Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-22 03:20:57 PM

oz

Delivering Grim News-LP LOG

Who:

Zolomon-LP Runner/Private

Jacenta-LP Healer/ Private

Quinten-LP Recorder/General

Log:

Zolomon was a runner that was true but never had he ran this much in his life, the past few days he had went from a run, to a jog, to a walk and back to a run only resting a short, very short, few times along the way. He packed a little food and water in a small knapsack so he would have less. Of course important scrolls were inside the knapsack as well, Any other food or drink he got on the way. An Apple here, a pawfull of berries or a quick drink of water. This mission was important and serious, so quick foot paws was the best, this news needed there as soon as possible.

Jacenta was on her way back from the village, she sighed as she knew she missed training and would likely get grumbled at but she wasn't walking alone in the dark so spent the night, then over slept and now slowly made her way back.

Zolomon was tried but seeing the mountain gave him a boost of energy he needed to get a few more paw steps in before he collapsed a bit shaky and trying to get up only to fall sideways. His legs sore and likely had some blisters on his foot paws, but he made it, not all the way to the entry but a few feet...give or take.

Jacenta looks up just in time too see him fall and gasps as she rushes forwards and check for wounds, his pulse on his neck and wrist and studies him close, why dos he look sort of familiar to her, she doesn't know any one eared hares.

Zolomon groans, his pulse is a bit fast and he is shivering a little, though sweat falls off his forehead as he looks up and gets out a few words.."L..Lass....find..Q..."He is near passing out.

Jacenta eyes widen "Your..Zolomon?Wot happen to you?Where is your ear? Your in an LP uniform?"..She blinks "Q?"

Zolomon is too tried to answer all these questions, he answers the more important one "Qu..Quinten.....scrolls."He opens the knapsack and pulls out 4 scrolls with a shaky paw.

Jacenta takes the scrolls and her eyes widen again as she looks at the badger lord's seal and back to Zolomon as if question what the heck.

Zolomon would answer, or maybe he wouldn't answer, he a bit unconscious now. So getting an answer right now is a no go

A voice "Wot tis goin' on now.. just standing around...oh?" Its Old Pete, AKA Major Pete, Grumpy Old Pete retired yet some reason he sticks around and snorts as he proves for his old age he is strong as he passes the cane off to the healer "Well..come on lass to the infirm, your the healer ya can tend ta him I be back on watch duty...yeah watch nothing but lazy hares all day long, no respect!"

Jacenta backs away and just lets the old hare have plenty of room as she keeps a hold of the scrolls and then goes to the infirm, she is a healer that's true, she also seems glad the moody, grumpy old hare, how is he even alive its OLD, well glad he walked off to where ever, its not where she is so she is glad, super glad.

Zolomon has been taken to the infirm and laid on a cot, it's not for a couple hours that he finally wakes up, blinking a couple times and focuses on where he is."Wot..."He starts to sit up and frowns "Me legs hurt, I have a headache and..feel like I am bally well starving."

Jacenta steps over to him slowly, "You passed out and ....just how far did you do a run? How long?"She then adds "You have blisters on your footpaws by the way and when isn't a hare not supposedly starving"

Zolomon frowns as he looks for his knapsack, "Knapsack...where de bally well is it lass, I need it tis has important scrolls for Q in it."

Jacenta has few times she gets annoyed, sadly this is one of them "It's Private Jacenta. I am a healer here and the scrolls are fine, and I don't think he would want to be called Q...his name is Quinten and he is a General, that's fairly high up ya know." She shows the scrolls, seal still on them and sits them back down into his knapsack, which she also has."I am sure any reports I am guessing, can wait."

Zolomon frowns at the name, "Jacenta?" Oh yes he knows that name well when one is told to deliver a message, just one of the many hares. He clears his throat "Not a report that can wait lass, just find General Quinten then, please"

Jacenta sighs "I don't know where he is right now, sorry sir." She checks his pulse and anything else, his footpaws would be wrapped in thin bandages now for the blisters.

Zolomon frowns "You don't know where he is..."He groans, great..tried , sore and could likely use a snack, or two, but snacks can wait."Please find him"

Jacenta frowns, "I can try." She looks at the knapsack and takes out the scrolls, no she didn't open them it wasn't addressed to her.

The door opens and Quinten walks in. The older hare looks from Jacenta to Zolomon then moves over to his bedside, "I just got told you had arrived Private, I assume his Lordship sent some word?"

Zolomon sits up and salutes. He is still tired and his legs sore but he took very little breaks to get here "Yes sur..."He motions to the 3-4 scrolls. He doesn't say what it is, he knows what it is about. Also another thing that stands out is the hare has one ear now.

Jacenta stands at attention, also a salute is giving and she looks at the scrolls on the table and decides to get them and hand them to the hare" He didn't say wot it was but I do know he passed out when he arrived, right outside by the entry me and old Pete got him inside. Private Zolomon likely should rest a couple days"

Quinten frowns at Zolomon's lack of ear but holds out his hands for the scrolls, "Thank you Private, it looks like you did yourself in running here..." He glances at Jacenta and nods, "If the healers allow we'll get yourself some nosh sent in lad, but you should stay in bed and rest" He then cracks the seal on the first scroll and unrolls it and starts to read.

Zolomon stays sit up and frowns as he looks down. He just nods and doesn't speak right now, he can if needed but seems he rather not.

Jacenta nods "I can see what can be sent in. But why did he send a runner? Wouldn't a bird be best?"

Quinten stares at the words in the first scroll for a moment then his head comes up and he meets Zolomon's eyes. For a moment he just stands there frozen then thumps down in a chair and pulls another scroll towards him. He stares at the seal for a moment then back at the open scroll in his hand.

"I... you are to be commended Zolomon for bringing this news to me..." He stares at the letter again then opens the second scroll. At a glance it is clear it is a list of names, a short list.

The recorder pushes it aside after a moment and opens the third and fourth scrolls which are longer, much longer lists of names. He stares at them for a long moment then lifts his head and meets Jacenta's eyes, "No... no this information it... would not have been proper to send it by bird."

He slumps back in his chair, face pale beneath his fur and his hand trembles as he picks up the first letter, "I... am not sure I should tell you yet Jacenta sorry... but if you swear to keep it secret," He looks at both younger hares, "I need both your words to not say anything until I've spoken to the other officers."

Zolomon nods slowly "SO far just me..and you know wot that says...I'm not saying anything ta anyone else sur...that's your job, not mine." He says quietly, he seen it first hand no need to go into detail, sides who wants that.

Jacenta frowns as she watches Quinten's reaction to the scrolls, she just nods as if a little afraid to ask why.

Quinten stares at the messages and slowly rolls up the scrolls. He wipes at his eyes, "His Lordship sends word of a great Victory. The horde besieging Redwall Abbey has been destroyed down to the last vermin..." His hands tremble as he grips the letter, "His... Lordship and 18 others will be returning home...." He seeks out Jacenta's eyes, "The rest... are to be buried in honor within the walls of Redwall Abbey which they gave their lives to save..." And that's about it Quinten starts to cry, his composure shattering at that. His lordship took 300 hares with him to Redwall Abbey....

Zolomon sighs, his good ear droops as delivering bad news is something he dislikes but he was the fastest runner left to do so, it was news they needed to know before the others came back.

Jacenta stands there as its read and looks quickly at Zolomon, she starts to speak and clears her throat"Was there..a Private James?..Is he ok, is he coming back?"

Quinten stares at the lists of names, "I... haven't read them all yet... I will have to let you know," He takes a deep breath and wipes his eyes with his handkerchief then reaches out to grip Zolomon's shoulder, "You did good lad... bringing us this news."

Zolomon frowns remembering the camp, of all the hares to get a message from, he starts to speak and then nods to Quinten, "It...needed to be known..." He sighs at the healer and is quiet a long moment...why couldn't he of spoke to another hare, had someone else be the one to die wanting a message told and gee the one healer he finds, not that more than 3-4 healers stayed anyways, he frowns. "He...."He looks down frowning.

Jacenta just stares at him, she sits down and lets a couple tears fall, "He's dead isn't he?"

Quinten offers his hand to Jacenta and stares at Zolomon and sighs deeply, "It's... always a risk in the patrol but... so many at once I... it... it doesn't... I..." The usually eloquent hare is at a loss for words.

Zolomon answers the hare maid first "Yes...he died, but he died helping another beast. He had asked me to tell you he...that he loved you."He looks back to Quinten. "Thar...was an ambush at the camp....when de patrol had headed to the abbey, the horde had gotten inside....some attacked outside the abbey, some inside...the horde was fairly large, others helping to fight the horde were some shrews, The Mossflower Defenders and even a small group of Camp Willow otters and some of the refugees fought too I think" He frowns "If you need anything else ..I can give more of a report, I..don't know what all the scrolls say on..details."

Jacenta listens, or half listens after the word died as now she is sobbing uncontrollably and finds it hard to calm down, but she has to, she just has to but she isn't sure where she wants to go "I..I can..keep this....I need fresh air" She then rushes off to be somewhere alone, if asked she will stay quiet or juts likely cry herself to sleep and not be asked.

Quinten says, "No no Zolomon," He takes a deep breath, "You have done enough..." He gathers up the scrolls and reseals them with a ribbon he pulls out of a pocket, "I... will... go let the others known. I cannot sit on this information. We.. need to tell everyone."

Zolomon nods as he lays down, he delivered it and can rest now. He likely won't want to talk much to others himself, he will only if needed.

Quinten squeezes Zolomon's shoulder and gathers up his courage, "You rest... I will be... upstairs...."

Zolomon lets his own tears flow now, he then allows sleep to finally overtake him, sleep he seriously needed now.

Last edited by oz (2018-10-23 07:40:59 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-10-24 04:37:39 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Delivering Grim News-LP LOG

Yeah......a 94% death rate O.o

Anybody would have a mental breakdown because of that sad

Board footer