Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-12 07:30:37 PM

Rudolfo And Alts

Talk Of A Death and Wanting Revenge- LP LOG

Who:

Rudolfo- Fighter and Private in LP

Felicity- Corpial and Runner in LP

Zolomon- Private First Class and Runner in LP

Crevan- Dibbun Fox

Hawkeye- Old Otter

Orel- Seer Rat

Carran- Rabbit from a ship

Log:

Its one of the less busy times of the day. The lunch crowd has left with a few still here finishing up, a passed out rat in one corner of the tavern, they clearly got drunk too early, and the otter Hawkeye is clearing tables of plates and mugs and taking the plates and mugs off to be washed. A rat maid helped clean the tables and a couple chairs also. A ferret is sweeping the floor.

Zolomon slowly walks into the tavern. He had to get away for a short while, he needed time to think and even was told by the Badger Lord himself to take a couple days off, so he came here and sits down simply staring at the counter top.

Rudolfo decided to follow his fellow hare, did he have a day off? ..Nope but he has his reasons as he looks around and when he finds Zolomon he sits beside him "Hey..thought be best ta check on ya, and the whole shouldn't go off walking alone right now, and not just cause it's better to travel in group of at least two..but...well..."He closes his mouth unsure weather to clearly say mental state may not be the best, yeah best to be careful.

Felicity has also followed the Privates, and she enters the tavern a little out of breath and a tad on the huffy side. "There y'2 are, f'the love...." She sits on Zolomon's other side and rests her forehead on the counter. "Tripped on every blasted pebble in the street. Nevah done that afore...." She doesn't chastize them for wandering off alone or anything, even though as their superior, she has the right to.

Hawkeye walks over and tilts his head at Zolomon "Ok, yer quiet..why ya so quiet your usually all talkative and asking for a drink and what ever to eat..." He nods to Felicity and chuckles slightly. "So drinks...meal?"

Zolomon shrugs "I...sure an ale is good and maybe soup and a roll and I don't have a reason to be...happy" He sits up better to salute Felicity "Corporal Felicity...sorry..should of said be here, I do have a couple days...off"

Rudolfo speaks "I was following him, ya know buddy system and all is a good thing."He blinks, oh yeah lunch "I..sort of already ate..but tea if there is any?"

Felicity waves a paw. "Oh, don't worry 'bout it, Rudolfo. Just next time, be sure to tell some beast in authority, alright? I told the Sergeant, so we should be fine." Turning to the otter, she adds, "Salad, rolls, soup, tea, pie, an' some fried fish, please. I need a snack to tide me ovah until tea time." Turning to the other Runner, she nods. "'Tis alright, y'got a lot on y' mind. Just try t'remembah f'next time and it'll all be good."

Hawkeye blinks and shrugs "Ok so..one hare seems ta still be a hare.."He does notice Zolomon seems just..off somehow and so after he returns with the food and drinks he asks "Ok..what is with de quietness, ya think after couple weeks ago ya be all talkative and happy"He smirks "Too many chores or get in trouble somehow?" It's not like he follows Long Patrol news, the Long Patrol rarely comes here too much anymore or when thy do its to eat and leave on days off.

Zolomon drinks half of the ale before he speaks "She..she was murdered, she's gone..she's dead."He snorts "I told his Lordship I would likely be in Halyard maybe, that I didn't know fer sure." Another long drink of the ale and he does lay down any needed coins.

Rudolfo sighs, he just wanted tea...that's all, not his fault he ate before he came, "I could eat some...salad guess" He says, he frowns at Zolomon"Just don't go off hunting by ya self..we..we don't need..."

Felicity smiles. "Aye, an' I won a bet against a dumb Recruit I brought 'ere, so I can eat t'm' 'eart's content, wot!" Or her stomach's content, as the case may be. "Please be a bit more certain next time, then. That's all I ask. As 'e's sayin'," she points to Rudolfo, "we don't need you dyin', too. And Tarsa wouldn't want that. She'd want y'to work with a team, bein' careful an' not takin' unnecessary risks."

Hawkeye gets the salad and frowns "Tarsa...died?" He spoke to her a couple times but he knows Zolomon talked of her often "I am..."He frowns "I am sorry to hear it..any ideas who did it or why..what happen?"

Zolomon snorts as he eats his soup and rolls and speaks "Black rose...a flower left behind, tis the Blackrose's calling card...they did it in Mossflower too as I read a blooming lot about them. And if there is still Blackrose beasts around they will be hunted down and slain..after they beg to be slain that is but I may make them wait...then slay them the fools..the rotters..the scumfurs...gonna pay"The voice tone shows he means business. A long sip of ale and he orders another.

Rudolfo frowns and decides to..scoot over a chair from Zolomon as he pays attention to Felicity now, "Of course, no one else needs found dead, we need to all be careful and..smart on this." Ok Zolomon is creeping him out a little "Maybe a...plan of action..plans are good"

Felicity starts to dig in to her meal of salad, soup, fried fish, and rolls, saving her pie for last. Stress makes her kind of hungry. Sipping her tea, she says, "'Nough o' that, Zolomon. I undahstand that you're angry and 'eartbroken, an' y' 'ave every right t'be. But y'are not gonna do this alone, and we are not gonna torture anybeast! That's what evil creatahs do, and we're /supposed/ t'be bettah than that, wot! Now, then, you are goin' to lay off those plans or I'm gonna suggest that y'get left at Salamandastron when we 'unt 'em down. We'll do this in the way the Long Patrol would do." Her voice also communicates that she means business. Softening, she adds, "If y'did all that, with no mercy, what would y'Redwall friends think? I mean, really, truly...what would they think? Would they even recognize you as the 'are they love an' miss?"

Hawkeye takes a deep breath and just shakes his head .He gets his cane and decides to step around to where Zolomon is. He is walking a lot better but it's clear he is going to have a limp and need the cane for the rest of his life."Ok look...lad..I can easily knock sense into that head of yours. I knocked sense into a badger one time..."He remembers even if was a few seasons ago. "O may be retired but when I was able ta fight I didn't go off LOOKING fer trouble, I tried ta stay clear of it, didn't always work."

Zolomon speaks quietly"The abbey is not a group of fighters and warriors....and the long Patrol needs to show these...vermin on the shores you DON'T mess with us, we fight back and we make them pay for wot they did we don't hide or just back off like dibbuns"

Orel walks out of the kitchen carrying a platter laden down with more fresh roles, a slab of butter and a side of toasted seaseme seeds and beans mixed together. He sets it down on the table the hares are sat at the bar rat looks around at the youngsters, idly playing with the stone tied on a thong around his neck, "Fresh rolls, compliments of the boss," He inclines his head and turns to make his way back toward the bar.

Rudolfo listens to the old otter and looks back to Zolomon "Well..yes the Long Patrol do need to show vermin we mean business wot, but we also need a plan of action...a plan of what ta do..how ta do it so no one else dies....plans are good."

Felicity rolls her eyes and finishes her salad and soup. Scooting away with her tea, rolls, pie, and fish, she gestures at the otter. "Go f'r it." Looking away, she adds, "Y'seem t' 'ave forgotten about DoraRose and Xandah and them! They're fightahs who'd prob'ly be smackin' y'right now! UGH, y'need mental 'elp...."

Hawkeye mutters something, he is not happy right now.."Look..listen. One goin' off alone..bad idea...even with friends unless ya have a good plan...bad idea. Ya said tis maybe the Blackrose? Thought they were taken' care of lad...and if they are not"Ok think, "I agree they need..taken out but it's not like ya can hunt them down and be like oh look there they are...slay them and skip away home."He frowns "Espailly if that..marten is still around, is he?"

Zolomon frowns "I..I don't know who but tis that group read enough ta know..left a single black rose flower with dead.."He frowns "It's like they want others ta know when a death is their blooming fault and I don't know I don't remember seeing him when we burned down the one base they had...it wasn't very large so me guess is survivors moved it..somewhere"

Crevan enters the tavern quickly closing the door behind him, first he notices Hawkeye and starts to walk towards him but stops when he starts talking, the young fox completely oblivious as to what is going on waiting a few seconds before he starts to walk towards grabbing onto his tail "Are there more bad vermin about papa?"

Orel sighs and turns back, his rounded ears laying back, "You would do well to heed the words of your friends hare... the fated path stretching out ahead of you if you go off alone is not a welcome omen" He stares down at Zolomon, paws tucked into the pocket of his apron, "It is not sure or death but much worse and a darker path one would be best suited to avoiding, such organized vermin will not be vanquished alone."

Rudolfo listens "That creepy eyed one with purple eyes? He wasn't there when you got me outta thar, he had left...that's not good means he could still be alive and trust me you don't want to look that marten in the eyes...bad BAD idea, he..does things to beasts..its like he controlled them or something"

Hawkeye shakes his head, he smiles at Crevan and looks at the hares "Marten with...strange eyes.."He frowns, "He was ere' one day...but I do not remember much was gonna tell him to leave and then I am feeling dizzy and in a back room and the marten was..gone."

Zolomon glaces at the rat and snorts slightly. He looks at the others "Know one beast who likely can go...take them out...stupid vermin scum"Ok he is still clearly not himself right now "We can't just let them think they won either...."

Rudolfo frowns as one ear droops down "Who? And still.....the marten is dangerous"

Orel sighs and shakes his head and turns away, the hare is young and imperious and they aren't likely to listen to the rat working the bar so he heads on back behind it.

Crevan keeps a hold of Hawkeye tail but doesn't really say anything else for right now

Felicity has quietly finished the rest of her food, savoring each bite of pie. Politely stacking her empty dishes, she slides them away from her, sipping her tea. Rolling her eyes at the other Runner's comment's, she waits until he answers Rudolfo's question, then sets the cup down and goes to grab his ear and twist it. "You're such a nincompoop! So 'elp me, I'm gonna 'ave t'resort t'lettin' my superiahs know ye're wantin' to risk beasts live in the pursuit of revenge, icludin' y'own! For the love of everythin'...."

Hawkeye shakes his head"Who go off...will knock sense into them too"He sits down...moody right now and sighs, its only half way through the day and he wants the rest of the day off.

Zolomon glares slightly at Felicity and just drinks his 2nd ale, "Just sent someone in with his war hammer..bet that work" He then just is quiet and back to looking at the counter top.

Crevan moves to climb up into Hawkeye's lap "Is Mister Zolomon being a bad hare papa?" He asks making sure to sit on the otter's good leg "I'm not sure what he is talkin' about but he sounds like a dibbun thowing a temper tantrum."

Rudolfo finally drinks some of his tea and looks at the fox dibbun and tries to hid a chuckle.

Orel chuckles at Crevan's words and leans against the bar, just content to watch this little drama play out for now.

Hawkeye speaks "He is....not himself. Hopefully he will recover from this"He thinks on the hare's words "I am sure even he would have a plan of action. if he doesn't...well I can knock sense into him too"

Felicity continues to do her best to twist Zolomon's ear to an uncomfortable angle. "Don't talk 'bout Lord Ciocan that way! May'aps I should report y'behaviour to 'im personally. Y'little idiot.....we can't just go off like that! We need a plan that consists of somethin' more than 'kill all evil ones'!"

Zolomon yelps as his ear is grabbed and twisted, "Hey...let go of me ear, that's me only ear I need me ear" He goes to yank it away "And if I wanna go hunt down murders I should be able ta..let go!!"

Rudolfo frowns "Umm...."Maybe he should leave, he seems to seriously decide on it as he just drinks his tea..nothing to see here..drinking tea and not getting involved.

Crevan frowns and listens to Zolomon talk before looking up at Hawkeye "What do you mean Mister Zolomon is not him self papa?"

Carran's ship has just made port at the village docks and as is traditional first port of call is the tavern. The rabbit walks in, happy for a decent drink after weeks on ship and then suddenly grinds to a halt at the sound of the disagreement. He stops in the doorway for a moment trying to decide if the drink is worth it before he cautiously heads for the bar, giving the hares a wide berth and a funny look.

Felicity keeps a firm grip on her fellow Runner's ear, ignoring both rabbit and fox. "No, y'shouldn't! We need every blasted 'are th'Patrol can get, so we can't 'ave you just runnin' off willy-nilly an' gettin' yerself murdered or worse, wot!"

Orel has decided to ignore the long patrol, ignoring the long patrol when having an internal spat is a good thing as far as he is concerned. He walks along behind the bar and grins at Carran, "Afternoon matey, welcome ta the Halyard inn, what can i get you to drink?"

Hawkeye shakes his head "He....is ill with grief and not thinking clearly."And then he just raises his cane to bonk Zolomon on the head,not super hard but enough to hurt a bit "Don't yell and complain to those ranks above you boy"

Zolomon blinks and seems to, sort of..come to his senses and glares at the otter "Hey, that hurt and wot are we supposed ta do sit around and twitter our thumbs and sing a song?!..They murdered Tarsa , they need to pay..they need stopped"

Crevan ears drop when he hears this "Miss Tarsa is dead?" He asks Hawkeye in a quiet voice a few tears fall from his eyes.

Rudolfo is surprised when his fellow hare is basically...well ...yeah, he frowns and starts to speak and then just stays quiet, it's better to be quiet right now.

Carran keeps an eye on the hares as he takes a seat at the bar. His attention is taken when Orel speaks to him. He looks less than please at the piratey look but tries not to frown at the locals "Ale" His ear twitches as the conversation turns to someone murdered "Wha's goin' on?" He quietly asks the bar rat.

Felicity still keeps a hold on the Private's ear as she nods her thanks to the otter. "Yes, but in an orderly, planned, feuled-by-teamwork-an'-justice sorta a way. Not yer run-off-and-enact-revenge sorta way, laddie buck!" She scowls slightly. "An' aye, don't sass beasts. Show some respect." Yes, staying quiet is probably a good plan right now...

Hawkeye nods slowly "It..seems so but I have no details of what all happen but yes she is dead, just promise to not head back to the hut by yourself or if you do, be extra careful Crevan"

Zolomon snorts and finally gives up trying to yank his ear away but he is still in a foul mood "I need another ale.....and still want to stab...something...."

Orel the rat takes a surprisingly clean tankard and starts to pour ale into it from one of the large barrels set up behind the bar, he makes sure to keep his voice low so it doesn't carry, "Not too sure, sounds like some vermin killed the young bucks sweetheart and he's all a muster for rafe and vengeance," He sets the tankard on the bar, "That's two copper for the ale, want anything out of the kitchen? We've got some good soup on the go and fresh bread."

Crevan frowns a few more tears falling from his eyes not saying anything for a few seconds before looking up at Hawkeye "OK papa......should I come to the tavern when you go to work to.......I don't want to be alone."

Rudolfo says, "So...we gonna think up a plan on wot ta do? Should we see if his Lordship has some ideas?"

Carran leave a couple of coins on the bar and takes his drink "Murderin' vermin on the shore, just wha' y'want ta hear of the day y'get in ta town" He mutters back. He eyes the rat at the offer of food. He's reasonably hungry but shakes his head "Nah. Maybe later"

Felicity shakes the pointer finger of her free paw at her captive. "No more ale f'you, wot! I don't need a drunk on m'paws!" Glancing at the otter, she sighs. "M'parents an' m'brothah all died within a few day of each othah. I wanted to 'unt down the few searats who 'ad escaped, but I refrained when wisah, oldah 'ares told me 'twould only lead t'me death! So I stayed for m'sistah. She needed me. Think o' ya friends, Zolomon! We need you. The Patrol needs you. Ye're allowed to be angry and sad and want to hit beasts, but please don't go runnin' off an' gettin' yerself killed." Glancing at the other Private, she adds, "Aye, we need t'talk to our superiahs an' maybe even 'is Lordship, too, and make a plan! We absolutely should NOT do it on our own, without their input and knowledge."

Hawkeye hmms as he first speaks with the fox "Maybe...we will see."He looks at the hares "Yeah I am sure your..Badger Lord is thinking of a good plan for what to do and how to do it so no lives are lost in doing so ..."

Zolomon sighs and just seems to shut up. He takes a few deep breaths like he is trying to not scream, yeah juts breath in and out repeatedly and then start to sob in front of every beast. Ok so his ear is still held, that's fine, he seems to care less now. It seems his focus on being here is blurred now.

Orel says, "Fair enough matey," Orel nods, "I know most of you still consider me vermin but I am no happier about this then tha rest of ya. Is bad for the village murdering folks up and down the beach, we have no proper walls or protection here in town."

Carran tries not to look at the crying hare, that's uncomfortable enough as it is. He focus on Orel instead and decides to hell with it. He raises his glass to the rat "Aye and if ya didn't look exactly like the folk wha' try ta kill me an' me crew on the regular out at sea I might consider listenin' ta tha'" he nods and gets up "Instead I'm goin' ta sit over there an' leave ya...and wha'ever tha' is" he gestures to the hares "Ta ya business" he says as he leaves the bar and heads for a table in the corner instead.

Felicity relaxes as her fellow Patroller starts to cry. Finally, he's not acting like a maniac. She goes to hug him, releasing his ear. "I'm sorry. This shouldn't've 'appened. It's so wrong. I wish life could be different. 'Tis alright, I got you." She sighs and finally looks around the room. Oh, there's a rabbit! When did he get here?

Hawkeye looks down at Crevan as the fox falls asleep, he sighs "I think I may take the rest of the day off after all...been too long and tis only half over with so far"

Zolomon sniffs "Should of went also..should of been thar...was supposed ta be a simple check on something with a couple other privates and be back...don't stay up...yeah see ya in morning probably....."He wipes away tears and allows the hug "Worse..morning of...life"

Orel shakes his head in bemusement, "I've seen plenty o woodlanders dressed worse than me, mishaps dun judge a beast on his clothing," He tips a finger to his forehead, "Ave a good day," He moves along the bar, tidying up as he goes, very little drags Orel down.

"Better judgin' than dead" Carran mutters back as he settles in to this new chair and focuses on his drink. He keep an ear out for the hares in case he can glean information on who he should be avoiding but he wants nothing to do with quests for revenge or crying bucks and steers clear.

Felicity shakes her head. "There's no shoulds or should nots 'ere. We cannae tell the future. It is what 'tis, an' we're just left 'avin' to cope. There's nothin' y'could've done, Zolomon. Now y'just 'ave the choice o' seekin' revenge....or livin' in a mannah that would make 'er proud." She grabs her tea, finishes it in one gulp, then sets it down and pulls out a hankerchief and hands it to the crying buck.

Hawkeye speaks "Revenge is never good thing, makes one mind cloudy and one don't think clearly in a fight and that causes mistakes one normally wouldn't do."

Zolomon sniffs and wipes his eyes, silent again, he sniffs again and frowns"Those vermin still need to pay...tis all I have to say...all have to..say..."He is tried, it's clear he hasn't sleep since he learned the news and that was a couple days ago.

Felicity nods. "Aye, they do oneed t'be stopped afore they 'urt anybeast else." She stands and goes to tug the Runner along with her. "I say, m'good sah," she addresses the rat. "Where would be a good place f'us to spend the night 'ere in town? Oh, an' 'ere's the pay f'me food." After paying for her food and drink and getting directions, the hare maid goes to lead the Privates under her charge there, where they can spend the night and then head home in the morning.

Felicity nods. "Aye, they do need t'be stopped afore they 'urt anybeast else." She stands and goes to tug the Runner along with her. "I say, m'good sah," she addresses the rat. "Where would be a good place f'us to spend the night 'ere in town? Oh, an' 'ere's the pay f'me food." After paying for her food and drink and getting directions, the hare maid goes to lead the Privates under her charge there, where they can spend the night and then head home in the morning.

Zolomon blinks and is sort of half there, clearly needs some sleep.."Rest..sleep...why sleep...sleep who?" Yeah and once in the room he has he is asleep seconds after his head hits the pillow

Last edited by Rudolfo And Alts (2019-01-12 07:31:13 PM)

My Alts: 
Rudolfo-LP Hare Private and Fighter
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

Board footer