Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-20 05:29:16 PM

oz

The Battle Part 1-Quade TP

He had come to the wall top to think and had been there for the past hour and nothing had happen, Gorvenalus sighed as he looked over the tree line and the road below as he had many thoughts on his mind. A couple guards were on the wall top as well, and it was time for whoever was coming on watch duty next to come up the steps   

Quade was nearby and so was one of his archers, he snaps his fingers and an arrow files towards the wall top. The squirrel had a job to finish and no one was going to stop him from finishing it.   

Saden stayed by the tree she was at and watched, she was one of those who helped Quade and near her was other beasts as well   

The old beaver is both lucky and unlucky as the arrow finds its mark, but deep into his shoulder as he gasps in pain and quickly steps backwards to the steps being careful to not fall down the steps. He doesn't have to, nor wants to, see whom just fired an arrow at him.   

Zolomon is quick and makes his way to the beaver as he was about to start his watch guard duties, " Abbot G..ya ok, wot happen?" Well duhh what happen, he looks down to another guard, an otter, "Quade and his friends are here go warn beasts!"   

Minsc hears the commotion and seeing the beaver injured he races past others "Gorvenalus!" He is at his side in a heartbeat and is soon getting him to the infirm and comes back out with his sword, "I am going outside, who is following me and who is staying on the wall tops?"   

Xander steps out and towards the wall tops with a frown but stops to look around "Zolomon help at the wall tops...and someone help Minsc outside, someone tell someone to ring the abbey bell!" Ok he is going to quickly get his blade and armor on, just in case as he goes to the gatehouse to let a couple others know what is happening.   

Edson already has his short sword "I will help Minsc sir." He deep down wished for a better warning but that isn’t always what happens in this sort of thing. He hurries off after the hamster.   

The beaver frowns but then gives a weak smile as he is helped to the infirm, "I..I am fine my friend and Minsc...please be careful my friend" He then gets inside, he is not one to fight, nor has the skills. If a healer is needed he will be not too far away, just inside the infirm.   

Patch is also here, "hey...I wanna help somehow" He goes to carefully peek over the edge of the wall to see what they are dealing with.

Quade has A LOT of beasts here. Some on the road with blades, staffs and spears and some archers on the road and in the trees with him. "Greetings Redwall, ya should of just surrendered as would of been less bloodshed...or maybe not, sides this way is more fun!"   

Inside the gatehouse a certain stoat, Marek is still recovering but right now he is borrowing some armor no one uses now, as well as getting his blade, seems he aims to help take down Quade and his gang weather he should or not.   

Xander is soon back and in his armor, and has The Blade Of The Northwind Storms in paw "How many are there Patch and come down from there to tell me, and stay down once you do you should be in bed." He makes a mental note where the Mossflower Defenders are or least those he can see. His vision is back almost fully, but bright sunlight still makes him blink a lot if he looks any certain direction, not good when a large group of bad beasts could get in and he hopes they don’t.

Saden snorts but she is ready to fight when the big part of this battle starts.   

Minsc makes his way out to the gates, a couple otter guards at his side “Quade...come fight me ya scum! Your gonna pay for hurting Abbot Gorvenalus!" Yeah he is just a little, no a LOT peeved!   

Quade chuckles deeply as he singles for his group to attack as he steps into view" Only hurt? Gee I was hoping it was a fatal blow, then again with his age and all he could still die and then that would only leave you to die...well from your village anyways I still have a lot to kill in these lands and aim to take a lot out today"   

Patch reports "Right....well there is a lot Stripy...on the road and most likely in the trees so best keep those that can't fight inside and that’s where I am going...tell me when it’s over" And he is quick to go inside and probably hide somewhere

Zolomon frowns as he looks at the varies beasts and carefully aims for a fox and selects an arrow and fires at it, the fox gets an arrow to the throat, well one down and...like 174 bad beasts to go   

Xander nods to Patch as he frowns, he gets some that can fight to carefully go outside and looks up to see if the sparrows are ready to fight as they most lily know by now it’s a fight happening.   

Minsc narrows his eyes at Quade and then goes to charge him sword swinging out   

Xander grips his sword as he keeps an eye on the gate, and makes sure archers on the wall have arrows, and had someone make sure others stay inside where it’s safe.   

Edson slips out to help Minsc and right away is fighting a couple weasels, he barely had time to draw his sword and start fighting   

Quade cackles insanely and sidesteps, he slices at the hamster" Act before you think...good move Minsc I like that!" His horde attacks anyone coming out and he has a small number of archers on his side as well ready to fire off at the walls after he nods to do so.   

Marek finishes slipping on armor and takes a deep intake of breath as one of his injuries hurts, but sword in paw he is going out to help...unless he is stopped first.   

Saden ears go flat, she sneaks behind a guard, a vole and stabs them in the back killing them and quickly slips behind a tree and waits for anyone else to get too close.   

Zolomon fires off an arrow when he sees he has an opening, and it’s not very often.   

Suddenly, the bells start ringing the alarm! The few remaining non-combatants who are outside immediately dash to the main Abbey building.   

DoraRose has literally been caught off-guard. She had been doing some last-minute training with her newest weapon (war hammer, because this girl likes overkill and giant weapons, okay?), so she had to dash to where her light bark armor and metal helmet were and strap herself into them. Now she leads a contingent of Redwall guards; she has sent a message to Magramba, but until he comes, she'll lead the guards. She is Gatekeeper, after all. The safety of her home is part of her concern, both as a resident Warrior and as Gatekeeper.

Roaring, they dash out the gate! The mouse has her axe in paw and her sword at her side; she's not good enough with her new war hammer to use it yet. "REDWAAAAAAAAALLLLL!! DEATH TO CONQUERERS!!!!" Some other guards run up to the walls and fire off a surprise volley of sling stones, javelins, and arrows at the enemy!   

Angela hobbles over to the gatehouse; she had been in the orchards, looking for moss, but now this is happening, so she's decided to move her stoat patient over to the Infirmary. She can tie him to a bed and call him a 'prisoner' to justify him being in the Abbey, right? Opening the door, she is confronted by him trying to leave! "Where d'ye think ye're off to?! Where'd y'get that armour?" She threatens him with her staff -- but with the bottom, because she's tied her poisoned crystal back onto the top.   

Meanwhile, coming from the North, Blisa is grumpy. Surrounded by her personal bodyguards, in addition to 50 Ferravale guards, she is dressed in her armour and ready to kill. "How on Earth could Basil get sick?? He's been locked in the basement all Winter! How could he have gotten too sick to come fight?!"   

"Maybe it was someone he ate." Bandit replies. There was a time when Bandit truly enjoyed visiting Redwall. It was a place of some fond memories (and fine food) But it was also a place of many conflicts. Familiar faces seem to be less these days as more and more beasts are taken by the seemingly never ending parade of warlords who seek to break their teeth on the abbey walls. And so here he was, dressed in his chainmail and wearing a clay more at his hip and a sigh on his lips from having to pull Redwallers tail out of the fire yet again.   

"Blast. It looks like we are not too late and actually have to do something about it." The heavy set swift fox chuckles. "I say we delay our attack and take the time to circle around them. Let the enemy become committed to the battle with Redwall before we crush them against its walls."   

Minsc sidesteps but not fast enough as his arm gets a long gash on it and he screams out in pain as blood pours down. He responds with a very unhamster like growl and stabs forwards with his blade at the squirrel "DIE!!"   

Xander keeps in the entry, he looks to the gatehouse with a frown, he could always help get Marek to the infirm, he is one of the strongest beasts in the abbey right now but he also makes sure others are safe "Careful on the wall tops!"   

Edson stabs a weasel and rolls away from the vermin before beheading a rat, "Well this is gonna either end badly or I will get lucky"   

Quade cackles as he fights Minsc "Why fight...you could just die and be with your family again!" Meanwhile Marek glares at the healer mouse, "Ouuta my way I am fighting and no one else was using this armor at the time..so excuse me I have pests to murder" He goes to push her aside, if he can.

Saden uses her throwing daggers and takes out an otter guard with two daggers to the chest and narrowly avoids an arrow from the wall that lands beside her. She hisses low and backs up a little out of range of the arrows.   

Zolomon fires off another arrow at a tall marten and gets them in the arm, he grumbles but an archer beside him finishes off the marten as the hare rolls his eyes "Bloody show off"   

Angela's reaction is basically spectacular, to say the least. She twirls her staff with surprising skill and goes to sweep the feet out from under the stoat, expertly keeping the sharp crystal away from him. "I am yer 'Ealer, and /I/ say that ye're not ready to go fight! Y'will listen to me, sonny, or I'll /show/ you why nobeast in Tuscani would lip off at me like y'just did!" He just made her mad......   

Blisa glares at the Head Guard. "Basil hasn't eaten anybody recently! Maybe the cheese I let him eat the other day was moldy...." Her ears perk at the sound of fighting, then flatten slightly as the fox's remark reaches her ears. However, instead of arguing immediately as is her wont, she thinks about his advice for a few minutes. He does have a tad more battle experience than she does. ".......fine. But how will we get behind them when there's no cover? Their backs are to the open plain."   

Spies are helpful, yo.   

Meanwhile, DoraRose leads the charge. As the guards immediately start fighting, she goes to behead a bad guy who's in between her and Quade. "Oi! Swamp face! Why don't you pick on some beast dumber than you? Oh, wait, that's not possible, because only an absolute MORON would attack Redwall!" She may or may not be trying to goad the evil squirrel into fighting her instead.   

Minsc fights fairly well seeing as a long gash is from his shoulder to elbow, but he blocks another swing of the sword and stumbles backwards. A rat comes to close and he stabs them in the chest and kicks them away before goes to glare at Quade and cussing under his breath, “Your hours are numbered Quade"   

Xander lets Angela handle whatever happens in the gatehouse as he is NOT going in there, the sparrows finally come and Xander smiles as they go to attack the vermin outside, one sparrow does get hit with an arrow and the badger quickly catches it. He sighs in relieve as its still alive but clearly in pain with an arrow in its wing, he passes it to an otter who gets the bird to the infirm.

"Oh I didn't say it is the perfect plan." Bandit admits but with a wicked grin. "I think their attention will be distracted...elsewhere at the moment. We Get behind them and form a wedge formation, then we charge into the middle of them. Divide, conquer and form a net around them as we work closer to the enemy." The fox waves with his paws to get the beasts ready to do just so. He doesn't tell Blisa that they have never tried anything like this but he still feels that their chances of survival are higher than simply 'Rushing them'.   

If anyone were to look behind the enemy force they might see 50 beasts gathering formation into a roughly wedge shape, like bowling pins lining and getting ready to charge at the beast throwing the bowling ball.

Edson looks over at where Minsc fights and quickly goes to get to his side best he can.

Quade smirks as he sidesteps but a surprised yelp is heard as he gets cut on the arm and in  anger stabs forwards towards the hamster his eyes blazing with battle light.   

Marek is surprised at the old healers move as he feels himself fall backwards and onto his back with an oof and looks up at the healer mouse and frowns, is it possible to be afraid of an old mouse? He takes a deep breath and mutters a "Yes madam"

Saden slays a couple mice and laughs, that’s cut short as an arrow goes into her throat and she falls onto the ground dead before she hits it.   

Zolomon grins, he looks to make sure no one else is in trouble before selecting another arrow and is ready, He ducks as the sparrows join in the fight   

As the hamster said 'Your hours are numbered Quade!' as if on cue, dozens  upon  dozens  of sparrows busted form Warbeak Loft, tearing in to enemy force with a ferocity even wolverines seldom display. Now, a certain black throated sparrow land near Xander, bowing deeply. "Captain winters Sir!  I have brought the Sparra!"   

Once the Ferravale-ians get into position and are all ready, Blisa draws her dirk and dagger and gulps. Okay, here we go. She can feel the crazy rising up within her, and she knows that once she starts fighting the enemy, she won't be able to fight her insanity. It's a frightening prospect for her. Ferdinand lays a paw on her shoulder. "You'll be okay," he whispers in her ear. Taking a deep breath, she nods and points to the evil squirrel's horde. "Charge!"   

Angela smiles grimly and lets the stoat get up. "Take off that armor and give me yer sword. I'm takin' ye to the Infirmary," She orders in a bossy-yet-kind way. She doesn't do gentle very well.

==Continued in  http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=278  =

Last edited by oz (2017-04-21 07:16:01 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer