Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-12 05:11:58 PM

oz

Into The Woods-Quade TP Log

Gorvenalus decided to explore the woodlands and maybe find some of those needed herbs, one being Mint he happen to find a little of, as well as some clover. He was alert for a little while and then started to relax a little as he walked along but had gotten slightly lost.

Alert? What's there to be alert about? The beaver has the woods all to himsel- no wait, there is a lizard coming down the pathway towards him. A red scaled beast dressed in civilized vestments and a fancy wide hat. He has a long sword at his hip and seems to be moving quite quickly towards the beaver.

Instead of stopping however Dylan hat tips the beast and continues on down the road.

Gorvenalus backs up and watches the odd beast and blinks slowly "Oh...well that is, rather odd to see"

Even Dylan has good days, days where decides not to ruin someone else’s by robbing them. Besides, the beaver looks too poor for the lizard to rob.

But not too poor for the archer that loosens an arrow at Gorvenalus's feet. The shaft sticks there in the ground before him as a warning not to take a step further. "Hault!" Comes a voice from the forest around them and soon a small gang of vermin appear about the two. Rats mostly, four in all and armed with pikes and short swords. Out of the bushes steps a pine marten who looks just as thin and hungry as his rats. He is armed with a bow. "Oh come ON!" says Dylan as he slaps his fore head.

Gorvenalus eeeps loudly as the arrow lands at his foot paws and looks around as the vermin surround him and adjusts his glasses "Oh my, this is not good...let me guess Quade is your boss?"

The marten raises an eyebrow, "Who the blazes is Quade?" He laughs, "Nah, nah, We be free beasts mate. This be nothing more than simple highway robbery. Speaking of which, drop your valuables please. We would so hate to dirty the forest floor with your spilled guts."

The lizard let's out a long sigh, "Oh come ON." He repeats, "Listen, the irony of this situation does not escape me but, can you extend to me a professional curtesy? Surely a group of bandit's must know who /I/ am."

Sorry, I think I would know a lizard as...unique as yerself. Now, make with dropping yer coin or my rats will eat ye lot fer supper." The rats begin to press around them, using their weapons to menace them.

Gorvenalus frowns "I...am sorry to say I have nothing of value and haven’t for a long long time and Quade is a squirrel, one that is on the wrong path as he only wants power and what he thinks is his."

"Fascinating story, pity I don't care." Says the marten, nodding to the rats. One with a spear advances on the beaver. "Hey boss, think we might cook em fer supper?"

Ew? No!" The marten replies, "Have you ever tasted beaver? They are all stringy and chewy. Lizard is much better." The rats all laugh at the marten's potential jest. It's hard to tell if he is just being threatening or serious. Dylan laughs as well, "Oh I havn't heard /that/ one before. Before we get too much farther there is one thing I would like to point out, you know just to -KNIFE TO YOUR FACE!" The lizard twists the hilt to his longsword before swiftly drawing a small dagger hidden inside. He uses it to slash the nearest rat, a splash of red appearing across the beasts snout as he screams.
Battle ensues...

Gorvenalus gasps and backs up "No need for violence....oh dear!" Three rats come towards the old beaver, he seems unsure what to do and finds a large branch and manages to slam one in the head, he frowns and goes to check on the rat's pulse as it groans, yep still alive as he looks up just in time to see the other two rats who may be glad their buddy is alive but not so glad the beaver knocked the rat out and their blades look fairly sharp.

So does the lizards as he comes at them. One rat leaps at the lizard, the other at the beaver. Both are armed with short swords and use them with experience. Dylan is pressed backward but holding his own, blocking the short sword with his dagger in one paw, swinging his sword with the other.

The rat after the beaver tries to tackle him and stab him with his deadly blade! Meanwhile behind him the marten is quickly notching an arrow, trying to get a clear shot at either of them through his own beasts. "Blast it all, MOVE!"

Gorvenalus moves backwards and avoids a tackle only cause of the tree root and he falls backwards onto a bunch of mushrooms and weeds.

"Ha! You call this fencing? I've fenced hamsters with more agility than you!" He says, pressing the attack. He swings his sword to lop off the rat's head...instead it strikes the martin's arrow right out of the air. "By the dark forest! Did you see that?" He says, gasping. "Blazes! That's a once in a life time-GAK!" As the lizard stands chatting the rat he slashed earlier leaps onto his back, biting down onto his neck. "GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!"

Gorvenalus starts to get up and gasps as a blade comes down towards him, he goes to get out of the way and his foot paw in in tangled in the twisted tree root and weeds!

Xander ventured out for a couple reasons, to find clues on Quade and to find a couple friends, one he found and after a shock as quickly heading back when he heard the sounds of fighting and was just in time to see the downed beaver, he growls and dashes forwards in time to barely block the rat's blade with his own, his eyes flash as he snarls, he takes a few deep breaths  to regain control and goes to push the rat back with his own blade!

Dropping his blades the lizard grabs onto the rat on his back with both claws, "I said. Get. OFF!" He rips the beast from his back, tossing him at the rat in front of him and the two go falling down into ground in a tangled mess. The rat still standing let's out a gasp as the badger appears before him. "BOSS!" The rat squeaks in terror as he tries to hold his own against the beast.

The boss however is not having any of this, he turns to run, abandoning his beasts to their fate. "Oh no you don't!" Dylan dashes forward, stepping off a rat's face and leaping off of his enemies to tackle the pine marten. The two collapse into a snarling mess of hissing and biting and clawing as they wrestle with each other.

Gorvenalus opens his eyes as they had been closed and he just watches  as the badger shows up and the fighting goes on around him. He seems too worried to move and the fact his ankle may be broken from the fall.

Xander narrows his eyes and his large blade slices at the rat in front of him, it’s clear he is not in a good mood right now for whatever reason.

"Eat him? EAT THE LIZARD?" Dylan shouts as he tries to wrestle with the marten. He gaps when the beast hits him in the chin with his paw, rolling on top of him and holding his bow in both paws like a club ready to smash his face in. "LIZARD MEAT IS TASTY! DEAL WITH IT!"

The rat meanwhile is still holding his own with the badger, blocking and parrying attacks until his buddies finish untangling from each other.

Gorvenalus goes to get his foot paw free and goes to stand only to fall sideways as it becomes clear, the ankle or foot paw is broken or seriously sprang

Xander is growing tired of the rat, and stabs forwards with his blade "Leave my friend alone!!" He has managed to regain control of his emotions, just barely.

The rat leaps backward, cackling with mad laughter as the blade misses his chest. The laughter stops as the blade keeps going, stabbing into his leg. "GAAAAAAaAaaAAAhHHHHhhHh!" His scream fills the air. The remaining rats are now standing again ready for combat and to help their fellow rat in -wait, no, they are turning to run and flee for their lives into the forest!

"DIE FILTHY LIZARD THING!" The marten shouts as the bow comes down. Dylan's fist however is faster, catching the bow as his free fist comes up to smack the beast across the jaw. Thrown off of lizard Dylan quickly returns to his feet, swinging the bow around him until it connects with the marten's head. There is a loud SNAP as the bow breaks and the marten goes flying into the ground, stunned and unmoving.

Gorvenalus watches in shock as he sits down on the forest floor and watches, well least most are running off so that’s good right?

Xander snorts as he backs up enough to swing the blade at the rat's head

A loud, terrified shriek fills the air as the pine marten holds up his paws, "Wait! Wait! I surrender! Please don't kill me!" He curls into a frightened terrified ball, "I surrender!”

The rat stumbles backward, with both paws he holds up his sword to deflect the blow but the badger simply powers through it, knocking the sword out of the beasts paws and loping off his head in a single stroke, "No wai-" SLUNK! The rat's body stands there for a moment longer before it collapses onto its knees and falls over.

Gorvenalus looks back and forth and slowly stands to lean on a tree as he speaks calmly" Xander...?" He looks over at the martin and lizard, wandering what will happen with them

Xander is managing to calm slowly as he lowers his blade and then  looks over at the beaver, "S..Someone k..killed a friend of mine...and...don't know..w..what to do...or who did it just ideas"

The lizard rolls his eyes at the marten bandit before turning to see a...BADGER? Ah well, it's Mossflower. There is always a badger handy to toss into danger at a moment’s notice. Not caring about the conversation between them Dylan retrieves his dagger, sheathing it into the hilt of his sword before tapping the marten on the shoulder. "Well beasty, I am mighty tempted to NOT accept your surrender, but I am a merciful beast if nothing else. So how about I give you a deal? You join the crew of Dylan Locke...or DIE."

Dylan stands there, grinning as the marten's eyes go wide. "Dylan...Locke?" He mulls the idea over. "I choose death."

"Right then, come with me and we will give you proper training and..." Dylan blinks, "What?"

"You're reputation precedes you reptile. Joining your gang is a DEATH SENTENCE. Those that follow you always end up with fates worse than simply dying! I don't want to be eaten by some snake or...or gutted by woodlanders!"

Gorvenalus frowns as he looks to Xander "We should leave while they are distracted I am thinking its unwise to stay and find out results"

Gorvenalus frowns as he looks to Xander "We should leave while they are distracted I am thinking its unwise to stay and find out results"

Xander at first seems in some sort of depressed mood, he then nods slowly and goes to  let the beaver lean against him to help him walk"Yeah...yeah need to get back to the Defenders...got some not good news"

The lizards shoulders slump. "Seriously? You would rather DIE than join my group?"

The marten narrows his eyes. "How many beasts have you lost? Dozens? How many were eaten by snakes, or ...or butchered?" The marten cringes under Dylan's glare. The sword comes up...before slowly being put away. "Go." He says simply and the marten takes off into the woods. The lizard watches the two beasts walk away before turning for the opposite direction.

Gorvenalus allows the help, he tenses as the marten runs past and then relaxes again. "Bad news?" He frowns.

Xander nods "T...Thunderwing's...dead..." He decides its faster to just fully carry the beaver on to the abbey. “I get you to the infirm and then have a meeting"

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer