Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-24 11:05:12 AM

oz

Missing Staff And More Worries:Part 2-Redwall and Missing Abbot TP

Redwall Log

Oz-Papa Oz and caretaker of the dibbuns
Henry-Sparrow
Zolomon-Archer hare in Mossflower Defenders
Thunderwing-Eagle
Patch-Rat
Spoofed Novice Ted and a few assorted abbey beasts in entry

==Oz shows up once they get to the abbey==

==Somewhere along the road or in the woods, little of both==

Thunderwing watched from above the air as he soared through the air, he flapped a couple times to catch a wind current and scanned the area below before flying back to land by the hare.

Zolomon always did keep a certain distance from the large eagle as he took a couple steps backwards “Hey..TW..find anything, good or bad…signs of Xandy?”

Thunderwing lowered his head as if upset, “Thunderwing find no friend Xander, but Thunderwing may of found staff.” He points a wing a little ways down a path and then goes to fly a few paces and land again waiting on the hare.

Zolomon follows and looks around. He spots the broken staff and frowns “That’s Ozzy’s staff alright…but wot happen ta it?”

The staff was broken in two pieces and blood was dried and caked on it, also some mud was on the staff from being on the forest floor a while.

Thunderwing tilts his head and puffs out, “Some beast made the staff dead”

Zolomon frowns and gets an old blanket and carefully wraps the two pieces of broken staff  in it and picks it up “Ok TW you keep looking for Xandy and I will report to Ozzy”

Thunderwing nods and takes off into the sky.

Great Hall
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.
The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.

Oz sits in his chair, he is still annoyed with his staff being missing, and with Xander missing too its making him more stressed and more grumpy. He has some tea he sips slowly and sighs, his arm still in a sling as his shoulder heals.   

Zolomon walks in slowly and frowns "hey..Oz...ummm feeling better?"   

Oz frowns "No, I will feel better when I can be less stressed...I need my staff and I also would like to know where Xander is."   

Zolomon nods and sighs some "Well I didn’t find Xander....found ya staff, but ummm...you may not want it back"   

Oz arches an eyebrow as he sits the mug of tea down "Why would I not want my staff back?"   

Zolomon frowns and lays it down on a table, after laying a towel down. "It’s broke in two and...has blood all over it" He steps back "And TW is looking for Xandy still, not ta worry he will be found...hopefully soon"   

Oz traces the staff and frowns, he gets a rag that’s wet and cleans his paws "Who had it? Why the blood on it and how did it get broken?"   

Zolomon shrugs, "I jolly well have no clue Ozzy and no one was around it at the time, but thar was a campfire or a clue one was used not too long ago. Had ta of been a strong beast, then again it was broken or is in two pieces, as for the blood it’s like all over it and not where ya normally may think if one perhaps used it in self-defense...then not sure how well a staff causes blood...or how easy one breaks in a fight"   

Oz answers "Depends, this staff was very well made and shouldn’t of broken easy in a fight..again a strong foe and staff can cause blood to be spilled"   

Zolomon nods, "Maybe when it was jolly well broke?"   

Oz sits back down slowly" Easier then, is the blood on the broken ends of the staff as well?"   

Zolomon says, "No...maybe a little but more along the staff, like the other was wounded already and they hit the same area ? It also has mud so was on the forest floor a while, but no signs of any battle where it was found and ya think there be that...like slide marks or traces of fur, blood other areas even in the mud...trail of a wounded beast or two or a dead beast and no beast was around just the broken bloody staff"

Oz nods as he leans back to think "Odd...very odd and I know I had the staff after Xander left so he didn’t have it, but I am unsure who took it and they did it while I was sleeping in my chair as it WAS by my char when I fell asleep and beasts of the abbey know not to move it, they leave it alone so I can get it when needed or after my nap. I was worn out that night"   

Zolomon nods "Then, a guest...that was not like a mouse or vole, some beast that could get the staff and not have too much trouble caring or using it....hmmms otter, fox,..someone that size or larger or maybe slightly, slightly smaller could be possible "   

Oz says, "No one here would take my staff without letting me know and wouldn’t take it in the woods and leave it like you found it, they would bring it back here or have some other beast do it"

Zolomon hmmms "Bally well true there Ozzy, so thoughts? I could go back out and look for clues as I still need to find Xandy"   

As the badger is talking, a black throated sparrow hops into the room, humming in a low clear voice.

Oz says, "If you go back out again I say to be careful as we don’t need any one else missing, or captive or dead"   

Zolomon ears droop at the word dead, he glances at the sparrow before clearing his voice " I don’t want to find any beast dead, friend or not friend"

"Why would any worm be gonemissing in first place." Ask the unlighted sparra, suddenly vary interested.   

Oz answers "Because there is some bad beasts out there and they already have two  abbey beasts and have killed one other, one of our...make that two of our healers are in the infirm injured, course one may have nothing to do with this vermin band as they fell down the steps, but they shouldn’t still be unconcious two days later....and now my nephew is missing "   

The sparrow is silent for a moment, then he say. "Meum need to go thoughtthink, haveum wellday stripeyworm." Then he hops slowly out of Great Hall, murmuring something to himself.

Oz frowns at the name but lets it pass, he then stands and gets the mug of tea he had, some fresh tea and a nap sounds good right now as he heads to the kitchen

=An Hour passes and there is a gathering of beasts in the entry=

Zolomon is surrounded by abbey beasts as he carries some small form, he frowns as different voices are heard "He's dead." "What happen?" "It’s not safe.." The hare makes his way through with a pardon or excuse me" It’s then seen by those who can it’s a novice, a mouse..Novice Ted in fact.

Also with the hare is the rat Patch as he looks around, "What I didn’t do it...whatever" He scans the area and frowns "Ok where is someone in charge"   

Oz pushes through the beasts and makes his way over to the hare, "Zolomon..what happen, who is dead?" He has a feeling it's not Xander but his fear of just whom it is concerning.   

Zolomon walks forwards "It’s not..Xandy...tis Novice Ted, I saw him a lot in the kitchens his throats been...and he was left by some path along the road and he wasn’t that before.."   

Patch folds his arms "Stripy is nowhere around, well not in Zee's hut..I checked and not ta worry I can fix the lock...I yeah sort of, kind of picked the lock cause long ears here was worried and stripy not in Ferravale but I can ask around and help look, I am sure I am allowed ta blooming do that" Hey beats working for the creepy undertaker....and he is happy for a couple days off.

Oz frowns "Novice Ted....so he was left there you think?"   

Zolomon nods "Dried blood..day or so old." His ears droop "W..Wot do I do with him and if ya asking didn’t find Xander...this sort of came up and though best get back to the abbey quickly"   

The rat frowns, "We better not find stripy dead...I kind of like that lad, he saved my life from a snake once"   

Oz frowns "Snake..." He decides to ask later as he replies to the hare" Place him in the infirm,....and someone update Friar Lacota please...and Angela since she is in charge of the infirm till Brother Leon is able to be in charge again"   

Zolomon says, "Brother L is...hurt?"   

Oz nods "Yes...he was found by Dorarose on the steps unconcious and he still has yet to wake up.....also Rayen is still recovering, I just hope no other leaders get hurt. We also still have Abbot Benar missing, Lillymoore missing...Xander is missing too far as I am concern I just hope he isn’t captive somewhere"   

Patch listens "So...anyways can I help??"   

Zolomon frowns again, " I need to find me friend and alive...never would forgive me self if Xandy was dead...also Mr. M is missing...Marek." Just in case since Mr. M could be anyone, he hands the still form of Novice Ted to an otter to take to the infirm and sighs as he sits on steps leading up to the wall tops.   

Oz says, "I think we would know by now if he was dead...same goes for Benar and Lillymoore, Xander could well be with them or elsewhere."   

Patch snorts and then hears "And yes Patch your help is welcomed" The rat nods and salutes as he heads on outside the abbey.   

Zolomon says, "I just want to find him, wot if he is hurt somewhere."   

Oz lays a paw on the hare's shoulder "We all want to find Xander as well as the abbot and Lilymoore and they will be found"   

Zolomon nods "I hope so and hope its soon"   

At this point the same sparra as before lands near the badger and hare. He looks between the two, "What happened worm things?" He asks, A dab of worry in his voice.   

Oz nods, he tilts his head at the sparrow "A novice that was missing was found...sadly dead, a mouse that helped in the kitchens, his name was Ted"   

Zolomon frowns , he just sits there quiet   

The hare may notice the look for sorrow that comes across the sparrow's face. The sparrow raises his head to the sky, and starts to sing: "Poor old Ted, His good and dead. Someone made his blood run red."   

Oz frowns "Let’s not discuss...death, Novice Ted will be remembered by good times not bad"   

Zolomon sighs " not easy to forget when ya the blooming one to find him"   

The sparra stops sing with a huff of announce, "Meum was trying to respect thisum mouse worm's memory."   

Oz nods "It is alright Henry..Zolomon is just upset, I was worried myself on whom was found, I just wish for some good news soon"   

Zolomon wipes away some tears as he hugs his legs to his chest where he sits down   

"How youum know me name?" Henry squawks in surprise. "Who told you, was it the foxworm? It was the foxworm was it not? Meum should have known not to tell meum name to a foxworm. A foxmaid told meum never trust foxywroms...wait." The sparrow starts to contemplate the mater.   

Oz says, "Most foxes are evil yes...two here are not, Flicktail and Rayen and their dibbuns..." He frowns "Dibbun...they only have one now sadly...their oldest one...died"

Zolomon frowns at the news" Flicky had two dibbuns?"   

Oz says, "Dhaegan the youngest , and..Juliana was the oldest...she was found hurt, but sadly she has passed on to the dark forest. I am not sure if its related to recent events or not"

The sparrow (whose name has been revealed to be Henry) spoke, more than just a hint of announce in his voice. "Flicktail the carp, thatum him." Henry then thinks out loud. "Wait, thisum good, this means meum good poet. hummm..."   

Zolomon says, "So...3 abbey beasts dead...2 for sure we know may be captives and one missing and hopefully still alive, 2 injured and in the infirm, oh and your injured Ozzy and that one archer almost killed you...and the archer was found and...well he died" He looks at the bird "A carp?"

Oz says, "I believe carpenter...he makes furniture and things made of wood, but I think another will remake my staff...and the archer was found?"   

"Yes, he carps." says the black throated sparra. He does looks a bit worry at the seven beasts missing, or hurt, or dead. He does not seem that worried about the recovering badger, or the archer who tried to kill abbey beast.

Zolomon nods "Yes a fox named Bolt..if not the leader then bally well important to that band of badies...same fox that tried to kill you and that killed Sister Zinnia...Xandy went...well that’s who he went Bloodwrath on and killed, the fox mentioned killing Sister Zinnia and had thought he killed you too"   

Oz nods as he listens, he frowns as he rubs his shoulder, "Yes I got lucky, the dream telling me to wear Zork's old bark leather vest...saved my life, me falling backwards is what dislocated my shoulder. Xander carried me to the infirm in fact, only 2nd time in my life ever was carried and the first time was a much larger distance than just down some steps and across a lawn"   

"Who be Zinnia worm" Ask Henry, having never heard her name before.   

Zolomon says, "She was Xandy's mom...and at one time abbey recorder"

Oz frowns "Yes..my niece, she will be missed greatly."

"I see," The sparra says, he then turns to the badger. "Youum still no answer Henry poet's questionings. How stripyworm know meum name?"

Zolomon stands "I need to get back to finding Xandy...." He then walks on back outside.

Oz nods and tilts his head at the sparrow "I heard a beast mention the name of a sparrow named Henry and not many sparrows come down from the sparrow loft, hardly any as they keep to themselves and usually avoid us abbey beasts”

"It's called Warbeak loft," Says Henry, "After great sparra leader, Queen Warbeak."   

Oz nods "I have heard stories, think read one before I went blind of course"

The sparrow probable should not ask... but he does. "How youum lose looksee?" He asks as so as it comes to mind.

Oz does answer, "Some seasons ago when I was captive of an insane fox, who is dead now...I was his captive for over a season, I slowly lost my sight over the next couple seasons after my rescue...the first time I was ever carried. My brother Zork carried me a good 5 miles to get me back here, I was in the infirm half a season. I learned my way around the abbey...top and bottom, how many footpaws here to there, and now can go anywhere without trouble...well inside the abbey and I learn voices and every beasts paw steps..scents to know whom I am talking to, even birds have their own footpaw...guess hops "He chuckles a little.

Oh..." Says the sparra, not really sure how to continue the conversation. He ends up just standing there in silence.

Oz notes the silence "It doesn’t brother me greatly when it first happen, but not now..I am use to it" Small voices and giggling is heard and the badger is surrounded by the abbey dibbuns as he chuckles and smiles "Hello my dibbuns...pardon me sir sparrow I must go...talk later" He then lets the dibbuns led him towards the pond.

Last edited by oz (2017-03-24 02:02:20 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer