Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-21 08:18:09 PM

oz

A New Novice- Redwall Log

Who:

Oz- Papa Oz, Badger Mother of Redwall

Atvi- Soon to be novice

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Brother Rick-old squirrel brother-Spoofed

Log:

Oz walks into the infirm, he rarely comes in here as he dislikes the place but when it comes to checking on the young ones, he ventures into the room,He stops to talk to a healer on duty and then steps over to one of the cots, "Atvi?..You awake?"

Atvi groans, ok headache and his throat hurts but he knows that voice, he opens his eyes and smiles "Papa Oz." He sits up and hugs the badger.

Oz smiles allowing the hug, giving one of his own "I take that as a yes...it is good to know your safe, I heard of your grandmother and I am sorry. You are welcome to stay at the abbey if you wish...unless you have other family elsewhere."

Atvi frowns, "Nope..." His speech is better, then again he is not so much a dibbun anymore, yet not grown either..it's that annoying in between phase and he has just barely started it so his voice cracks a little, which he hates. He sniffs as he is just glad of a friendly face and then buries his face in the badger's robes.."Kenya gones..."

Oz frowns, "Gone?" He has yet to hear the news as not many have yet" What do you mean gone? Had she not went with Brother Rick to check on you"Come to think of it where was that squirrel anyways, a healer whispers something to him and he frowns.

Atvi sniffs "She is died...and Brother Rick is in here..he got sicks from weather but maybe he be okies..he will be okies right?"

Oz frowns, he nods to the healer first and then speaks to Atvi "This is...saddening news and I am unsure about Brother Rick..we can hope so, he is in very good care and from what the healers said he has recovered some..I did not know about Kenya"He will ask what happen later or maybe ask another beast, "I did know of the storm and know how bad those can get..I been in the snowy northwards as well as here once...maybe twice it's been a long while"

Atvi says, "I no like the snow..or cold...it's bad bad bad"

Oz says, "Not a lot like snow, I dislike ice..always seem to find it and its not like my staff always warns me of ice, the one thing that can surprise me.""

Atvi says, "Ice is bad....it tricks you"He frowns "Ice was on the creek...."

Oz frowns as he seems to catch on as to what may of happen.."Yes one can never know how thick or thin ice is on any water surface, sometimes its worse on a river or stream...creek than a pond as water is always moving somewhere under the ice, not so much in a pond or lake"

Atvi nods, "Yeah, bad....very bad"

Oz sighs"Let's...not worry on ice and as for the pond if you don't want near it, don't go near it. Any ice from puddles is still annoying to slip on, but far from dangerous like...thin ice on water like river pond ect is"

Atvi decides to change the subject "Me wanna be a novice..can I be one?"

Oz smiles "I am sure you can be, we can ask Abbot Benar once your feeling better."

Atvi smiles a little "Kenya..was a novice...so I wanna be one too"

Oz says, "Well that sounds nice...we do need notices here at Redwall Abbey. Healers..cooks or any skill one can learn is good. Do you know the charter, that's step one in showing you want to be a novice and then living by that""

Atvi nods, of course he knows it even if he always seem to be in mischief when he was younger" To be Brothers and Sisters of peace and goodwill, living together in harmony under the protection of Redwall Abbey, forsaking all unnecessary forms of violence, not only to Mossflower, its trees, grasses, flowers, and insects, but to all living creatures. To help and comfort the dispossessed, harbor orphans and waifs, offer shelter to all creatures alike, give clothing, warmth and food to any beast or creature that is deemed in need of such. To educate and learn, particularly in the healing arts, comfort the sick, nurse the injured and help the wounded. To take our food from the earth and replenish the land by caring for it, husbanding crops and living in harmony with the seasons always. To honor and protect our friends and brethren, only raising paw to do battle when our life at Redwall is threatened by treachery and the shadow of war, at these times every Redwall creature should show courage, fortitude and obedience to the Father Abbot. Albeit the taking of another life must always be justified and never carried out in a wanton manner."

Oz listens and smiles "You do know it...I can let Abbot Benar know and see what he says. One is usually a novice a season or two before becoming a Brother or Sister in the order"

Atvi says, "I would like to be a Brother one day...it be nice"

Oz chuckles "Yes it likely would, any plans as to what you may want to be Atvi?"

Atvi smiles, seems he already knows "Healer..so can help beasts gets better..and not die"He adds quietly at the end "Healers do best to save beasts...sometimes they can't but they tries their best to."

Oz nods "Yes...they do you are correct, healers do the best they can."

Atvi says, "I am...gonna sleep now..ok papa Oz"

Oz nods as he goes to tend to dibbun duties "Go ahead Atvi...and welcome home"

==Couple hours later==

Xander poked his head into the infirm, why was some beasts so hard to find.He sighed and sat down...he was stressed.

Oz had hard him come in and was here checking on Atvi and another young novice whom stubed their toe"Xander..something troubles you what is it?"   

Xander lays down..."Life.."Ok he should be serious.."Just..stressed out, but finally taking advise and resting, time off just need to let others help out more"   

Oz hmms "I heard from Atvi about Kenya and I do hope you found Sinway to tell him what happen, he has the right to know..unless another told him but I don't think so"   

Xander frowns as he looks over at Oz "I..I don't know Uncle Oz...it's just I don't know everything that happen just walking into the cottage and thinking...oh my goodness is she ok? I was half listening to Sister Carmel and Brother Rick was...sort of passed out and I have no idea where he is even."   

Brother Rick is on a cot as he sits up "I am here lad..thank you for getting to the others so..quickly"He frowns and coughs, he likely needs to be here a couple days."Me and Kenya went to..check on Atvi and his grandmother..see if they wanted to stay at the abbey till Spring, Sister Carmel tagged along in case a healer was needed...then that horrible storm hit and we were...stuck in the cottage, it was warm enough but the storm did break a window."   

Oz listens as he gets some tea "Xander maybe it's best you stayed in here a few days..stress is not good for anyone"   

Xander frowns "I am not..."Ok he is stressed as he sighs, he has a headache "Ok Uncle Oz..I will stay in here couple days..I do plan to stay at the abbey..Texo is gonna keep me updated with Tavern and Base building things and it been mainly quiet vermin wise, and the only one that may of been a threat helped that Luna, he could of been bad news but he didn't harm the dibbun, he..helped keep her warm"   

Brother Rick sighs"That is..good.....as I was saying we stayed and the storm eased come morning. Atvi has went to wake his grandma but she didnt wake up, she had died during the night...likely old age.He then ran outside and Kenya went after him, the ice on the creek was snow covered...they must of..or he ran to it and she followed...I don't know they ended up on it, we heard screams and raced out to see them in the water and the current was still strong...not all the creek had frozen water on top, a lot..a lot did..they were down shore a little less than half a mile...both unconscious, we got them both to the cottage...Atvi was still unconscious...Kenya.."He frowns and shakes his head as he seemed to fail to help "Oh...."Tears flood "She was dead...why didn't  I..couldn't we see she was a lot worse than we thought..she was still novice age for..crying out loud..."   

Oz frowns "Brother Rick..calm..you did what you could, you and Sister Carmel both, there was not much I think one could do. Things can happen so quickly..I know. It would seem she saved Atvi's life."

Xander sighs, he listens quietly as they speak"Who got them..out of the water?"   

"I..am not..they were on the shore..though Kenya was half in the water and Atvi more on the shore away from the...oh my...Kenya she..must of got him out somehow..pushed him to shore maybe" Brother Rick spoke.

Atvi had been listening and sniffs...crying?" Kenya push me outta water....but she sliped back in a little and then got out when she pulled on the vine...but not all the way out and she was shivering and then she passed out...and then think I DID and then felt someone pick me up and then woke up here and head someone say she was..was dead"   

Oz stands and goes to Atvi and lays a paw on his shoulder once at the bedside "Atvi..please rest child. You have had a long day."   

Xander frowns, "I heard Brother rick and Sister Carmel found you guys and got you back to the cabin and then think was very shortly after that Brother Rick found...me and Ewan and that search partty"

Brother Rick noded "Yes...I had to find help..Sister Carmel knows healing but we needed help still and I am glad I ran into you Xander. Don't blime yourself for not knowing soon enough....and I shouldn't blime myself for what happen either...it happen and..we do what is needed and move on..as sad as it is to move on, we do"

Atvi spekas "I wanna be novice....Kenya would like that right?"   

Oz smiles "Yes she would indeed...and you have shown you know the charter and I think you have grown some, not just in hieght but in mind..Novice Atvi"   

Xander smiles, "Yeah...."He frowns "Sinway...he needs to...to know"Good grief he is so so tried.   

Brother Rick nods "Course Benar has the final word on being a novice..."He looks at Xander "Go to sleep"   

Atvi smiles and looks at the badger "You go sleep..now, sleep is good" He nods to Oz and Brother Rick "I will do my very very best promise"   

Oz nods, "Good and Xander..sleep, I can talk to Sinway if need be just get some rest please"   

Xander frowns "I'm...outnumbered..fine"Yeah he really is triedd as he lets sleep take over and he gets some much needed rest.   

Brother Rick sighs as he likely needs sleep as well, he sighs again" Not the best past couple days..hmms Papa"   

Oz says, "Not it has not been, but the feast is soon we can focus on that. I can have a novice find Sinway, it's possible he found out...if not he needs told. And to know friends are here to be there for him in his time of need"

Atvi yawns and ends up falling sleep.Yes he has..grown up a little, but still has some dibbunish ways in him..that mischief of his but also not do dibbun like, more..troubled teenager.

Oz stays in here a little while before heading off to his room for the night.

Last edited by oz (2019-01-21 09:26:36 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer