Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-07 12:21:02 PM

Karth Riverbark

But He...Died-LP LOG

Whom:

Hanzi-Me-LP Recruit

Kalypso- Evil kitty

Crevan- Dibbun fox Cub

Log:

==A Fighting Pit somewhere in Halyard==

Kalypso decided to stay in this part of the village, it's a big tougher..rougher than most and the drinks are better here. She looks at Hanzi,"Wanna learn to fight well and something your not gonna find in the Long Patrol training."She motions to a ferret in the fighting pit, one who has knocked out a couple rats so far as they call out "Oh come on..someone more my size huh?"

Hanzi frowns as he looks into the fighting pit and back to Kalypso "This is your idea of..training?" He frowns and looks back at the ferret.

Kalypso smirks, "Afraid?" She calls out to the ferret "How about a hare....want to fight a hare?" The ferret quickly looks interested and chuckles"A bunny..oh this should be fun,I need a good laugh...ok get down here...bunny"He grins at Hanzi.

Hanzi backs up and then narrows his eyes, it's a good thing he isn't in his uniform.."I am not a bunny, I am a hare ya..ya loudmouth"Ok he is a little moody this morning,then he did miss breakfast.

The ferret glares daggers"Come down here boy and say that to my face, I am not afraid of some woodlander..sides few woodlanders come in here and even fewer...leave in one piece"

Hanzi takes a deep breath as he makes a fist and then unmakes a fist and then goes to jump down directly in front of the ferret "Ok I have NOT had the best past couple days..so shut up and back off!!" His temper is rising ever so slowly, or maybe not so slowly.

Kalypso looks on curious and grins, the ferret is a little surprised the hare came down and chuckles as he spreads his arms out"Back off?" He chuckles "You are not my boss bunny, maybe you should go home or...join that Long Patrol heard the stripedog is a little low on hares"

Hanzi blinks and snorts"Already joined de patrol, it's not all that great loud mouth"And he isn't afraid to draw the first punch either as he aims for the right side of the jaw, jumps back and aims again! He is fairly quick on the footpaws.

The ferret is surprised, but the 2nd punch he dodges and growls low as he goes to trip the hare"Ya get lucky first time....Long Patrol..hee hee..maybe de stripedog can get a gift...ya dead body at his doorstep."He draws out a couple long thin daggers.

Kalypso frowns, ok this was not in the plan, but for now she just watches the fight, I mean if he dies...it won't be her fault.

Hanzi eyes widen but he sidesteps one dagger and the other does cut him on the arm. He tenses up in pain and manages to somehow keep his balance, he mutters something in anger and goes to kick at the ferret's kneecap!

Kalypso watches with interest and grins"Show him the spunk!" The ferret smirks when he sees blood and then the kick and he grunts in pain and falls sideways as the kneecap is basically shattered. He looks up at the hare and goes to use his good leg to knock him off balance.

Hanzi steps back and glares,"Not so great when ya can't stand..are ya?"He goes to kick him in the face, and then steps away again to get outta the way.

Kalypso watches, along with a crowd as a fox calls out "Finish him off hare...yeah!!" "5 gold says the hare does it"..The cat listens as they bet and just chuckles.

Hanzi circles the ferret, he has his dirk that he gets out now and looks down at the ferret..

The ferret backs away "Hey..look ya won....no need ta always follow de rules 'ere...not everyone ends a fight in death" Kalypso watches Hanzi very very carefully now to see what he does.

Hanzi just glares, turns to walk away and then spins around to strike, dirk heading to the ferrets chest! Whoa he has not killed in his life...is that going to change?

Kalypso looks down and watches, heck even the crowd is quiet now. The ferret relaxes when the hare turns away, then panic sets in and it's the last thing the ferret thinks before the dirk enters his chest and heart, he dies almost instantly, and the crowd starts talking among themselves.

Hanzi pants and looks at his dirk..blood, he sort of walks out of the pit, with some help, in a bit of a daze. He just killed a beast, he is quiet and finally cleans off the dirk and puts it away and says in a quiet voice "I...missed breakfast we..should get some, let's go"And he just sort of walks out, it's unclear of his emotions right now.

Kalypso blinks and smirks "A meal sounds good...I am paying for it of course" The two beasts get a clear path back to the doorway

==Short while  later in the Halyard Tavern==

Hanzi arrives in the tavern and sits down, a passing rat speaks to him and he orders an ale, some breakfast and maybe some rolls if there is any.

Kalypso follows the hare and sits down, he gets an ale and some breakfast as well, "That was..interesting Hanzi, didn't think you had it in you."

Hanzi drinks half of his ale and when breakfast comes he just eats, and makes sure buttered rolls keep coming, after all he is a hare and also gets some mid morning soup. He finally shrugs after like a half hour.."I..I suppose I do...he called me a bunny and...basically seemed to think the long patrol was losers"

Kalypso slowly eats her breakfast as she listens "So...you killed him, my guess is first time you ever killed anyone?"

Hanzi nods slowly, he has been oddly quiet since he left the fighting pit. He speaks again.."It...it..I don't know...just..odd feeling and yet I could be expected to do that a lot to..well defend beasts and stuff"

Kalypso nods "To take a life has a different effect on all who do, the first time can make some go a bit...insane, and they may vow to never again, others just do what is needed."

Hanzi thinks on her words "It..seemed..I didn't feel anything at the time, now its just..confusion"He looks at her"I have punched beasts, knocked a couple out but never..k..killed anyone."Would he again...he isn't sure yet.

Kalypso nods and smirks "It gets easier....and being in that long patrol your likely to do it again one day"

Hanzi blinks "Easier?" He frowns and gets a 2nd ale and starts to drink it.

Kalypso nods as she smirks "Yes....maybe you can try the fighting pit again or I can..find some beasts I know, maybe improve that paw to paw action of yours"

Crevan was helping out at the tavern today, picking up dirty dishes and helping wash them, cleaning off tables and the bar, but now he is either done or on break, either way he now stands where at the table Hanzi and Kalypso are at he doesn't say anything yet just stands there and stares, most likely wondering how Kalypso got free of the mountain so soon

Hanzi shrugs "I...can punch and..sort of move quick..why?"Its his anger issues that , well...happen today. He sees the fox and glaces over at him.

Kalypso does see the fox cub but says nothing, she does looks around ever so often as she talks with Hanzi"See..you have skills..use them, gain new ones"

Crevan frowns and looks at Hanzi "The Badger Lord isn't going to be happy about this." He comments as he walks away coming back with a bowl a food which he sits on a table not to far from then and climbs up and starts to eat

Hanzi tries to listen to, well both and sighs as he looks at the cat"What new skills...anything new is hard...and at the fighting pit it was just..anger I think, been told should not let my temper...get me in trouble."

Kalypso smirks "Seems anger helped you fight better, that ferret could of easily killed you instead trust me"

Crevan just continues to eat his soup and drink from the mug of juice that was sat down in front of him all the while listening to the two's conversation

Hanzi frowns "I also..killed a beast..I've never...."

Kalypso shrugs "And...your thoughts on that, got to be thinking...something"

Hanzi does think "It...ummm..it just sort of happen really quick and the one fox said...rules and so..I don't know I just stabbed him and..and he died and...."

Kalypso asks, "Would you do it again?" Its a serious question and she wants an answer as she glaces around and back to him for his reply.

Hanzi is quiet and replies "I..I might"

Kalypso leans back as she listens and nods"I need to check on a couple things...do stay put and.."She smirks "Out of trouble ,oh ...and remember, you didn't see me today"

Hanzi nods as he watches her leave and sighs as he finishes his 2nd ale, well...he sits here just stares at the empty mug.

Crevan finishes his food and watches the cat go "The Badger Lord took her to the mountain, said he keep her locked up and guarded......but now she is free." He hops over to the table Hanzi is at "He wouldn't like that you were with her Hanzi, he seems very mad at her last night."

Hanzi looks at the fox and replies "She...didn't break out on her own...she had help"He doesn't mention who helped her, "And..so I am with her..wot of it?"

Crevan frowns "The Badger Lord seems very worried is all, when I told him I saw you with her yesterday.......one of the reasons he was upset with her is because he thought she upset you.........said he was going to talk with you this morning, though he most likely couldn't because she hit him with sleeping herbs.....he probably still sleeping because of it."

Hanzi frowns, yeah he seen sleeping herbs in effect on a couple guards, "She..did..but he made it back cause..she was in the cell before ....ummm someone opened the cell, and the couple guards went to sleep, she walked out...with me"

Crevan frowns again "They are going to worry about you again Hanzi.......I'm sure they care about you." He jumps down from the table "I got to go check on papa, his leg is bothering him again today......"He goes to walk towards the entrance but stops "Be careful Hanzi." He says before running out of the tavern

Hanzi blinks and sighs "Maybe they care...if they did why haven't I seen them yet?" He frowns but stays where he is, heck if he does see a long patrol hare he may oddly..avoid them on purpose and just remain...missing.

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2019-02-07 12:21:41 PM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer