Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-07 04:20:33 PM

Karth Riverbark

Sand..It's everywhere!-LP LOG

Who:

Hanzi Conrad Firepaw Jackson-Me-Recruit in the LP

Adrian Hornswiggle Swiftbuck the Third -Corporal/ runner in the LP

Lord Ciocan- Badger Lord

Tarsa Renee Vera Quickpaws- Sargeant/Fighter in the Lp

Spoofed hares (Privates)

Log:

Hanzi was glad to finally see the sea and smiled, taking a deep breath and looked around."Ahhh the salty air, I missed it."

Tarsa shakes her head "Missed it? So you seen the sea before or something?" She is glad herself, one a lot more leg room to move, and she just wanted to get home as soon as possible"Ok every one, we have a little less than a day travel. We march the rest of the way from here."A couple privates nodded, one sighed as if unsure what they wanted, others were just silent.

Hanzi smirks, "It can still be missed and..well..ok no not seen it before but always wanted to say something like that.."He gets a good look "Whao it's..large, how large is this sea anyways , where is the other side, it has another side right?"

A chuckle is heard and any hare comes at attention quickly, when the Badger Lord Ciocan speaks,  "Parts of the sea is endless, there is islands and there is another side, but tis fairly far off..miles off, rivers go into the sea."He gets in front of the hares and nods to Tarsa and glaces at Hanzi"I am sure your get a close up look at the sea, now we should get marching as we still have little ways to go before we are home, I am sure there will be hares waiting for us, one can see a great distance from the crater."

Tarsa salutes and nods "Sur, yes sur only a march up the shoreline and home."She is slightly worried, what sort of welcome back will there be, but she can worry later.

Hanzi salutes also and listens, he frowns "So..marching, we aren't taking the boat the rest of the way?"

Ciocan steps over to Hanzi "There is a lot of marching in the Long Patrol recruit, your need to get use to it."He steps over to the boat to speak with the hedgehog and otter, after a little while he returns and the boat starts to head off, guess its heading back to Mossflower as the badger lord goes to take his place in front of the hares "Sargent..beside me, the Corporal can stay near the back."

Tarsa nods and walks beside him quietly, she keeps an eye out for any troubles. Walking along the sands and seeing the coast again gave her mixed feelings, yes she was glad to be almost home just what awaited them when they got home, so many questions and most she most likely rather not answer.

Hanzi mutters, and stops to get sand out of his boot "It's sand! Its everywhere! Its in my boots, in my fur...this is annoying why is there so much sand, everywhere sand..here and there and..it won't...end."

Ciocan glaces back at Hanzi "Recruit, don't get left behind your expected to keep up with the rest of us and sand is also something your need to get use to"

Tarsa groans, she already knows this recruit is going to be annoying. She was uncertain how annoying he would get but at least recruits didn't go on missions, they stay in the mountain, least that part of good in her mind.

Hanzi ears go down "But the sand is..its all over sur, how does one keep it ..well off. Does this happen very often? No one told me there be THIS much sand."He does get up and manages to catch up, only to get more sand in his boots and sighs as he just gives up, the sand was there to stay it seemed.

Ciocan chuckles "The sand will not go away recruit, it was here long before any of us, or even those before us."He looks ahead as there is still some distance to go, "There will be much..change to get use to, for all of us to get use to."

Tarsa frowns "Not many like change, I know no one who does in fact. I am suspecting there will be a lot more training, more intense in fact now. Likely least one meeting of officers shortly after we get back"

Hanzi groans"More training? Wot kind of training?" Marching he has decided, he hates a lot.

Ciocan says, "extra training is a for sure, and I do expect a meeting of officers when we get back Sargent and likely a meeting of all the hares in the mountain as well. A lot of change to go over, as well as dealing with questions, we may have a small memorial at the mountain for those lost, as the hares that stayed will want one so they too can remember those lost""

Tarsa is starting to get in a bad mood but resits the urge to tell Hanzi to shut up, she instead keeps her focus on Ciocan as he speaks and nods every so often.

Adrian is marching along a bit more cheerfully than Hanzi. Marching helps him think. "Hanzi, this is wot yah signed up for..."

Hanzi frowns and groans more, he also grumbles about sand, again with the sand and how its all over and needs to go away. "I liked the boat, why couldn't we of just took the boat further, there is water."

Ciocan answers "The boat was to go as far as where the sea meet the river, that is all." He glaces at Tarsa and Adrian and speaks again" And we were not keeping the boat, it belongs to the two that helped us this far and they own it, not us. We do not have too far to go before we get home"

Tarsa marches along, every so often making sure a private doesn't fall behind, speaking to one that almost trips and sighs as she goes back beside the badger lord, she stays silent for now just marching, wanting to get home sooner rather than later.

Adrian nods. "Aye, it'll be good ta see th' bloomin' mountain again, wot..."

Hanzi frowns, "So...whats it like inside the mountain, I mean it's a mountain..or is it sort of a cave with a lot of tunnels?"

Ciocan speaks "The sooner we get back the better. And your have to see it for yourself Recruit and you will soon enough. Just a little further and we can relax some. I don't think I will have anyone do anything, least for a day..though there may be a meeting, but after a day's rest expect extra training, more intense and more drills to have"

Tarsa says, "Getting home will be good, not sure what to expect though. The mountain does know of...what happen , word was sent. Bound to of already been some changes.""

Adrian sighs. "Aye, there probably are. I wondah wot ev'rybeast will think when they see us?"

Hanzi frowns,he is unsure of weather to speak or not, but finds the courage "Won't they be happy hares are..alive, I mean all the hares could of died or...th badger lord could of died too. But some hares survived and the badger lord did. I mean...well...."He is not sure ok, "I mean...you know they should still be welcoming, we been through a lot...well the hares who..the long patrol been through a lot past few days..weeks even right?"

Ciocan listens as the hare speaks, a few privates even quietly speaks among themselves "We shall see when we get there"He says quietly.

Tarsa says, "Its one of those wait till we get home things. I am sure we will be welcomed back. And there will be questions that demand answers and some wont like the answers I am sure""

Adrian nods again. "Aye, th' Sahgeant's right." He sighs. "I'll be really glad ta see home, though."

Hanzi says, "So..mixed feelings?" He asks, it's the only thing he can come up with"Right?"

Ciocan says, "The others will be glad to see us yes, a lot will likely go on the first day or so, or perhaps not much at all, we shall find out soon enough. I will also suggest no one goes to Halyard right away. Least for a few days"

Tarsa says, "I for one didn't plan to go anywhere, seen enough outdoors for a while, much rather just stay inside a few days myself"

Adrian says, "Same here, Sahgeant. Same here."

Hanzi has been quiet, most likely pleasing a lot and then he speaks "What's Halyard. Is it like a town or something?"

Ciocan nods and points to a path up ahead that goes off to the side"That path up ahead of us leads to it, a sea side village about an hour and a half from the mountain, I have not been there myself, but a lot of hares have"

Tarsa says, "Halyard isn't that special of a village. Vermin and woodlander live there, don't always get along and there is a boat dock, I would not suggest going alone, if one goes at all but as his Lordship says no one goes anywhere for a few days""

Hanzi says, "But a sea side village, it sounds cool. I want to see it and I bet there is no sand in the village, is there?" Then again the sand, its everywhere but he has gotten use to it, well somewhat. He will likely have enough sand to make a small sand castle when they get to the mountain finally. He looks up and towards the path and then forwards to get a look at the mountain or least maybe the outside of it, then again he would only see the outside."

Adrian shades his eyes, looking toward the south. "Yes, shouldn't be that much longer to get home."

Ciocan smiles as he see the mountain up ahead, still not too close but each step gets them closer to it."3-4 hours time. We can stop briefly for lunch and then head the rest of the way there. We should be able to arrive in time for dinner, or slightly late but I am sure they will wait for us as they likely have or will spot us very soon"

Tarsa nods"Stopping for short lunch will be good sur" She will make sure the others are ok, most likely they will be glad of a short rest.

Hanzi grins "Rest time..chow time..."Even if it is rasions, rasions be gone soon, right? Well he hopes so and he can work on getting sand from his boots and out of his fur and he sneezes, great it got in his nose.

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2018-11-07 06:12:49 PM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer