Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-22 08:38:42 PM

KenyaAndJacenta

Not the Best Night-LP LOG ICLY HAPPENS 10-13-18

Whom:

Jacenta-Healer in LP..A Private

Zolomon- Archer, Private in LP..Runner

Misu- Otter maid of Western Shores

Spoofs of tavern beasts....

Log:

It had been a couple days since the news was given, she told no one but had been away a couple days , the so called fresh air turned into a couple days being away and no one seemed to care, least in her mind no one seemed to care. The healer Jacenta just sat at a table alone, all alone her tears all dry by now, its hard to say how much she cried, it was a lot.

Zolomon walked to the entry of the tavern and looked around. He had on a clean uniform, his other one a bit..well torn and stuff, so they gave him a new one. as he looked around and soon spotted the hare maid and walks over, sits down and just stays silent for a long while before speaking "Ya know..disappearing at a blooming bad time like this is not a good thing lass"

Jacenta looks up at him and frowns"Shouldn't you be resting sur. I don't need looked for by no one"

Zolomon frowns "I heard ya didn't report to training so...thought look for ya."His ear droops "I'm.....sorry bout ya brother. He died saving a Redwall novice by de way. He was pretty brave..a good fighter. If I could of I would of got him to safety, but he ...he died in me arms. A couple beasts went to the camp, bally well got whomever...died thar and got them to the abbey. They are supposed ta have some memorial thar"

Jacenta wipes away some tears and sniffs."I should of talked him into staying at the mountain, I was supposed to go but...I was scared and he said to stay if I could, that well the mountain needed healers to stay behind right..."Tears go down her face.

Zolomon frowns, he would hug her but...no he will wait. But just seeing someone cry gets to him. He looks around as he sighs "I am supposed to find Misu and I have no idea where ta even look"

The otter was always one to just appear, and today is no different as a monotone voice speaks "Why look for me, why are you even here Zolomon aren't you off saving Redwall with the others or did that fail?"

Jacenta jumps slightly and looks at the otter, like where did she come from all of a sudden? She blinks and just stays quiet, well seems the hare found whom he was looking for fairly quickly.

Zolomon blinks, then frowns "Misu..I...and no, no the mission was successful and the horde died, all of the horde died."He points to the fact he has one ear "I am one eared now and ya still knew who I was."

Misu just stays standing and stares at the hare "There is something else, isn't there. what is it? You tell me now or I hang you upside down from the cliff nearby, its a good view and you can tell me how it looks upside down" So monotone its creepy.

Jacenta frowns, ok the otter maid is creepy indeed, "He didn't tell me if your gonna ask, he just mentioned finding a Misu on..news"

Zolomon frowns "I.....ummm..." And looks like news on an empty stomach, what's new..."Tis about Karth....he helped rescue some slaves and..sadly he was killed in the progress. I am sorry Misu."

And Misu looks ready to stab someone, lucky it won't be Zolomon, a drunk weasel makes a mistake, his last when he laughs and the otter looks at him"What do you laugh at?" The weasel seals his doom "You...hee heee....stupid woodlander and you talk funny-----" And more words are lost as a dagger is in his throat. She turns to Zolomon and takes a few deep breath and then starts crying and yeah beasts MOVE away from her, you know she is in a stabby mood so its best to move.

Jacenta gasps, she stays where she is and just sits quietly, note to self don't talk to this otter as you may say the wrong thing.

Zolomon frowns and is unsure, but he thinks it will help as he goes to hug the otter, and says a silent prayer he doesn't wake in the dark forest for this possible dangerous move.

Misu tenses up and then just allows the hug, in fact crying even more so now as she coughs and then steps back, "Thank you for the news"She says simply and speaks again " I have a clan now...of some sea otters by the docks..my mother and an old fisher beast is there, and some others. They made me their Skipper of sorts"

Jacenta just watches, ok that's nice as she decides to just get a small bowl of soup and some tea, "So..food..drink?"

Zolomon nods"That is good Misu and I am a long Patrol hare now..."He looks at the healer hare "Food....ummm you paying I am sort of, kinda..broke. I'll pay ya back"

Misu beats her to it as she motions to a waitress.."What ever they want its on my tab.."She gives an or else look and then walks off, she needs to get back to her clan but will check and make sure it was on her tab.

Jacenta starts to speak and blinks "Oh...well, ok then. "And waits till out of earshot "Your otter friend is..strange, and serious would not want to run into her and be an enemy or in a dark alley"

Zolomon orders food and grins, he then nods "Yea Misu is.....well...trust me she is a good friend and very loyal, Karth was sort of like her and they got along...though he was a bit more...or less..monotoned at least and had a longbow."

Jacenta shrugs and then the food comes, she did get a couple rolls and some more tea, wow she seems to not eat like a hare at all.

Zolomon grins "Food!" He has a whole apple pie, 12 rolls, some salad, fish and some ale to wash it down. He also gets some mixed veggies steamed, a small slice of cake, a little mug of potato soup and more ale as he eats happily and smiles"Ohhhh yeah not ate good in a long while, rasions and all marching and packed super light ta get here faster and the infirm....yeah oatmeal , though its good.....warriors need better food choices when recovering wot" He sips some ale "Aren't ya..eating lass?"

Jacenta just watches him eat and drink as she sips tea "I..don't eat much, never did"

Zolomon gets more rolls and some sort of soup as he nods, eats and hmms "Odd lass but hey we all be different."He looks around "Me pal Xandy was in here couple times...maybe more, I could of went but...oh well. Use ta be this Tavern in a village called Ferrvale...got blow up, the tavern that is not the town"

Jacenta asks, "Ferravale? Close to the abbey right? I had always thought of going there one day...tell me about it "Anything to get her mind off her depression"Please"

Zolomon gets in a few mouthfuls of food first, "You mean de abbey lass? Or Ferravale?" Well he can explain both "The abbey is nice..a pond, great food. Orchards and such. No one can have weapons but the champion and even she only carries it in times of ..well like when the siege was happening she carried it, likely put it away now. Beasts get along fairly well at the abbey"

Jacenta nods as she listens, a small bit of the soup she still has, a sip of tea "Both...now Ferravale"

Zolomon nods, drinks ale and gets more "Run by a cat named Blisa, she has like body guards and is nice. Ferravale has a peace treaty with the abbey by the way, so they do help one another and in fact joined the fight to help protect the abbey"

Jacenta says, "Interesting, then again one could be friends with like....I don't know really, there is a ferret here somewhere who is good, walked me almost all the way back the other day, course he didn't go all the way""

Zolomon says, "Just be careful of who ya try to befriend" Well least he has slow down on the eating, poor Misu has a much larger tab now."Make sure they be friend and not foe"

Jacenta nods "I know that"She frowns "Wot's..gonna happen now?"

Zolomon tilts his head "Wot do ya mean what is gonna happen? To what lass?"

Jacenta frowns "To..the long patrol, we...so many, not just James. Things are not gonna be the same..ever"

Zolomon looks around, he is glad no one is listening as he sighs "I...don't know lass. I am sure the rest will get back safe and sound, heard on a boat maybe so quicker. And..well change happens, sometimes when we don't want it ta and..we are tested to see if we pass or fail"

Jacenta sighs "I don't know if I like change"

Zolomon says, "Not many likes change lass. But I say the Long Patrol will get through this, we always do right?"

Jacenta nods and frowns "Its dark now and..there has been scary stuff goin' on lately and then..the news you had "

Zolomon says, "Well I can led us home"

Jacenta says, "I..don't know, its creepy outside, more so now it seems."

Zolomon nods as he glaces around "Well..I wouldn't let a fellow hare get hurt lass, I would keep ya safe."

Jacenta stands and then just starts crying all of a sudden, yeah maybe they shouldn't walk tonight, "I'm..sorry...I just...miss James..I ..want him back, I want him back..."

Zolomon frowns and the tears, the crying he goes to hug her if he can "Shhh shhhh lass, tis ok to cry. He was your brother and will be missed, and I wish he could come back too...wish they all could"

Jacenta just sobs onto his shoulder, a racking sobbing mess as she coughs and sniffs, sobs more now and just....yeah, just a mess of tears.

Zolomon just stays quiet, just a shoulder to cry on and most likely she won't be the only one once news gets out. There will likely be a meeting to attendant, meetings are such a joy...well not really as he frowns and just stays where he is.

Jacenta calms, only to cry some more and sniffs when ferret hands her a note she reads "Oh...it seems Misu paid for 2 rooms, one for me and one for you for the night...."

Zolomon looks at the note and nods "Well jolly well nice of her wot, ok so we walk back to the mountain in the morning."

Jacenta nods, she still seems worried. ok she isn't the most brave of beasts ok, so what..she is a healer not like a fighter or runner.

Zolomon nods "Ok now lass and if ya need to talk or wot ever I am next door, ok...your be ok?" He leads them to the rooms.

Jacenta follows him up and frowns "S..Stay here till I fall asleep..please sur."

Zolomon blinks "I..sure lass"And he will sit in a chair till she falls asleep, stay an extra little bit just to make sure she is asleep and then on his way out locks the door and goes to his own room and goes to bed, he still needs sleep.

Jacenta will fall asleep, not too quickly but she feels safe with another hare nearby, even if he is next door.

#2 2018-10-27 01:24:35 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer