Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-29 03:25:46 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

The escape of Cheshire (OOC Eagle Hunting log)

This is a continuation of this OOC plotline: http://rwmuck.limitless.org/rwmuck/cont … -no-ooc-rp No eagles or cats were harmed in the making of this log wink

SCENE: Riana's nest high up in a tree!

CHARACTERS:  Riana, a female golden eagle; spoofed lizardy and toadish folk.  Cheshire, a male cat; Ageless, a male whiptail snake.

LOG:

Cheshire has to admit, in the end life under the eagle's care was actually...rather pleasant. All things considered. He had made for himself a nice shady spot on her nest under the protection of a hide made tent. And he has so much more time now to think, to ponder and reflect...
Upon being fattened up for the birds future meal. Ok so it wasn't ALL good after all. The inventor's clothes were all but scraps of material at this point going unwashed and untended too for ...how long has it been? Weeks? /Months/? The cat didn't reach his current girth in a single night, that's for sure! The poor tuxedo cat was truly immense now! It was only a matter of time, yes, only a matter of time before the bird decided to eat him now. And he was running out of compliments to stave off his own destruction.
It was time to put his plan into motion...

Riana Thunderbolt is really quite vain.  Maybe if the cat keeps up the compliments, she'll just keep him....although.  He's gotten all fat and squishy, and she is finding literally NOTHING to eat today.  She even tried to fish and that didn't work.  Grumpy, the hungry golden eagle keeps circling high above the outer reaches of Mossflower....

The cat stands up to stretch the kinks out of his back. He twists, he turns, he does a few aerobic exercises, and then promptly sits back down under the shade of his little tent. Everything was already in motion. All he had to do was...
Cheshire looks up, shielding his eyes against the sun to spot the eagle above. "This will be...interesting..."

Riana is very, very frustrated.  She suddenly swerves and zooms towards her nest.  "Little cat!"  She calls as she pulls up for a landing.  "I'm afraid that your days are ended now.  I cannot find any prey, so I'll have to eat you."  She lands and looks at him with one amber eye.  "Any last words before I kill you?"

The 'little' cat gulps slightly at her entrance. He stands back up, "So the time has finally come? I must say it has been a real pleasure doing business with you. And I must thank you for your hospitality." Struggling to make a respectful bow with his girth in the way, Cheshire offers the eagle a wicked grin, "But...I'm not going to die today."
At the tug of a hidden rope there is a loud crash a wood planks tied together with bone spring up from all sides of the eagles nest, forming a tight fitting makeshift cage around the eagle!

The eagle gives an earsplitting screech of shock and rage.  "How did you build that?!  HOW DARE YOU?!?!"  Riana attacks the cage, causing to rattle and quake.  She may be a bit stronger than the cat realized.....talons and beak ripping and shredding the wood, the huge raptor uses her wild strength and rage to try and DESTROY the cage!

The cat cackles as he picks up Xia's hide, unfolding it to reveal that he has turned it into fox hide glider! Strapping it on the cat turns to the eagle, "How? You don't ask how when CHESHIRE Is involved." He is holding something, another device. It looks like a flint and matchstick combined. "You only get to BURN." Cheshire says darkly before lighting the match and tossing it into the nest. It catches fire quickly even as the cage begins to break apart. "Tootles." He says, stepping up to the ledge, "Cheshire, exit. Stage right." And he leaps off!

OH, NO HE DID NOT.  Riana screeches in unadulterated, uncontrolled rage.  Breaking the last of the cage away from her, the huge eagle tries to put the fire out, but then gives up, seeing that her home is lost.  "I SHALL FEED YOUR ENTRAILS TO THE FISHES!!!!"  She screams as she gives chase, her massive wings fanning the flames as she lifts off and takes after the escaping feline.

Flying! Cheshire is flying! Or at least falling with style. He's little glider was designed to carry him when he was much lighter. He's falling with rapid speed but gliding away from the tree. Even then his shrill maniacal laughter makes him easy to find.

Riana is literally just following the sound of the lunatic's laughing.  Silent, she is forced to stay above the treetops to prevent her wings from getting broken.  Meanwhile, on the ground, a group of lizards is watching the strange sight.  Who knew lunch could be delivered?

The maniac laughter ceases as Cheshire's glider comes crashing down. He skids to a haul, tearing up the ground until he's in the center of camp. Rolling to his feet he dusts himself off, aware of the lizards around him, "Oh...erm, hai! J-just passing through and SMOKE BOMB!" The cat tosses a small leather skin pouch to the ground.
It does absolutely nothing.
It might however cause some confusion as Cheshire then tries to book it out of here! Running as fast as he feline legs can carry him while carrying a glider on his back!

As Riana screams and screeches in anger, the lizards stare at the pouch, then a couple big ones give chase!  Hissing and making other lizardish sounds, the rest follow, hoping to get a free supper out of the deal.  A few toads pop out of the leaf litter and croak as the group dashes by.  The cat may or may not be basically doomed.

"GEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAaaAAaAAaAH!" Cheshire screams. He is all out of fancy gimmicks to save his hide. "Why does everything want to EAT me?!" He couldn't possibly taste good enough to warrant THIS much of a parade following him.
He's starting to slow as well. All those months fattening up really took their toll on his agility. "I. Can't. Die. Like this. There are not enough explosions!" Stripping the torn remnants of the glider away from himself the cat dodges towards the base of a large tree nearby. There is a large opening for the cat to squeeze himself through. At least...almost. He remains half in and half out of the hole, panicking as he struggles to suck in his gut and fall inside with a loud POP.
"I...I did it! I'm safe! I..." The examines the floor of this cave. It's more scaly than he would have imagined...

Riana flies off to mourn the loss of her home.  The lizards (and now toads) screech to a halt when they see where the cat is headed.  Hissing, croaking, and screaming, the reptiles and amphibians flee the scene, knowing what lurks beneath that specific tree......

A thing which Cheshire now sees as he looks up and up and up into the eyes of a towering Whiptail snake. "Oh, now that's just not fair." The cat says, backing up until his tail reaches the exit. He got through with momentum before but... "S-so sorry to bother you sir I..." the snake only advances. "Uh...I know what you are thinking. That I am a tasty looking varment. Because so far so do the eagles, lizards and toads but...uh..." The snake only advances. "If...if you let me live I can make it worth your while!"
Ageless the snake pauses to consider this. "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO."
Cheshire hardly has time to yelp as the snakes jaws clamp down around his upper torso. Feet kicking in the air as the snake gobbles him down in only a few bites. All that is left of the literal fat cat is the fat scaly bulge in the snakes middle. The snake belches up the cat's glasses before returning to his quiet slumber, a look of contentment on his face as he drifts off to sleep amid the sounds of Cheshire's muffled whimpering.

Thus ends Cheshire the cat.  Riana is even more upset the next day when she catches one of the lizards and finds out that the cat got eaten by the snake.  Groaning, she releases the lizard (who scurries off in terror, obviously) and just cries.  She is a very frustrated birdy right now.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading! xD  Remember, this was just an OOC RP; Cheshire is still ICly still alive doing thingsies.  And Riana is still in Mossflower hunting vermin because they make good food for her tongue wink

Board footer