Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-27 06:57:04 PM

oz

The Tea Is EVIL-Missing Abbot Log/Redwall Log

In Log:
Oz-papa Oz and dibbun Caretaker
Quade- warrior and tempary leader of the Mossflower Defenders..for now
Lacota-Friar of Redwall
Elmef-Groundkeeper of Redwall
Gorvenalus- old beaver and an abbot of a far off land
Xander-Warrior badger in training
Henry-Sparrow
RW Abbey: Kitchen
--------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a long, narrow room with five large fireplaces set into one wall, and two equally large wood burning iron stoves set against the opposite wall. Several small, rectangular tables rest in here, but there are no chairs available. The rest of the wallspace is taken up by an entire array of shelves, cupboards, and counters which hold the day-to-day cooking supplies and utensils. The kitchen is clean and well maintained, and more recent efforts have been made toward organization of the cooking ware.

On the wall just right of the door leading into Great Hall is a neatly penned chart, which lists the names of beasts assigned to cooking duty as well as the dates and times they are scheduled. A small note above the chart urges residents to volunteer for at least a slot or two a week.

The curtains around the windows have been drawn against the night. The room is dark and the ovens are cold.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Quade slipped into the kitchens, he had left and returned from searching as he said and now looked for a late snack, it was fairly easy to snatch something this late

Oz was already in the kitchens making himself tea and hearing the squirrel he snorted, "Quade...so you find anything on your so called walk?"   

Quade tail puffed up and he spoke sounding calm "No...but I am calmer now and want to tell you I am truly sorry for earlier...stress does get the best of us and perhaps I am wrong about the lad. I did look for him" Not a lie" But didn’t find him, maybe he left and who knows where he went"   

Oz says, "Why does it seem your confused..you care and then you don’t and then you care again. And why try and make others seem like things are their fault."

Quade stays calm as he speak "Stress as I said before, does that to a beast...I mean you know stress I am sure seeing as only 3 leaders are in any shape..well two maybe to help much"

Oz would glare, but can't "I don’t trust you Quade" There he said it and waits on a reply

Quade narrows his eyes as he is glade the badger is blind as he walks over and snatches a couple muffins and looks at the tea and back to the badger. “Do relax Oz....you should calm yourself as it be a pity to wake anyone at this hour"   

Oz crosses his arms as he listens, "If you’re taking something you should ask first"   

"Ask first?" The squirrel smirks, whats the fun in that as he eats a muffin   

Oz says, "Yes ask first and your changing the subject...as a leader you and me are talking now...in the cavern hole...now"

Quade asks, "why cavern hole, I mean it is late wouldn’t want to wake anyone would we?"

Oz says, "Somewhere else then....you know what outside is fine, it’s not raining now"

RW Abbey: Kitchen Path
------------------------------------------------------------------
A broad path leads down through the short grass of the area. The orchards spread far and wide on one of the sides, near the abbey's outer wall. From this distance the dirt path can be seen winding through the grassy orchards, and along with it many dibbuns eager for the sweet cheeries, apples, and various other fruity delights. Nearby the vegetable garden makes its presence known by the plumpness of the fruits and plants. The kitchen wall rests on the other side of the garden path, and the large kitchen door usually sits propped open to ease the heat of the kitchens. Often, a beast can catch tantalizing wisps of the foods being cooked. Beside it is a small breezeway that seems to connect the kitchens to the great hall. The great hall appears still great even in this distance, dwarfing the kitchen structure.

Springing to life after a long sleep, summer is in full force.The beauty of the sun echoes everywhere from the vivacious flowers, eager to dance in hot breezes to the green shoots of grass, swaying as accompaniment to the lead of the flora. Puddles and muddy spots have been chased away by the golden rays of the sun. During the day, it seems as if buttermilk has been poured over the road, changing the dull brown color into something wearing the majestic touch of the sun-- perhaps a path to the heavens.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Quade snatched more muffins and smirks as he grabs the tea and follows

Oz heads outside and then mutters something, "Great..."   

Quade watches him “Forget something, I have that tea and some muffins...I even got me a cup and don’t worry I will...help make more muffins"   

Oz arches an eyebrow, he is silent as he listens and he sits on a bench "Sit...now" The voice almost sounds like a command and maybe it is.   

Quade sits slowly as he sits down the tray of muffins and the tea cups, he takes one though and speaks calmly “How about I pour the tea...hmmms"   

Oz says, "I can pour my own tea"   

Quade thinks fast "With your one arm still in a sling and your good arm too, wouldn’t want the dibbun caretaker injured more..would we?"   

Oz says, "Fine "He mutters "But you’re not leaving till we chat as I said I don’t trust you, now tell me why I should trust you"

Quade relaxes a little as he pours himself a glass and the badger one"Well...I did get the dibbuns back here and if I wasn’t trustworthy would I do that, I been trying to help search for Xander would an untrustworthy beast do that"   

Oz listens to the squirrel as he talks, he studies voice tone and snorts a little" Why did you not tell beasts sooner where they were and why did the fight from what heard seem easy?"

Quade asks, "dumb luck?" He has yet to add anything to the tea, he will wait "It happens"   

Oz arches an eyebrow "Dum luck?" He shakes his head and decides he may as well get a muffin, maybe it will calm his nerves, “Any news on finding anyone missing, you have mentioned looking so hard after all"   

Quade narrows his eyes, the badger is annoying and he is unsure how long he can keep up this calmness before he loses it, he somehow keeps most of his calm as he looks to a vest pocket "None yet, but one never stops....giving up on things important to them"   

Oz says, "well finding our friends is important....and I thought you were pouring tea"   

Quade takes a deep breath, oh yes the tea. He calmly and slowly gets out a small vail and drops some into a cup and again it’s in his vest.  This is different than another vial, this one a LOT more deadly.He gets some honey for himself, yes that’s the possible noise and its scent would be smelled, not so much an order less vial of stuff.. "Honey in your tea I like it"

Oz says, "No "It’s simple and short reply, he does smell the honey "Now about Xander, when he gets back I want you to apologize to him and I want to be there when you do so I know you did"

Quade scoots the tea over “Why do you need to be there, cause you don’t trust me?"   

Oz doesn’t take the mug of tea yet as he crosses his arms over his chest "That way I know it was done that’s why"   

Quade rolls his eyes, "Whatever...fine. But I did sent a friend to help Xander, see I was looking for him...but I do plan on going back out a little later, you know when it’s better light..now why don’t you drink your tea before it gets cold"

Oz still keeps his arms folded but does relax a little, "And who is this..friend of yours?"   

Quade closes his eyes, silence and then opens them again.. "Does it matter, he will find him." He watches him as he takes his own cup of tea and sips it, "As I said..relax..drink some tea, eat a muffin..." As the squirrel does his best not to grumble at all this talking, less talking already.   

Lacota can be seen approaching from the gardens, carrying a basket on his arm.   

Oz frowns, he does finally pick up the tea mug figuring if Quade is drinking it, its fine...though his tea is a bit discolored, but anything else seems normal. But he has yet to take a sip of the tea yet.   

Quade watches him, he is silently distracted when he sees the Friar and slowly stands, "I should get back out and see if my friend found Xander or not...you can stay here and drink your tea....and relax" He goes to walk away without looking like he is in too much of a hurry.

Lacota picks up his pace. "Leaving so soon, Mr. Quade? How inconsiderate."

Oz starts to take a sip and stops as he lowers the mug, sitting it down.   

Quade stops "I have something to do..."He looks back at them and shakes his head, yeah he is gonna walk faster..before something else happens.   

Lacota comes even closer. "What's the hurry, Mr. Quade?" He nods his head. "Oz... Lovely day for a spot of tea... Mind if I join you?"   

Elmef comes walking in from the orchard, carrying a basket full of various tools and equipment used on tidying up the orchard, "Oh afternoon everyone."   

Oz frowns as he seems to be listening, but not to anyone here oddly.."Why...."He then pushes away the mug and stands up seeming confused. "Maybe...not" He didn’t drink any of it.   

Quade frowns, why more beasts "Hello Elmef..I just need to look for Xander....and my friend...I am sure other things are more important than me" He then walks to the gates..rather quickly and mutters something under his breath   

Elmef frowns after Quade as he hurries of and shakes his head, "He is a strange beast... anyway how is everyone? Friar, Papa Oz? Having nice days I hope?"   

Lacota hrmms. "Hello, Elmef... I'm having a rather good day. I was out checking the gardens, in fact. Tell me something, is my distrust of that Quade fellow pure paranoia?" He reaches for Oz's tea, hmming thoughtfully. "What kind of tea is this?"   

Oz speaks softly "Mint...suppose to..." He goes quiet and then speaks quietly"One will fly...One will lie...One will fall...And one will rise. Trust will be questioned--but the true light will be known, the liar found out when the One with no hope escapes.." He then just sort of stands there looking confused.   

Elmef looks over at Lacota, "I can't say I know him that well, I do find it..." he trails off and looks at Oz as he speaks, "What was that Oz? I didn't follow all of that."   

Quade stops his muttering and looks back, where has he heard....he suddenly speeds up, he makes it out the door and to the gates.   

Lacota takes a sniff of the tea in Oz's cup. "Mint, you say? It certainly smells right, but it looks strangely cloudy." The squirrel dips a finger into the tea and licks it. "Eugh. Are you sure this is mint tea, Oz?"

Oz lays a paw on his forehead "I don't know...wait..Quade made it, but he was drinking some as well..but when I started to drink it...I saw Martin...he said stop and then ...there was something else but can’t remember" He frowns..wait he saw something a brief second..that can’t be good. " Something is wrong with the tea..."   

Elmef frowns and sets down his basket and reaches for Lacota's cup, "Here let me have a look at this..."   

Lacota nods. "By all means." He hands the cup to Elmef, frowning now.   

Oz frowns, he tilts his head as he seems to listen to something towards the entry. He frowns, luckily he didn’t take a sip, even half of one from that mug as his had some kind of poison in it, the other mug...well didn’t and that’s the one Quade had been sipping from. “I usually make my own tea."   

Gorvenalus frowns, he is too old to lift anyone so he goes to try and pat the badgers cheeck to wake him up, least get him to where some others are. He doesn’t get as far as he likes as he slowly lays him down and sits down himself completely worn out, it’s been a long morning.   

Xander groans, he is sort of awake and has a swollen leg, a claw mark of some sort on his lower arm, he is also shivering fairly badly. He has his grandfather’s armor on but that’s muddy and has some stained blood on it....the gate guard has the blade now.   

Oz frowns, he did hear something as he walks away from Elmef and Lacota and is beside the newcomer and Xander rather quickly, "Xander..." Worry is in his voice.   

Lacota watches Elmef a few moments, then notices the commotion of the newcomers. "Xander? Is he back?"   

Gorvenalus steps back, he stumbles a little , he doesn't say anything, he knows no one in this place, but they still have a right to know, "The...lad was by the river....and there was some..some creature after him...but they were on the ice, and fell in...I managed to get him out, and got him here with help from some...rat who knew the way here." He sounds worn out, tried and seriously suddenly feeling his age.

Xander manages to open his eyes half way to focus on Oz.. “Your...alive....Quade said...you were dead...said I ruined...everything when killed that..Bolt..fox" He then passes out totally.   

Oz frowns as he listens to Xander, he feels for a pulse and is glad there is one, but worry still shows,"He needs inside."   

Elmef returns from where he has been examining the tea and hurries over to the crowd, "Oh dear what did I miss?"   

Gorvenalus stays seated, he slowly looks over as Quade's name is mentioned, "Quade....Quade is to not be trusted...he has captives" He coughs and shivers some, he may be normally able to handle cold water from earlier but he is also weaker from being a captive himself for a lot longer.   

Lacota frowns, shaking his head. "I never trusted Quade, and I've said that numerous times... I'm going to inform Magramba."   

Elmef says, "If he has captives then he must be followed and stopped...."

Oz listens as he stays by Xander, least till someone can get him to the infirmary, "I have a feeling Leon didn’t fall down the steps on his own...Quade helped."   

Elmef frowns at the remnants of the tea, "And if you had drunk that tea Oz you'd be having a very natural seeming heart attack about now."   

Gorvenalus is half listening, a couple other abbey beasts do come, a couple healers who look over the beaver and one checks on Xander, as the old beaver leans ageist something and remains sitting up.   

Oz frowns, "It’s a good thing I didn’t drink any of it, I started to a couple times, but was trying to listen to Quade and Lacota and..before that..I did wonder why he seemed so eager for me to drink it...he was drinking tea though...." He stops right there "His was fine...mine was the only one not ...."He shakes his head "Quade wants the ones in charge out of the way..."   

Lacota hmphs. "He never tried to kill me, that I know of... Though I have come very close to outright accuse him of kidnapping and worse several times."   

Elmef says, "Well it sounds like he has our abbot. We need to get out there and find him"

Gorvenalus frowns as he finally finds his voice again "Is his name...Benar?"   

Oz says, "He may of tried soon..."He tilts his head at the beaver"You saw Benar sir?"

Gorvenalus coughs roughly, he most likely needs the infirm to rest in "My name is Abbot Gorvenalus....least I was...before Quade and his...band of beasts destroyed my home, me and my friend Minsc whom he still has were the only ones left alive"   

Lacota asks, "What's that, though? You've seen Benar?"   

Elmef looks at Gorvenalus, he then moves over to try and help the older beast, "Come on, sit down you need to rest and a drink and we need to hear your news."   

Gorvenalus nods "Food and drink...would be good and yes I saw Benar..."

Oz says, "Benar is alive then, this is good news but we still need to find him"   

Down from the sky comes a black throated sparrow. "What happening in worm house?" he inquirers after a unfaltering landing.   

Oz decides to let the others talk, he is going to help get Xander to the infirm.   

Elmef says, "Welcome friend Sparra," the mouse says, "This noble beaver  has just brought us news of our missing leader." He helps Gorvenalus into a chair and waves down novice a sends them off for food and drink.   

Lacota seems a bit taken aback by the new arrival. "This is all highly irregular..."   

Gorvenalus smiles at the help and a chair to sit in.   

The sparra looks tired, like he was just flying for a while. "Good." He says wearily. he then get a strange look on his face, as if he just realized something. "Wait... was head worm missing?"

Elmef says, "Indeed our abbot is missing, he has been kidnapped it seems by someone we thought was a friend."

Lacota crosses his arms. "Well, *some* of thought he was a friend." The squirrel then places a paw on Elmef's shoulder. "I mean no disrespect, though... You said yourself earlier that you hadn't been around Quade enough to form an opinion... So it's not you I'm somewhat miffed at..."   

Gorvenalus nods, he has yet to speak much as he is still fairly weak and worn out.."Quade...has tricked many...he tricked me a long time ago."   

Elmef shakes his head, "I have to admit it makes sense now... it's not like the Abbot's party into the woods wasn't well protected. It could only have been betrayed..."   

Lights dance playfully across the weary sparrow's eyes as he speaks. "We know who spy worm is, and he don't know we know, right? So, let us lay a trap."   

Gorvenalus frowns "If he knows I live...then he will not be tricked so easily"   

Lacota shakes his head. "If we set up a trap, it will be up to Leon, Oz, Elmef, Magramba, and myself to decide how it's to be done. Frankly, I have my doubts he'll be foolish enough to come back here, because he tipped his paw in a big way this afternoon, and he *must* realize we're onto him by now..."   

Elmef shakes his head, "It is a good idea friend sparra but like Lacota says, he will suspect we now know and be ready for that..."   

The black throated sparra gives a little sort of shrug, as the lights continue to dance. "Well, if he does suspect our suspicion, then it would be best if we try to save the head worm now. If weum strike fast and hard, spy worm may not have time to put up defences. And even if he do, we gain nothing from waiting."   

Gorvenalus smiles as a novice brings him something to eat and drink, to which he happily eats the offered food and drink, he frowns at a thought, a memory, "Quade may try and harm your healers...they were the first ones he went after when he came to my home" He frowns "One needs...plans to win against Quade and his horde...yes he has vermin who work for him...he also has another captive you may know...and had a young mouse maid as well"   

Elmef says, "We shall tell the champion and he will come up with a plan. That is our best bet Magramba knows what he is about and will see to it that this is ended"

Lacota nods. "I'll talk to DoraRose, as well. This needs to be dealt with quickly."Lacota suddenly frowns. "Mouse maid?"   

Gorvenalus nods, "A..Lillymoore.....and he has a stoat, but the stoat is on the side of good..someone named Marek, Quade wanted to slay your abbot, he and Minsc got in the way...as I said your friends were alive last I saw them.....I hope they still are alive"He clears his throat “Lilymoore is with a Thunderwing…”

The sparrow seems annoyed that his ideas are being shot down, but he is just a young sparra, and has no authority. Besides, they may go with his attack asap idea anyway. He gets a strange look on his face when the beaver talks about healer, but he has nothing to say at this time.

Elmef smiles at the sparra and holds out a hand, "We will need all our friends by our side however when we do attack to take back our Abbot and stop him. I am sure all the sparra will fly by us so we may destroy the dark worm"   

Lacota hmmphs, looking decidedly unimpressed at the mention of Marek. "Oh, so he lives... How... Delightful." He waves a paw dismissively. "At the least, I am much relieved that LilyMoore is unharmed, and Benar as well... Quade will most likely move them all, though... We need beasts to scour the forest."   

Elmef says, "I'll go start assembling some teams and liase with Magramba we must all be ready to do what we can to help"   

Gorvenalus says, "You are not...friends with this Marek?"

Lacota shakes his head. "The notion that I'd be...friends, with that...that...that *fellow*, Marek, is laughable, at best. It's a *very* long story, and it's not one I recall fondly."   

The sparra says nothing. He stares at the ground raped up in his own thoughts.

Gorvenalus blinks "I do know he seemed....very protective of the one called Lilymoore"   

The sparrow, (who at this point has basically dropped out of the conversation) starts to hum quietly to himself.   

Lacota turns to face the beaver. "He does that. He has his own warped sense of 'loyalty' that suits himself. He claims to be all about honor and all those noble things, but you know what? He's a vermin, and all vermin will do the same thing, if given the chance: they'll stab you in the back."   

Gorvenalus frowns at the squirrels words, "A rat showed me and the young badger the right path to the abbey and they seemed correct....I do hope the young badger is ok...Xander I think the other one called him"   

Lacota sighs, seeming deflated. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry... Yes, Xander... I hope he recovers. I consider him a close friend."   

The sparrow looks up from the ground with a start. "Xander!?" He exclaims, "Meum been fly lookseeing for that worm for days! You mean heum been found?"   

Gorvenalus says, "He...sort of ran into me...but some..thing, I do not know what it was...was chasing him....it tried to kill us both but he and it got on the thin ice.....both sank but I managed just barely to get him out of the water....to get here "

"Thatum be not good. Is he going to be wellfine." Asks the sparra, a little worry, but mostly just interested.   

Lacota frowns. "Most distressing. At least he got back here."   

Gorvenalus says, "He is in the infirm...the other one...Oz?..Took him there, The  young badger is strong for his age and very skilled "   

"I see." Says the sparra. He then looks up at the Grate Hall, as if to see the infirmary form here.   

Gorvenalus stands slowly "I should...get some rest"   

The young sparra turns back to the beaver. "Farewell strange wormy thing, may the winds fill you wings allways." Then the sparra takes off into the sky, he has a lot to think about.

Last edited by oz (2017-03-28 05:58:01 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer