Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-28 09:46:04 AM

The_Brony_Marek

Who Are You?-Missing Abbot Log ?

Oz had his times he helped in the infirm, this was one of them. He got help to get the armor off Xander and change him into some nightshirt. He also asked someone to be kind enough as to clean the armor, maybe polish it and place in in a safe chest. He then fell asleep in a cot beside Xander.   

Xander whimpered in his fevered sleep, his leg and arm bandaged now and he severed every so often.   

Oz opens his eyes and listened, he sat up and layed a paw on Xander's forehead   

Xander fever was high and he shivered slightly in his faint, not a deep faint but still a faint as he muttered....."Soot...Darien...Powell......"   

Oz gasps slightly at the names, a small frown formed as he layed a fresh wet cloth on Xander's forehead.   

Xander groans, "Where...no...grandfather..."   

Oz stays by his side "I do not know whats going on Xander, but please wake up soon. Please...I don’t want you to leave, your too young yet to leave"   

A ghostly form shows up and a voice not heard in a long while" He's talking to our ancestors...this is something he needs to do on his own."

Xander seems to be staying in this faint for a little while, fever not going down as he fights this infection and mutters in his state of half there and half not.   

Oz grips the bed railing at the sound of the voice, he tilts his head " Why are you here...you’re not taking him so leave"   

His voice sighs, "I didn’t take anyone little bro...it was her time." He glances at Xander and back to Oz "It’s not his time...he will recover, if he so choices"   

Xander mutters again and whimpers...."What.....mean...know who am..."

Oz frowns in worry and then snorts, "Why?...whats all this have to do with anything?"   

His brother seems to frown, " Can't say....part of some destiny...just be there when he wakes up"

Xander shivers a little seeming to slip deeper into his faint, muttering again

Oz gets a worried look feeling Xander’s pulse and getting another wet rag for his forhead"Leon is not able to help right now and Angela can't do everything...."

The ghostly badger hovers over Xander and walks back over to Oz, " I have to go"

Xander whimpers a little, whatever is going on with him it’s hard to say, he seems stressed and then quiet, calm and then not calm.   

Oz takes Xander's paw, "Xander?..Please wake up" He  knows someone is still in the room , he can feel he is still in the room, even without the footpaws.."Zork...?"   

Zork ghostly form looks over at his brother, "Wot?" He asks calmly. “He will wake when he wakes..can't control that same as...told..someone else can’t control what happen, just help with comfort some"   

Xander is quiet but the up and down of his chest and the sounds of breathing show he is alive.   

Oz seems unsure what to say next, then he speaks "Thanks for being there for Zinnia..when she..."He closes his eyes and frowns." Just tell me...Xander will get through this or not....I can’t lose anyone else."   

He is quiet as if he left, then "Your welcome" He looks at Xander and then manages to ruffle Oz's head fur, “You’re not losing Xander Ozzy....one thing I know is when beasts are going to come to the dark forest and he's not on the list.....I knew Zinnia was....sides someone will need to lead the group....till we meet again, goodbye Ozzy" With that is does disappear.   

Oz sighs "Goodbye...Zork" He then lays a paw on Xander's paw and sighs a little, “I am here Xander...wake up when you’re ready ok"   

***** Xander’s Dream*****

== This is sort of cool to listen to as you read the dream part  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibNN2MrtjHM ==

=Quick note the phase at the end of the video is "Have faith and trust in yourself and make the journey"  There is a small typo made it it.==

Xander had been through a lot the past week, feeling like a failure and in his mind messing things up, it was his fault friends were dead and missing, is fault.

Where he was, was  misty and seemly cloudy. Lights here and there but not close to touch, and then some light shows a path, and another path with less light and some rocks and thorns. A voice speaks “Xander Winters..Who are you?”

Xander tenses up and looks around as he frowns “You..you answered your own question.” He walks a little but is unsure of a way to go “Where am I?”

A form shows itself, “That answers what you are not who you are lad.” A badger with wild head fur and has abbey brother robes on.

“Grandfather….your my…Grandfather, well maybe not by blood….” Xander says and walks over towards the other badger.

Zork nods “ Blood…adoption….it’s still family. Zork Winters…Brother Zork…warrior till I set aside me blade to become a Brother in Redwall, and an Elder till my death in the orchards” He watches the younger badger. “ I was a beast who fought and protected his friends, I still protected my family and friends even when I was a Brother in the order, I worked as a blacksmith for the abbey..trained another who sadly left, but they still have Magramba if needed…the abbey mainly makes tools, nails, keys  and sometimes pots and pans…never weapons or armor, even in times of war they rarely fix or make such things unless it’s a last choice and a have to.”

Xander frowns “I..am not even interested in being a blacksmith and..” He looks away “I failed as a warrior…I let anger get to me and cause of that Benar is dead and so are others.”

Zork is silent, then finally speaks, ” Benar isn’t dead…trust me I know who is dead and who isn’t”

Xander feels tears as he keeps looking at the ground, “I don’t know what to believe….Quade said….”

Zork shakes his head, “Mistake number one….letting others tell you who you are, they may help…others just led you on the wrong path…..choose wisely” With that  he vanishes leaving the young badger seemly all alone.

“Grandfather!! No don’t leave me here…don’t…” He drops to his knees and starts sobbing.

A paw lays on his shoulder “Xander….do not cry, get up its time to find out who you are.”

Xander eyes fly open and he is up in a heartbeat going to hug the owner of the voice “Uncle Zee…” If he is able he will hug him tightly and cry into his tunic.

Zee allows the hug and smiles “Hello Xander.” He hugs Xander and then gently  pushes him away, “Why have you forgotten your lessens?”

Xander blinks “Forgotten lessens?”

Zee sighs, “All the lessons you learned while looking for The Blade Of The Northwind Storms…You ever slowly left the right path and now are on the wrong.” He steps away and other badgers appear, all frowning.

Xander is confused and looks around “Who…”

“Shouldn’t you know, or have you forgotten?”

“The boy has forgotten”

“He has forgotten who he is”

“He has let the light of hope become no more than a barely lit spark”

Xander eyes widen.. ”Soot, Darien, Powell….wielders of The Blade  Of The Northwind Storms.”

“Least he remembers his history lessons Uncle Zee….there is hope” Zork says as he reappears.

“Grandfather….I..of”  He looks to Zee “Of course I remember history and I know who I am…I am Xander Winters…”

Zee speaks “That’s a title…what you are, not who you are. A name is a title, it doesn’t say WHO YOU ARE?”

Xander frowns and finally “Then how do I find out..Who I am then?”

Soot walked forwards and pointed down a path, the one with less light.

Xander frowned “But that path looks…bad, why not the other?”

Soot spoke “ Sometimes the right path is not always the easiest one lad”

Xander frowns more and looks at the path and takes a deep breath and heads down it.

The path is misty, dark…voices from the past are heard, past decisions  remembered as if reliving them again.

Xander gasps, he remembers the ship, the storm and whimpers like he rather run off the path but he stays, he remembers his birth father falling off the ship to his death, his mother and himself making it to shore on the west coast hours later only for her to die protecting him from the cold, the waves and the sea gulls. He shivers but then he remembers Zinnia risking her life to save his and getting him inside Salamandastron and adopting him, taking him to Redwall where he Meet Zee and Oz and learned to further read and write and first learned of the family blade. He smiles remembering friends he meet….reliving meetings of Dorarose, Scioto, Blisa, Benar and Marek, meeting Lacota and then members of the Defenders like Zolomon and Thunderwing.

Other things come and go, memories along the path he will see…all a part of him.

Xander almost trips once, but gets back up, he tenses as he feels pain…loss when Zee dies, when Zinnia dies and feeling loss when he thinks others he loves and cares for are dead. He shivers and starts to look loss again. He lays down and curls into a sort of fuzzy ball.

Zee stands nearby “Xander…you have to stand, I can’t make you…you have to choose on your own”

Xander looks over at Zee and feels tears as he stands slowly and shaky and looks forwards, he looks at the other badger. “I’m…afraid…”

Zee answers “It’s alright to be afraid, fear isn’t something bad. Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear”

Xander nods slowly, trying to understand, “I do remember your lessons Uncle Zee…but I wish you could of taught me more, I miss you”

Zee  is quiet before explaining, “….It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”

Xander smiles and looks at his uncle “I am Xander Winters….I train to be a warrior and I am a protector of family and friends, I am a friend…I am a nephew…I can also not let others get to me. I am..me, I don’t need to try and be anyone else”

Zee smiles at this, “You have what you need inside you lad, you just need to concentrate and your find it, the road may be hard..but no one said things were easy in life.”

Xander nods, he rushes over to give Zee one last hug and then runs down the path away from him.

*********End Dream ***********

It’s at this point he groans and opens his eyes, blinking noting he is in the infirm. He reaches out a paw to touch another paw nearby.

Oz wakes up, He has been here  since Xander was brought into the infirm, “Xander…your awake, I was so worried”

Xander weakly smiles and sits up to hug Oz, “I am glad you’re ok Uncle Oz, I didn’t mean to worry you I am so sorry.”

Oz smiles and returns the hug “Your forgiven, now please get some rest, would you like some food or drink?”

Xander nods, “Yeah…uncle Oz?”

Oz gets up and then stops at the door tilting his head “What is it Xander?”

“I love you Uncle Oz” He says

Oz smiles “Love you too Xander” He gets Xander some food and something to drink, staying with him till he falls asleep and then goes to tend to the dibbuns.

Zee smiles as he watches the two  from the dark forest, “Your do fine lad…your do fine”

The rest of the night  is calm, and Xander gets some well needed sleep, some peaceful sleep for the first time in days.

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2017-03-29 04:33:14 PM)

Board footer