Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-25 08:05:36 PM

Rudolfo And Alts

That Marten Is Creepy-BlackRose Log

Who:

Taz- 2nd in command of the Blackrose

Varus- Major in the LP

Gregorian- Sarganet in the Lp

Dominik- Private in the LP

Hawkeye- Old otter and Tavern Worker

Various town and tavern beasts spoofed

Log:

Hawkeye was doing as he always did, tend to the tavern and take orders...bring drinks and such like that. This was the less bust time of the day so he was taking a small break sipping some ale at a table.

Taz makes his way into the tavern and scans the room, smiling he seemed happy for the crowds to be less. He keep the hood up for now as he walks over to the otter"So...do you work here I was so hoping for an ale or if you know whom else is on duty. He had remembered seeing the old otter working behind the counter.

Hawkeye looks up with a sigh, so much for some free time"Well I was on me break but sure I can get you an ale"He stands and gets his cane he uses to help him walk sometimes and goes to get an ale for the marten.

Taz just watches the otter and then sits down as he waits. Another scan of the room to see whom is here, not too many it seems right now and they ignore him and he ignores them as well.

Gregorian is out of uniform, the last time he went to Halyard he was still retired so he's been letting that belief continue as he sold a few bits of jewelry and metalwork he'd made. Mingling with the merchants done though he arrives at the tavern. He doesn't look around but he is mentally noting who's around. He's got his cane out and he's limping noticeably on the peg leg as he heads for the bar and stiffly settles on to a bar stool, nodding to Hawkeye since he seems to be working "Hey, can I get an ale?"

Hawkeye nods, he has the ale for Taz, but Greg is closer so he gets the hare his first"Sure sir.."He gets the ale and sets it in from of the hare , gets any needed coins and then goes to give Taz his ale, "Here you are sir, anything else you need?"

Taz closes his paw around the ale, and speak"Need?"He chuckles as he slowly looks up and smirks"Your full attention would be...kind of you sir otter."He is going for the total eye contact here if he can.

Gregorian leaves a couple of coins on the bar and scoops up his drink. It's not until Taz speaks that he glances at the marten and gives him a look up and down. Noting eyes, weaponry and armor before he looks back at his drink, keeping an ear tuned to the pair.

Hawkeye tenses slightly after letting Taz have the ale, but oddly relaxes after a short while "My..attention for what..sir?"

Taz smiles slightly and keeps focused on the otter"Just some..info is all. Maybe your help me or maybe your not, we..shall..see..what do you know of the Long Patrol? any Of them a friend?"

Varus pushes through the door into the Tavern. The Major is in full uniform, though one gets the sense that he always stays in uniform, even off duty. He's armed, too, as the scabbard on his left hip attests. Making his way toward the bar, he doesn't pay Taz any mind, nor Hawkeye for that matter. No, he addresses Gregorian first. "Well well, didn't think yah evah came up ta Halyahd, Greg. This *is* a surprise..."

Gregorian appears relaxed as he eavesdrops on the marten. Questions about the patrol, red flag one. He glances back when Varus greets though "Varus" He raises his drink "Sometimes yah have tah a bit of air with yah drink, plus there's only so many trinkets yah can sell tah the mountain folk. Thought I'd do a little merchant run" No major, no salute and he's out of uniform. Greg was never usually this off duty even when he was retired.

Hawkeye, meanwhile, seems to answer the marten "I know...a couple, but one of them..died. They come here sometimes still, even though not so...patroling..hares get meals and drinks."

Taz sips his ale and nods keeping eye contact with the otter, he chuckles a little when it's mentioned one hare died.."Yes..so so..sad"A long sip from his ale as he slowly puts the mug down and grins, this is fun..."Maybe..maybe you can help me so, yes..it will be enjoyable. plus your a woodlander...unlike me"

Varus mmms, and nods. He takes a seat at the bar, and glances toward the other two beasts further away. This is the first time he really gets a look at Taz, and he gives a look of disgust, but says nothing. "Ah, well, Greg... It's really somethin', wot... Nevah seen ya so relaxed..."

Gregorian is pretending very carefully not to be listening to Taz. He's looking at Varus instead and taps the bartop to try and get Varus' attention, gesture subtly in Taz's direction "Maybe..." He leaves a little pause before continuing "I did sell a nice broach for a tidy sum, got a few gems. Nice tah have a hobby that pays the bill eh?"

Hawkeye just keeps his attention on Taz "Help...you....how help?" No one else seems to catch his attention.

Taz smirks,"Oh..not decided yet." He leans back in his chair,"For now..go sit elsewhere, I so look forwards to chatting again." He finally looks over at the hares briefly and then drinks the rest of his ale.

Varus is an ever alert hare, and Greg's subtle gesturing is not lost on him. The marten had already aroused his suspicion, even though he hadn't overheard most of what he'd said. "Oh, aye... We all got our bills ta pay, don't we, wot?" He replies, casting a second careful glance toward Taz. "Now I know why yer so relaxed..."

Hawkeye does go sit down, blinks a couple times afterwards and frowns as he looks around the tavern and rubs his forehead slightly as if he has a headache.

Gregorian raises his drink "Got tah pay the bar tab somehow. Hey, yah don't have anythin' yet, let me get somethin'" he looks away to Hawkeye and waves at the otter "Hey, anothah drink ovah here"

Taz orders a drink but from a passing rat, pays for his drink and leans back just as a ferret comes over and sits by him. Looks like the ferret gets a drink as well.

Hawkeye frowns, he blinks and glaces over at the hares and nods "Yeah..sure sorry sort of tried."He goes to get the drinks and walks over to the hares, "Sorry if didn't hear you right away, it's been a bit of a long day I guess."

Varus waits for his drink, and lowers his voice when the otter approaches. "Is 'e givin' yah any trouble, mate?"

Gregorian watches Hawkeye curiously as Varus questions him before he chances a glance towards Taz to study the new ferret as well.

Taz speaks quietly with the ferret and nods after a while as he speaks "In..due time..waiting is good"He chuckles.

Hawkeye frowns "Is..who giving me problems?" He looks like he has no clue what the hare means, "It's been..quiet today, I was relaxing a little on a break is all, some days are a bit..loud but so far seems ok. Well a small headache but..maybe tis the weather"

Varus gives a side-long glance toward Gregorian. This was unexpected, to say the least. "Ah, err... Nothin', mate... Nevah mind... Could ya crack me open a bottle o' yer finest brandy? Thanks..."

Wow, it must be 'Free Drinks For Hares' Day at the Halyard Tavern, for the door opens and in steps a rather large fellow, the hare known as Dominik. Most around the town recognized the young hare at this point due to the whole 'almost dying from poison' incident, not to mention the fact that he generally takes up quite a bit of space in whatever room he is in. Dressed in casual clothes (ones he found that can actually fit him), he pauses a moment to take a look around the room. Spying his comrades, a large grin crosses the big guy's muzzle, and he meanders his way over towards his group, occasionally bumping into other patrons and apologizing profusely.

Gregorian slightly frowns back at Varus. Weird. Greg is not a fan of weird. He leaves another couple of coins on the bar for Varus' drink as he mutters very quietly to the officer "Wot do yah think? Question or follow?" there's barely time for the question before Dom bumps his way through the room "'Ey, yah escaped for the day too? Drink?" it's not free drinks day, Greg's just buying.

Taz seems to dislike so many hares in here as he whispers to the ferret whim nods, they may be getting ready to head to the doorway soon.

Varus eyes the hulking young hare, and he can't resist a joke at his expense. "Yah forgot ta salute, Private!" He looks toward Greg, thinking for a moment. "I'd say bloody well question, but I doubt that'll get us anywhere, wot... Followin' may be our best bet..."

Hawkeye nods "Sure, be right back sir" He heads to find the brandy, it's in the back so he will need to get some more, which he does and then walks back over to the hares"Here ya are sir."He says with a smile,"Need anything else just let me know."He sits down close by, least for now as he is sort of on tavern duty again but not fully on duty.

Dominik gives a nod and a smile to Greg at the offer. "Ale, please. Thank you," he booms. At Varus's joke, the Private's face suddenly turns pale, expression going to one of embarrassment and he quickly stands at attention, paw going to his brow in a sharp salute. "Sir, is sorry, sir!" He stands there for a few moments, before finally blinking as he realizes that Varus was likely joking. Chuckling sheepishly, the hare does his best to find a seat that will hold him without breaking...

A few more coins to the bar. Any more patrollers turn up and Greg's profits from this trip may start dwindling. He nods slightly to Varus "Agreed" he mutters back before chuckling at Dom as he turns so he can keep the marten and ferret in the corner of his eye. Now it's all just waiting.

Hawkeye stands as he is fully back on duty now, his headache seems eased some as he serves drinks and meak specials as a few more beasts enter the tavern.

Taz motions to the ferret a let's just go as the two get up and head outside, once outside the marten snorts"Too many hares"He mutters to the ferret, who just shrugs "Soooo..does it matter, hares like the food here, the food is good"

Varus takes note of Taz getting up, and taking a couple quick sips of his brandy, he's up, too. "Well, Greg... There they go, wot... I'll slip out first..."

Gregorian doesn't act right away in case someone with the marten is still about "Aye aye sah" he mutters back to Varus as he leans back to try and look through a window "Dom, yah able tah do sneaky?" he asks before finishing his drink.

Hawkeye meanwhile serves some soup and tea to a group of shrews, he doesn't notice the marten leave, seems he is maybe too busy.

Dominik gives Greg a helpless shrug, "If is being honest, sir, stealth is not exactly...how vould you say...my forte? Has hard enough time valking through room without knocking everyone over..." The buck grins a little. "If need to break through vall, can do. If need to smash face, also can do. Being qviet, vell...not so good..." He finally finds a spot to sit, though he is still a bit awkward as he manages to lower himself into a seat.

Taz meanwhile is outside and shoves the ferret "Shut up.."The ferret rubs his arm and shakes his head"Now.."The marten begins "We will have a helper soon...I just need to chat again and it's not one to be expected"

Varus slips out into the street, keeping his distance from the two vermin, just keeping them in his sight. His suspicion if definitely aroused, even though he can't overhear what they're saying at the moment

Gregorian keeps an eye out the window, waiting for Varus to move off "Well yah best try yah best tah blend in then. Finish yah drink and then we've got vermin tah track" He mutters back to Dom before he gets up and heads for the door, going to wait for Dom inside the door and keep a distant eye on things from there.

Taz smirks as the ferret is curious "An otter..."This gets a surprise but the marten just grins at him as the ferret backs off "Ya creepy when ya do that"Taz just cackles as he enjoys this."I know...but to control a beast...is fun. make eye contact with a beast...most of the time, they do what I want, or they are temparyly..distracted"He chuckles "And..fall over dead."

Varus is still about two feet behind Taz, and he's actively keeping his distance. He's not been noticed yet, which is always a plus.

Gregorian waits until Varus is nearly out of sight before he slips out too, he still has his cane out but his limp appears better than when he arrived at the tavern. He follows at a relaxed pace like he's just out for a stroll and a bit of shopping.

The Ferret blinks "Dead...how?" Taz just smirks, yeah he killed a hare and he enjoyed it "She was distracted...she died cause of it....too bad too, may of made a good slave, but then again the hare maid was not a fool either killing her was..fun, and other hares will die too in time..give it time" The ferret frowns "Umm...if ya keep killing hares de umm...what if the stripedog.."Taz rolls his eyes.

Varus has gotten somewhat close enough to pick up some of Taz's words, enough to know something is up. The older hare is itching for a fight now, but he knows better than to just rush in and attack.

Gregorian keeps out of the vermin's eye line and only gets close enough to keep an eye on Varus for trouble or signals as he pretends to be browsing the window of a shop. He's way too far away to over hear anything sadly.

Taz snorts slightly, he may know something and the ferret has for sure seen Varus as he whispers "We may wanna go..."

Varus's paw goes to the hilt of his rapier. He can't afford to lose the marten. He's been spotted, though, and he knows it.

Gregorian is watching closely and slowly moves closer while still trying to remain out of the vermin's sight but Varus going for his weapon makes Greg wants the gap between them to be smaller.

Taz steps forwards and slowly turns around to see..Varus. He smirks "If it isn't one of the Long Patrol hares...."He studies him and grins "An officer at that it would seem."He doesn't seem interested in fighting or lucky making direct eye contact, but still finds news enjoyable "You lost an officer not too long ago..didn't ya...Thats so so..saddening, well not really. I like nothing more for all you hares to fall one by one."

Varus doesn't draw his blade, but he glares at the marten sharply. "This is yer one an' only wahrnin'. Get outta Halyahd by tha end o' tha week. Begone, an' don't bloody well come back... If I find ya still in town come next week, yer life is forfeit... Undahstand, scum?"

And who should emerge out of the darkness beside Varus but Dominik. He doesn't really need to say much, the expression upon his face seems to say it all as he glares daggers at Taz. This also seems to put major emphasis on Varus's point.

Gregorian doesn't approach but keeps back still, backing up further out of view around the corner of a building when Taz approaches Varus. His ears perked to listen he can barely see around the corner still.

Taz looks at the two hares and just smiles coldly"Are you..threatening me...that's funny. But..I fear very little..bunny"He grins "I do not feel like killing you tonight..so be free and do what ever hares do..eat a lot?" He chuckles "Oh and by the way you don't have to see me for me to be able to kill you, I just have to see..you."He smirks and goes to turn and walk away, the ferret doesn't follow right away and then quickly does.

Varus draws his rapier, and his voice is dangerous as he replies, "You don't frighten me eithah, scum... Even if yah did murdah Tarsa. I'm givin' ya th' chance ta live an' leave... I suggest ya take it..." After he says that, he turns away, also. "C'mon, Private... We best get back ta th' Tavern ta talk ta Greg..."

Dominik's mood had shifted considerably, likely not in the best way for Taz in any case. With a growl, the large hare reaches over to a nearby building, tearing off one of the window shutters with a loud snap. As Taz and the ferret begin to retreat, Dom hurls the piece of wood in their direction, not really counting on striking them, but doing his best to at least give them something to ponder as they walk away.

Taz stops as he hmms, he calls over her shoulder"Oh was THAT her name...killing her was enjoyable..."He then walks into and alleyway and disappears after shoving a fox into another fox...causing a fight and a crowed watching the fight..FUN! And the marten is long gone, And what ever was throw did miss him, though barely.

Last edited by Rudolfo And Alts (2019-01-25 08:06:12 PM)

My Alts: 
Rudolfo-LP Hare Private and Fighter
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

Board footer