Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-05 06:02:57 PM

oz

Sparing Helps-LP LOG

Who:

Zolomon- Archer/ Runner and Private First Class in LP

Rudolfo- Fighter and Private in the LP

Sinway- Brother in Redwall Abbey

A spoofed Stoat....

Log:

Zolomon is back in Halyard, he has been here a lot the past few days but he has avoided the tavern, so far anyways as he walks along the road to think, or maybe not think so much in some cases.

Rudolfo has sometime off is why he is in Halyard today, he sees Zolomon and walks over"Hey...not seen you for a couple days, you been doing ok my friend?"

Zolomon stops and shrugs "I..been avoiding most the past couple days, looking around Halyard, some..not so rough areas around."

Rudolfo says, "Oh...not always good to avoid friends ya know and Halyard is nice at times, so is the beach and other places.""

Sinway comes walking up to the two hairs, the direction he is coming from suggest he just got back from the tavern. as he walks he is lightly tossing a bag of coin "G'day mates, how ye be t'day?"

Zolomon looks at Sinway and nods a hello "It's..a day Brother Sinway, not much goin' on really, it's just a normal day"

Rudolfo waves to the otter and shakes his head at Zolomon "You seriously need to do something and get your mind off things."

Zolomon glares at the other hare "I don't need to do anything and I am fine ok."He shakes his head and walks towards one of the small shops and almost into another beast as he backs off and mutters something.

Rudolfo frowns, he just watches him and starts to follow, "I don't think your fine, not totally anyways. You want to talk? Or maybe get a drink...or snack..there is a place that has pastries nearby"

Zolomon shakes his head "I don't wanna talk to..." And a voice that may seem a little familiar to him, maybe.."I could so help with that if your serious hare boy"The hare turns to see..oh great it's one of the stoats and they look oddly happy"But not today...later...me and a few..friends have plans, might be good to watch your back..oh yeah that's hard isn't it"He chuckles and just walks off, leaving Zolomon to stand there and then "Yeah..wot ever ya vermin furbag" The hare yells out, seems to start to follow and decides not to after all.

Rudolfo paw edges towards his dirk when he sees the stoat and walks over slowly, he watches the stoat leave and looks to Zolomon"Wot did ya do to upset him? I don't think this be some..random thing"

Sinway sighs but isn't going to let Zolomon bad mood ruin his day, the otter is in a good mood after all "Me offer t' spar still be open z, if ye need somethin' t' get yer mind off things." Started to follow the two hares tucking his coin bag into his habit pocket when he notices the stoat walking away from Zolomon, stepping past him quickly staying out of his line of sight coming up to Rudolfo just as he asks Zolomon that question "I'll explain it later mate, bu' maybe we should move someplace else fer the time bein'."

Zolomon speaks "I am..not worried about it, it's just some dumb vermin pest with a loud mouth"He nods to Sinway"We could..spar, but where. It could be interesting"

Rudolfo sighs as they start to head more toward the path to the beach again"If you say so...but it just seemed like..more"He nods to the otter and chuckles a little "A Redwall beast...likes to spar?"

Sinway gives Rudolfo a friendly pat on the back "First and foremost I be a otter, we like to be all rough and tumblin', spar and play fights jus' be one of the ways we have fun." He follows Rudolfo hoping Zolomon will naturally just start following them "Second off, I was a warrior a lot longer then I was a Redwall beast." He then turns to Zolomon "The beach be a good spot, and ye shouldn' write 'em vermin off yet, experience has taught me that if a vermin beggin' fer his life shows back up tis normally a sign he got some buddies with him."

Zolomon shrugs "Vermin don't scare me, never did even when I was a dibbun they didn't...maybe he will be back and maybe not, could just been trying to act tough"He forms a faint grin "Spar on de beach...maybe, but when?" He is interested in sparing, it has been a while since he has spared with anyone.

Rudolfo looks back in the direction the stoat went and looks back to them" Vermin don't have to scare someone to be troubling...I know a weasel, not seen him lately, but he hates me..like a lot and there is a rat here who is like a best friend to me, though if I went saying that in front of others they likely think me insane to have a rat as a friend, ask what is wrong with me even"

Sinway sighs again shaking his head "There be a difference between bein' scared and being careful." He looks over to Rudolfo "Tis because they ain't seen t' many good vermin mate, I have had plenty of vermin who where friends even a couple I would trus' t' have me back in battle." He looks out at the beach figuring it be good to get Zolomon out of Halyard and closer to the mountain and says "How about we go out t' the beach and spar now?"

Zolomon nods"Sure" Short, simple and to the point "Let's go then."Finally he seems interested in something for a change.

==The Beach===

Rudolfo had decided to follow the two back to the beach and walks along it as he looks around..it's a clear, slightly warmer than a couple days ago and no vermin here on the beach!

Sinway follows the two out but makes a quick stop by the tavern coming out with a few bottles grinning to him self he catches up with the two taking his fiddle off his back handing it and the bottles from the tavern to Rudolfo before rolling up the sleeves of his habit

Zolomon watches Sinway and takes off his longbow and arrows, he didn't have his saber, which could of been a bad thing. "So..you still wanna spar huh"

Rudolfo just stays off to the side to watch, and keep an eye on things. A couple other hares are outside and look their direction but don't yet walk over.

Sinway smiles and nods taking up a fighting stance keeping his stance loose "Remember mate, I'm jus' goin' t' provide a target, and ye try to hit me, an' don' feel bad if ye do."

Zolomon slowly smirks, "If I..don't....you just be careful"He stands ready and studies the otter and then goes to attempt to knock him down into the sand.

Rudolfo sits down and will watch the two spar, not much else to do and he has done training today and in fact has the day off.

Sinway neatly pivots out of the way of the hare hopping a few steps back to put some distance between the hare and him "trus' me mate, yer goin' t' have t' hit me pretty hard if ye want t' really hur' me."

Zolomon snorts, he looks for an opening and then goes to sweep the otter off his footpaws or least that's his goal at the same time looking to again knock him down to the sand. He is quick in his movements, but who is quicker?

Rudolfo chuckles a little as he watches "This is interesting so far "

He watches some more till a hare, looks like a higher rank taps him on the shoulder so he sighs and stands up, looks at the sparing beasts and then heads inside.

Sinway smirks a little his stance has one leg closer to Zolomon then the other so he easily avoids the sweep by lifting one leg, in the same motion he takes a step forwards putting his foot down and attempting to hook it around the leg Zolomon didn't use to try and knock him down also adding a little shove with his should this time trying his own hand at knocking Zolomon onto the ground

Zolomon is a little surprised at this move, he was not expecting it and having one leg trying to sweep at the time doesn't help. He manages to stay upright till the shoulder into his own shoulder and feels himself fall backwards onto the sand. He goes to push the otter aside with his foot paw.

Sinway is already backing up after knocking Zolomon down the foot paw catches him but it isn't enough to knock him down he chooses not to say anything yet just waiting for Zolomon to stand back up. He smiles and places his paws behind his back and starts to walk around Zolomon a good few feet away from the hare

Zolomon slowly stands and watches the otter "Ya bally well got lucky, that's all!" He suddenly goes to leap at the otter to again try and knock him down, hopefully catch him off guard.

Sinway wasn't caught off guard, after all, all Zolomon has been doing right now is charging him and trying to knock him down, so this time he waits till the hare is to close to stop and pivots out of the way raising his leg up just enough to catch the hares foot paw as it is about to step down

Zolomon blinks and is surprised "How?..."Ok he is confused and just snorts as he starts to get a little moody now yet somehow keeps his balance just barely.

Sinway doesn't say anything just lightly hops back to get distance, the uneven sand not effecting his balance at all. His actions are having the desired effect though, flustering his opponent which normally makes there attacks more reckless and easier to read. he is a little annoyed he didn't knock Zolomon down again

Zolomon takes a few deep breaths and starts to circle the otter, tries to find an opening and then leaps forwards and goes for a sweep of the footpaws , and an elbow to the otter's shoulder line, though he isn't perfect with this move, I mean he hasn't really boxed or done much paw to paw and it does show.

Sinway makes sure to not allow Zolomon to get behind him as he circles him, his observant eyes looking for the moment the hare is about to strike, the attack is sloppy and again easy to read, he pivoted out of the way again this time doing a quick spin and is now behind the hare close enough that there backs are almost touching, his tail raising up and wrapping around the hair torso while one of his paws goes to hook around the hares leg again almost locking Zolomon in place

Zolomon tries to shove the otter down and gasps in surprise when the tail is wrapped around him and his legs are hooked, or least one leg is as he goes to break free and then loses his balance going to fall face forwards into the sand and spits out bits of sand before rolling to the side, jumps upright and trying to elbow the otter in the side

Sinway unwraps his tail from Zolomon the second he feels him fall as not to be dragged down with him, already he is moving to preposition him self but the elbow does manage to slightly connect not a solid hit but enough that the otter feels it but like he said, it is going to take a good hit for Zolomon to really hurt him. He decides to turn it up a notch as he leaps forward coming in low as if he is about to attack Zolomon before again neatly pivoting around the hare trying to stay within the hare's blind spots, he doesn't attack Zolomon but he is doing it to try and throw the hare off

Zolomon grins and looks ready to sidestep and then blinks as, ok how is he moving so fast. He shakes his head and is starting to tire out now as he looks for Sinway, then sends an elbow backwards to attempt to knock him down as he has yet to do that.

Sinway notices the hare is getting tired his moves becoming more sluggish and Sinway uses this to his advantage letting the elbow hit him but he was ready for it and braces so he doesn't get knock down instead he reaches and hooks one arm around the hare's paw pulling back while his other paw presses on the hare's elbow with just enough force that Zolomon can feel it forcing him to lean forward, Sinway takes advantage of that and trips him again letting go of his elbow but keeping a hold of his wrist twisting Zolomon's arm slightly putting one foot on the hare's shoulder blade

Zolomon is totally surprised and rolls onto the sands with a groan, he blinks a few times and looks up at the otter as he stays down for now catching his breath as he did attempt to move away and failed, struggled a little which made it worse...for him. "Whoa....how..in the seasons.."

Sinway explains "The two points I applied pressure to are very sensitive points, when I grabbed yer arm and pushed on yer elbow I had almost complete control of what i wanted t' do t' ye, from that hold I could of broken yer arm and if I hit it hard enough force a bone out of yer body thus yer natural instinct is t' try and lean wit' it, which gives me the chance t' trip ye." He puts a little more pressure onto Zolomon shoulder blade "same goes fer this, I could make it so ye could never use this arm again bu' I don' have t' mate, no matter how ye would wiggle or struggle al ye are goin' t' do is make the pain worse." He steps off Zolomon and lets go of his arm reaching down to help him up

Zolomon allows the help up and rubs his shoulder, moving it some and tenses up a little, he looks at the otter and a smile forms, even a chuckle. He hasn't chuckled for a LONG time."Well...no beast needs ta worry about Brother S..cause he will be just fine on any old trip wot"

Sinway grins and nods "Also yer strategy was very basic mate, ye did nothin' but try and knock me down, fer yer everyday vermin tha' might work, bu' go up against a trained killer ye won' be so lucky." His tone is cheerful happy even "In a fight, especially a one on one ye need to be tryin' t' throw yer opponent off, tryin' the same ol' trick could get ye killed." He faces Zolomon in his fighting stance one foot paw in front of the other in a split second he kneels down lower and in the same motion lunges forward aiming four jabs at the hare moving up the body as he does, none of them connect but they are fact and accurate he ends the mock attack with a round house kick stopping just short of the hare's head

Zolomon studies what the otter does and blinks "Where did ya..learn this, I seriously need ta brush up on paw to paw and a little of this maybe"

Sinway puts his footpaw down smiling at him "Me first introduction t' this was when a mercenary squirrel gave me a book, I was a novice when I met him, we became good friends and he was worried because I wasn' allowed t' use a weapon, so he gave me a book that detailed a lot of paw t' paw trickes, the two tricks i used on ye came from this book along with a few others." He turns and looks out at the sea "But mos' of it I learned on the green isle." He stretches "Me clan be called the Stream Pikes, the clan not been around tha' long they came t' the Green Isle and promised t' protect the river and streams incase any vermin found there way onto the island and where traveling by stream."

Zolomon nods as he listened "Well it's good to know you can protect ya self Sinway...I rather not have news any other friends...."He frowns but clears his thoat and speaks"As I said, I need to maybe learn this, I have learned to use a saber and fairly good at it, I..always used the longbow most of me life"He looks at the longbow "It was my grandfather's, he..he was in the long patrol for a little while, may of gotten fairly high up had he been able to stay, but...well....he was kicked out"

Sinway nods "Aye, had t' we never carried weapons, or if we did twas a dagger, we spent a lot of time paroling in the stream it self and we had to be light in order t' get around quickly. why the clan name was the Streampikes, because we be just as deadly as any pike" He then listens about Zolomon's grandpa "Ye have t' do somethin' pretty bad t' get kicked out of the patrol mate." He walks over and grabs his fiddle throwing the cord over his shoulder and letting it hang back on his back, grabbing one of the bottles and tossing it to Zolomon "Here, tis rum, 'nother drink favored by saliors, bu' not as strong as grog, lets have a drink and ye can tell me about yer grandpa."

Zolomon smiles a little and gets a drink as he sits down " Jake Scioto Lafur Foreston Lakewood Johnson..the 3nd...he was a great archer too, even was sort of gatekeeper/ some called him head guard of Redwall....but he was a patrol hare before that."He sighs "He..it was a mission, haf ta find info on it maybe but someone he loved and cared for was killed and he blamed the General..yeah General, one named Lot...fer wot happen and slammed the guy into the stone wall..broke the guys shoulder blade and he couldn't do anything for like a season, may of broke an arm too and Lord Bludstripe asked him to leave...so he did."

Sinway nods taking the other bottle and sitting down next to Zolomon uncorking it and taking a swig "Well, losin' someone ye care abou' can do tha' t' ye, im sure the long patrol was less wit' out yer grandpa, but it sounds like the abbey gain a great protector."

Zolomon nods as he drinks some of the rum, he hmms "This is...interesting taste ta it."He sighs "He died sadly..got injured but didn't tell anyone till it was too late and it was badly infected...my mother was in the patrol, but she had...left before I was born"

Sinway takes another swig leaning back "Well he sounds like he was a brave beast either way." He looks over to Zolomon "We should spar more often Zolomon, I'll be here fer a while." He takes another swig of his rum looking out at sea "I be much better, I have accept Kenya is gone and I be able t' return t' the abbey." He pauses for a few moments "Bu' I think I'll stay till yer better, I would worry t' much if I didn"

Zolomon takes a couple gulps of his own rum and frowns, thinking of someone else. Another sip and coughs a little sitting the bottle down slowly and hugs his knees to his chest as he lays his forehead on his knees, "Spar...yeah...sparing is...."He doesn't get any other words out and he seems to just decide to stay sitting here and not rush off, just sit here and not care for his friend seems him start crying. maybe he needs a good cry right now.

Sinway doesn't say anything for a few moments just watching the rolling of the waves then he finally speaks saying one short thing "Let it out Z."

Zolomon has likely cried a couple times, or maybe he hasn't as it's not a thing a long patrol hare is to do..this crying, he likely did at least once but managed to stop shortly after it started, this time he just lets in flow...let's it happen, after about 20 minutes he coughs a little and rubs his eyes"Sorry...just..I miss Tarsa. I miss her a lot and don't plan to ever forget her...even if I maybe find someone else one day or maybe I will just be a loner all me life. I..have not ment to be..well..far from me self, I know."

Sinway just sits there while Zolomon cries not judging not saying anything just sipping on his rum, once Zolomon is finish he shakes his head "There be nothin' to apologize fer mate, and there be nothin' t' be ashamed of, showin' yer emotions ain't weakness after all." He picks up Zolomon's bottle of rum and hand it to him "Of course ye miss her, tha' be natural, and of course ye will never forget her, and I know tis not been easy fer ye." He turns to Zolomon "Bu' do ye think Tarsa would be happy wit' ye.....happy wit' wha' happen in the tavern?" He isn't lecturing him not at all, he is having a heart to heart with Zolomon

Zolomon takes the rum bottle, a small sip "No...she wouldn't..she would of made me do laps and sit ups and stuff"He smiles faintly"A lot..and I don't plan to get drunk again no worries..as fer the two stoats, I am not too concern could just them talking."

Sinway catches the smile and nods "Ye right she would, she tell ye to shape up, I didn' know her long bu' I know tha' much of her." As for the stoats "Still, do me a favor and make sure ye have at least another hare wit' ye, maybe even two and maybe inform the Badger Lord........I don' know mate, I  jus' go' a bad feelin' mate."

Zolomon says, "Ciocan doesn't need to worry about me and I can take another hare with me or just stay out the beach maybe"He shrugs "Sides..I don't think Ciocan likes Halyard that much""

Sinway sighs and shakes his head "Ok bu' if somethin' happens next time we spar, I'm not goin' t' hold back as punishment fer makin' me worry about ye." He finishes his rum and stands up "An' we will be sparrin' again, I can' help ye with sword play un the fact tha' I won' hold a weapon again unless the abbey is bein' threaten, bu' I can help ye learn t' fight with out one."

Zolomon drinks more of his own rum and slowly stands "I will be careful ok. But I can make sure someone else is with me..."He smiles a little " Sides...if the two stoats did try and be a problem again as I said I wont be drunk and I could take one and the other hare could take one"He chuckles "His Lordship could easily take them out if needed. But vermin do try and act tough sometimes and a lot in Halyard might not be expect fights...right?"

Sinway sighs a little and shakes his head "Jus' be careful, if they brought friends......that could complicate things." He turns to face the mountain his stomach growling "Wha' say we head back, I bet tis almost time fer dinner."

Zolomon seems a little worried "Friends...he did mention friends..."He nods and smirks, "Yeah..just who gets thar first!" He suddenly just starts running, not that it's too far to the entry, he may not to himself, he is still far from himself, but today was a good start towards getting back to his self again.

Sinway chuckles a little and takes off after Zolomon, he can't pass him but he is on the hares trail a few arms length away "N' fare, ye long ears always be better at runnin' now if this be a swimmin' race t' the mountain i already of beat ye and come back t' mock ye."

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer