Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-31 03:20:33 PM

Karth Riverbark

Hotroot is ONLY for Otters

Whom:

Private Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- Me- Residental Hare of Redwall Abbey

Kenya Riverpike-Novice of Redwall Abbey

Antole Mosswood- Otter of Camp Willow

Tassel Mosswood-Otter of Camp Willow

spoofed baby otter

Log:

Anatole held his daughter and smiled. He had decided and it felt right, he looked over at his mate and smiled “Well Love..are you sure?”

Tassel nodded as she smiled “I think Camp Willow would be nice and it needs otters dear.”

Anatole chuckled “I suppose so and I think our daughter will like it as well, as it would be nice to be around other otters.”He smiles “you know all the time, not just sometimes.”

Kenya walks along the road and skips a little as it was nice to be able to go for a walk and not worry someone or something jumping out suddenly at you. She stopped to look at some colored leaves and smiled a little getting a pawful and tossing them into the air and letting them fall all around her and back onto the path.

Ewan ventured out, for the first time since the siege happen. He did still look back and forth a little nervous yet and frowned. “So...Ferravale or perhaps elsewhere? I should learn of places, you know, around the Abbey and what state they are in.” He glaces up as he sees the other two otters and sort of slows some at first and then walks a little faster and calls out “Umm...hallo thar, your the ones who were by the river and the traditional..umm..feel water on back or..what was it?”

Anatole turns and smiles “Old otter tradition yes good sir hare, to let a young otter feel the flowing water onto their back, so they are better able to later swim in the water and truly be an otter.”He tickles his daughter who giggles.

Tassel smiles, “We decided to live at Camp Willow, they need some otters there and...well we volunteered to be a part of it. A small cottage and always around the river, I am going to learn to garden and maybe be a healer and Anatole is still gonna be a warrior”

Kenya smiles “Neat. I live at Redwall and so does Father..he is the caretaker of the pond for the abbey.”

Ewan listens closely “So...w..what shape is Camp Willow in? Some scrolls in the abbey said it was attacked by Vikings and burned and they are rebuilding it back slowly, that was like..near last winter or Autumn, I think”

Anatole speaks “I believe it was near the end of Summer, not this past Summer but the one before it. There has been a good deal of repair and the numbers are low and that's why not many showed up they need warriors and some other otters.”

Tassel nods”We had thought of  Camp Willow before but never could find it and now we have found it and they are so very welcoming. Yes Redwall is as well and Redwall is wonderful of course but...well Camp Willow..”She smiles “Its an otter thing I suppose”

Kenya listens as they talk as its rude to interrupt, she has heard of Camp Willow somewhat just never been there.

Ewan nods as he takes out a quill pen and some paper and jolts down words as he looks them over and jolts down more “How interesting and  Guess Camp Willow was keep hidden from the horde or was it messed up by them?”

Anatole shakes his head”They never found it, its even more hidden now since the vikings, maybe even moved slightly from where it was as some repairs were not able to be made but at the same time, it helped to better hid the location even better, so it still worked out very well for the camp. The numbers are low but they are recruiting and they even helped the abbey with fighting the horde, and I believe shared some Hotroot powder with the abbey and some dried fish.”

Tassel looks around “We should get on going dear before it gets too late in the day. Night still makes me a little uneasy”

Kenya steps back and looks at Ewan”Umm..I am supposed to be with an adult, so...your going back to the abbey right?”

Ewan nods “Yes I am..”His stomach growls as he frowns “After some...snack of some sort.”

Anatole grins”Ya both wait right there”He hands the baby otter to Tassel and disappears a short while, when he returns its with some watercress, hotroot, and shrimp.” I already have a little arrowroot, few mushrooms, and now shrimp,watercress and hotroot and couple other things in me bag and dinner be ready.”He smiles and makes Hot root soup, and warms some bits of bread he had, and there is some water in canteens to share”Dinner and then a short walk ta Camp Willow”

Tassel chuckles and sits down, the baby is asleep in her arms but she can still carefully eat some food and sip some water “Its very good”

Kenya smiles and of course gets some soup and bread to dip into it as she looks at Ewan “Try it, otters love it”

Ewan hmmms and takes a bit of a too large bite and coughs downing all his water and coughing more as he scoots it away “I..I can wait..Hootroot is evil who would want to purposely burn their mouth away, or their throat or their lips...I need more water!!” He sips more water and coughs more and frowns “Otters cam keep it, not meant for hares”

Anatole just bursts into laughing and wipe his eyes “Never seen a hare turn down food..oh my seasons..this is funny!!”

Tassel glares at Anatole and shakes her head “Love...some are not use to the hotroot...ok be nice”

Kenya eats her soup more and drinks some water, “Maybe he can eat something else?”

Ewan frowns and looks down the path “I..we, me and Kenya can go on to Ferravale..some place has food there right?”

Kenya nods and waves bye to the two otters and catches up with the hare “I would think so, even without the tavern”

===They walk a couple hours and then get to Ferravale ===

Ewan was still a Long Patrol Hare, so he still had his training to always be alert and on the look out as he walked, he frowns “I should of brought a snack or two. Why didn't we bring a snack?”

Kenya shrugs as they walks along “I don't know, you know there is a berry bush and this like lone pear tree on the way.”She smiles and rushes ahead when she sees the tree and climbs it getting down 4 pears, two each and hands the hare a couple and smiles as she points to a blackberry bush “And we do still have water, so we are good” She is in a good mood for the most part, but the fact the sun went down does make her nervous as she looks back and forth.

Ewan nibbles the fruit and nods “It is alright, hear the crickets, they would not be singing if something bad was around, crickets know somehow but I am unsure how.”After walking a little ways more they come upon the gates and are let inside as the hare hmmms softly “I am not sure where to go, any idea?”

Kenya shrugs “I don't know. Maybe Town Hall we can ask someone maybe” She finds a guard, gee he must be new as they talk a while and the otter maid returns “He said town hall, there is still some cots, pillows and blankets there and he is gonna tell Blisa we are here and she can see us tomorrow, it is now time to sleep so let's sleep..k?” She finds a cot and lays down, soon falling asleep though a slight bit restless, but she soon falls into a better sleep.

Ewan sits nearby her, then gets up and sits on a cot beside the otter and looks around. He decides it's fine to sleep and yawns as he too is soon asleep and hopefully breakfast awaits them, or so he hopes some sort of breakfast awaits them.

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2018-11-01 02:35:50 PM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#2 2018-11-01 02:14:33 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Hotroot is ONLY for Otters

I hope we can RP Ewan, Kenya, and Blisa talking soon!  Maybe not today, but hopefully Saturday smile  A good, decent breakfast would be awaiting them; it's illegal in Ferravale to eat birds. smile

Board footer