Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-29 04:04:01 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Good news in the midst of yuck (Missing Abbot TP and RWA log)

SCENE: Redwall Abbey Open Ground

CHARACTERS: Xander, a male badger.  DoraRose and LilyMoore, female mice; spoofed birds; Malchezidek, a beetle.  Oz, a male badger.

LOG:

DoraRose has returned from hunting down Quade to alert the Abbey to the fact that the squirrel just tried to burn up some of the other Defenders members.  Crossing the open ground, the mouse stops, then walks over to the badger.  "Xander?"

Xander looks up as Dorarose enters the open ground, "Hello Dorarose" He says quietly. He sounds a little tired as he sits there.

DoraRose walks over and stands before him.  "What happened?  I didn't hear much; I was too busy getting ready to hunt down Quade for kidnapping my daughter and Benar and doing all the other bad things that he's done."  Sitting on the ground, she looks up at him and smiles softly.  "Do you need to talk?"

Xander frowns "Just didn't sleep much and...saw a bunch of beasts"

DoraRose nods.  "Everybeast is really happy that you're back, safe and sound.  Including me."  Smiling a little wider, she gestures at his injuries. "That looks like it must've hurt."

Xander looks down "A...dagger was in it, but then Brother Leon helped me get it out, but then I left...and there was this...Rupert called it a wolverine, it chased me and there was a fight...sort of....and the thin ice, we both fell in and then...forgot his name, pulled me out and helped me back to the abbey. But didn't sleep much...the dream, vision whatever and...some parts were confusing and some scary...some sad, but some happy also."

Oz slowly walks towards the beasts talking and slows as he listens to Xander, he doesn't know what all the younger badger went though, he just remembers worrying whether he wake from what seemed like some fevered dream, He sighs remembering his own short time visitor last night.

DoraRose raises her eyebrows.  "You fought a wolverine and survived?!"  She is very obviously impressed.  "Hey, Oz."  Turning back to the younger badger, she listens.  "I'm sorry; bad dreams are never nice."

Xander says, "Well...guess 'cause it fell through the ice, and tried to make me go down with it" He looks over at Oz, smiling a little as he is glad he is ok, and back to the mousemaid "Not...totally bad, just...trying to find out who I am and almost forgetting lessons Uncle Zee taught me..." He smiles a little more "I meet my...well guess not by blood...by ancestor...like the ones who wielded the family blade,  One was really really old and I don't mean Uncle Zee"

Oz nods a hello, he listens as Xander speaks and chuckles at the end "Uncle Soot...it was him" He sits down, well he don't have his staff to lean on "I was worried about you Xander...but someone assured me you was going to be ok..."  He frowns "Wish he could of stayed a little longer...but its ok" He smiled "Got to speak to him for a couple moments"

DoraRose is now just listening, looking between the 2 badgers with a half smile on her face.  She doesn't believe in ghosts, so she refrains from saying anything so as to keep the conversation from becoming all sorts of awkward.  LilyMoore comes from the gatehouse, her little bird friends twittering and fluttering around her head in joy.  She is also holding a black beetle that is about 4 inches long.

Xander seems to figure out who if they were all....one did leave and came back "You saw Grandfather...didn't you?"

Oz just smiles "I heard him, didn't see him...but Zork was there briefly, then he had to leave. What ever they all told you just think on their words as it had to of been important Xander"

DoraRose nods.  "The wisdom from ages past is always good to listen to."  Hey, it's true, and the best she can do.  Lily comes over, petting her beetle.  The birds fly away to spread the news that the mousemaid is back, safe and sound!  "Hi."  She looks tired and kind of scruffy, but peaceful. 

Xander looks over at Lilymoore "Hello...glad your ok. I heard you were with Thunderwing..." He then frowns remembering as he looks to Dorarose" This may sound...odd but I think Quade is bad...I saw that wolverine near him but it chased...me and I thought I heard him say...something to it"

Oz frowns at the news, he clears his throat "Quade is not on our side...he is the one that made Leon be at the bottom of the steps, Quade also tried to poison me, some poison Elmef said would of made it look like I had a heart attack had I drank any of it, luckily I didn't drink it....also any Mint we had is gone, gotten rid of just in case.." And thanks to Quade Oz is leery of tea...least for now.

DoraRose's face hardens, and she opens her mouth to say something, but is interrupted by LilyMoore.  "Quade is evil.  He's the one who kidnapped me and Benar and Marek, and he's behind all the killings that have been happening.  He is a monster."  The beetle waves his antennae, and the mousemaid hugs him close, allowing the Warrior mouse to pull her into her lap.  Dora hugs her daughter close, anger burning in her blue eyes.  "I won't stop until he's dead."  And that's a promise.

Xander listens, "Quade did...WHAT?!" He takes a deep breath as his eyes flash, he takes a few deep breaths as they return to their normal color again and slowly stands. "I need  to find Zolomon, Edson, Thunderwing, Brookshire.....and I will let you know as well Dorarose." He seems to rethink, "I'll see if Thunderwing is in the abbey he can find the others...and we can, have a meeting or something" He sounds a lot more grown up right now.  He closes his eyes and reopens them, if Quade is the cause of his mother's death...he needs to pay.  "I will stay in the abbey do not worry..." He then walks, limps slightly, back into the infirm.

Oz starts to tell Xander to please calm down as he listens to him, he listens as he walks off and is quiet a moment before speaking, "Dorarose...please make sure he stays inside the abbey"

DoraRose sighs slightly.  Well, there goes her plan to go squirrel hunting again.  Oh, well.  "As Gatekeeper, I shall do my utmost best to keep him inside."  Lily stays silent, petting Malchezidek (who somehow survived the escape).  After a few moments, the Warrior adds, "I think he's taking charge of the situation.  He's really growing up fast."

Oz nods slowly "I can tell he is...upset, but also trying to control it...he went into Bloodwrath when fighting some fox named Bolt or so I was told" He then stands "I need to check on the dibbuns, they will wander where I went.  You be careful as well Dorarose...maybe spend some time with Leon...he did wake up earlier in case you were not told" He then heads off to check on the dibbuns.

DoraRose nods.  "I'll try to talk to him; the Bloodwrath is a scary thing when you've never had it before."  Perking up, she stands and sets Lily on the ground.  "Leon's awake?!  Then what are we sitting down here for??"  The 2 mice dash off to the see the Master Healer, joy overcoming them despite the dark clouds of war hanging over them...

~*END*~

Thanks for reading! smile

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2017-03-29 04:04:24 PM)

Board footer