Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-30 01:57:17 PM

oz

More Trouble-Missing Abbot Log

** First Zolomon(now my character) tries to save his friend, then once he is taken to the infirm Oz and my beaver show up **

==On the Dirt Road North Of Abbey==

Quade was peeved, well least he had damaged the group..yes. He took away their meeting please, he injured two of them, it was a start.

Thunderwing was flying, scanning and look over the area below, he had learned the squirrel was a bad fur as he put it.

Rowtag walked alongside the squirrel “So what now boss? What do we do the Redwallers know now”

Quade speaks “Simple…I kill Abbot Benar, they want their abbot back so badly, they can have him…dead.”

Zolomon just had to pick now to walk down the road, he slows when he sees Quade and quickly hides grabbing the beast beside him.

Edson gasps and is yanked behind the tree “Careful Zolomon thought we was going ta the abbey”

Thunderwing spots the Defenders, but also Quade and quietly goes to get closer to the tree line.

Zolomon frowns and points towards Quade.

Along the road walks Jasmine, a little too close to Quade and the cat, she sees them and gasps, quickly bolting in the direction of the abbey she sees up ahead.

Edson frowns, and then he sees “Oh no..the lass is in trouble Zolomon..we need to help!”

Rowtag sees the hare first and aims an arrow and fires it towards her back

Quade narrows his eyes “One of the fool Defenders! Is she is around others most likely are as well..knock her out, capture her!”

Jasmine hears the yell and screams, the arrow glares her ear as she runs, she then slips on some mud, gets up only to slip again.

Zolomon charges at Quade “DEFENDERS!!” Yeah he made a battle cry!  He looks angry as he has out his rarely used saber, yes always good to try and learn to use other weapons, but also note always good to practice using them as well and he has not practiced  much at all!

Edson sighs, great now he has to get his daggers out and help the hare

Rowtag goes to grab the hare maid and catches sight of Zolomon before standing, he will need to keep both hands on the hare maid so Zolomon is lucky he can’t fire off an arrow.

Quade can flick a dagger though as he grins “I say we trap the lot of you!”

Thunderwing comes down from the sky then and aims his talons at Quade

Jasmine kicks and screams as she is grabbed and tries to break free but fails.

Zolomon tenses up as the dagger enters his side and stumbles in pain, he holds his side and seems to debate on taking the dagger out or not.

Rowtag decides now is a great time to leave, he quickly leaves

Quade screams as the eagle grabs his cloak and struggles, he uses his sword and purposely slashes it to escape and bolts up the road “This isn’t over Defenders!”

Thunderwing caws loudly and has just the cloak, he drops it beside the hedgehog “Wanted fur not cloak,

Zolomon groans and stands shakily on his foot paws “Jas…he has Jas”

Edson nods “Let’s get ya to Redwall. Come on “ He helps the hare down the road.

=firepit=

Xander sits, waiting and getting more and more worried   

Thunderwing flies and lands near the badger with a torn up cloak of some sort.   

Edson helps a hurt Zolomon and makes him sit down, "Ya insane Zolomon...come on stay awake"

Zolomon groans "T...The cat got Jas..."And then he passes out.

Xander eyes widen as he catches the hare and now his worry rises as he looks between the eagle and the hedgehog, "Start explaining"   

Thunderwing caws softly “Cat with longbow take away hare maid...bad squirrel fur stab hare. Thunderwing get cloak, but not squirrel"   

Edson nods "That's correct, he tried to fight him up close. I think he will be ok once the healers take a look at him"   

Xander says, "Ok..so he has a new captive" He takes the hare to the infirm and returns "Ok as leader of the Defenders, no one goes out unless its together..." He frowns and shakes his head "I shouldn’t of let Zolomon go out to find you guys. He’s hurt cause of...me""   

Thunderwing says, "Not friend Xander fault...evil fur squirrels fault"   

=open ground=

Xander walks into the open ground, seems he rather just be lone, he took the hare to the infirm and now sits worried.   

Edson beside him "Try to relax sir, could be worse"   

Thunderwing stays nearby as he perns a wing,"Thunder wises he get more than cloak of badfur"   

Oz walks into the open ground, hearing voices he walks that direction "What has happen now?"   

Leon wheels out, carefully to see what all the talking is about "Something else...besides Zolomon being ....in my infirm now" He frowns he feels horrible right now, but he was up so he tended to the hare, well best he could.   

Xander frowns "I am not sir"   

Edson says, "Well you are leader now, of the Defenders so sort of right ta call ya sir. Sign of respect and all that"   

Thunderwing nods "Is still xanderfriend to me." He lays down the cloak "Thunderwing need fishes...Thunderwing back later"

Leon goes over to the badger "Zolomon will be...be ok, alright"   

Oz frowns as he hears Leon out "You should be resting Brother Leon"   

Xander frowns "Your older than me..everyone is older than me...well Zolomon is about my age but still"   

Edson shrugs "Fine...Xander then..I say we still have that meeting"   

Leon frowns as he is quiet, more so than normal, not really replaying to any beast.   

Oz listens as everyone talks "Yes..meetings are good, make sure you have all the members that can be there." He notes Leon's quietness "Leon?"   

Xander nods, he looks at the cloak "Is that...Quade’s cloak Thunderwing found or torn off him?"   

Leon frowns, he looks up at Oz "I...I just need help back to a cot...shouldn’t be so tried still"   

Oz frowns as he is now concern, he listens to them, before moving over to Leon “You need to better recover before doing too much."

Edson looks at the cloak Thunderwing dropped, "Yep...too bad didn't take his tail too...that been better" He examines it seeing if anything is in it. Nothing of interest some silver coins...and 2 vials, “Well the squirrel had something strange.."   

Xander looks over at Leon and then Edson "Vials of what...wait a minute...Gorvulus mentioned Quade used different poisons...like some that work quick and some slow..when he hurt Zolomon did he do anything with any one of those"Wait if it’s the same ones maybe it’s been used before or well one of them.   

Edson frowns "I don't know sir...was sort of fighting a ferret and then Thunderwing tried to grab him and just got the cloak and he ran off and I helped the hare inside, I do know his 2nd in command got away with Jasmine"   

Leon half listens as he shoos Oz off and goes to wheel himself to the infirm steps, he will just walk up the 2-3 steps and lay down on the nearest cot.. Only he makes it just to the door and passes out, he had been awake a day or day and half from his light faint, never really getting past tried, and he is clearly unconcious now.   

Lacota comes from the direction of the graveyard, walking slowly toward the abbey. "What seems to be going on here?"   

Oz listens and luckily is close when he hears a novice gasp, he catches Leon before he hits the ground and holds him ,"Leon...Leon?" He hears Lacota enter "Some more troubles"   

Xander spins around as he holds the torn up cloak and frowns, "Leon?" He sounds worried as he looks to Lacota "Quade was on the road and Thunderwing tried to catch him and got his cloak...there is a couple strange vials in it and few coins" He holds it out"And Zolomon is in the infirm"   

Edson frowns as Leon passes out"Yeah crazy squirrel, has a tall cat as his helper, has some hare maid as a captive also now."   

Leon is unconcious in Oz’s arms now, so he isn’t going to do much   

Xander sits down, "I'm leader for less than a day....less than a day..."   

Edson frowns" Sir...tis not your fault we there was trouble on the way here. It could of been worse. Zolomon saw the hare maid get caught and went to save her, almost got caught himself and most likely would of if it wasn’t for the eagle stopping him...and the crazy had like 4 ferrets with him"   

Lacota sighs. "Trouble is all we get, lately. Some beast, get Leon to a bed, please."   

Oz holds Leon in his arms and frowns, "Quade needs found and stopped....what was in Quade's cloak?"   

Xander answers "Some silver coins and 2 vials of something wield looking..Thunderwing got it when he tried to catch Quade"   

Lacota holds his paw out. "Let me see those vials."   

DoraRose comes running from the direction of Great Hall. "Leon! Where is my husband?" She rushes over to the badger holding the other mouse. "A Novice found me and told me that he fainted. What was he doing?" Angela comes out of the door from the Infirmary, leaning on her staff, which now has a sharp-looking crystal attached to the top. She scowls. "What is goin' on out 'ere? I 'ave patients who are tryin' to sleep....oh, my." She goes to check on the Master Healer.   

Leon groans a little as he is still unconcious, but maybe trying to wake up again.   

Oz says, "I am unsure, I caught him before he landed on the ground. I think he is still weak from before"   

An old beaver dressed in odd blue robes with strange symbols walks over "Quade most likely poisoned him, same as the vixen but with a slower acting one, it’s still in his system and one of those vials most likely is it...the other is most likely the quicker working one that was placed in your caretakers tea a couple days ago" Which Oz is very glad he DIDNT drink.   

Xander hands the vails to Lactoa, "That’s the only thing that was in Quade’s cloak...well the coins, " He sighs as he sits back down "Also...another update I am leader of the defenders now"   

Lacota looks the vials over, then carefully uncorks one, and takes a sniff of the contents. "Odorless... Most likely tasteless, as well. Can probably be mixed into anything without detection." The squirrel replaces the cork. "If I had to guess, it's either hemlock, belladonna, or foxglove..."   

DoraRose goes to take her husband from the badger, her great strength allowing her to hold him with ease. "Leon? Leon, honey, please wake up...." Angela looks at the others, then hobbles over to them. "You, beaver.....you know this Quade monster? Can you tell me about his poisons? Gimme that, please," the old Healer adds gruffly, reaching for the vial the Friar has. "It may be a mixture of things...." The Warrior glances at the young badger. "You'll be a good leader, Xander.....oh, Leon, please wake up...."   

Leon manages to open his eyes a little but he isn’t very alert, still very weak and barely awake as he shivers a little.   

The beaver speaks "He destroyed my home..my family and friends are all...but one, who may be dead now as well I am unsure. Quade uses slow working poisons that makes one look ill for weeks..then one dies usually...or sometimes he used Quick acting ones, like that first vile..one he most likely placed in your caretaker's tea and clearly he didn’t drink it or he wouldn’t be alive now."   

Oz frowns as he listens "Quade knew I was untrusting of him...I told him I wanted to talk to him and I was about to make tea....he made it but I didn’t think too much of it as he had some he clearly did nothing to and was drinking his...I didn’t drink mine, not even a sip"   

Xander stands up and goes to head off towards the pond, he needs to be alone for a while.

Lacota hmmphs, and passes one of the two vials to Angela. "What I find perplexing is why Quade never tried to kill me. I have been quite vocal for weeks that I thought he was a snake in the grass." He shrugs. "Not that it matters much."   

DoraRose holds her husband close. "I'm right here, love. Some beast bring me a blanket...." A Novice, who had been peeking out from the Infirmary, goes to get one. Angela takes the vial. "If y'want somebeast to kill ya, go make DAB angry," she comments dryly, then turns to the beaver. "D'ye 'ave any idea what 'e could've used in these poisons? I 'ave a stash of my own personal herbs; we may be able to make an antidote." Looking at the Master Healer, she adds, "And I'd like to do it soon. Leon may not be of my flesh and blood, but 'e married my granddaughter, and I'd like to 'elp 'im as soon as possible."   

Oz frowns as he listens, the beaver speaks " I am unsure...the herb Rue may help...there was some others" He finds a list he made earlier "A few herbs that can take out toxins, it will help and examining the slow working poison will as well" He looks over at the Master Healer and frowns, "Yes soon is best...I am unsure he had antidotes, he lies to make some things stronger as he recently figured out how to make some sort of knockout herb mixture stronger"

Lacota frowns as well. "Anything we can learn about these poisons will be helpful... We need to capture Quade." He sighs. "He still has Benar somewhere... What is his end goal, anyway?"

"Probably to capture Redwall because he's an idiot," Dora quips as she takes her husband into the Infirmary.  Angela nods slowly.  "Rue.....I don't believe I 'ave any of that, but I do 'ave some others.  What else is on that list o'yours?"

The beaver speaks "Yes...Rue...Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Cilantro, and Black Walnut...these can be found and used. A sparrow did go to look for some"

Lacota nods. "We have a good supply of dandelion here in the abbey, I can have a novice gather some."

Angela listens, then turns to the Friar.  "Don't ye 'ave cilantro in the kitchen?  I 'ave some black walnuts, but not very many....but I'm sure we can find some 'ere on the grounds.  Milk thistle and rue are the only ones I don't 'ave......"

Oz decides to head off, he has his dibbuns to tend to. The beaver stays a little while"We should work on an antidote now...or I fear the vixen and your Master Healer could die, the longer it’s in one's system the worse it becomes" He heads to the infirm, he will try and help this abbey best he can while he is here.

Last edited by oz (2017-03-30 02:18:25 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer