Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-09 06:14:00 PM

Karth Riverbark

It Just Gets Worse and Worse-LP LOG

Whom:

Hanzi Conrad Firepaw Jackson-Me-LP Hare/Recruit

Tarsa Renee Vera Quickpaws-LP Hare/Sargeant/ Fighter

Adrian Hornswiggle Swiftbuck the Third - LP Hare/Corporal/ Runner

Montgomery Alexander Reginald William Baxter Fleetpaw the III- Lp Hare/Private/Fighter

Zolomon Arturo Garrick Anderson IV-LP Hre/ Runner/Private First Class

Log:

Hanzi has explored, and again gotten lost and finds himself wandering into the rec room "Whoa...wot this place?"

Zolomon answers as he sips a light ale "The recreation room lad, to relax and just try and be stress free" He takes another sip of the ale he has as he looks around, not busy...then again it's likely to not be busy anytime soon.

Hanzi nods as he finds a place to sit down "So..a place to relax ya say, Oh I am Hanzi a new recruit. I think I saw you at the abbey briefly I don't know. I didn't talk to anyone right away and then I finally did and..I think they tried to knock me out"

Zolomon shrugs "Well not sure whom would try and knock ya out or why." His glass is half full now as he yawns a little, it's good to relax, even if its only a day maybe.

Adrian pushes the door open and enters the room with a scowl. He makes his way to the bar, ignoring the the other hares, and looks for a stiff drink.

Hanzi shrugs "Is there..much to?" He then watches Adrian walk in and tilts his head as he whispers "He looks moody, is he moody? Why is he moody?" He just watches the hare and then finds something to drink, they have water right, or tea maybe.

Sitting over at a table near the back of the room, likely unnoticed by those already in the room and also those entering, is Private Montgomery Fleetpaw. Known by most as Monty, the young yet well-seasoned hare seems to be engrossed in his work; there is a parchment rolled out across the table in front of him...a map, it seems... and he is studying it intently, emerald eyes poring over each detail carefully. His single ear lies flat against the back of his head, expression scrunched up in concentration. The rest of the table is a general mess, with various charcoal pencils scattered about here and there, as well as a pawful of empty mugs of various sorts sitting there close at paw. His satchel lies near his footpaws on the floor, and it is quite apparent the buck is quite busy with his task.

Zolomon glaces over at Adrian and looks at Hanzi "Maybe...stay away from him then".

Hanzi just watches the  and smirks "There any hot root in this place, I have this really funny idea it will be the best."

Adrian grabs himself a mug of ale from the server, and he sighs. He looks down at a sheet of parchment in his paw, shaking his head. Taking a long, slow drink from his mug, sighing again, and then he spots Monty. Just the perfect hare to vent to. Even if the other buck looks like he's extremely busy. "Oy, Private Montgomery!"

Monty peers even closer at the map spread out in front of him, eyes squinting in concentration as he mutters softly. Reaching over, he picks up the small pair of spectacles that are sitting there nearby, perching them on the bridge of his nose. Paw tapping on the table impatiently, he stares at a particular spot on the map marked with a large X for quite a long time. "Hmmm, no, no no no, can't be right...maybe if we....OHBLOODYHELLSTEETH!!!!" As Adrian shouts his name, the buck looks up quickly in surprise, the sharp movement causing his glasses to tumble off his nose. At the same time, he fumbles with the pencil he was holding, causing it to fall to the table before rolling onto the floor. "Oh for the love of..." Monty sighs, before recognizing the voice and also the face of the one who shouted. His own features light up immediately. "Adrian!"

Zolomon answers "I..don't know and wot ever ya plan ta do with hot root anyways is likely a bad idea lad, so I advise ya don't"Hanzi pouts, oh there has to be something he can do. He then slumps into one of the soft chairs.

Hanzi says, "No hot root...needed hot root..why isn't there any, this place is no fun"

Adrian pays the other two bucks no mind, as he makes a bee-line for his friend's table. "Private Monty, Yah sure are a sight for sore eyes, wot. I been away far too long, I tell yah..." He grabs a chair, pulling it over to the table, and sits. "Wait, though... Did yah hear? I got promoted, just before we left for Mossflowah. 'M a bloomin' Corporal now! Hey! I'm yer superiah!" He grins, his earlier irritation momentarily forgotten. "It was about bloody well time, wot."

Monty reaches down to retrieve his wayward glasses. He examines them to make sure he didn't crack another pair, and once satisfied they are in one piece, he places them back upon his nose. "Hah! Never thought I'd hear those words from anybeast, bucko. Y'seen me lately? I'm a right bloody mess, would prob'ly scare me mother 'alf t'death!" The buck grins, obviously quite happy to see his best friend back in the Mountain, and in one piece. "Good t'have y'back...wot, Corporal issit, y'said? Wow, aren't you Mr Fancypants now. Just don't make me wash th'dishes or mop th'floors, and things'll be hunky dory n'all that." He winks, before picking up the nearest mug, peering inside. Upon seeing it empty, he sighs, then shrugs and sets it back down. "But yeah, can't think of another buck who deserves it s'much as you, mate. Congratulations!" He reaches over to clap Adrian on the back with a paw, then ends up tipping over the empty mug to send it clattering to the floor.

Zolomon frowns at Hanzi and glaces over at Monty and Adrian and decides to just stay where he is as he finishs the ale he has .

Another enters the Rec Room looking equal parts alarmed, overwhelmed, and lost - the typical expression of a fresh recruit. Isla has finally been fitted for a uniform, so her bard clothes, and all of the bangly accessories with them, are gone - she isn't used to dressing in such a stiff, uptight manner. She isn't used to /any/ of this, really... Circus? Piece of cake. Tavern shows? Easy. Signing away her life to a military power? Maybe not her brightest idea... But she's trying. The doe spies Hanzi and Private Zolomon angles towards them, leaving an empty seat between her and Hanzi before ordering a cordial from the 'tender. There is some sort of reunion and dishware-tossing happening, and she tries not to stare. "This place is bloody massive, eh? Swear I've been lost since me bloomin' feet touched rock."

Adrian laughs heartily, and takes a long draught of ale. "Oy, Monty, trust me... I won't let it go ta mah head. I still gotta report ta mah superiah, too, aftah all. It ain't all roses." After that, he sighs, looking down at the parchment he's still holding. "I'm glad ta find ya, though. All I've been thinkin' about is gettin' back 'ere, an' seein' mah friends... An' even mah fam'ly. An' y'know wot's hilarious? I ran inta fam'ly, alright... Mah bloomin' FATHAH is mah boss." He takes another long swig of ale, deciding he probably needs more alcohol for this revelation. "Mah Da. Is mah boss... Where do I even staht with how messed up that is?"

Hanzi nods "This place be a maze that's blooming for sure. I dislike mazes really and no windows either, well there is a very small few..very small few in fact" He shakes his head as if trying to figure it all out, then thinks "But I still wanna be a long patrol hare, tis me dream and I will one day be a great warrior hare"

Sipping daintily at her cordial, Isla's gaze nervously flicks from Hanzi, to Zolomon, to the interaction between the two friends. She snorts out a laugh. "Then maybe ye should stop tickin' off Sergeant Tarsa." She certainly doesn't feel like part of the Patrol, yet - but, the doe decides, there is hardly any use moping. She has made this decision, it's in her blood - she'll be better if it kills her! Which... Well... It might? Draining the last of her cordial, the doe pushes away from the bar. "See ye in trainin', yeah?" She slips back out of the Rec Room - if she does enough push-ups in her free time, maybe one day, they won't hurt so badly...

Zolomon watches her head head and shrugs, "Well de long patrol is a life time commitment and.....hard work, but worth it I think. As for upsetting Tarsa...she has a point, bad idea to get on her bad side, trust me lad"

In the process of reaching down to retrieve the fallen mug, Monty happens to catch a glimpse of Isla entering the room. He immediately recognizes the awkward posture and the air of uncertainty and confusion hovering about the doe; he himself had been in the exact same position not -too- long ago, and so he can absolutely relate to that overwhelming feeling of intimidation that is felt upon entering the Mountain. Especially to a newcomer. Giving her a sympathetic smile as she seats herself near Hanzi and Zolomon, the buck tries his best to not look TOO intimidating, which, given his size, isn't really that difficult a task. It's the scars, mostly. "Yep, as they say, all roses 'ave thorns, yeah?" Monty grins to his friend, before listening to his current predicament with his best attempt at sympathy...though this is a different sympathy than the one for Isla. "Y'don't say? Huh." He blinks, having already known this information previously, but Adrian doesn't need to know that. "Ya, mate, not sure wot I'ddo if I had t'take orders from me pa. Well, I mean...beside the usual ones we gotta follow anyways, right?" he chuckles, with a shrug. "Aw, your old man's not THAT bad. Had a chance t'chat with im a bit. Had another episode in front of im. Y'know, the usual..." Wincing at the memory, he blinks as Isla leaves just as quickly as she had entered the room, then turns back to Adrian. "New recruits, hmm?"

Adrian grimaces, only briefly noticing Isla enter and exit. "Aye, Recruits," He agrees, sighing. He's had to put up with them for days now. Looking over at Monty again, he sighs. "Not tha' bad? Oy, yer right. *He's* not really th' problem, though. *I* am." Another swig of ale, before he continues. "I don't measure up to 'is expectations, Monty... Y'know wot 'is first words ta me were? When 'e first saw me? Not, 'I'm happy to see ya, son.' Not 'I'm so glad yer okay.' No. First words were, 'Yah've got new ordahs.' I've not been home a *day*, an' 'e's already shufflin' me off ta heaven knows where." The buck slams him fist on the table in anger. "He doesn't want ta face me, Monty. He knows how strained our relationship is.. This could 'ave been an opportunity to fix that, but instead, he's pushin' me away. Like always..."Hanzi grins and finds pepper and looks over at Adrian and frowns a little, pepper is put down now as he frowns and looks at the floor,he sniffs a little as he mutters "Least you have a dad...."

Zolomon looks at the pepper and sighs "Wot ya gonna do with the..."And the pepper is put down .He hmmms as he looks at Hanzi and over at the other two hares as he gets up and finds some more light ale and gets a couple glasses of it and brings them over, one for Hanzi and one for himself "Hey...drink lad?"

Monty holds up a paw to Adrian. "Hold that thought, mate..." He gets up from his chair, heading over to the bar. Not too long after, he returns to the table carrying a mug which he sets down in front of Adrian. "Put some o'that in your face, bucko. Always helps me when I feel unwanted and disrespected." He doesn't mention what the concoction is, exactly, Adrian's just gonna have to trust him on this one. "Look, sah...I'm really gonna have to get used to sayin' that now, aren't I...?" He gives his friend a mischievous grin, before returning to a serious tone. "I'm sure you've heard this before, but...he's your daddo an' 'e respects you, I'm sure e's jus' got a weird way o'showin' it. Some parents just have a hard time dealin' with th'fact that they're responsible for a life besides their own, y'know?" The buck sighs, "I understand feelin' upset that 'e didn't greet you when ya got home, but from talkin' to him, he thinks he's doin' what's best for ya. Whether or not that's true, I honestly dunno, but...cheers,eh?" Monty holds up his own mug, holding it out towards Adrian's. "Chin up, bucko. Got some good news, y'know." He nods down towards the map in front of him.

Hanzi stares at the glass of ale, he looks at it and sniffs it, he stares at it some more and sits up "Ale...never had ale before" He looks at the others and the Zolomon"DO all patrolers drink ale? Is it good?" He takes a long sip and stands, he then proceeds to..pass out, yep the hare can't hold his ale it seems. What fun.

=The next morning, late morning ==

Hanzi liked the library, it was quiet, then librarys are supposed to be quiet anyways so he could sit here and think, try and get over a bad headache will would likely just get worse knowing his luck and he missed morning exercises, so he over sleep..what ever.

Tarsa walks into the library and on over to the other hare and sits in a chair across from him "So...one you missed morning drills, not a good start to being here. Two..need to discuss the wandering off issue when we arrived back"

Hanzi frowns "I have a headache....and I already said sorry and supposed to talk to Ciocan....or do I talk to you instead...both?"

Tarsa folds her arms over her chest "Both...half paid attention to an interesting talk in the tavern at Halyard...bout a fox, a cat and you and how you knew them, how? It could be important if you know them or knew them. I know you ran into a rat on the beach, as did a fox cub..why vermin were after vermin no clue, but that's not the thing..here is the thing, this possible slavers...who are they and how do they know you? You claimed to be from Mossflowerr ALL ya life"

Hanzi frowns "I am from Mossflower, western area...and the rat was one of the slavers..I swear he was and he has this tattoo and so did the cat, she wasn't with the rat but I bet she is around."

Tarsa sighs "All the horde was taken care of, all the vermin died as those who ran was chased and killed by a long patrol hare, or a otter or some other beast, one got taken by an eagle supposedly."

Zolomon walks in hearing some of it "They had tattoos? Wot sort?" He salutes Tarsa almost forgetting in fact and stays close, but not all the way over to where they are.

Hanzi frowns "Like a flower, it was black though and there was vines and stuff.."He frowns "And they....like to mark their ...slaves with a tattoo too but its far from as fancy as the ones the vermin have with vines and thorns and more detailed black flower, I..I don't know what flower is what, tis..a flower I know that."

Tarsa says, "Lot of vermin have tattoos but never knew any to like flowers, or give slaves a tattoo....guess be a good way to make sure they got someone back maybe""

Zolomon frowns and his ear droops, "Black flower?" His voice sounds a bit concerned, and when thorns and vines are mentioned he seems to frown more and walks over "Can I see your upper left arm?" He knows from past dealing with some slavers in Mossflower, that's where they put a tattoo for slaves.

Hanzi frowns "Why?" He made it his goal to hide his arms, yeah he changed but he never let anyone see his upper arms,"It's...not that..."He frowns "Its not the same as the cat or..rat had"

Tarsa arches an eyebrow"Why do you want him to show you his upper left arm?" Wait, this recruit mentioned being a slave, and hey if it helps, "Recruit, take off the shirt or least enough to show your left arm and its not a request" Nope an order and from an officer so he best listen.

Zolomon frowns at Tarsa but doesn't say anything and just gives Hanzi a reassuring smile, like a smile will likely help.

Hanzi looks between Tarsa and Zolomon and frowns, he starts to shake his head and then sighs and he unbuttons the shirt and lowers it just enough to show his left shoulder, a simple outline of a black rose, no thorns or vines its simple, an outline and then adjusts the shirt so he can re button it"They did it..I belonged to them she said...she and the rat did disappear, thar was talk that the stoat killed her, that rat stuck around though but he disappeared before the last fight. Me and some other slaves were freed...like a couple weeks before the Patrol came, we stayed some where in Ferravale but I didn't, I sort of stayed in the woods and managed to avoid the vermin, I didn't go to that fight though and waited till it was over and ...well looked for de patrol or what was left of ya guys, figured the cat and the rat were killed, g..guess they were not"

Tarsa studies the flower and hmmms "Odd..well its possible I guess they could of decided to leave, some vermin are smart like that and leave, others are not. But two vermin cant do much harm, right?"

Zolomon frowns "Blackrose...the rat is Stomfang, I can't remember the cat's name but she was like the leader, and the stoat did try and kill her , she tricked the abbey into healing her and showed where the slaves was to, as she said , get back at Ormaz and then she killed a couple Mossflower Defenders and got away."He frowns "She cam..here? Here of all places...well the western shores..and she is the type to try and start trouble Sergeant, trust me."

Hanzi says, "So...we gonna hunt them down and slay them, like before they cause major trouble?"

Tarsa sighs as she thinks "We are not just gonna go off and hunt down vermin. The long patrol don't go rushing off every time someone sees a vermin, we figure things out and make a plan, not just rush off like fools"

Zolomon nods "She has a point, dangerous to go zooming off, wot....and ya all just barely got back."

Hanzi taps the arm of the chair with his fingers and then stands up and stomps his foot paw "Why? You seemed to just confirm I know what I be talking bout and those 2...they...they are de reason mom and dad are dead so those 2 vermin..need dead, why not go after them!"

Tarsa shakes her head "You recruit need to calm down and just going off in a rage is not a plan, its foolish is what it is"

Zolomon says, "We can think up a plan, maybe talk to a major or his lordship. Find out more info on maybe where they could be...you saw the rat but not the feline, did he mention her or anything, a direction he went?""

Hanzi snorts and storms over to Tarsa, "I..I am not waiting, why wait? You know I will just go and ya all can lazy around the stupid mountain if ya so tried after ....oh such a long trip!!" Yes he is angry and just seems to have a short fuse today, but when it comes to slavers...he does have a short fuse.

Tarsa narrows her eyes and stands slowly, paws at her side,"Get out of my face and to the barracks Recruit Hanzi, now...we shall have a chat soon or maybe I will send Major Varus ta chat with ya instead"Oh it so depends on her mood and frankly she is tried of this hare.

Hanzi narrows his eyes and balls his fist, sure obey the order..what ever as he goes to turn to leave and then just spins around and sends a punch towards the Sargent, if he gets flipped..what ever he will just sneak out later, if it connects...well ...

Tarsa is tried, she didn't sleep well all the questions from hares..why this?why that? Why did so and so have to die and oh you could of save them and done better and yet she still did morning drills and then this annoying recruit in her face, she seems relieved when he starts, that's starts..to head to the barracks but there is rare times she can get surprised and this turns out to be one of them, the punch connects and ends up knocking her out cold, lucky there is the chair she can land it, so that's good at least.

Zolomon eyes go wide "Tarsa!

Zolomon eyes go wide "Tarsa!" He goes to check on her and looks over at Hanzi, oh...he is FAR from happy, Hanzi should run maybe.

Hanzi backs up, ok he was not expecting it to conenct, he goes to quickly head to the doorway and get to the hallway and , well somewhere other than here!

Tarsa is unconscious, her jaw isn't broken but its gonna be sore a couple days and she might end up with a slightly black eye.

Zolomon is the fastest runner here and so the unlucky recruit does not  make it to the door before he is tackled and held down. The runner glares at Hanzi"You just..."He will force him to stand up and will shove him into a chair"Sit DOWN!" He takes a deep breath "And stay there till I get someone in here to ..."Well he isn't sure what but the voice means the recruit best listen or, well the well is unclear. Zolomon then goes to gently lift Tarsa and head to the infirm, if Hanzi knows what is best, he will stay seated till told otherwise.

Hanzi gasped as he hits the floor and struggles slightly as he is dragged to a chair and falls into it, he frowns as he sees the look on the other hares face and gulps "I..y..yes sir"

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2018-11-09 06:18:44 PM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#2 2018-11-15 05:47:45 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer