Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-17 03:39:21 PM

Karth Riverbark

This Weather Shouldn't Be Traveled In!

**My first log with Aric! **

Aric-Me-Leader of The Woodlands Traveling Show

Jaxson- Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Xander- Leader of the Mossflower Defenders

-Spoofs of squirrels and mice from The Woodlands Traveling Show

Log:
The storm was not the worse that had been in Mossflower before, there had been worse ones. But this one was still bad enough. The wind was strong and the cold icy rain turned to full blown snow and falling at a quick rate. The temperature also went down fairly quickly, yes it was cold in winter but today was the coldest yet and was gonna get colder than it was at this moment.

It was at this time a group of travelers came down the road, they should of stopped somewhere but was slightly afraid of a vermin village,  possible bad things could happen and it was best to move on, besides an owl mentioned a brick walled building of some sort, if only they could get there but they failed and had to end up taking shelter by a few tall trees, they used their cart to block the wind and managed to start a campfire, ad it was then they noticed...........

“Where is Luna!” Panic filled his voice as he looked at the mice and squirrels gathered before him. The tall beaver had not been so afraid in a long while.”She was in the cart wasn't she!?”

A mouse maid came forwards “I don't know Sir Aric...maybe she wandered off before the snow got bad.”

A squirrel frowns “I can help ya lok fer 'er sur. She had seen some rosehips and me and her had collected some. And some wild mushrooms..you know those are usually hard to find but we seen them by a log..I am sorry I should of made sure she got to the cart..”

Aric shakes his head “But you didn't...and now she is alone out in these lands we know nothing of!” He frowns, his anger getting to him as he looks at his friend “I..I  am sorry just worried, we need to..”

“Find her I know but right now with all the blowing snow it will be useless, stay by the fire..I am just glad we managed to keep the fire  going, we need to find shelter our selves or..or I am afraid of the results.”

Meanwhile not too far from the campsite was a badger, he didn't plan to get stuck in the storm, but luck was not on his side the past few hours. He looked back and forth “The path...the path is....”And he misplaces his foot paw and tumbles towards the ditch, into the icy water as he gasps, he barely manages to grab hold of a fallen tree limb and shivers.

Jaxson was close by, only causes he was getting something from his tree house and heard a noise he just felt was wrong, so very very wrong and he  felt the tree lurch forwards...ok not good seeing as it has been already leaning since Spring time. He gulped and quickly got out the window with a knapsack and used the branch to move to the tree beside him, he jumped and grabbed the end of the branch of the next tree and pulled himself up and turned around wide eyed as the tree that held his tree house..tree house and all..crashed!”Well...that will need...yep repaired.”

“What was that?” A couple mice asked sounding afraid

The squirrel has a blade in paw quickly “I..don't know..stay here Annabelle...All of ya” He was gonna find out cause that was a little too close, way too close.

Aric frowned and went to follow his friend,”Is this wise?”

Xander also heard the crash and shivered as he managed to pull himself a bit out of the ditch and looks around, he has a few feet to go and uses small little bits of frozen old tree roots to try and pulls himself up. He gets a little ways and falls back again gaining maybe half the length he wanted. He looks up and can't feel his fingers too much..cold and know he is going to need...”Help...HELP ..some...beast.” And his ankle hurts badly.

Jaxson ears go flat as he slowly gets down from the tree and looks “Mu house..Mu house!!!!” He lays his paws on the side of his head like he has now got the worse headache in his life.

Aric appears near Jaxson and blinks “Well...a tree fell in the woods but we clearly heard this one...are you ok good sir? Need any help, are you injured?”

A  squirrel meanwhile hears the badger and carefully walks to the edge of the ditch and gasps..”Oh....my....wait right thar, I am...will be right back!” He hurries towards a direction he knows his friend is in “Aric!!!Come here quick!!”

Xander only nodded and stayed where he was, not like he was going to be able to go anywhere anyways. Also he forgot his blade and maybe that was all well and good but..forgetting his thick cloak and going with a lighter one...was not well planed.

Jaxson blinks “Do it blooming LOOK like I be ok..ya crazy..”He turns when he sees the fellow squirrel and rolls his eyes “Another crazy beast out innna a storm, least I had shelter..note..HAD!” Yes he is grumpy then wouldn't you be as well?

Aric turns quickly “Is it Luna? You found her?” His heart hopes he did, it's all he can do is hope.

The squirrel shakes his head and frowns “No..s..sorry sur...but a beast needin' help...a badger sur.” He points the direction “No sign of Luna..I am..sorry”

Xander sighs as he tries to get further up, again making it only a little closer to the top, and slipping again. He frowns shivering a little and gasps as the root he was holding breaks and he slides down..down to the icy snowy ditch water with a scream!

Jaxson frowns “Badger?...has ta be either Xander or maybe Krisha..”He knows  it be rare for Oz to be outside the abbey...right?

Aric frowns but quickly goes to where the badger is and is soon by the ditch, he heard the scream and then seen him hit the ditch water and so dived in without a thought and grabbed Xander pulling him to the surface of the water and swimming to a slightly lower area of the ditch that has a bit of a slope to climb up it better.”Got ya...I got ya..come on let's get you warmed up..some mushroom soup, hope you like it it's...all my group has.”

The squirrel catches up and frowns till he sees his friend and goes to also help.”Also got a wee bit of dandelion wine...and guess water after melting some snow.”

Xander allows the help and nods “TH..Thanks...s..sir” He serious needs out of his wet clothing and warmed up.

Jaxson frowns “Xander.....you look like you fought some horde of beasts and lost..badly.” He goes to follow them.
Aric nods and gets the badger a large dry blanket to wrap around himself and the tunic and cloak is set over a 2nd fire to get dryed. The main fire is good and warm for the group, hot mushroom soup is passed around as well as water and Dandelion wine and some leftover candy walnuts as well. But it's something as their supplies are so very very low.”Did ya happen to see a dibbun out there..a beaver...please?”

Xander sips some soup “I..didn't...I am..sorry”He coughs a little and frowns.

Jaxson sits down “We should like...get to Redwall..lot freaking warmer, oh by de way my house like..tis gone, tree sort of fell and..yeah my house is a pile of wooden boards and tree limps..and a table..a chair....bed...few odds and ends..my fave chair..but hey..I am alive so that's good...can we make it alive and..warm sir?”

A squirrel asks “Redwall...what is..Redwall?”

Aric half listens and sighs sadly a few tears, his Luna..where is she..is she...dead or alive, then he does hear Redwall..”Redwall?...How close is it?” If nothing else it would be warmer and maybe they could help him find Luna.

Xander answers “Redwall..Abbey....south a little ways, yeah should go there.”

Jaxson is clearly for this idea “Can we go now..before it gets worse or.....”And the wind howls...blows...out the campfire as well as the other....”Never mind...got worse”

The mice and squirrels gasps and frown, there will be no way they can get that fire started again, their only hope was to go to the abbey, a squirrel confirmed it was seen very close. The supplies are locked in the cart, it would have to remain here and hopefully be safe...lives were more important after all.

Aric nods “Let's go..maybe they can help find Luna”

Xander nods “I am sure..the abbot will.”He likely will need to see a healer, and be in the infirm a couple days but it's ok. He looks at his paw and decides it's likely good as feeling is back in his fingers now...well one on his left paw might not have feeling fully back.”Let's go...maybe half an hour walk...”

Ends up being 35 minute walk but they all get there safe and sound, Healers checked everyone out to make sure they were ok, if they needed to stay in the infirm, they did.  But one is missing......Luna...

They could only hope where ever Luna was..

She was still alive......

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer