Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-30 06:07:52 PM

oz

Talk To The Cat-LP LOG

Who:
Kalypso- Evil cat..possible spy?

Hanzi- Recruit of the LP

Rudolfo- Private in The LP and Fighter

Ciocan- Badger Lord

Log:

Kalypso has been placed in a cell and seems she has did her best to make herself cozy as there is..sort of..a bed in here. She right now is singing a soft tone and whoa her voice, not a voice you would think would come from some vermin as its very lovely   singing, no mixed notes and always on tune with the pitch of the song, this one soft and sort of..sad maybe, but also some happy tones as well. Ok she can sing..that's neat.

Hanzi walks down here lead by the singing and blinks when he finds out just whom is singing and listens quietly before he speaks "That's....very pretty song."

Kalypso stopped singing as she speaks "You know..tis rude to stare, they teach you no manners here?" She looks at the hare and smirks "You don't look like much of a guard to me."

Hanzi frowns, "I..ummm...I am a recruit and I'm sorry. And it is sort of just a..well..chore guess, recruits have to do a lot and this is better than peeling potatoes all day. My name is Hanzi"Why say a name he wasn't sure. He studied the cat for a short while.

Kalypso folds her arms over her chest"What? Surely your not the one to be questioning me, are you..you look a little young."

Hanzi glares "I am..am almost...yeah almost 7 seasons and soon, I think, will be a recruit" Yeah a little grumpy now "And you just look familiar, I remember a..cat like you, from a distance or maybe it wasn't you I..I don't."

Kalypso is curious now as she looks at the hare "Recently?" She has not been out much, this seaside stuff is not to her liking and she plans to leave as soon as she gets done what she wants done, if all goes well that is.

Hanzi answers "No..it was in Mossflower...season or so ago.."He frowns "I..was a slave and..saw the cat she was with the leader but didn't seem like they got along too well that day, another day they seemed to..sort of be on good terms again..the cat also looked at us slaves but didn't do anything just looked at us while the group leader went on and on about ...well how we were guests and at the time she was annoyed at this stoat that was trying to take over her group."

Kalypso tilts her head "Ormaz.....was the stoat, he died or so heard, not like my mother gives much info..just on and on about how she has the power back, blah blah.."She smirks"Show me your left shoulder Hanzi."

Hanzi frowns and at first backs up a couple feet and then takes off his tunic just enough to show the simple black rose, an outline of a flower..simple and not colored in and no leafs,no thorns, nothing and then adjusts his tunic again."why...did..?" He stops and blinks "Your her..you were there."

Kalypso smirks again "Yes...how interesting I though you maybe also looked slightly familiar."She chuckles "Your taller, but still...have spunk, do keep that spunk of yours could come in handy some day. So joined the great legend of the Long Patrol huh?"

Hanzi shrugs "It's..not so great, they are bossy and seem to like to make me do extra chores and stuff and always yell at me a lot but then if left..they need hares cause they are low on them after the whole..siege in Mossflower thing."

Kalypso says, "So I heard..you could leave the Long Patrol...it be easy walk out the door and not return...why stay somewhere you seem to dislike after all."

Hanzi shrugs "I..I don't. I want to be a warrior one day or maybe a healer"He snorts "They just don't seem to let me..ya know..try, and recruits can't go on mission I mean ..why..ya know when your a private and suddenly have a mission then what? You could like die if not prepared or get..captured or lost like a couple did recently but there was talk they are back and in the infirm recovering, not sure if tha' true or not"

Kalypso says, "Oh they were freed...brought back as a peace offering, but still I am locked away...odd really"

Hanzi says, "They..are back?" He is surprised as some rumors they were dead and some they were alive but would never be back. some were just not sure and didn't talk of it."

Kalypso nods "Yes back I would not lie..how are they? I don't know not like they would tell a vermin"

Hanzi says, "no they don't like vermin here, like at all"

Kalypso shrugs "Whats new, no long patrol hare likes vermin"

Hanzi stood there a while before he speaks again "But you...did get the two privates freed and helped get them back here so..does that mean your..not so bad?"

Kalypso smiles slowly "Well...maybe I am not, but you see all they see is vermin...right?"

Hanzi shrugs and hmmms "Maybe...they were just worrying too much, you could maybe walk around with a guard...right?"

Kalypso says, "Well you could let me out and make sure I don't go too far, trust me it wasn't my idea to be in here.""

Hanzi says, "Let you...out?"

Kalypso says, "Why not...what can I really do after all, did I not prove..trustworthy?"

Hanzi blinks "Well...you..maybe did. I don't know on letting you out you would just...leave and not come back"

Rudolfo enters . maybe just in time "No one lets her out..ya insane Hanzi, are ya?" He frowns and glaces at the cat in the cell and shakes his head."Anyone come and question her yet?"

Kalypso glares at the hare"If it isn't you again and if your soooo interested in question"She smirks "Why don't you do it then?"

Hanzi frowns "But...she isn't a threat, she helped us...she helped you get the two privates here didn't she?"

Rudolfo says, "She did, but I don't think she wanted to help me get them back here. And she did have the privates.."He looks at the cat "Why did you anyways? How did you manage without..injuries, it seemed like something too easy when you killed the stoat..was that a set up?A tick?""

Kalypso hisses low, then rolls her eyes sarcastically "Yeah..the stoat was planing to die...yep...."She snorts.."He was a fool that trusted me, see I told him lets take these tow guests as they are called and make sure some long patrol hares witness some death"She smiles coldly"I just didn't say who's death...he figured I kill the hares...nope"

Hanzi blinks, he frowns "Shouldn't a like major or his lordship like..talk to her, not you."

Rudolfo looks at Hanzi, "I don't think it matters whom questions her"

Kalypso chuckles as they argue,"But whats to tell and I did agree to speak but not from a cell"

Hanzi says, "Maybe she can have like guards at each side and..be questioned elsewhere...if she runs we can...ummmm...don't know"

Rudolfo shakes his head,and back to the cat"It will be decided where you chat and who with and then what ta do with ya afterwards"

Kalypso says, "If you say so longears..does your..badger know he has a guest?"

Hanzi says, "She has a point...did you mention this?"

Rudolfo says, "Yes..I told him..why wouldn't I."

Kalypso says, "You hares argue a lot..don't you"

Ciocan arrives at about this time and snorts "Where is this..vermin that was brought here?I normally would say no captives..." He walks over and studies the cat"Well it's you again..why is a member of the Blackrose in here?"

Hanzi says, "To be questioned...I think but she did say not in the cell and I suggested elsewhere but with guards and no one wants to listen to me, no one ever listens to me""

Rudolfo just shakes his head"Guess that's a dumb idea...isn't it?"

Kalypso chuckles "Oh I am just relaxing and watching your hares argue with each others, it's quite..fun"

Ciocan takes a deep breath"Questions can be answered here."He says calmly, it's best no one interrupts him" Now..explain your reason to somehow suddenly and so easy have two of my hares that disappeared..rescued and seems on your own and no injuries in doing so...I would think the Blackrose would guard captives yet my report is you and some stoat had them, you killed the stoat and after awhile helped one other hare get the two privates back here and no one seemed to follow you, that we know of"

Kalypso listens "Well seems you got the right report then...and it's cause they know me...the leader is my mother..so no one questions what I do"She smirks "They should though but their lost...and they figured the hares were to be killed in front of the Long Patrol for fun..well the stoat was killed and yes it was fun."Her eyes shine slightly."I don't like my mother...or her stupid group, it be most pleasurable to watch the Blackrose burn to ashes and all its members...dead with it and whom better than the Long Patrol to do it...and whom better to betray dear old..mother..than me" She looks at her claws and speaks more "I know where the base is, I also know they have some slaves, not many...yet. They are building a new base slowly...if it would somehow succeed your have a slaver band very close to this place, its slightly up shore towards river moss"

Hanzi listens quietly, he sits down by the wall

Rudolfo stays where he is, still seems he dosnt trust the cat "Sur?.....how do we know she speaks the truth, it..could be a trap sur"

Ciocan listens and nods, "Yes it could be a trap, why we will be careful."He looks to the cat "So far she seems to be telling the truth, she did name the marten with strange eyes, you said Taz right?"

Kalypso nods "Yes...he can control beasts somehow..all he needs is direct eye contact for a little while and ...somehow he can control a beast...to a point, like tell them to do something and most do..some break away...or he will use it to make a victim temperately freeze in battle and he kills them, likely what happen to the one hare maid..and a Sargent..he is also 2nd in command of the Blackrose right now..he knows healing,poison, battle skills..dangerous beast."

Hanzi frowns, not liking the sound of this Taz at all.

Rudolfo frowns when Tarsa is mentioned, he then speaks "What do we..do sur?"

Ciocan stands quiet, then speaks "Get her out of my mountain..if she tries anything..." He then steps aside."I will be watching..she gets her weapon once she is on the beach, and she will head straight back to either the village or the base and not look back. Oh and....plan to chat again, we will find you not the other way around."He then goes to where he can watch and make sure she doesn't try and do something to betray his trust.

Rudolfo nods "Yes sur" He will have a couple other hares go with him, buddy system is good after all.

Kalypso does indeed behave and does as she is told, there is no not doing as she is told but it's clear she doesn't like the we will find you part...but hey, that's fine. Least she can get away from the annoying hares and not be in that small cell anymore.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer