Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-24 12:45:15 PM

Ximena

Not Wise To Sleep In- LP Log

Who:

Tarsa- Sargeant/ Drill Sargeant/ Fighter in the LP

Hanzi- Recruit in the LP

Sinway- Brother in the Redwall Order

Mary- Novice in the Redwall Order

Kenya- Novice in the Redwall Order

Log:

Hanzi was lazy, more so this morning and sleep in, like way in and still was sleeping mid-morning.

Tarsa enters the guest room, she wastes no time as she has already had a bad morning, she just lifts the bed hare and all and tilts it so he will fall flat on his face onto the floor"Wake up call..get up!"

Hanzi grumbles, rolls onto the floor and opens his eyes. He snorts "Go away.."He yawns and just curls up, yeah still tried.

Tarsa glares, wrong thing to say as she grabs his foot paws and drags him from the room, who cares if some abbey beasts stare at them, she looks at one who backs off rather quickly as she goes into the open ground and stands over him"100 push ups and sit ups NOW!" Oh yeah she means business. And has that...well it's not a good look on her face that's for sure.

Hanzi gasps as he is dragged outside "Hey lady wot the..."And he sees the look, ok that look is evil as he quickly stands up and gives a salute that's a little messed up and starts to do some push ups, he frowns half way threw "Your...mean...." He finishes the push ups and groans."Its too early, no breakfast yet...how could you DO THIS ?"

Sinway was already sitting outside on the ground, enjoying one of the few nice days left before the fall weather officially sets in. He was in the middle of reading a book until a rather loud and angry hare comes out dragging Hanzi "Do ye have to be shoutin' so early marm?" He asks Tarsa not looking up from his book

Tarsa looks at the otter and just narrows her eyes, and looks back to the other hare." DO better push ups and sit ups...oh no you missed breakfast poor baby, who's fault is that not mine."

Hanzi frowns as he groans, he does the sit ups and some better push ups, he looks at Sinway "Run..she'll make you do em' next."

What in the /blazes/ could be causing such a racket this early? The sleeves of Mary's habit are darkened - a good sign of early dish-washing duties - as she runs over from the entry. "I - " She stops, upon seeing the hares doing... Hare things as Sinway sits nearby, her eyes wide. "Good heavens, I thought we were under attack again."

Sinway chuckles a little looking up at Tarsa "I'm not a Long Patrol recruit, Tarsa has no more authority over me then the fish in the pond do lad." His ears perk at the sound of Mary's voice turnin' his head "Mornin' to ye lass, no attack just just a noisy hare and a young recruit who hasn't yet learned how things work in the Long Patrol."

Tarsa just males sure he does the exercises correctly, if he doesn't he will have to redo them. She then snorts "Now..5 laps around the grounds..now" He best do it and she looks at Sinway."Don't push your luck. I could make anyone do exercises if I needed to."

Hanzi does indeed mess up once and starts over. But now he is so tried he looks horrible "But...need food." He does go to do laps, trips once and gets up again and is back to laps, horrible laps, is every morning going to be like this?

"I didn't think woodlanders stood for slavery." The novice sniffs, giving the two hares a wide berth to approach Sinway - whom she has deemed as 'much more approachable and not actively shouting'. "This all seems... A little barbaric, does it not, sir? I mean... Do we /help/ him...?" Sweet, spoiled Mary has not had many dealings with the Long Patrol, and watches poor Hanzi stumble off with mixed pity and judgment. "I had wanted to get some studying done on the grounds, but..." She falters as Tarsa looks their way, and she crosses her arms defiantly. "Couldn't make /me/ do them." The youngster declares with a huff.

Sinway sighs a little turning back to his book "With all do respect marm, I see no reason to do anything ye say, and I don't think yer about to threaten a member of the abbey order as well." He states simply, turning the page in his book and keeps reading before addressing Mary "No lass, we don't help him, he be a Long Patrol recruit and Tarsa be his superior, Hanzi is goin' to have to get used to this as it will be part of his trainin'" he pats the spot next to him for Mary to sit.

Tarsa looks at Mary, every so often at the other hare as she speaks "If you were a recruit you would be doing double the exercise. This is basic training either one comes out better or they cry home to their mothers...."She smirks "I have seen both in fact."

Hanzi finishes his exercises and stumbles back, he falls flat on his face and slowly looks up at Tarsa, "Can I..like go now? I missed breakfast, wot is it almost lunch, I'm gonna starve too death"

"Why would he /want/ to do that?" The novice blinks, obediently occupying the space that Sinway has indicated, though she turns that defiant eye back on Tarsa as she does so. "I am sure that you have, marm, what with all the shouting and crassness." But then Hanzi has returned, and Mary tilts her head curiously. "...I think he may be latter." She admits with a wince. "Though I suppose all of this is the equivalent of Sister Mathashu making you cut potatoes until the sun has gone to sleep; standing there with her spoon." She imitates a typical 'wooden spoon smacking motion, one that she has become all too familiar with in her time as a novice. "To each beast, their own. I suppose."

Sinway sighs and looks up "But I ain't a recruit marm so comments like that do not help." The whole time he is rather cheerful his voice not once showing anything but a happy and cheerful tone before turnin' to Mary "Tis not somethin' so easily explained lass." He answers before going back to his book turning the page and starts reading

Tarsa rolls her eyes" You can be respectful and wait for lunch."She just stands there for a few moments and looks around "Go help do something till lunch and trust me I will know weather you helped or not, I have my ways."She glaces at the two Redwall beasts and looks at the hare in front of her "Go..dismissed."

Hanzi nods and salutes, he stands there just in case it seems and then walks off slowly, he will help rack some leaves.

Nodding slowly, Mary lets out a soft sigh and pushes herself to her feet. "And I will dismiss myself - I have a list of herb names to memorize and this is not the place to do so, this morning." She decides, throwing Tarsa a cheeky mock-salute before turning on her heel and heading back towards the Entry and Great Hall beyond it. Another stuffy day spent in the library, it seems - and the weather was /so/ nice, pity.

Sinway waves goodbye to Mary before turning back to his book "So Tarsa do tell, why ye in such a foul mood, worried about Zolomon?" He asks out right not even looking up from his book

Tarsa is quiet before answering "I do..would like to know how all privates are doing, we have so little now. I am sure he.......made it or will make it"She does sound worried.

Hanzi is still raking leaves, though he jumps into them..hey a few dibbuns are so he is! A chuckle and he is making the pile of leaves again. He is helping, right? Sort of?

Sinway nods looking up from his book "Well try not to project on yer new recruit, has he officially joined yet?." He frowns looking over at Hanzi "Sure he over slept but give the lad some slack he just got free of slavery, I be tryin' to be respectful of yer ways but still."

Tarsa raises an eyebrow "From slavery?" She looks over at the recruit "And he is a recruit, they go through this basic training, which is far from basic...another former recruits words, not my own."

Kenya makes her way into the open ground slowly and watches from a distance.

Hanzi chuckles a little as he is having fun with leaves, of course the pile is ruined over and over again either by him or the 3-4 dibbuns who watch him make the pile, only to destroy it!

Sinway nods his head "Aye, and his parents didn't make it, tis why he wants to join the long patrol, to fight vermin, the lad has a deep hatred of them so go easy on him marm, till ye at least start makin' yer way to the mountain." He turns his head to watch Hanzi and the dibbuns sighing a little "Hey ye little rascals stop messin' up his leave piles im sure ye have class to get to, I hear the friar needs some dish washers if ye rather not be in class." As he is calling to the dibbuns he spots Kenya out of the corner of his eye "Kenya, me little sea shell." He pats the spot next to him "how are ye?"

Tarsa nods "Slavers are..evil. I dislike vermin but some are....well..confusing"

Sinway chuckles a little at tarsa comment "Like how vermin where helpin' to defeat the horde, or how it was a vermin, Marek who sacrificed him self to stop his brother and how that helped swing the battle and helped end it faster." He closes his book and sits it to the side "Like I was tryin' to tell hanzi yesterday, not all vermin are evil."

Kenya smiles and walks over and sits by Sinway. "Hey your in Brother robes now"She smiles.

Hanzi frowns as the 3-4 dibbuns rush off leaving him to finish the pile of leaves he is helping to rake up, he then sits down quietly.

Tarsa nods "I..saw what happen to Marek, he was the one on the boat, I..remember." She is not going to say what happen, not with a young novice here.

Sinway smiles and pats his daughter's head "Aye, I'm a brother of the order now, Benar said he wasn't going to make me go through the whole novice process again as I was almost a brother before I.....well made a really big mistake." He picks up his book and opens it again its a book on gardening for anyone who might look "When me leg gets better me official job will be to take care of the abbey pond."

Kenya smiles"That's good”She hugs Sinway"The pond may be frozen before you can do too much though"

Tarsa just watches quietly and looks back to Hanzi and snorts but she lets it go for now, let him sit for the time being .

Hanzi stands and looks over at the Sargent and does a salute before walking towards the entry.

Sinway wraps one arm around her and hugs her back "Aye, most likely, but that just gives me all winter to read up on the finer points of takin' care of our pond." He then waves to Hanzi as he walks off before looking up at tarsa "Why don't ye sit down and relax a little marm, tis a nice day out after all."

Kenya smiles." It will look nice for Spring right?"

Tarsa remains standing and finally sits down, "One can not rest too long when its important to keep busy and make sure all is well"

Sinway hmms a little "Maybe not right away, I might need to do some work on it, but it will be looking nice in no time." He looks over at Tarsa "But tis also important to not push yer self to much, I was doin' that when all this started and got sick a few times."

Kenya smiles "Maybe I can help with the pond, or am I allowed?"

Tarsa says, "I am a sergeant, I am not expected to take a break very often, I rarely ever take a day off and more so now I do not think a day off is wise."

Sinway smiles and nods "I'm sure ye will be allowed to help me, though im sure ye will have yer own lessons as well." He sighs at Tarsa's comment "And a sick sergeant is even less useful." He shakes his head "Rest marm, soon ye will be marchin' back to the mountain."
He watches as a novice shows up "Guess that means it be time to change me bandages." He gives Kenya another hug before being helped to his feet "I'll see ye around Kenya, and Tarsa try to relax a little, while ye have the chance." And with that he is helped back into the abbey

Kenya sighs , "Lessons are..boring sometimes"

Tarsa nods "We leave the day after tomorrow I think"She says quietly and shakes her head, though being ill is not something she wants to deal with, she looks to Kenya"So a novice like learns the abbey ways or something?"

Kenya nods "Yes and we learn a skill like healing and maybe something else like I am learning a little on wood craving." She frowns "Isn't marching boring? Maybe you guys can use a boat"

Tarsa nods "Maybe at times and we might have a boat but still some marching to do"She stands and goes to head inside "I am going inside, good day"She then walks on inside leaving the novice to hopefully go off to class.

My Alts
Ximena- Hamster- Slave(Rarely Connected)
Aella- Shrew-Log -A-Log of The Guosim 
Tarsa-Hare-Drill Sargeant in LP and Fighter

#2 2018-10-27 01:31:23 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer