Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-28 09:07:55 PM

oz

The Defenders Need A New Leader, Maybe That You-Redwall Log

==In the Redwall Infirm. My old beaver speaks to Xander and a rabbit shows up briefly==

Xander opens his eyes and blinks a little as he goes to sit up and looks at his wrist and leg that are bandaged   

Gorvenalus walks over slowly looking at Xander, "How....are you feeling?"   

Xander hmms and focuses on the beaver "Oh...it’s you"   

Gorvenalus smiles a little " Abbot Gorvenalus....well from my home I was abbot."   

Xander nods "Xander Winters..."   

Gorvenalus nods "It is nice to meet you young one, you had a very close call yesterday, thin ice is very dangerous."   

Xander says, "I...still do not know what that thing was but it was scary"   

Rupert steps into the library and lays down a book as he adjusts his glasses "Wolverine...there was one called Gulo the Savage ,beheaded by the warrior squirrel Rakkety Tam."   

Gorvenalus turns when he hears the rabbit "Never heard of a creature like that"   

Rupert asks, "Highly dangerous thing, like a monitor with fur sort of, but no tail really" He adjusts his glasses "How DID you survive such an attack and still be drawing breath?"

Xander answers "It got on the thin ice and sort of sank...tried to take me down..well it did take me down with it under the water and well "He motions to the beaver "He jumped in and got me out of the river, that..umm wolverine whatever thing let go of me right before that and it keep sinking and so would I of if Gorvenalus didn’t get me out...he...he saved my life"   

Rupert smiles "Well that was very good thing to do sir, very good indeed"   

Gorvenalus says, "I was not about to let a young one die"   

Xander watches the rabbit walk off as he sighs, he then says "Thanks for saving my life"

Gorvenalus smiles "Your much welcome, you are very brave to of fought that thing, and to protect me that shows compassion for others a true warrior skill indeed"   

Xander manages a weak smile, "But one thing is...odd thought I saw Quade near that...Wolverine and he said the abbot was dead...I don’t know if that’s true, but he said Uncle Oz was dead and Uncle Oz is not dead"   

Gorvenalus frowns " Quade is a liar...he may of meant I was dead, perhaps he thought it. I am surprised I am still alive...and last I checked Benar is alive"   

Xander asks, "He is?" He smiles at this but as Quade is mentioned he frowns "If Quade is...what about the Defenders....he took over the group..."

Gorvenalus says, "Maybe they need a better leader"   

Xander says, "I wouldn’t know who and Marek is still missing"   

Gorvenalus says, "I saw him, he is alive....and as for a leader, maybe you do know whom could led them, help them this Defenders of Mossflower....one with skill, compassion, understanding....one with courage and one with needed knowledge, even if they are young, they are wise beyond their seasons and has helped an old beaver gain a small amount of his hope back by helping me here, yes I may of helped you back home but you helped me get to this abbey as well....we helped one another perhaps"

Xander blinks "Me?" He asks as if surprised   

Gorvenalus hmmmms, he pats the badgers shoulder "It is time for bed...goodnight Xander" He then lays down on a cot beside him.

Xander watches the old beaver sleep and many things go through his head, he then gets more comfortable and gets some needed sleep

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer