Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-08 12:45:06 PM

Rudolfo And Alts

Finding A Missing Hare-LP Log

Who:

Rudolfo- LP Fighter/Private

Dominik- LP Fighter/ Private

Zolomon- LP Runner/ Private First Class

Varus- LP Fighter/ Major

Marriana- LP Fighter/ Private

Ciocan- Badger Lord

Crevan- Fox Dibbun

Ciocan walks into the infirm, one so they can check on his arm where the cross bolt went across it and two he is checking on Dominik as well.

Rudolfo walks into the room as well and looks around as he sits down and sighs, a healer looks at him as he frowns "My neck is fine...ok...shoo" Hey it could of been worse after all.

Ciocan lets the healer check on the wound or rather..graze..what ever it is, it not deep and it's healing as the needed herbs are applied and a new bandage, he can still fight off some vermin if he needed to, he looks over at Dom whom is likely on a cot in here somewhere close by and looks at Rudolfo" Find someone to go with you to find Hanzi, if you can't find anyone....perhaps I will go"

Dominik had made it as far as the entrance to the mountain without anyone's assistance...however, his body had given out far ahead of his will, and he had finally collapsed due to blood loss. It had been a struggle to get him up to the infirmary, having taken multiple hares to accomplish the task, but finally they were able to get him there and get him looked at. The stab wound was relatively deep, and the healer had stitched him up and bandaged him as best they could, and now the large hare lies on one of the larger cots near the back of the room, condition unknown due to his unconscious state.

Rudolfo nods slowly as he frowns in thought, "You don't...think the....the vermin have Hanzi do you? I mean they are getting a bit too...brave"He looks up at the badger "The marten could of...if I wasn't there when I..WAS."

Ciocan lays a paw on Rud's shoulder , "But he failed and you were where you needed to be at the time it was needed."

The next time one were to look over where Dominik is, they would see that his eyes are finally open. He stares quietly at the other two in the room, however, the hare still quite groggy and out of sorts, his eyes a little dimmer than they usually tended to be.

Rudolfo nods, and then goes to hug the badger if he can, yesterday was a bit stressful, he doesn't notice Dominik awake yet,"He still...hurt you...."But he knows it could of been far far worse. He then does happen to look over at Dom now.."Someone..is awake"

Ciocan nods returning the hug and glaces over at Domink and gives a nod before going to check on him.

Dominik continues to stare at both Rudolfo and Ciocan, the hare's head moving to follow Ciocan as the large badger approaches. He peers up at him quietly, obviously confused as to both where he is and why he is here in this weird room. "Help up," he mutters, in an exhausted and groggy voice. "Go home. Have...to train." He seems to make a movement to try and get himself off the cot, but he is weak and he doesn't go much of anywhere. "Cannot stay."

Rudolfo frowns as he walks over "Umm..Dom..you are home at the mountain in the infirm"

Ciocan stays by the bed "You are home and you need to rest. I can't have anyone going out anywhere injured" He frowns "Still need to check with Varus on whom is going on the mission to fight the Blackrose beast and find a couple to look for Hanzi...hopefully Hanzi is not at that base"

Dominik peers up at Rudolfo as he walks over to him as well. "Is where? Vhy is here? Not understand." He blinks at Ciocan, "Vat...is talking about? Is not...injured. Is fine. Cannot stay...here." The hare again does his best to try and slide off his cot, and he manages to get a leg off before he winces in pain. Definitely didn't expect THAT. "Vat happen? Vhy cannot I get up?" Ciocan's words cause him to frown, "If is mission, Dom is going..." He definitely looks like he is in a condition to be out there...or not.

Rudolfo says, "That marten stabbed you...and then you and Ciocan kind of...made the marten like...very dead""

Ciocan may have a bandage on one arm but he can still gently make sure Dom dosn't try and get up"Rest...and I am not sure when the mission is yet or whom would be going"

Dominik does not seem to enjoy the term 'rest', as the large hare frowns when it is mentioned. "Cannot rest. Should not be here. Have to be...out there. Doing job. Not rest." Rudolfo is stared at again as he speaks, "Vat marten? Is not stab, is..." He happens to notice the bandage wrapped around his middle, and he touches it with a paw. He seems to be trying to understand what exactly happened, and why he generally feels like garbage. He sinks back down to the cot, his body giving out again, and he is not happy in the least.

"Well, I can say with certainty that you aren't going on the mission, Private." Varus can be awfully silent on his feet at times, appearing like a ghost. The old hare grimaces. His unit is dwindling by the day recently, and it's putting him into a foul mood. "You will rest."

Rudolfo frowns"You...don't remember...that Taz...he was gonna kill his Lordship with a cross bolt and I tackled the marten, who grabbed my throat and then you attacked the marten and he let go of me...Greg was there too think he..may of hit the marten with something"

Ciocan snorts, the bandage on his arm shows where it grazed across his arm, he looks to Dominik"Rest...your stay others can go..I will go if needed"

Dominik's attention turns to Varus as the older hare speaks up, and his words cause the large hare to deeply frown. He definitely did not like being told that he could not do something, especially when that something involved doing his job...though he realizes that it likely would not be a good idea to speak up against his commanding officer and the head of the whole shebang. Sighing, Dom lies there looking miserable, though Rudolfo's retelling of the events does bring him a bit of satisfaction. "Attack marten. Dom smash, kill, you say?"

Varus steps forward to glance over Dominik's injuries. "Yah'll be outta action for at least a week. This leaves me extremely short-staffed." He shakes his head. "At least you aren't bloody well dead, wot. Yer reckless, Private. We're gonna have a long discussion about recklessness..."

Rudolfo nods "Taz is very much dead.."He stands straighter "I am willing to go on the mission sur...also it seems..Hanzi is missing sur no one knows where he is"

Ciocan paces in thought "I need to know whom is going on the mission Varus, the one to get rid of the Blackrose base since we know where it is now. I am hoping the eagle is there to help as well, and yes..Hanzi is missing...so is that feline Kalospo"

Ciocan says, "Perhaps...let Private Zolomon go, might need a good archer unless he is still off duty"

Dominik sighs and sinks down lower on the cot at the news of how long he'll have to be out of commission. He opens his muzzle to protest, then merely sighs as Varus scolds him for being reckless. He cannot really argue with that, as much as he'd like to...if it wasn't true, he likely wouldn't be in the position he is in. "...is not...reckless," he mutters softly. Hey, no one said he still couldn't try to argue anyway!

Varus crosses his arms. "You *are* reckless, Private. This is the third time in two months that yah've ended up in th' Infirmary... The THIRD! Mah patrol is short on membahs as it is. I've 'ad ta bring in more inexperienced recruits than I'd like ta make up for it... Greenhorns, th' lot of 'em... I didn't agree to come outta retirement just ta babysit a bunch of leverets..."

Rudolfo frowns and sits down quietly, he is still very much willing to go on the mission, and likely will help.

Ciocan says, "I am not sure on having recruits on the mission to go to that base...we will need some skilled beasts....""

Dominik nods his head weakly. "Is all more reason to let Dom help," he responds to Varus's complaint. "Not having to fight, but can help train. Very many new ones to keep eye on. Not all have disciplines." In all honesty, he had completely forgotten and brushed off the sword to the leg he had gotten not too much earlier before this latest incident, although Varus is correct in that aspect. "Is sorry. Ven going into battle, Dom see nothink else but enemy. Vil not stop until enemy is defeated. Injury does not stop, vil only stop ven dead. Is how alvays have been, sir."

Ciocan sighs, he hmmms as a hare comes to whisper something to him and he frowns "Who ?" He sighs and excuses himself knowing Varus can handle whats going on.

Varus throws his paws up in the air. "And what am I supposed to do if you *do* wind up dead, hmm? Aside from yer recklessness, yer one o' th' finest fightahs I've evah seen..." He pauses there, and let's the silence deepen for Dom to think over his words. "'Owevah... I don't deny th' recruits I've 'ad ta quickly press inta service need trainin'. Since Tarsa is... Gone, now, an' Maxim is only mah Sahgeant for th' time bein', yah'll be in chahge of trainin' them..."

Rudolfo frowns "Sur...who should look for Hanzi or is it unwise to look for him right now?"

Dominik sighs, and nods his head. "Is stubborn, vil admit. But vil promise to try and be more careful, in future. Have to control temper, learn to hold in anger, make better plan for engaging enemy, besides 'run and crush' strategies." As Varus apparently agrees to let Dom help with the training of the recruits, a weak smile creases his muzzle, and the large hare nods. "Is good, sir. Vil not disappoint. Vil not let recruits off easy. Dom knows vat must be done to get in fighting shape, vil share vith recruits. Vil not go easy, is promise."

Varus sighs, and turns to Rudolfo. "I've got a few hares searchin' th' beach, but I fear Hanzi's disappearance is very obviously a trap..." He shakes his head, then replies to Dom, "Good, good. I'll let you coordinate with Corporal Felicity, then... I 'ops you undahstand just 'ow unusual this is. Normally th' staff sahgeant would be in chahge of trainin' recruits..."

Rudolfo nods,"I will say..I agree with his Lordship when he mentioned he dosn't trust that feline who has ....yes helped us but tis just...odd. She seems to of told the truth on the base location"

== After maybe 3-4 hours have passed==

Ciocan had been in the infirm when a hare mentioned someone was outside and he wasn't sure why . It was a vermin but a like dibbun, so the badger decided to come check on what was going on.

Crevan was standing outside trying to figure out how to get the guards attention when suddenly he sees the Badger Lord with a wave he runs up to greet him "Hello........I guess you know that cat got away, I saw her again this morning talking to Hanzi again...."

Ciocan listens, beside him is a couple hare guards"You saw..Hanzi? Where....and yes the feline escaped...hmmms seems he may be her captive after all"

Crevan frowns but nods "yes I saw Hanzi.I over heard them talking while I was taking a break at the tavern.I been helping out so papa didn't have to go in because his leg was bothering him again.....she took him to the fighting pit and had him fight."

Ciocan raises an eyebrow "Fighting pit?" Yeah he has only been in Halyard briefly and that was to the tavern and back, the two hares shrug, the badger looks back at Crevan" Made him fight for what reason? Did she harm him? I do not trust this feline and wonder if she hasn't tricked us somehow"

Crevan shrugs his shoulders "I don't know, but the fighting pit not a good place, Hanzi had to kill the ferret or the ferret would of killed him.......like I said yesterday she promises to train Hanzi. I tried telling Hanzi you guys be worried, but he just said that if you were worried why did no one go looking for him."

Ciocan closes his eyes and reopens them as he snorts"This is..troubling and I need answers on wot is going on, maybe she has tricked him..I do not know,I know he use to be a slave of the Blackrose when they were in Mossflower and we  did have beasts looking for him, still do."

Crevan nods "It doesn't seem like she wants to hurt Hanzi, but she also told Hanzi to make sure no one knows he talked to her.I don't like her she seems all friendly but then she tries to knock you out with sleeping herbs and either puts Hanzi in or talks him into going to the fighting pit in halyard."

Ciocan frowns, he paces a little as he thinks"I am unsure what to think,I don't need anyone else hurt or killed."

Crevan nods and watches "I don't know either......and I would of come sooner to tell you, but I had to go check on papa had to help him, and then some vermin came into port and I didn't like the look of them so I had to wait till they where all in the tavern." He looks back towards halyard "I tried to make sure Hanzi knew that you were mad at the cat because you where worried about him and you thought she might of upset or try to hurt him....not sure if he believed me though."

Ciocan nods as he listens"You and your father may need to stay home if anything major happens..I am unsure what the Blackrose plans and I plan to have someone find Hanzi, even if its me"

Crevan nods "I hope you do......I think it would be bad if he goes with her."

Ciocan says, "Yes..bad, for her if he is with her""

Marriana hums softly, of course having a ditty to do so at all hours of any given day, when she peeks inside this particular room of the mountain of Salamandastron. Being a new fighter among the Long Patrol hares, she's getting used to the new environment and seeing all the rooms. Her eyes lock on the badger and she gasps, standing immediately at attention. "Marriana, sah! Pleasure to meet m'lord, sah!"

Crevan jumps a little startled at the sudden voice coming from the hare he turns around and looks at the hare before turning back to the badger lord "There.....there something else.I wasn't sure if I should tell you, I don't want Hanzi to be in-trouble.......but he let it slip to me that he might of had some hand in her escaping the mountain......but don't be to mad sir..I think she is just trying to confuse him.....there was once a ferret who tried to do that to me, saw how good I was at getting in and out and around Halyard, wanted me to help get stuff for him." He frowns waiting to see how the Badger Lord would react to this new piece of news

Ciocan nods to the hare maid and takes a deep breath, holds back a growl and exhales. It takes a while to speak and he finally does he sounds..grumpy "I..need someone to find Hanzi...soon and need a chat with this...feline" He is not happy, not happy at all, but he does manage to not scream..somehow."This has been a bad...last couple days.." A bandage on his arms proves it.

Marriana holds her stand at attention, her smart salute still planted on her brow, refusing to move without being told to do so.

Crevan frowns yup that made the Badger Lord angry "Sorry to bring bad news.....but I thought you should know."

Ciocan looks at the hare maid.."At..at ease..."He calms some and snorts.."Ok..need to send someone to Halyard and find Hanzi..see what is..going on."

Marriana nods and drops her salute and then lets out a deep breath, having held it the entire time to make sure she kept her cool around the Badger Lord.

Crevan looks over to the hare maid and gives a little wave before turning back to the Badger Lord see what he says next

Ciocan says, "It seems Hanzi may be a captive , I am uncertain but it seems that way and if so he needs rescued and I need to know if that feline is planing something as her mother is leader of that...that vermin group causing all the trouble lately"

Marriana pauses a moment to hear what the badger has to say before lightly tweaking the collar of her shirt. Maybe she stumbled on a rather private conversation? She's not familiar with the name of Hanzi.

Varus steps out into the sunlight, and pauses. "Oh, Sah... I wasn't aware you were out here, wot." Marriana only gets a cursory glance from the elder hare.

Ciocan still looks..rather ticked off as he speaks, "Yes...and good chance we know where Hanzi is and he has likely gotten himself into some trouble and that feline was seen with him. "

Marriana looks to the incoming elderly buck and stands at-attention with a sharp salute yet again, pronounced with a, "Sah!"

Crevan gives a wave to Varus the older hare catches his attention causing him to momentarily forget he was talking to the Badger Lord and walk over to the hare "Hello!" He greets cheerfully

Varus looks down at the fox kit, and harrumps. "Err... Hello." Spotting Marriana for the first time, he peers at her for a few moments. "I don't think I know you... Are you new?"

Marriana keeps her salute going. "Yes, sah! Marriana, private and fighter, sah!"

Ciocan says, "She may be able to help on the mission"

Crevan raises his paw "I can help to....I'm really good at getting around Halyard with out being seen."

Varus huffs. "At ease... Before ya sprain somethin'." An eager one, this. "Private already? T'was a fast promotion, I see. Do ya think yer ready ta be a Private, lass?"

Ciocan looks over at the hares as he speaks "Varus..figure out whom is going on the mission...I need to track down Hanzi"

Marriana eases off her salute and says, "Of course, sah. Never been more ready, sah!" She is indeed an eager one, no mistake.

Crevan just stand by and watches as the hares and the Badger Lord talk, taking time to look around as he has never been this close to the mountain before

Varus grimaces, and nods. "Aye, we do need ta find Hanzi... Though I fear this may be a trap, Sah. I recommend we be as careful as possible, wot..." He looks at Marriana. "Per'aps you c'n 'elp... But yah'll need a superiah officah ta join ya..."

Marriana nods and says, "Directly, sah! Anyhare ye have in mind? An', forgive me, sah, but who is this Hanzi an' wot's all this about?"

Ciocan thinks deeply, it's possible."Careful would be wise...yes."

Crevan keeps looking around only half listening to the others now, his curious dibbun side getting the better of him

Varus faces Marri. "Hanzi is a foolish recruit that wandahed off this mornin', as far as I've gathahed, wot. He is technically absent with out leave, but we 'ave our reasons ta believe 'e went an' got 'imself bloody well captured by vermin..."

Marriana winces. "Well, that's bloody daft o' him, innit?" She shrugs. "Well...bucks, wot can ye do, eh wot?" She turns her head one way, then the other, a resounding crack happening on both sides. "Ah! Jus' say th' word!"

Ciocan looks at Crevan "Your coming with me..you need to get home to Hawkeye...then I can also look for Hanzi"

Crevan was wondering ever so closer to the entrance but jumps when ever Ciocan says his name "o......ok." Is all he says before walking back over to Ciocan "I told papa I was coming, so he knows where I am at."

Varus looks down at the fox. "How old are ya, Lad? Yer a bit young ta be out on the bloomin' beach by yahself, wot." He pinches the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb, seemingly trying to ignore a growing headache. "'E's stupidly reckless, yes, but then a lot o' recruits are at 'is age, wot... I've 'af ta deal wi' too many recruits mahself, lately, had ta rebuild mah patrol with untested, green recruits..."

Marriana nods and says, "I guess in some ways, I'm glad me father taught me discipline long before I ever made it t' the mountain."

Crevan looks up at the older hare "Five seasons old sir.......I had info on Hanzi i saw him this morning with the cat so I thought I better come tell you guys, I was expecting a guard to come sho me away and I tell him, didn't expect the Badger Lord to be the one that came out." He sits there and waits for the Badger Lord to come back out most likely he went to get a cloak or something, the comment Mariana made makes him turn to her "From what I understand, Hanzi parents where killed by the Blackrose when they was in Mossflower doing bad things, and had Hanzi as a slave......Crevan parents where killed a few seasons back by pirates.....but then Hawkeye adopted me so I'm not alone anymore."

Varus nods his head as Marri heads back inside. "Well... You still ought not be wanderin' th' beach at yer age, Lad... It c'n be dangerous, wot..."

Zolomon walks into view now, he has his uniform on and looks around. A salute to Varus and a quiet nod.

Ciocan steps back out, he will take Crevan home and then get back to the mountain soon afterwards.

Crevan gives a wave to Zolomon before he sets off with the Badger Lord on his way back to Halyard

Varus nods to Zolomon. "Report, Private."

Zolomon nods"Yes sur...helped look for that cat, no traces of her yet. Sur..if I may...I want to help on the mission to take down the Blackrose base, I have my speed and quickness and my longbow."His paw was bandaged but has healed now, maybe a trace scar though.

Varus narrows his eyes. "Are y' still emotionally compromised, Private? Wot 'ave the 'ealahs said?"

Zolomon speaks calmly"The main...beast I was after..that murderer is dead, I still want to see an end to the slaver group. I am ...more calm..less..."Well he was wanting to rush out now he isn't. "But..I leave it up ta you..sur"

Varus hmms. "I'll give it some thought... As y' well know, mah patrol is runnin' low on hares currently. I've 'ad ta fill mah ranks wi' recruits, just ta keep up."

Zolomon nods"Yes..I know..injuries. I will stay here and do some training and not go out anywhere further than the beach for runs...unless told I can, I wont get into a fight unless I have no other choice.."

Varus nods. In truth, he knows he'll need Zolomon whenever the Blackrose base is attacked. He's so low on able-bodied hares that he must use every beast that he can. "We'll see 'ow things shake out. As of now, I've no idea when we're goin' aftah those vermin..."

Zolomon nods "Alright, I will be ready for when we do. Anything else I should know?"

Varus nods his head. "Yes, there is. I don't know if yah've heard, yet, but I've asked Sahgeant Maxim from the reserve unit to fill th' void left by Tarsa for th' foreseeable future. 'E is yer superiah officah until furthah notice, until all this blows ovah an' I c'n select a perhmanent replacement. Undahstood, Private?"

Zolomon nods slowly, he is quiet as he closes his eyes, he opens them and a nod again "Understood..I will let him know I am back to training before bed then sir"

Varus nods. "Very good. He's a good sort, so I'm sure yah'll get on just fine... Hopefully things settle down again, soon, though. Heavens knows I'm havin' a hahd time rebuildin' mah patrol..."

Zolomon speaks "The patrol will be..great again sur, we will grow...good will win, we are the Long Patrol, we defend the shores from vermin and we don't let others see us as weak"

Varus nods. "Yes. Yer correct. We're the only beasts keepin' this area safe from vermin, an' we won't give up or give in..."

Zolomon says, "No..we can't sur."

Rudolfo walks back slowly, wait he didn't go alone he wasn't supposed to go off alone...oh wait he is carrying someone, one Private Molly but he is not rushing to get inside, just walking slowly.

Zolomon is talking to Varus till he sees Rudolfo and decides to go check on him and the hare he is carrying."Hey..wot happen?"

Varus frowns and hmms. "No word on Hanzi yet?"

Rudolfo frowns "There....is..."He frowns and a simple word to Zolomon, or..words.."He....was at..tavern...."He just tis a little shake"Molly..Molly's..d..d.dead"

Zolomon blinks and just.."What.....how, the cat..a black rose beast?"

Varus sighs, and shakes his head. "So, you found Hanzi... An' this Private." He grimaces. "This is gettin' outta paw..."

Rudolfo ears droop "Me and her went to the tavern..saw Hanzi and the..that calico cat. things happen so fast and..I..I don't know "He finds it hard to get the words out"Hanzi...went with the cat..s..sur...he..he was..he.."He takes a deep breath..shaky breath as if in shock, he still is and sort of shakie and just hands Molly to Zolomon "Hanzi....he..he..killed Molly"

Zolomon will take the hare maid and frowns, he half listens to Rud rambling on till.."Wot did ya just..say?!"

Rudolfo sits down, he has too or he is gonna just sort of fall over "He killed her...."He frowns as he sits there just he isn't sure how to think right now.

Varus frowns deeply. "This is a *grave* accusation yer makin', Private. This is th' most serious thing yah can accuse a fellow Patrollah of. So... I'm gonna ask ya this just once, an' I want ya ta be completely, 100% clear ta me, do yah undahstand?" His voice is deadly serious. "Are ya *absolutely sure* Hanzi murdahed Private Molly? I don't want yer opinion, I want cold, hahd *FACTS*."

Rudolfo nods, he is serious "I was..there. I saw it"He stands slowly and clears his throat"Molly was gonna get him to come to us , he said no...she went to get him by the arm and..."He shakes his head"He had his dirk out and just..suddenly screamed to let him go and stabbed her in the chest, the whole.."He frowns, not the best thing, "The whole tavern saw him do it or least who was there..the feline said it was time to leave and he just turned and left with her, when I told him he just killed Molly he just..he just walked faster, by the time I got Molly and was carrying her to the door I..I didn't see Hanzi or that calico cat anywhere...i was maybe in too much shock to react back..I..I am sorry sur"

Zolomon holds Molly and listens closely as he frowns, he looks to Varus "W..wot do we do sur? DO we tell his Lordship about this? Or..I mean do we..go after a fellow hare?" Or is he a fellow hare right now even. He decides to take Molly inside to the infirm or where ever they would take her, likely there for now.

Varus rubs his right paw over his face. That headache from earlier is threatening to come back in full force now. "Heavens above... In all mah seasons... Nevah have I 'ad ta deal with one Patrollah murderin' anothah. This is a Court Martial offense, I'm afraid." He sighs. "Hanzi is now a fugitive, an' 'is career is effectively ovah. I'll tell Lord Ciocan." He REALLY wishes he didn't have to, though.

Rudolfo nods "So..Hanzi is..an enemy now?"

Varus sighs. "Yes." The answer drops with finality. "'E was one of our more promisin' recruits... I don't know wot could 'ave bloody well 'appened..."

Rudolfo nods "I..I don't know either..sur. I know he had anger issues..always complained bout being yelled or grumbled at..why would he..side with them for?"

Varus shakes his head. "I cannot fathom th' reason. It is inconceivable..."

Rudolfo says, "I..i will be careful if see him sur..we still got the cat too and the cat in charge of the Blackrose"He frowns "We still don't know how many guard the base or how many possible..slaves they have just where it is now""

My Alts: 
Rudolfo-LP Hare Private and Fighter
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

Board footer