Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-03 04:47:56 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

So, that got interesting (LP & Halyard log January 3, 2019)

SCENE: Halyard tavern

CHARACTERS:  Patch the male rat.  Felicity the female hare.  Taz the male marten.  Various spoofs.

LOG:
Patch is playing cards with a couple weasels and another rat as he chuckles and lays out cards "Again..I win, he hee...ya losers"

Felicity enters the tavern with a Private and a Recruit in tow.  "I don't /care/ whot the othah Corporals do.  I've got permission to train y'my way, an' that includes buyin' food on occasion an' learnin' about the customs o' the locals to try an' not offend them, if possible,"  She leads them to the bar, where the trio of hares sits down and starts looking at the menu.  The Runner informs her followers that they'll be paying for their own meals separately, which gets her some grumbles.  They quiet down when she gives them each a hard glare.

Patch looks over at the hares and snorts, "Anyways...tootles..."He stands with his, sort of well earned money and walks over to order a drink.

Taz enters the tavern and looks around with a smirk, a couple beasts move aside to let him pass as he walks along and towards the front to also order some ale.

The bar is suddenly being invaded by creatures wanting to buy things!  Felicity purses her lips slightly, especially when the marten shows up.  He looks familiar, like someone has described him to her... she shakes her head and nudges the other 2 hares.  "'Urry up an' ordah, then we'll move to a table to let othah beasts use these seats."  They nod, and once all 3 have ordered, they move to a nearby table that has just enough room for 3 beasts.  The Corporal watches the marten, eyes narrowed slightly.  She just has this feeling about him....  Nudging the Recruit and Private, she whispers to them so quietly that only they can hear (and she even has to repeat it, which gets an eyeroll out of her).  The Recruit starts to nervously look around, only to get smacked on the head by the Private, who scolds him.  Lissie pretends to not notice this.

Patch notices the marten as well and frowns, but decides to not do much as the hares are MUCH more interesting as he walks over "Its bunnys...how be de bunnys this fine afternoon?"

Taz looks at the hares as he gets his ale and drinks it slowly by half of the drink. He motions over a weasel and speaks quietly with them.

Felicity coldly considers the rat before her, the Private shushing the Recruit.   "M'deah rat, bunnies are baby rabbits, an' we are adult 'ares.  Please remembah this in th' futah.  Now, then, can we be of service t'you, wot?"

Patch says, "Oh just saying hi...I dont remember  you or..them but hey maybe can learn while I am around, the western shores maybe have some action or hope so hate to be bored and no  like odd jobs around..know any?""

Taz speaks as its a good tine to speak "I..may know of a fine job sir rat if you are...looking for one?" He grins "But 'tis best to talk away from..woodlanders"

Felicity tries to not be indignant.  "We're not woodlandahs, we're from the coasts."  The Recruit mutters "obviously" and gets smacked again by the Private just as their orders arrive.  The Corporal scowls in the general direction of the marten, but makes sure to not make eye contact.  If only the Long Patrol still had jurisdiction in Halyard...  "Some of Patrollahs aren't all hateful towards vermin species.  Per'aps we should talk a little more....I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch y'name.  I'm Corporal Felicity,"  the Runner holds out a paw to the rat, smiling slightly.

Patch is interested in a possible job "Job..what sort job...oh one second..hares..." He grins at the marten "Do..speak sir"

Taz goes to drag the rat a bit away, of course he can always pull away but a mutter seems to prove that unwise."Quiet...rat...and it's Taz do remember that...now my master is looking for beasts to join our group." He shows his tattoo and oh it may be familiar to the rat and he is careful to not let anyone but the rat see it.

Felicity watches this whole thing closely as she starts to eat.  You can bet your face she's suspicious.  "Hey, can I buy a beer?"  "NO.  You're in uniform, Recruit.  No alcohol allowed while on duty.  Now shush an' eat y'food."  While the younger hare fumes for having his dumb idea shot down, the Corporal and the Private hold a whispered conversation while keeping a covert watch on the 2 vermin in question.

Patch snorts "Watch de fur ya rot..."  He does listen and his eyes widen at the tattoo, "Oh...ummm well, I could get back to ya on that note...right?Think on it a wee bit?"

Taz watches them quietly "Maybe...it is an important decision after all...maybe life or death choice in fact so...think and reply wisely and I can give you till tomorrow morning for a final...answer"

Unfortunately, the hares can't hear what the vermin are saying.  Felicity is most concerned with the marten, and while she's watching him, she's also being very careful to not make eye contact, not even for a second.  As the hares finish eating, the Corporal double checks that they each have their weapons with them and ready to be drawn at a moment's notice.

Patch nods as he frowns and backs away.He mutters slightly to himself and watches to see if the marten goes away or not.

Taz does walk out after downing the rest of his ale and the weasel heads out with him.

The Corporal watches the marten leave, then gestures at the rat to come over.  "What's your name, again?  I'm Felicity."  The other 2 hares with her seem to relax slightly now that the marten is gone.   "Y'seemed a little nervous talkin' t'ya buddy there.  Anythin' the Patrol can 'elp y'with?"

~*~

Then patch had to leave. 

What will his answer be?  Will he flee?  Will he work for Taz's boss?  Will he inform the Long Patrol of what's going on?  Stay tuned!

Board footer