a couple otters to make sure no vermin are around the outside walls and to make sure all wounded was for sure inside and then heads back in himself almost bumping into Oz.

Oz frowns “Careful Zolomon….go eat and get some rest.”

“Is Xandy ok Oz” The hare asked.

Oz just speaks quietly” I will check on him, now get food and rest “ The badger then heads off to find Xander, least he is in the abbey so that’s a relief.

Last edited by oz (2017-04-21 07:21:21 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer