Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-23 11:19:14 PM

oz

Snow Badger Story-Redwall Log

Oz sat in his chair, in his room and smiled. The new chair was nice, a wooden rocking chair from his home of Send, a gift left to him as he rocked a little and just smiled as he then focused his attention as sounds came down the hall and he then adjusted himself better and smiled as the room filled with dibbuns, novices, and whom ever else had come to hear the Snow Badger Story.”Well...seems a lot like the Snow Badger Story....alright do sit and listen”

Kenya had volunteered to help tonight and smiled as she helped pass out Hot cocoa and snowflake shaped sugar cookies. She smiled as she looked back to a new helper.

Javin was helping, mainly cause he wanted cookies, which were his new favorite food..he decided he didn't care cookies would be made when he got back to his home, one way or another cookies would be at some meals.

Ace had decided to listen in, yes it was more a story for dibbuns and slightly older but hey...who cares.

Krisha sat nearby with Northstar in her lap and smiled, she had heard parts of the Snow Badger Story but not all of it and she would need to know when seasons from now she was Badger Mother.

Benar slipped in and sat down close by quietly listening to the story as well, he nods to some novices close by and smiled as a dibbun mole decided to sit beside him.

“The Snow Badger brings the snow, with his snow hares...winter is an important season and even if some dislike it, it helps to later bring Spring as needed plants..seeds get a chance to sleep in winter and awaken once Spring is here.”Oz smiles “The Snow Badger also brings gifts to good dibbuns and to others as well, sometimes the Snow Badger has helpers even as he goes all over the world to deliver his gifts, it's rare to catch a view of him..some have but as I said it's very rare.”

Kenya smiles “Have you ever seen him Papa Oz...”She then frowns, oh yeah the...blindness”Sorry Papa Oz...I forgot..”

Javin tilts his head and studies the badger...oh yeah the blind badger, hmmms he didn't seem a threat he is blind...right? Still he just sat after helping pass out cookies and nibbles one and sips hot cocoa and remains quiet, he is ..so very curious of this..Snow Badger.

Rigel slipped in and quietly sat down, he had been listening in the hall and was shooed in by order beast.”So..he being visitor to just the woodlanders or to...any of the beasts?”

Benar smiles as he even gets a cookie and hot cocoa and listens quietly.

Krisha holds Northstar and then lets her sit beside her,Northstar is being good so far.

Oz smiles “Rigel...he does visit some vermin..whom have been good, whom aid..truly aid others...he doesn't visit really really bad beasts and sometimes will skip a naughty dibbun's room.” He smiles “The Snow Badger comes when all is asleep and leaves his winter wonderland of snow and ice, his snow hares stay around and help keep the snow around, so...I suppose he is very busy and it's ok Kenya I have not been blind all my life.”He smiles as , he decides to share a rare secret he has shared with no one else, not even his family...well one knew, an Uncle Soot but that's all.”It's rare to see him, I was...ill around the Winter Solstice when I was around a couple seasons old...if that”He chuckles too long ago,”I..seen him, he came to me, and left this”He shows a small wrapped teardrop shaped paper tied around his neck on a small chain, he opens it to show a clear..teardrop shaped crystal.

Kenya smiles “Neat!”

Javin hmms “Interesting....so this badger is like...real?”

Krisha smiles as Northstar stumbles over “pretty pretty...hee hehee” She hugs Oz's leg and goes to get into his lap.

Benar smiles “Well...your one of the rare lucky ones then Oz...as you said few , very few see the Snow Badger and those who almost do are also rare as he disappears before seen usually.”He smiles as he looks outside as a light snow starts to fall “Maybe most should go to bed, it seems the Snow Badger may be coming soon, he usually sends his snow a little ahead of himself. To ready for his arrival”

Oz smiles as he nods and puts the crystal away , he got it out of a box, yes he knew where the box was and will place it back where it was also.”Time to go to sleep my dibbuns...let Javin and Kenya have your plates and cups and get to bed please.”

The dibbuns obey and slowly head off to bed, excited about how the snow badger would be there soon.

Rigel grins “Is all so so interesting ya? Maybe I will find gift too when wake...”He seems excited and goes to the guess room.

Krisha picks up a yawning Northstar and a couple dibbun late in leaving the room and goes to help the dibbuns get cozy and sleep for the night.

Kenya picks up the plates and mugs and smiles, “Papa Oz..I have small wooden tops, some little figures that well..supposed to be Martin the warrior with just his shield” It's not perfect but hey it's still nice” Also some wooden figures of badgers”These are sort of cute badgers with small noses and large eyes...hey she isn't perfect.” And a Order Sister..Sister Flowerfur made some gloves,scarfs and hats for winter...for dibbuns and for others.”

Javin just listens and yawns, the story was nice.

Benar walks over and smiles “That's nice of you Kenya and a good story as always Oz and...I enjoyed hearing how you got to meet the Snow Badger”

Oz smiles “Its a little hazy..I was ill but it was him. He seems to not talk and just smile...put the blanket on me again as it had fallen on the floor, I..remember..also remember Zork was asleep..but”He smiled “Uncle Soot..was not...he saw him also.”He chuckles”In Send Valley they have like a meal, exchange gifts...get this large pine tree and decorate it. We didn't have cookies, we had like a fruit cake with fruits and nuts to share...well some cookies but not sugar..more filled with nuts and melted honey. The Snow Badger was know there as well but I think we ...yes we called him Lord Snow some reason, Lord Snow the King of Winter...”

Kenya smiles as she listens in, she then goes to push the cart of dirty plates and cups to the kitchen “Javin...help wash dishes?”

Javin nods and goes to follow her, asking if it was true that some...badger really does bring winter and gifts..what he never got anything so he is curious, then again.....

Benar smiles and nods “I would go to sleep but I am not tried....would you like some tea my old friend it has been a while since we have got to sit and chat over tea and I would like to keep the rest of the cocoa for the winter feast, I do plan to get a little more, maybe have Lacota make a chocolate cake as well.”

Oz smiles “that would be nice Benar."

The two sit and have tea and a couple left over cookies and talk late into the night before both decide to go to sleep.

***************************************************************************************************
Decided to add the visit of the snow badger to Oz so many..MANY ..seasons ago.....

It had been a hard winter, the village almost didn't have the meal but they managed to put something together. A lot died in the winter, along with a couple badger, Powell and Kate and not long after that a scare of the youngest getting very ill after getting poisned by a flower, a flower of all things that roots are deadly but the bloom it's self is the cure and it happen to help save him, the only one in bloom right before more snow came..

Oz was laying on the cot, his fever had gone down as he whimpered slightly, the blanket falls to the floor and he shivers. Beside him is his older brother, by 5.5 seasons...asleep in a chair. The healer on duty elsewhere as the young dibbun was out of danger but still a long few days to fully heal and recover.

A large snowy white paw picks up the blanket and ajusts it around the young dibbun badger.

Oz opens his eyes and blinks, his eyes then widen as he seems to not believe what he sees.."Lord..Snow....?"

The tall Snowy white badger smiled, it was Lord Snow..AKA The Snow Badger, standing there as he gives a small quiet "Shhhhhhhhh" And pats Oz on the head and  places a small tear drop clear crystal on a string beside him and smiled.

"What in...."A voice calls out and a very old badger, one Soot stood at the doorway and snorts "So..ya be real.."He smiles.

The snow Badger just smiled and nodded as he disappeared in a swirl of snow and out the window, leaving the dibbun Oz to go back to sleep as Soot smiled, he glaces at Zork and shakes his head "Well..what he doesn't know won't hurt him.....it can be me and Oz's secret...right boy?" He sits in a chair and stays the rest of the night

Last edited by oz (2018-12-24 10:53:03 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-12-29 03:17:54 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer