Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-20 06:18:30 PM

oz

Sometimes Who Have To Share News You Rather Not Share-Redwall lLog

Who:

Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall Abbey

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Log:

Gorvenalus has been in the library most of the day, fixing some books that long needed repair, as well as a couple more recent ones, finally done or maybe they are laid aside to dry from glue, he comes into the great hall.

Xander is by the fireplace, a blanket wrapped around him as he stares into the fire. He sneezes once and sighs..yep been a long past couple days.

Gorvenalus looks over and decides to check on the badger "Is something wrong my friend? You doing ok today? "

Xander frowns "I..I don't know...Krisha hates me and she went to Ferro's..Ferro is ill cause the forge is like messing up so was gonna check on them, then the storm hit and so couldn't..so was gonna after I helped look for this lost dibbun, we found the dibbun and..and that's the only good news"

Gorvenalus sits down by the badger and studies him "The only good news?" He is worried maybe "I am guessing this Luna is with our new guests?"

Xander nods "Yeah....and their cart is still in the clearing...."He sniffs as some tears fall"Brother Rick and Sister Carmel went to check on...a vole family, that Atvi...he is in the infirm..his grandma died guess...the cold and he had slipped out into this creek...and someone went to get him out and they don't know what happen but both was found downstream..Atvi barely alive and..and..."He stops and seems unsure to go on "I..I need to find...but I don't want to tell him..."

Gorvenalus listens and gets all of this info and frowns "Brother Rick?..Oh yes I do remember he and Sister Carmel went to check on a family of voles, I had not known it was Atvi though and I know Novice Kenya and a Novice Pine went as well...Pine got sent back very shortly after leaving..something about not listening..."He frowns "Is some else ill?"

Xander looks down "Brother Rick maybe....Sister Carmel is ok....."He is silent, so very very silent..."KE..Ken....Kenya,,,,,,"He can't say it, he can't, why does he have to?

Gorvenalus pats him on the shoulder "What about Novice Kenya, is she ok Xander? If she is in the infirm you should let Brother Sinway know so he can check on her....I know she wasn't in class...which is odd, she is a good friend of Atvi so it doesn't surprise me she went with Brother Rick to check on him" He replays what was said in his head and frowns"Xander..what happen..please it's important" He will give him time to speak or least he hopes he will get more info out of him, if not there is always others to ask.

Xander speaks "I..I....she..."He frowns "I carried her back here and all the while thought...was thinking what if something happens or maybe happen to Northstar or Krisha I mean I don't fully know if they are ok, or even Ferro...."

Gorvenalus listens and frowns "We can send someone...a sparrow maybe or I can go myself, I am sure they are ok as long as they are inside, I sadly know nothing of fixing a forge but ...if needed I can find someone to help Ferro if its needed. Do not thing ill thoughts Xander...They likely understand the storm..I can also let Krisha know you wanted to check on her but could not. "He thinks "I can go here soon, now..what of Kenya? Where is she, you mentioned carrying her..."

Xander looks away after a brief eye contact"She's..she's dead...I don't know...it was mentioned when Atvi slipped in the creek ice broke and maybe he was sweep away..she had jumped in and...her and Atvi found later half a mile down..stream..."He frowns"What am I supposed to do...I know I should find Sinway but maybe someone else should, not me...he'd hate me for such news"

Gorvenalus says, "He wouldn't hate you...it was not your fault...it was no one's fault.."He wipes away a tear. "Stay in the abbey...by the fireplace..I will go check on Krisha,Northstar and Ferro...if an extra healer is needed I have those skills as well.""

Xander sniffs "You think they are ok? I mean....what if they are not, the last thing we did was...argue and she was..so mad at me, and I likely deserved it at the time..I know I been so over busy and I am sorry for that..I am"

Gorvenalus pats him on the shoulder "Beasts say things...words come and sometimes not the best ones...but one can

Gorvenalus pats him on the shoulder "Beasts say things...words come and sometimes not the best ones...but one can't take them back..but one can say sorry and....do better."He offers a small smile "Family fight...argue..but they are still family"

Xander smiles..faintly and nods "Thanks Brother Gorvenalus..and for checking on them just be careful...please"

Gorvenalus says, "I will do my best to be careful"

Xander nods and goes to hug his friend "Thank you...times like this wish Zolomon was still around..then again it's hard to say what he would do to cheer me up...or not cheer me up..who knows"

Gorvenalus chuckles "Likely tell you to hang upside down from a tree...."He is then serious "But he would also understand with so many things at once going on....and likely agree with me when I say your taking a much needed break, this time for real..till further notice"

Xander says, "But.....I am leader of the Defenders....how can I...rest"

Gorvenalus says, "Easy...just do and others can help you know..have some check on the tavern and base, maybe a couple for possible patrols if needed...not too much has needed help being gotten and the past with searching for the lost dibbun or checking on beasts...well others can tend to that also. I do not think some horde is bout to come around a corner again anytime soon...hopefully not for a very long time""

Xander says, "Fine..I will...rest and take break...or least try"

Gorvenalus nods "That's all I ask is you try....and to speak to Sinway"

Xander frowns....and he sighs deeply"Someone else can...please I am no good at that sort of thing."

Gorvenalus says, "Sometimes we have to do things we rather not and you have info on what happen, you talked to who was there.....you brought her back to the abbey, talk to him as it be best heard from a friend"He goes to head to the doorway"In the meantime I will be at Ferravale and I will send word back once I am there and check on some beasts""

Xander sighs as he slowly stands to go find Sinway.."Ok..."He will do this, but he won't enjoy it.

Gorvenalus nods and slips off to get his thick cloak, a healers pouch of herbs and supplies and heads to Ferravale.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer