Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-21 04:26:24 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Preparations for Slaver Hunting begin.... (LP log 11.21.18)

SCENE:  The corner of the Salamandastron Library

CHARACTERS:  They're all hares smile
Isla, female.  Tarsa, female.  Hanzi, male.  Felicity, female.

LOG:
Tarsa walked into the library, still in her normal street clothing for now as she scans the room and snorts, her mood is not the best today it would seem.   

Hanzi looks up and frowns, his ears droop some as he speaks "Umm...hi there, first I did...nothing this morning" Yeah for once " Ok I did oversleep...but been studying reading and writing.."   

Tarsa looks at Hanzi and steps over "Your not the reason I am moody, first it was foxes...whom are gone now, then it was an annoying cat in the tavern at Halyard, you keep mentioning a cat...and a rat and claim you could ID them if needed. If I can get someone who is good at making a drawing, can you help them? I may of seen the same cat"   

Really, Isla has never been more miserable... But at the same time she's... Okay with that? It's misery with purpose, at least, and that feels like growth for the young recruit. The young doe shuffles into the library with a grim expression - determined to sit down and do her assigned work... But... Oh, well a distraction sounds /so/ much sweeter. "Hanzi?" She asks, poking her head around the corner. "Though' I 'eard ya voice." And then she sees Tarsa and snaps to attention, nearly dropping her scrolls. "Sah!" She squeaks, though her curiosity burns at the mention of cats, rats, and foxes. She still wears the talisman meant to ward off the evil vulpine spirits, though the threat is - allegedly - gone.   

Hanzi frowns "I...don't draw but I have a good memory"But he too is curious "You seen her? Did she have a tattoo?" He starts to ask if he can tag along next time but decides not to even ask, maybe he'll just sneak out.He nods a hello to Isla and flips over the papers he had some...letters on..like A..B..C..ect.   

Felicity enters the Library next, some books piled in her arms. Most of them are picture books and collections of short stories, although there is a thick book of Mountain history and a book on philosophy in the mix. She sets them on the desk and writes a note that she then places on top of the stack, then begins to browse through the stacks, ignoring the voices of those already in here. She's headed towards the corner where they are, anyway, so she figures she can looks for a few books she's required to read for now. She is also dressed in civvies, like the Sergeant, having a day off for some reason.   

Tarsa looks at Isla and gives a nod before her attention is on Hanzi again  "I couldn't see her shoulder but she did give a name..Melantha."

It would seem that Isla and Hanzi have the same homework. It's hardly uncommon for new recruits to come in unable to read and write, but it does ease the sting for her when she notices that the other recruit seems to be in the same boat. Since it seems that the conversation at paw is a more important one, the young doe quietly slips away to another table, side-stepping around Felicity as she does so. "Terribly sorry." She drops her things in an untidy pile on a table and drops to a seat with a disgruntled groan. The book stuff is the /worst/.   

Felicity's ears perk, and she turns her head so she can look at the Recruit. "Sorry? 'Bout whot? Y'were fine, didn't bothah me at all, wot." She smiles, grabbing a book from the shelf and scanning the page. "'M lookin' fohr 'istory and battle philosophy. Whot are you studyin'?" Deciding that talking to the Sergeant can wait, the Runner takes the book she grabbed and walks over to the table, snatching a philosophy book and a picture book on the way. Sitting down on the opposite side of the table from the younger haremaid, the Corporal pulls some paper and a pencil from her pocket and smoothes the paper out on the tabletop beside her books.   

Hanzi sighs "Ummm....it's stuff interesting, important..ya know stuff." He looks back at the sergeant "I can..find someone who draws maybe...and tell them about the cat, even the rat and we..I mean..someone can go after them before they like..get slaves again"

Tarsa shakes her head and arches an eyebrow "Why are you lookin' up that?" She shakes her head and mutters "Too late for that...already has a captive, plan to get them back...maybe I should take a torch."Yeah torches are good as she paces "Nerve of that...that feline...stupid feline...trying to make like she is a threat to the long patrol, she needs a certain hammer to her stupid face"

"Er - letters, mostly." Isla admits, allowing Tarsa and Hanzi to discuss their business in peace. "I dinnae know how te read, if I'm bein' 'onest." The recruit winces at the flush of anger in the conversation behind her. "Sounds serious, eh?" She mutters to Felicity, unrolling a sheet of parchment. The alphabet is written in large script with spaces beside it for her to copy the letters down. "Y'know wha' all this is about slaves an' cats?" Still whispered to Felicity.

Hanzi stands and sort of just takes a deep breath "See...no one ever LISTENS TO ME!"He echos in the whole room and most likely everyone stares at him, he taps his footpaw and crosses his arms over his chest and just stands there, then he decides to quickly leave the room before he is likely throw out anyways!   

Felicity smiles kindly. "'Tisn't any shame in not knowin' 'ow to read. Ye'll get there. An' then you'll get stuck 'avin' t'read dry, borin' 'istory books that were written by creatahs who obviously nevah read a novel in their /lives/, an' so 'ave no idea 'ow to write things interstingly." The Corporal makes a face at the history book by her paw, then glances in the Sergeant's direction. Shaking her head, she whispers back, "Not really. 'Aven't really 'eard much about this subject yet. If 'tis truly slavahs, though, I'll definitely volunteer to be on the mission to stop 'em. I /'ate/ slavahs....." The last sentence has a vehemence in it.   
Felicity watches the Recruit march out of the room, cringing slightly.

Tarsa glares at Hanzi, but he gets away..luckily, or unluckily as she will find him later, "Well I found someone to help chop and peel ALL the vegetables for the week" She looks at Felicity "Good..you and me will likely be in charge, Major Varus is injured and Corporal Adrian is likely getting ready to head out for a mission of his own. I also need to find Zolomon,Jacenta, Dominik, and Alpine " She shakes her head "The cat has one of our Privates and I think a couple other slaves, non hares but I am uncertain, and some strange marten with purpleish eyes works for that cat..pretty darn sure, seen the marten few days ago"   

"Oh, I know t'ain't any shame, a'course. I never met a beast wot could read 'till I went ta stay in tha' big, red Abbey. Lotsa beasts there with they noses in books, eh? All snoozin' by th'fires." She waves a paw, but at the talk of slavers, she raises an eyebrow. "Doesn' /everybeast/ 'ate slavers?" She asks, frowning, but further talk is silenced by Hanzi's outburst, and she mirrors Felicity's expression. "He says he wants nothin' more than to be in th'Patrol, but can't say 'es ever acted like it." She sighs, quite familiar with her fellow recruit's behavior by this point. "They 'ave a Patrol 'are?!" Isla blurts out, eyes going wide. "Er, sorry. Sorry." She clears her throat.

Felicity's lips purse into a thin line, but stays respectfully quiet. Nodding, she asks, "What would m'resposnibilities be? If it 'as anythin' t'do with slavahs, I'm more than willin' to 'elp." She smoothes her papers again and poises her pencil in her right paw over the stack. "'M afraid I've been stuck in Salamandastron with some duties, so I don't know what all's been 'appenin' out on the shores and in 'Alyard." Glancing at the remaining Recruit, she sighs. "Sounds like 'Anzi 'as 'ad some 'ard times in 'is life. Aftah m'parents and brothah died, I struggled to act like a Patrollah. Some beasts don't 'andle the difficulties of life as well as others," she adds gently, not trying to excuse the other hare's behaviour, but at least try to explain it.

Tarsa just nods, she won't say whom is captive, she turns her attention back to the Corporal for now "Your be helping me track the slavers down, and it sounds like you need to step outside a bit anyways. Your need to be good at fighting also. And likely avoid the strange marten..."  Yeah he is a bit creepier than the foxes, well maybe not "Least the foxes are gone now, one less worry around here...never seen such ugly foxes, had fellow foxes as captives but the captive foxes were taken to halyard, not sure who is helping them now..."  She shakes her head "Seen the feline...Melthan or something...claims to be the leader of the Black rose....wants to take us out she claims..yeah right...told me and some old otter to watch our back..." She gets to thinking "Hmms may need to send someone to keep an eye on that old otter, he has a cane and limps...also" She sighs as she adds "He has some...fox cub that stays with him, so no one....no one.." Oh so hard to say it, but she does "No one harm the cub, even if he is a fox"  She hates foxes, that's clear...more so now since last night's events.   

"I s'pose tha's true." Isla frowns. "Ain't nevah knew me own parents, not really. Bu' I guess I'd be a right prat too if me uncle kicked it." She sighs, bending over her work and trying hard not to eavesdrop... At least she tries really hard to look like she isn't eavesdropping. This is all terribly exciting! But, for the recruit, it is merely a promise of the excitement she works for... Except this. This is just learning to /read/ - how terrible. The recruit squints down at the parchment in front of her, clumsily and sloppily copying each letter.   

Felicity scribbles down some of the information, nodding slightly. "Nobeast 'arms the young fox who's with the old otter, gottit. D'y'know the names of the ottah and the fox, Sah?" She writes down 'Blackrose' and draws an arrow to it with an exclamation point at the other end of the arrow, with 'Talk to Z' underneath the arrow. "I c'n fight with th' short sword and my legs, and I'm learnin' 'ow to use the sabre. I can also shoot stones from my sling pretty well." That's an understatement, but she's a rather humble haremaid, usually.

Tarsa nods "And Zolomon is a skilled archer, will need that..." She looks down at Isla and sighs "Don't...over stress on lessons recruit, stress is bad..trust me it's bad" She nods again to Felicity "The otter name is Hawkeye....not sure on the cub, sorry" Yeah dibbuns are not her....fave thing "He's a....di..dibbun." Dibbuns are such...unjoys to her, she never ever, ever ...wants one in her life just see them from afar, but she would still protect one.  "I need to change and talk to his Lordship...and then I want a meeting of all in our unit..."  She then walks out quietly.

"Well tha' all sounds bally important." Isla decides with a small smile as she goes back to struggling over her letters... But... "Come t'think of it, I /do/ believe a sergeant jus' gave me a direct order not t'stress on me classes too much." She looks up to Felicity with a grin, slamming her quill back to the table. "I am goin' te take a nap, I think." Still grinning, the recruit gathers up her things and tucks her quill into her mouth. "Good day, corporal!" She dismisses, heading towards the exit with a whistle.

Felicity writes down all she the information she needs, then glances up as the Recruit heads out.  "But that doesn't mean y'can skip out...oh, fer...."  Sighing, the Corporal looks at her notes.  Whelp, there went her day of studying.  Sighing again, she stands and gathers up the books she found, then heads back to the stacks.  Grabbing a few more picture books and another book on philosophy, the haremaid sits in a chair until a librarian shows up.  Checking her books out, the Runner heads back to her room, where she does her required studies.  Ungh, these books are so boring.....

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Board footer