Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-14 06:09:13 PM

Ximena

Remembering Those Loss, And Who Do We Send With The Grim News?-LP LOG

Who:

Tarsa-Sareant in The Lp, Drill Sargeant/Fighter

Ewan- Private/ former fighter in the LP and now Residental LP Hare in Redwall Abbey

Ciocan- Badger Lord

Kroova- Otter visator

Isla- New LP Recruit

Benar- Abbot of Redwall

Aella- Log-A-Log

Spofed assorted abbey beasts and some refrugees

Log:

Tarsa is sitting in one of the chairs looking over some papers, she writes again and snorts, she should really make someone else do this, she smirks maybe a certain corporal.it would be perfect as she lays the papers down for a moment.

Ciocan makes his way down the steps, dressed in a simple tunic right now, a bandage around his chest and one still on his leg. He stops and walks slowly over to Tarsa, "Sergeant, how are you?Working on reports?" He frowns "Gonna have to send a runner back soon...who is able to go?"

Kroova would open the main doors a cool breeze blows in from outside signaling that fall is on it's way. The otter goes to slowly close the door's leading into the abbey. He would then move inside giving a nod at the beasts about Great Hall before going to take a empty set near the fire some.

Tarsa sighs and nods, she looks at the paper "We have Private Kim and Private Cole, those are our...only runners now sur. Both are able to go..with the news just when?"

Ciocan nods, he nods a hello to the otter "Greetings friend otter" And back to Tarsa with a frown"Just..2..."He takes a deep breath "Wots the full report, who survived..how many?"

Kroova would return the nod." Af'ernoon ta ye an something wrong if ye mind me asking?"

Tarsa frowns, she rather not but its her job after all, she frowns and speaks as she looks at the paper "Out of the 300...t..that came... 19 Survived.... And in that 19, thar is 2 officers...Me and Corporal Adrian, 2 runners...wait..3 runners...3 healers,..11 fighters....and 2 possible recruits might join up...sur"

Ciocan slowly sits in the large chair and folds his paws in his lap and just goes quiet, he finally speaks "Thank you..Sergeant Tarsa...we...we can send a runner soon, in a couple days back to the mountain we are likely staying a couple weeks till we head back." He finally looks over at Kroova "Freeing the abbey and Mossflower from the horde....the horde is gone and peace and safety is back but at a high price."

Kroova frowns." Soory ta 'ear that an sorry for thy losses. I only just got 'ere af'er sailing for months,guess I got ere late."

Tarsa watches Ciocan and starts to speak but decides to not for now, she nods to Kroova "Yes...great loses but peace is back. Are you a camp Willow otter or just a Mossflower resident?, either way welcome back. You may still be able to help some..peace is back yes but there is some beasts who's home were destroyed in the woodlands, and I am insure of anything else, a very small few went somewhere with a hamster named Minsc I think. Some Refugees are still here of course..wounded are healing slowly"

Ciocan stares into the fireplace staying quiet for now deep in his thoughts.

Ewan walks slowly down the steps as he looks around the room, seeing Ciocan and Tarsa he walks over giving a quick salute and stands quietly.

Kroova would shake his head." Camp willow eh? Sadly no so ye can say Mossflower though I seem ta be about at sea a lot more, which is odd as I be not sea otter." Though I do sail with um a good lot thy bunch they came with me ta thy abbey, they are still outside talking ta thy abbey beasts."

Tarsa nods to Ewan and offers a small smile "Private Ewan...you doing ok?" She nods to the otter "Well your welcome to stay at the abbey a few days I am sure."

Ciocan looks over at Ewan "Private Ewan..come over here please." He studies the hare "As Tarsa said how are you doing, a little better?"

Ewan nods "Yes your Lordship a..a..bit..little better, and its calm now and calm is g..good, it is and the abbey is nice...sort of avoid the..infirm and stayed in the bunk room and once elsewhere..there is a tree houise in the orchards, seems nice." He looks around every so often.

Kroova nods ." I think we'll be staying a for day's from what I 'erd from thy cap'in. Oh an names Kroova Waverunner."

Tarsa nods "Sergeant Tarsa of the Long Patrol, nice to meet you" She will let Ciocan and Ewan speak.

Ciocan nods and offers a smile to Ewan "I have yet to speak ta Abbot Benar but I believe its best you stay here Private Ewan, I heard the abbey needs a Residential Hare from the patrol around, maybe you could do that fer me. Just report every so often the going ons in the area and in the abbey, and no fighting would be needed. You can also maybe keep me updated on Camp Willow, on the Goisum...Ferravale and Mossflower Defenders."

Ewan listens and blinks "I..I stay here, in the.."He looks around and back to the badger "The abbey, in Redwall?" He smiles slightly "I..I would like that sur, and I report..I report nice...ummm good and remember a lot of info to write and send by sparrow. I could sent something every umm....couple months or ..yeah every 2..maybe 3 months, each time a season happens so in ..winter-spring-summer-Fall.."

Kroova thinks for a few.' Hmm maybe I should visit Camp Willow some time ta see if I fall in with thy lot."

Tarsa says, "Maybe I do not know whom the Skipper is though at this time"

Ciocan smiles "Alright Private Ewan..."He pats the hare gently on the shoulder "Sit down by me...relax as your safe and among friends."He nods to the otter "Excuse me friend otter I am Lord Ciocan of Salamandastron and this is Private Ewan, whom will be staying here at the abbey ."

Ewan sits down, he gives the otter a small wave and stays silent, he nods to Ciocan "I..alright sir..."He relaxes a little more that he had been before, though he may still be a little jumpy.

Tarsa watches Ewan "No need to be jumpy Ewan...it is safe you can trust us"

Ciocan is here speaking with Tarsa, Ewan and the otter Kroova. The afternoon is fairly quiet, the ever so often beast going in and out of the room. He sits in the large chair and has Ewan beside him, other in chairs nearby.

A bell chimes, not one of the great bells in the tower, a smaller, silver and much closer bell. It's a sound that has been echoing around the abbey since the battle and usually heralds the arrival of the Abbot. Indeed a moment or two later Benar comes down the stairs the Abbot's staff of office he usually only gets out for funerals or special occasions held in one paw.

Today however he is not leaning on it, he looks bright eyed, his tail bushy and swaying from side to side seems the enforced few days rest the Elders insisted he take has done him the world of good. He makes his way toward the group around the Badger Lord,

"Good day everybeast, I hope you are all well? Sorry I've not been around, the council insist I rested and I have to admit I feel ten seasons younger after a couple of days with my feet up. So what is going on here?"

Kroova would look at the fire an would give a nod an wave at the Squirrel as he enters." Af'ernoon there."

Ewan drums his fingers on a chair, he tenses slightly when then he hears the bell and relaxes after a little while as a small frown forms "Safe....safe here..of course its safe..safe now anyways."

Tarsa frowns, she then nods to the abbot "Hallo there Abbot. We were just chatting"She folds a paper she has, some reports she can finish later.

Ciocan tends to Ewan first, "Relax Private Ewan all is well now and safe in the abbey."He nods "Greetings Abbot Benar, I was hoping to see you soon as I wished to discuss something involving Private Ewan here, when you have time of course."

The abbot inclines his head to Tarsa and Kroovea then smiles at Ewan, a look of sadness crossing his face, he reaches out his free hand, holding it out to Ewan, "It's Ewan isn't it? Would you help me with a little task? I came down here to say a prayer for those who have gone beyond I find it helps a lot sometimes to take proper time to say farewell."

He looks at everyone else then lets his eyes settle on Ciocan, "Of course, but we haven't had time for a funeral for everyone yet... I am the Abbot and I can put it off no longer so if you would not mind we can talk in a moment... I would like to say a prayer first," He smiles at Ewan, keeping his hand held out to the Private.

Ewan nods slowly, he relaxes again and sighs a little, the hare gets jumpy easy but for now is...well fairly calm. He looks at the Abbot "ummm...a goodbye, goodbye to those...lost, too many was lost" He takes a deep breath, lets not think on that or he'll get a bad flash back, a couple deep breaths and he slowly stands and goes over to the Abbot "O..ok Abbot Benar..I will, will help"

Kroova would lower his head some closing his eyes he would remain silent not wanting to be rude an let the abbot finish.

Tarsa will be quiet for now as well.

Ciocan nods, he watches Ewan to make sure the hare is ok and then stays silent as well.

Benar Smiles warmly at Ewan, encouraging him to walk with him over to the tapestry. The squirrel hands him a taper where a large rack of candles has been set up at some point, "Just light the candles for me Ewan," He smiles waiting for the hare to start before turning to face everyone else, his back to Martin who rises up above him.

The sun gleams through the stained glass windows, falling in patterns that dance and shimmer off the silver bell on his staff as the squirrel raises it up and begins to move it from side to side. The bell chimes quietly, softly and only the soft foot fall of Abbey beasts and remaining refugees can be heard as silence falls. The Hall has been their refuge for weeks now but in this instance the Abbot quells the tumult and hubbub that has filled it since it became a place for living. For this time he calls it back to it's true purpose and for a moment their is quiet and then the grey squirrel begins to sing, his voice pitched softly yet carrying throughout the hall

“So here we stand

Our Voices still together

Opened eyes

We are here, we are here

Come with me

It is not far anymore

Hear my voice

Let it ring, let it ring”

Around the Hall members of the order, Novices, Brother, Sisters all raise their voices and join them to their Abbot, a quiet, reverent choir that gently fills the place. Where before there was only noise now their is harmony and as Ewan lights each candle Benar rings the bell on his staff, a shining chime to an un-named soul now departed through the gates of the Black Forest.

“I'll sing you home

I'll show the way

Into the light of darkest day

Into the night

Without a fight

I'll sing you home, I'll sing you home”

Ewan stands quietly, he does his task fairly well and the music is calming and he remains standing for now bowing his head quietly.

Tarsa listens quietly and stays where she is, she sniffs a little trying to not cry but sometimes you can't not cry , the lost got to her too..to a lot of beasts other than the hares . She will have to deal with news giving later even if a runner is sent, she still has her report to do.

Ciocan stays quiet, listening and also bowing his head quietly.

Kroova would remain silent then the main doors open slowly as the head of a sea otter pokes in going to wave Kroova over. Kroova would move over toward the sea otter as he whisper's something to him,he would nod then go to return to his set while the sea otter close's the door.

Benar lets silence fall as the hymn comes to an end and silences the quiet chime of his staff and for a minute not a word is said as he holds all to silence. Then the squirrel lifts his head and smiles, "We have all suffered much, lost more then we can every truly account for."

The Abbot looks around the room and smiles sadly, "But we are still here and life, the Abbey and the world carry onward. Those who have left us would not want us to stop but we must mourn and then continue with our lives.."

He bows toward the candles then turns back to the gathering, "Too many where lost but a service shall be held once all of them are interred. I have spoken to Fore-mole and have designated a corner of the grounds where all who have been lost are to be interred."

He looks at Ciocan then bows, "With the Badger Lord's blessing we shall raise a monument to them so none shall be forgotten. We shall remember them throughout the seasons but none more so then now, for I name this the Autumn of Remembrance so all may reflect on those who gave of themselves so peace could be restored to our fair home."

Ciocan nods "Of course Abbot Benar and that is a good name for the season. Sergeant Tarsa has been busy with some reports, a record of all the names, least of..."He sighs a moment to find his voice again "Of the hares, I know other beasts were lost as well in the battle and some even before we arrived to help. It is good peace is here and lets hope it stays a long while"

Ewan frowns " 19..of...300 hares survived....."Hmms he is good with numbers in a depressing sort of way, but he remembers things ok..he looks at all the candles and frowns "That's a large number...and sad..peace at a high price"His ears droop and he frowns "S..S..Should I sit down, or stand..or?"

Kroova would go an stand up making his way over too the Abbot going to offer him a paw to shake." I was told be me cap'in ta report to ye names Kroova Waveruuner."

Tarsa frowns, she blinks when a small shrew, one Aella of the Guosim enters the black stone on a silver chain around her neck as she walks in and nods, her shrews are elsewhere as she stands nearby..well a couple are with her anyways 38 others are ...well somewhere .

Among the beasts sit a pair of hares, packed in beside a family of hedgehogs with an impossible number of dibbuns. The two sit in reverent silence; an older, male hare with a paw resting on the shoulder of his younger relation. Fergus, the older beast, clears his throat and stands to join the procession making their way to speak to the Abbot; he holds a citole in one paw, an old and well-used instrument. "M'dear Abbot Fellow." Fergus finally coughs when there is an opening near Benar. "As i'twere, there was nary a bloody good deed a couple'a bards could do durin' a battle, bu' we 'ave prepared a song." His muzzle opens in a sad smile.

Benar tucks his arm through Ewan's and guides the young hare toward a chair, "Sit with me Ewan... it was a high price to pay but Peace... peace is worth it so all may live in harmony," He looks out across the hall where beasts are starting to move and talk again now it seems the Abbot is done with his service for now. "Remember your friends all gave their lives so we might live."

He then turns his attention to the otter and shakes his paw, "A pleasure, Kroova Waverunner, I knew a Kroova once when I was very young many seasons ago."

He then notices the shrew and stares at them for a moment, "Is that... the Log-a-Log?" He asks those around him quietly. Before he can get an answer Fergus is talking to him and he turns his attention to them, still holding Kroova's paw and gently extracts it, "Songs are welcome good master Bard... raising spirits is always a special treat in such a time."

Kroova nods." I say I know of him but thy sea otter I feel into named me af'er him. They are 'ere outside an will lend a paw in 'elping out. I'll also lend a paw where ever it be need'ed."

Tarsa frowns, not the shrew..anything but the shrews..she had to listen to them fight and ague over ..what ever! Aella walks up to the abbot and nods "I am Log-a-log..Aella, the horde killed my father..and I took over..he was a brave beast...10 other shrews also lost thier lives." The two with her are behaving, well that's good they can show respect and not aguge when needed how long it will last is any beast guess.

Ciocan nods to Aella, he had briefly gotten the news of the Log-A-Log briefly but had not the time to say much, he will be quiet for the moment for the mentioned song.

Ewan allows himself to be lead to a chair and smiles a little as he sits down, "Remembering friends..family is always good. You remember them in your heart and then they are never....never truly gone"

Fergus the bard elbows his niece, Isla, and the two slip out of the way of traffic. In a little corner of the Great Hall, he begins to pluck out a slow melody on the citole and hum in a deep baritone, one footpaw tapping a strong beat against the stone floor. Isla begins to sing, then, her voice a lilting alto, tugging the syllables out to keep the simple tune a little classier than a simple bar-song, but not quite heavy enough to be a funeral march.

“On the breathe of Autumn wind,

The sting of death did follow.”

"So in th'Redwalls they were pinned,

Th'brave beasts sang out hollow:

"We woodlanders ye may slain,

And our homes may suffer,

But do hear th'long refrain,

Th'love fer one another.

Remember hate, Remember war,

Rmember blood an'fear,

But, my friend, remember more:

Th'love an' peace we do have here.

Th'love an'peace we do have here."

Benar reaches out and takes Aella's paw in both of his, "I am sorry for your loss Log-a-Log... if you would permit those shrews you lost would be welcome in the memorial cemetery the abbey is going to erect to honor those who we have lost."

He nods to Kroova, "Well Kroova you are most welcome, any and all help is welcome during this trying time," He glances at Ewan then reaches out with one foot and nudges Ciocan, "Now what was this business you wanted to discuss with me about Ewan here? Or do you need to get back to business and if Tarsa was it?" He nods to the hare, "Will leave her list with me... I will see it is given to Foremole when we are inscribing the monument."

He cocks his ears toward Fergus and Isla's song however, listening intently to their words as they bring some merriment back into the hall.

Tarsa nods "Yes Abbot it should be done...maybe by tomorrow, still some names to add sur" Aella nods as she speaks to the abbot "Not all lost can be..prevented..and yes I can give names of the lost for this..remembrance good abbot"

Ciocan nods "Yes about Private Ewan. I have been thinking, he may do well here perhaps as a ...Residential LP hare here at your abbey perhaps. I do not thinking fighting is for him...no its not, abbey life would do him well and he can send reports on how things are in this area every so often and I can send a report back to you maybe"

Kroova would nod then give a wave. "Is going ta go 'elp outside cleaning up." With that he would head toward the doors opening an closing them to help with the clean up.

Ewan listens and whimpers a little rememberig the camp, and when he came here right at the end of that fighting, he takes a few deep breaths and manages to calm down a fair amount and avoid too much of a flashback.

Their duties as entertainers complete for now, Fergus and Isla bow and curtsy their ways back to a table. "So many lost." He shakes his head, sadly, as the pair find their seats. "I cannae say I am at all chiffed at yer decision, niece. Didn' come as no bloomin' shock, neither, bu' m'sad, love." He ruffles her headfur. "Go find th'big stripdog an' ask 'im 'fore I change me mind an' start blubberin' like a mewlin' dibbun." With a grin, Isla nods to her uncle and slips past the exiting Kroova and the Log-a-Log to wait patiently on the edge of the conversation, eyeing the stricken Ewan with sympathy.

Benar inclines his head in thanks to Tarsa and the Log-a-Log, "Thank you both..." He then looks up at Ciocan and looks thoughtful, "It has been seasons since we had a resident Long Patroller... and even longer since the Mossflower regimental headquarters was open. We would be happy to have Ewan stay with us here, and exchanging letters between the Mountain and the Abbey more often is a good idea. We should stay in contact more."

Tarsa nods, she listens quietly "I think Ewan should stay here as well...how long is the patrol..staying sur?"

Ciocan nods "Thank you Benar..."He looks to Tarsa "Perhaps a couple weeks...I need to send a runner off ahead of us, the...the others need to know and be prepared"

Ewan quietly stays seated as he drums his fingers on the chair arm and just nods, he is listening and finally looks to each of the important beasts like Beanr..Tarsa and the badger lord.

Isla fidgets, watching the conversation unfold with the vague detachment of any teenager that doesn't /quite/ grasp what is happening. The doe bounces idly on the balls of her feet until she can keep her sentiments in no longer. "I want t'come with ye!" She blurts out. "Er - sahs." She adds, sheepishly.

Benar leans back in his chair and rests his staff across his lap, "Well Ewan I will see to it that we find you a room and introduce you to everyone once things calm down somewhat."

Tarsa looks at the very what she thinks is rude right away doe and snorts, "Come with us...joining the long patrol is serious serious business."

Ciocan glaces at the young hare maid and motions for Tarsa to calm "I can handle this Sergeant Tarsa.."He clears his throat "She is correct, joining up is a serious matter, the long Patrol is a life long comment"

The young doe wilts at Tarsa's dismissive manner, but only for a moment, her chest puffs out and her ears stick straight up. "Aye. M'from th'Mountain, an' I've been all ovah th'world an' all I evah thought've was goin' back. An' I ain't doin' a soul no good sittin' in 'alls an'singin' songs - no offense, Uncle Fergus." Fergus, in the background, mimes pulling a knife out of his heart.

Benar smiles quietly, "The young lass seems determined Ciocan, she's likely to only follow you if you don't take her and I am sure she'd be safer in your party then not."

Tarsa will let the Badger Lord decide, its his decision...not her's.

Ciocan hmmmms "You can come but your need to be ready when we are ready to leave"

Ewan had been quiet and then nods to Benar and a small smile forms, but he is still quiet as important talking is going on.

Isla flashes a grin at Benar. "Now, do a stout maid like meself from credit, Fathah Abbot. I'd prob'ly beat'em t'the Mountain an'have tea an' crumpets ready when they 'rived." It's hard to keep her obvious mirth under control; she snaps to a salute (untrained and sloppy, but she tries) and nods eagerly. "Aye, sah! I'll be ready 'afore yer ready t'leave. Sleep in m'walking boots, I will." Sorry, Tarsa - the walk home just got a little less peaceful.

Tarsa chuckles a little , oh the maid is so happy happy....she will likely have this maid crying for her mother before they reach the mountain.

Benar shakes his head at Isla's mirth, "I think Miss if you turned up at the mountain unannounced, whomever Lord Ciocan left in charge over there would send you off to Halyard to wait. They are very strict about who they let inside... I remember when I was on the coast when i was little I was never permitted inside the mountain."

Ciocan nods "She will have to travel with us...likely in a couple weeks."He looks to Tarsa"You said we have 3 runners left....pick the fastest one and send them to the mountain with a report...we can address it to Quinten...as I said they need to know the...results of the battle"

Tarsa takes a deep breath and nods "Yes sur..3 runners....I think Private Cole be best....I will send him off with the report in the morning sur, and have a list of....the ones whom passed to the dark forest as well, a couple copies I am sure the Recorder here can help me make two copies of that, one for here and one for the runner in the morning"

Grinning, Isla takes the official talk as a dismissal and slips away with promises of "I'll be there." To Benar she gives a wink, "Oh, aye, I dinnae doubt it, sah. Bu' ye underestimate th'charm of a Kincallum! Why, there's been a Kincallum on th'Mount fer as long as there's been a Mount!" She dips her head respectfully to the beasts. "Excuse me." She dismisses herself to high-tail it back to her uncle.

Benar sighs at Isla as she bolts off, the irrepressible enthusiasm of youth, he turns his attention back to Tarsa and Ciocan, "How long do you expect a runner to take to get to the Mountain?"

Tarsa shakes her head at the..over energetic hare maid, but is otherwise quiet.

Ciocan leans back "Private Cole is fairly fast...unless...could send someone else maybe, I do not know...walking normal pace is 3.5 weeks,,,a runner depending on the speed..a little under half that time maybe?"

Tarsa frowns "Who else...Private Kim  is stilll recovering..Private Cole seems best...."What other runner is there....."She blinks " Zolomon?..I don't know bout him, he just recently joined and became a Private like literally right before the battle, well couple days before"

Benar leavers himself upright out of the chair, leaning on his staff, "Well this sounds like an internal matter for the Patrol, come on Ewan, let me show you around the abbey," He smiles, "If this is to be your new posting you are going to need to know about where you are living."

Ciocan nods "If Zolomon is...willing maybe send him...or Cole you choose."

Tarsa frowns, great she has to decide, whom is faster, who be more willing to listen"Alright....."Think..."Zolomon..."..She then stands and goes off to find him.

Ciocan nods slowly and watches as she heads off, he glaces at Ewan as the hare follows Benar elsewhere and sighs as he leans back in the chair, closing his eyes and falling asleep...even the Badger Lord needs a good nap at times.

Tarsa sighs and returns "Well Your Lordship I...Your..Lordship?" And he is asleep..wonderful as she sighs and decides to just..walk off, let him sleep or maybe she should stay and make sure no one brothers him, she sits down slowly and just stays there, writing up the list and the report for Quinten.

My Alts
Ximena- Hamster- Slave(Rarely Connected)
Aella- Shrew-Log -A-Log of The Guosim 
Tarsa-Hare-Drill Sargeant in LP and Fighter

Board footer