Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-26 01:05:57 PM

oz

The Journey Home Has Begun-LP LOG

Who:

Ciocan-Badger Lord

Benar- Abbot of Redwall

Oz- Badger Father,AKA Papa Oz

Hanzi-Recruit in the Long Patrol

Tarsa- Sargeant in the Long Patrol

Spoofs of Various hares, mentioned as there is Corpial Adrian as of course he would be with them...

Spoof of an otter and Hedgehog-Ship beasts in charge of the boat

Log:

***Starts at the Abbey and ends at The River Moss ****

Oz could sit up and could eat on his own, though his right paw was somethings shaky a little at times. But standing was another issue, but he tried and uses the bed as support, he got two steps before he fells onto the floor and tensed up in pain as his knee, the one so often giving him issues in winter due to the old e=injury from Stormfeather.

Ciocan enters and offers to help him up “Do you need help Oz?” He asked in a quiet gentle voice.

Benar peeked in and frowns”Are you ok Oz?”

Oz sighed “I feel...helpless.”But he does accept the help to stand.”I want to walk, but can hardly stand. I don't have my staff anymore it was destroyed in the fight with the insane marten.

Ciocan nods as he listens and speaks “Let me help you for a little while, please”

Benar watches and stays close by.

Oz smiles a little “Thank you..Lord Ciocan.” Oz, with the help of Ciocan

Ciocan smiled at Benar and nodded “Well it looks like I will be heading off now Abbot Benar.” He smiles at Ewan “Private Ewan, I expect a report around Spring on how things are doing at the Abbey and in Mossflower, and also Ewan do try and make some friends alright?”

The hares of the Long Patrol, those heading back, They cleaned up their uniforms and stood at attention nearby and waited for orders. They had a few supplies with them. It was also decided any weapons they had would come back with them, most weapons were able to be packed to be brought back. A few weapons were badly damaged and so left, after much discussion, at the abbey. A couple weapons were buried with the hare who brought it as that was a request even before the battle. They were ready to start the journey home.

Benar nods and heads back to his room when an order beast taps him on the shoulder.

Ewan nods “I..I will make friends.”His ears droop and then he suddenly goes to hug the Badger Lord, if he can that is.

Tarsa stands nearby and makes sure all the hares are ready to go, and are behaving. She does a role call and they best answer and salute as soon as she calls their name or else there will be trouble and its wise to not find out what kind of trouble that is.

Hanzi was late, he ran out and tripped  falling on his behind in some fresh mud and slowly stands “Do we have to leave in this?Can we wait? I missed breakfast”Yep overslept again, he will learn one day though....maybe.

Ciocan smiles and hugs Ewan, “Go on back inside Private. I will send word when me and the others arrive home.” He looks back to the other hares and watches as Hanzi arrives late and sighs softly, “Recruit, your gonna have to get use to rising early and we have to get to the river Moss by night fall.”He chuckles “Tarsa I will let you teach the new recruits on marching skills.” He then goes to the front of the  hares, he stands before them as he clears his throat and waits to start to speak.

Tarsa glares at Hanzi, “Stop over sleeping or trust me your do double the morning exercises and yes we will still do some exercise on the boat or perhaps get off long enough to do some exercise and right back on”She then turns to see what his Lordship is about to say as she speaks “Attention everyone His Lordship has a few words before we start to head home”

Hanzi frowns, he  nods “Yes Sur.”He stands at attention and salutes and listens carefully to what is said. His stomach growls and he gets a couple grumpy looks and frowns.

Ciocan stands before the hares. 2 runners, 3 Healers, and 10 Fighters. He nods to Corporal Adrian and Sargent Tarsa. As well as a nod to the two new recruits. 19 hares in all returning with him. “As you all know, there will be much change. The mountain knows by now of the grim news. Private Zolomon has gone ahead of us to tell us the news. Private Ewan will be staying here as Redwall Residential Hare. We also have 2 new recruits” He glaces at Hanzi and Isla . He sighs “300 of us came here and 19 of that 300 survived,  one of those 19 as I said shall live here..Private Ewan, and he will send news around Spring time and will keep up with how things are and sent a report every Spring or if he feels it's needed perhaps in the Autumn but only if needed or only of I ask, other we shall expect news in the Spring Season of how things are in Mossflower and Redwall Abbey. We shall march to the River Moss where a boat has been left to help us with our travels, it would seem the Guosim , some of the Mossflower Defenders and some others have made it available for us. There will also be supplies, not a lot as there will be rasions on the way, but when we return we can make up for rasions. The boat will lessen the trip so this is good as the sooner we get home, the better. General Quinten knows we are returning soon, it was in with the scrolls I sent with Zolomon whom, by now, should of given the news.”He nods and clears his throat again”Let's move out”

Tarsa listens quietly, when Zolomon is mentioned she seems worried but then she decides to trust he is ok and stays at attention. She is stressed yes but tries to not show it,  she likely isn't the only one that is stressed right now. Her and Adrian are the only officers returning, most of the rest are Privates and two recruits. She sighs as this will be a long trip home, even with a boat as the boat may or may not make it worse.

Hanzi isn't sure what he thinks of the boat, but he smiles as it means less marching for him, thought he also knows marching is part of being a Long Patrol  hare so he will have to get use to it and most likely more quickly than he rather.

Ciocan led the remaining hares on up the road, heading quietly towards the River Moss.

Tarsa stays beside the Badger and has asked Corporal Adrian to stay more towards the back. “So about how long sur before we are...home?”

Hanzi frowns, marching he has decided he hates a lot and the light rain doesn't help matters but he won't complain, what good would it do and likely just makes things worse for him as he groans slightly, he is SO hating life right now.

Ciocan replies “ A couple weeks I think, the river will make it faster and the current goes to the sea coast, so that should help. I had thought of setting up camp and waiting till morning on the boat, but if we travel a little longer we can just get on the boat and then rest a couple beasts are there to great us and will be in charge of the boat travel. I also think a break from marching may do us all some good and give us more time to talk. I want to be there for  ALL  of my hares, if they want to talk, on anything, to come to me or if they want to you perhaps, once we get home there will be a meeting of all the officers.”

Tarsa nods “I will be ready sur.”

Ciocan nods as they walk in silence till they reach where the boat is about an hour after sundown

An otter and hedgehog appear and wave “Ahoy ya land lovers, well get on de boat ya silly lot” The otter smiles, his hedgehog friend nods “Yeah rest ya footpaws..we have scones, wheat bread, some fish stew, some watercress, some nice cherry juice and water!”

Hanzi looks ready to get on the boat for sure, but he waits as painful as it is to wait.

Tarsa stares at the boat and then nods “Ok everyone on, they likely want to head off now” She then nods to the Badger Lord “I have faith we will be fine sur, even if it seems hard.” She then gets on the boat.

Ciocan smiles and follows her onto the boat. “I know. We are the Long Patrol and we shall get threw this. We shall grow again. Now Sergeant Tarsa let's relax and have some dinner and just enjoy everyone's company, and I know you worry about Zolomon but I am sure he is fine and will be thar to greet us when we return.”

The rest of the hares get onto the boat as well and the journey down river, towards the sea coast....begins.

Last edited by oz (2018-10-26 01:09:11 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer