Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-28 02:51:18 PM

Leon

Leon Wakes Up-Redwall Log

Redwall Log
Leon-Brother and Master Healer of Redwall
Oz-Badger Mother of Redwall
Gorvenalus -Beaver
Rascal-Fox
Rayen-Fox

RW Abbey: Infirmary
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several beds are lined against the red sandstone walls of the Abbey's Infirmary. An examination table, separated from the rest of the room by hanging blankets, rests against the far wall.  Tucked into a small alcove is a sizeable workbench with various containers for mixing and preparing medicinal compounds.  Against another wall is a desk for use by the Infirmary Keeper.  A curtained off alcove behind the desk hides a locked door to the Infirmary's supplies and linens.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The infirm is quiet, well somewhat as the Master Healer finally opens his eyes and blinks a few times. He looks around as it he is confused on how he got here, and more so on why his foot paw is bandaged in a splint, as well as his arm is in a splint, the arm where his paw is missing.

What a fine time to wake up to the sight of a fox! Stretched out on a bed besides the mouse is a fluffy red fox. Rascal's stomach looks particularly swollen and heavy. It looks like Brookshire isn't the only beast to occasionally overdo it on Redwall's food and wine. Rascal mumbles to himself, "Lousy healers...lousy bed side manor. Hey! What does a beast have to do to get some service around here! I'm dying here!"   

Leon groans as he looks over at Rascal...."W.."He coughs roughly "Happen....who?" He looks at Rascal, and then frowns, again looks around the infirm.   

The fox slumps into his bed, arms crossed and pouting that healers are focusing on patients with lesser, life threatening injuries rather than tending to every care or whim of the glutton here with a stomach ache. "Lousy Redwallers. This is all cause I'm a fox and..." he glances at Leon. "Oh howdy. Don't worry. You're going to be fine. You only died." He says casually. "Welcome to the great infirm of the Dark Forest!"

Leon blinks, "I....feel dead....and don't think they have an infirm..what happen, why am I in here?" Well he is a healer "Like...this?" He groans, trying to remember "And who the heck are you fox?"   

"Who am I? WHO AM //I//?" The fox thinks for a moment, his urge to cause trouble growing with his ire. Although impersonating a deity would probably get him thrown out of an abbey...as much fun as it would be. "Call me Rascal. And you're right, I'm sure the BLAZES would have better service than this!" he says loudly so other healers might hear him.   

Leon tenses, the fox is too loud "Lower...volume please....Rascal?..Ok why are you here?" He sits up and quickly decides bad idea and lays back down   

"A fair question. Why are we all here?" The fox comments, waving a paw idly in the air, "Are we here by some miserable chance or was there some intelligent hand in...oh you mean here. In the infirm. Well I imagine it's because you are unwell." Rascal laughs, "Probably not a good idea to store all the sick people down in the library, right?"   

Leon says, "This is the infirm "Good he knows that, he frowns, "I got injured..how I don't..remember."

The fox shrugs, "Eh, it's Redwall. It happens. Place is designed like a death trap really. All these walls pressing us in, keeping us confined here. All these stairs, all these narrow doorways." Rascal cringes, clutching his over fed tummy. "Making their food so tasty. I can blame my situation on the cooks for making the food too good not to eat, right?"   

Leon sighs, "Then...stop eating it....Friar...Friar Lacota will get annoyed if you over eat...but I don’t...have a reason to be injured..last I remember I was...let’s see...some archer tried to shoot someone off the wall tops, but failed"   

"If he didn't want me to eat too much then he shouldn't have made it so tasty." The fox says in reply, as if his logic is unmistakably sound. Rascal swings his legs over the side of the bed with a grunt of effort. "Sounds like an interesting story. Maybe you're the one they were shooting at?"   

Leon shakes his head "No...it was Oz I remember..shoulder out of place...then not much else..wait I took inventory of the infirm gave it to...Elmef..That’s all"   

The fox rubs his chin while he says, "I do remember that Oz was wearing a sling the other day...and missing his staff." He looks to the mouse. "Maybe you're the one that stole his staff! And he knocked you down the steps for doing so!"   

Leon glares "Why would I take his staff...and Oz is missing his staff?”   

The fox just stares blankly. "I don't know." He shrugs, "You're the one who stole his staff, not me. Talk of all the abbey it is! Or is it?" The fox rubs his chin before chuckling, "Honestly so many words come out of muzzle these days even I can't remember what I made up and what I didn't."   

Leon sits up a little "And who said I fell down stairs..maybe something else happen, just need to remember what it was...I miss anything else, how long have I been in the infirm like this?"   

"You? Let's see. No more than 2...maybe 3..." The fox thinks for a moment before leaning forward with a very serious look on his face. "/Years/."   

Leon frowns, but then the fox can't be serious...can he? "What...but That’s not possible...your lying"   

"Oh. /AM/ I?" The fox steeples his paws, wicked grin on his face. "How would you ever know? It could even be DECADES. MWhahahahahhaHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!"   

"You've been here a couple of weeks." Says a hamster in a healer robe as she walks past. "Now lay back down before you hurt yourself hun and ignore this one. He suffers from being an idiot."   

The fox looks completely disappointed. "Oh sure, spoil the only fun I have had in weeks." He pouts.   

Leon sighs, he then glares at the fox and then frowns " 2 weeks! Dora must be worried sick"

"Dora? Oh! The mouse warrior, yeaaaaaaaaah, it might be best to just go ahead and slip into another coma again." The fox says with a friendly smile. He struggles to get back to his feet where he stretches out the kinks in his back. "If you excuse me I am going to get a second opinion on my condition from the kitchen. Maybe the shrews outside won't recognize me if I can't fit through the gates, right?" There is some bitterness to his laughter.   

Leon frowns "What do you mean....did something happen to Dora in the past two weeks....." And he is sitting up and trying to stand "You..-BETTER- tell me right now." He stands....and falls flat on his face tensing up in pain when he jolts his arm.

The fox smiles again, turning to make a grandees bow on his exit from the infirm. "Oh I'm sure she's fine. I haven’t seen her about for a while. I just meant it might be better for YOU to slip into a coma than deal with her WRATH. You know how she gets." Rascal laughs before turning for the door, "Get well soon~ You will need all the energy to escaaaaape Dora~"   

Leon glares from the floor, yes he is on the floor as he sits up "Owwww....get back here Rascal..."   

Oz frowns as the fox brushes past him, "What is going on..Leon?" He quickly walks over and finds Leon..on the floor and goes to gently help him back to a bed "Leon...your awake, why are you on the floor?"   

Leon sighs as he is helped back to the bed, he frowns "Oz....your be truthful, was I really here for 2 weeks?"   

Oz says, "Yes...and the abbey has been worried. I am glad your awake....do you remember what happen?"   

Leon shakes his head "No...last thing remember is when you got hurt on the walltops and I got inventory of the infirm after that, gave it to Elmef...and suddenly I am in here....2 weeks." He frowns "Dora...where is Dorarose...please tell me she is ok and don't say she is fine if she isn’t fine"   

Oz waits to speak "Relax, she ins hurt, she is alive...she is very worried about you, in fact I think Angela has keep her from being in here all the time...Angela has helped in the infirm, as well as a couple others when Anglea was unable, I helped some yesterday but Xander is here..was helping him."   

Leon relaxes and nods "Good...wait I remember Xander was...think missing...or what happen, is he ok? I miss anything important?"   

Oz sits down "I am unsure what all happen to Xander, I will ask later he is resting.....well Quade tried to poison me, luckily I didn’t drink the tea he offered....let’s see, also my staff is missing...well was it was found broken and..."He frowns as something dawns on him "Oh....my...    “

Leon blinks "Oh my what...what is it...Oz....?" Ok make him worry, worry is bad.   

Oz answers "Xander mutters something about thinking I was dead....someone, probably Quade....makes sense my staff was broken on purpose, not sure on the blood but that would make someone think I was dead and Quade tried to make it be for real with that tea" And now he is leary of tea and decided it be wise to get totally new tea. He is just not sure how yet to get some." Also you were found unconcious at the bottom of the stairs."   

Leon frowns, "Bottom of the stairs...I fell?" He sighs "Anything else....any news on Benar or Lillymoore...no one else is missing or...are they?"   

Oz says, "A beaver, forgot his name.....he was a captive and seen Benar, Benar is alive. There is also someone named Minsc and Marek is a captive as well." He sighs sadly" Novice Ted was found dead...also..."He shakes his head, "And there is reason to believe you were pushed down the steps, most likely Quade..we found out he lied to us, he may of tried to harm Lacota or Magramba if he had been given the chance...there is no other news that I know of...."

Leon nods, he notes the pause "Who else died? I do remember Zinnia died....who else Oz..please."   

Oz feels some tears "Juliana...someone found her...she died later in the infirm. I don’t know if Quade is the cause or not but if he is...to kill a dibbun is the worse crime ever."   

Leon says, "I 'm sorry Oz...so Quade lied..where is he now, any ideas..clues?"   

Oz shakes his head "No he got out right before we found out the tea was poisoned that I had....so I was a little leary of any other mint so told them to toss the rest, wasn’t too much left but we are out of mint now."   

Leon nods "Mint isn’t a serious need...mainly used to flavor herbal mixtures, it does help stomach aches, also can help sore joints..well the oil does and course some like it in tea....the abbey can do without mint for a few days if needed. Its most likely dangerous for just anyone to go out."   

Oz says, "Yes we can do that. The only ones in the infirm now are Xander..Rayen...That’s all...well Rascal seemed to of been here and left"

Leon asks, "Rayen is still unconcious I am guessing or did she wake up?"   

Oz says, "Sadly still unconcious, I am unsure why."   

Leon frowns, "Wonder if Quade has anything to do with that too"   

Oz shrugs "It’s hard to say...Rayen was found seriously injured, seemed she was getting better then suddenly not getting better" He frowns "Was Quade ever in the infirm? Like helping or anything?"   

Leon says, "I don't know, he may of been in here a couple times....and that's bad if he was, but then...wouldn’t he of tried to just finish me off?"

Oz says, "Maybe not right away....like when he put whatever in my tea...I was told it would of been like a heart attack seemly, and I have a feeling it wouldn't of happen right away."

Leon glances over at where Rayen is and frowns, he would stand again but he is still a bit dizzy, “If Quade has...poisons...maybe he DID try and use them on me or Rayen or both, but it is different or..something..I don’t know, make it look like slowly passed away in the infirm from injuries."

Oz says, "I don’t know much on...poisons...just some work quicker than others"   

Leon says, "Some just make one ill and can slowly work their way out of the body....very slowly but there are side effects still. Just depends on what and how much used....." He thinks and slightly frowns “Falling down the steps might knock one out a couple weeks...but maybe something else keep me....out a bit longer"

Oz nods "Maybe....but if he used anything it was very low or you be dead....and so would Rayen by now but she has been in her faint longer.   

Leon says, "I wish someone knew about Quade...but he isn’t even from this area"   

Oz says, "Quade tended to keep his life quiet...gee wander why" He mutters" there is little to know, anything he did say could of been a lie"   

Gorvenalus enters the room upon hearing voices and frowns "Quade, always had his way of twisting the truth...."He looked around and blinks when he seen the vixen "She is...here?"   

Leon looks over at the beaver, ok he is new "Who are...you know Rayen, how????"

Oz says, "A friend, he was one of the captives that escaped...wait how do you know Rayen?"   

Gorvenalus studies her "She was there...working for Quade, but I don’t think by her own choice...I had wondered what happen, she mentioned to him she would expose him and then nothing seemed to come of it....oh my Quade must of did this, attacked her like this"   

Leon says, "What do you know of Quade sir....anything would help"

Gorvenalus says, "He lies, he tricks..he twists the truth and would do anything for power, he is not against killing to get his way or making sure one doesn’t get to tell anyone, makes things look like accidents or makes it seem another did something." He frowns. "If he knows I live my life as well as your abbots life is in great danger...and my friend Minsc's life...as well"   

Oz says, "Do not worry, he won’t be allowed back in the abbey...we know, the guards know and we are going to send a note to Ferravale about him"   

Leon says, "Do you know anything about possible poisons he uses....he tried to use one in tea recently but failed"   

Gorvenalus frowns "Quade is very much knowledgeable, he has used..poison I believe..couple different kinds, maybe more...one can kill rather quickly, another can make one ill but enough could kill"   

Oz frowns "Like a weak poison to keep one in a faint?"   

Leon stays quiet, listening some...he frowns as he just woke from being in and out of coniousness  himself for the past two weeks.   

Gorvenalus frowns, without asking he looks through the cabinets and supplies, he frowns till he finds one most likely rarely used in the back, "May I...please...I know healing arts, I helped the Master healer in my own village..."He frowns "She was Minsc's mate....I also need some sort of alcohol, it  makes this a bit stronger."   

Leon nods...."What happen to her, was she poisoned?" Hey he is curious.   

Gorvenalus finds some and makes the mixture as he walks over to Leon, "If you have been in any faint or trouble regaining coniousness its possible Quade used a weak poison on you...possibly the vixen as well. any symptoms or anything...how long and has Quade done anything else?"   

Oz says, "Leon was in a light faint 2 weeks and still weak, he was pushed down steps...but being weak from just waking can or least seem normal...Rayen been in a lot deeper faint, for more like a month"

Gorvenalus nods and gets Leon some of what he has, "Drink it....I also added any charcoal...it may seem odd but helpful....your lucky Quade usually doesn’t want one around this long, maybe the so called accident on the steps made it look so, or he is being careful not to be exposed too soon, but too late for that now...."He frowns "Our Master Healer's name was Alice..she was found dead at her desk, her neck broke...Quade admitted to it later, after me and Quade were the last of our...home alive"   

Leon frowns, he does drink the mixture and speaks "I am sorry...Quade will be stopped I am sure of it"   

Oz says, "Yes the abbey knows he is not on our side"   

Gorvenalus nods "He will get more...dangerous, you need to be careful" He walks over to Rayen and frowns, "I am unsure how helpful this will be...she was seriously injured, he has clearly given her more....longer." He slowly gives her a little, it’s all there was after making sure Leon had a good dose "It also helps a lot better the quicker one gets aid...I can let one know what is needed....she may survive and she may not"   

Leon says, "I hope she does...we don't need any more death"

Oz says, "You and Minsc are welcome to stay in Redwall Gorvenalus, if you would like to call it home, think about it"   

Gorvenalus nods "I will my friend, let’s just hope history doesn’t repeat its self with Quade, the only good thing is he was found out a lot sooner here than in my home...there is a chance, there is hope."   

Leon asks, "Well we do have beasts to fight him, how many beasts work for him?"   

Gorvenalus says, "Quade has many, he recruits beasts when he loses some, others seemly hide in the woods or maybe that Ferravale place. A few he has are strong, like his new 2nd in Command...a dangerous beast, very skilled and more dangerous than the fox he had...whom I heard died, but makes sense with a new 2nd in command"

Oz says, "Yes Xander killed Bolt...Quade made it seem the fox was the leader of the group and in killing him we lost a way to find our abbot and any other captives.."

Gorvenalus says, "Quade is not a fool, he will move them elsewhere...most likely not too far from where they were but hopefully I can at least give you a general idea where he did have them, it’s hard to say, one entry was collapsed, but there were others...just it wasn’t the wisest tunnel to go down"   

Leon says, "Tunnels...that helps some anyways and we can still be told where you was and that could still help as you said he most likely moved them, probably at night or in these..tunnels to somewhere else but he couldn’t of moved them too far is my guess"

Oz says, "Leon is right"   

Gorvenalus says, "This is true, we do need to act soon but also plan"   

Leon decides to get some needed rest, least this time he knows he'll wake up easier./" Let Dorarose.....know I woke up....." He then lets needed sleep overtake him.

Oz nods "I can do that now...excuse me" He heads out   

Gorvenalus sits on a nearby cot and sighs, he lets quiet tears flow down his face remembering friends, worry over Minsc and worry over his new friends as well

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer