Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-13 05:39:03 PM

oz

Company is Nice-Redwall Log

Who:
Oz- Badger Mother of Redwall,AKA Oz

Lilymoore- Bell Ringer at Redwall

Sinway-Fighter in Mossflower Defenders

Lacota- Friar of Redwall

Angela- Healer at Redwall

Kenya- Redwall Novice

Log:

Oz has finally woken up, its not clear if anymore than maybe a small pawfull know so far as its only been like a day so far, He is still very weak but he is awake, he slipped into sleep and is now awake again.

Kenya slips in quietly, she needed somewhere quiet after waking in the infirm and somehow getting out of the room without being noticed. She isn't injured just...shaken up mentally...so why stay. She looks around Oz's room having yet to notice he is awake. Then she glaces over and gasped as she goes over and lays a paw on his arm "Papa Oz?"

LilyMoore has been either wandering the Abbey grounds and buildings, or sitting in corners, staring into space. Her dear friend Marek Redthorn is dead, and she is struggling with her sorrow for it. Butterclaw the sparrow has been following her around, his left wing in a cast and sling. Angela has given him strict orders to not jostle his wing, but she permitted him to leave the Infirmary so long as he stays with her great-granddaughter. Which he has done with every step she takes. The mouse maid is wandering through the Elder's Hall now, and seeing the door to the Badger Mother's room open, she peers inside, her Sparra friend right beside her.

Oz heard Kenya when she entered, "Kenya.."His voice sounds weak, but he's talking and offers a weak smile, he also knows someone is at the door but for now speaks to Kenya.

Kenya frowns but goes to carefully hug Oz. Deep down she still is unsure weather him getting hurt is her fault in the first place, "I thought you died...I didn't ...didn't mean to lead that insane marten into here...she follow me...I'm sorry"

LilyMoore just watches for now. Butterclaw chirrups and says, "Why Ozbadgerworm not with the Dibbunworms?" After a few minutes, the mouse maid shrugs slightly and says in a quiet, sad voice, "I don't know, Butterclaw. But I'm sure he has a good reason."

Oz slowly lifts his paw and sighs not managing to get to far "Shhh....not your..fault...not..Kenya, and I am glad your ok"He sounds weak but it doesn't mean he doesn't here Lilymoore and the sparrow "L..Lily.."

Kenya frowns and stays beside him, she glaces at the doorway "Hello...."She says and looks back to Oz.."The marten..died...your staff broke and..."Yeah it ended up in the marten, but she leaves that out "The marten..died"

LilyMoore waves to the sea otter, but she can't seem to smile. She goes ahead and enters the room, making her way over to the badger's bedside, Butterclaw faithfully following at her side. "Hi, Papa Oz," she says quietly, sounding very, very sad. "It's......it's good to be back home."

Oz can tell she is sad, he clears his voice to speak "No...need to be sad...I will be ok just sore..tried...but alive and seems the abbey is safe and ..peace is here, that's good" He didn't hear details, just good won and bad lost .

Kenya nods "Home is good...a lot of beasts were hurt but..those in infirm are recovering and dad is in the infirm too, he got...hurt but he was sleeping so I slipped into here. Zolomon got me home"

There is a quiet knock at the door.

LilyMoore looks to the floor and just listens. Butterclaw snuggles up close to her leg, chirping a little. A tear slips down the mouse maid's cheek, but she just lets the sea otter talk. She has nice things to say. At the sound of the knock, the Bellringer wipes her tear away with her sleeve and looks over at the door.

Oz hears the knock, "Tell them..they can enter" His voice isn't able to be loud just yet, he speaks quietly "Its good...that friends are home and that that horde is gone"

Kenya nods "Yes...all the bad beasts are gone and their leader died...I am glad you didn't die Papa Oz...I was worried you did when I...ran away.."Yes she is admitting she ran away"But daddy found me and we found the badger lord and all the hares and then got back in time to help the abbey"

Lacota doesn't bother to wait to be admitted, he just opens the door, and pushes in a wheeled cart. "Lunch time, Oz." He stops. "What are you all doing in here?"

LilyMoore sniffles slightly as another couple tears trickle down her cheeks, but steps back to make room for the Friar and his cart. Butterclaw hops out of the way, too, and chirps, "We lookvisit badgerworm and sayhi, sayhi!" The Bellringer nods, backing up what her friend is saying.

Oz nods "Lunch....can wait...."He though is thirsty"Any..tea?"what he needs his tea as he reaches a slightly shaky paw to Lillymoore "Why...are you crying..what happen..I know An..Angela..was in here earlier.."

Kenya frowns "You should eat you need strength back..you been in a deep faint a long long long time and ...please eat something..maybe a cookie even"

LilyMoore sniffs and lets the badger take her paw. "I....I had left....with Marek....to try to get help from....Willowbark....an' when we cme back....Ormaz and his horde were inside the Abbey. I...I got scared, and ran to the Belltower, and....and Ormaz followed me and....tried to kill me. Marek killed him to save me.....but Marek....Marek died." She starts crying in earnest now, and Butterclaw chirps sadly, "Butterclaw SparraWarrior seesaw it happen. Marekfriend stoatworm fightbrave, killed badstoat, jumped out of talltower."

Oz listens, "Off...tower?..."He frowns, still fairly weak too say or do much, can't even hug anyone..he did only wake from a deep faint yesterday after all.

Kenya frowns, she wasn't here and is glad..the camp was bad enough as she curls up beside Oz and just stays quiet.

Sinway really shouldn't be out of bed him self, but upon hearing the news that oz is awake the stubborn otter decided to come pay him a visit, he knocks a few times on the door and waits till he is invited in before stepping inside

LilyMoore sits on the edge of the badger's bed, trying to not just start sobbing. "Marek...Ormaz ha...had a knife to....to my...throat.....Marek....g....greabbed...Ormaz....an'......an' jumped out of the Belltower." Butterclaw sighs, then looks at the door. "BadgerOz, another visitorworm at the wooddoor!" He then glances up at the mouse and chirps at her in bird speak. The Bellringer shakes her head. "No, Nana will give me tea to make me sleep. I don't want her in here...."

Oz frowns, "Who..."He coughs a little and sighs, he tries to sit up and fails badly.

Kenya frowns "Maybe its someone else...who is at the door?"

Sinway opens the door and quickly limps into the room before closing the door again and leaning up against it, he is a little winded right now and takes a few seconds to catch his breath "Tis just me........I'm sure I'll be gettin' a earful from the healers but I wanted to come see ye Oz."

LilyMoore is a crying mess. Butterclaw sighs. "Marekfriend stoatworm felldied to save Lilyfriend." He turns to the adult sea otter, showing off the cast his left wing is in. "Butterclaw SparraWarrior injuredhurt, andso is otterworm! Otterworm gte injuredhurt in fightbattle?" But then all peace and conversation is ruined as some beast tried to push the door open from the hallway. Grumblings and muttered profanity can be heard. Sounds like Angela Quietfeet is here. Prepare for havoc!

Oz frowns, he then hears "AN..Angela is at the door...someone should let her enter before she tries to climb into a window" Yeah he believes she would do that.

Kenya frowns and goes to hide under the bed...she is not being out here to see someone who sounds that upset. She can say hi to Sinway later....ummm when she sees him again, could be a while.

Sinway frowns and steps away from the door so that Angela can enter, walking closer to the bed sitting down and catching his breath he saw Kenya go to hide under the bed and reaches under to find her "Guess I'm goin' to be gettin' that earful sooner then later." He chuckles a little

The door bursts open and, yep, Angela is grumpy. She stalks into the room, then glares at the *river otter. "There ye are! Y'little idiot, ye're in no shape t'be walkin' around! I should drug ye an' tie ye to a bed so y'don't make yer injuries worse." Oblivious to the sea otter (for now), she stops when she sees her great-granddaughter. "Oh, my Lily....'M sorry, Little One." She gently hugs LilyMoore, whispering something in her ear. The Bellringer nods and slides to the floor, where Butterclaw gives her a hug with his good wing. The old Healer shakes her staff at the river otter. "Explain yerself, young un, while I check on Oz." She goes to check his pulse and everything, lips pursed. "Dumb beasts leavin' my Infirm as if I didn't know 'ow to take of 'em...leastwise Oz is listenin' to m'instructions...."

Oz pulse is good, his breathing is good as well. He has not, not that he could, get out of bed really, he is still weak sounding as he speaks "Hello...Angela, is..nice to hear your voice" He doesn' try to sit up, he does tense up a little in pain as wounds are still there healing, a couple have healed.

Kenya stays under the bed and listens , she does sort of peek out but otherwise she stays where she is. She is quiet right now then its been a bad past couple days.

Sinway chuckles a little, he can't help him self "Well marm, I heard Oz is awake and I haven't had a chance to see him since before I left the abbey to find Kenya.I was also told Kenya might be in Oz room and you will forgive me if I wanted to see me daughter as the last time I saw her she was asleep and before that be before the camp she was in was attacked."

Sinway then sighs "Also if ye tie me to a bed, ill just make me injuries worse tryin' to get out, I been tied down before and I am not to keen on havin' it done again."

Lacota stops silently judging. "You lot are disturbing Oz."

LilyMoore's tears have quieted down, and now she's just silently sitting on the floor, holding Butterclaw (who seems quite content just being hugged by his friend while she's sad) and staring at nothing. Angela scowl at the river otter. "Fine, so I'll just drug ye and keep ye unconscious 'til I deem ye well enough to walk!" Sighing, she adds, "Would ye be willing to 'ave a Novice 'elp ye at all times an' make sure y'don't fall? I 'ave too many wounded creatures in the Infirm that can't really fight me. Those Ferravalians took a beatin'..." She peers into the badger's face. "Aye, 'tis good to 'ear yer voice again, too, Oz. I think yer visitors are 'elpin' revive yer spirits, not disturbin' ye. What do you think?" The Friar can get a lecture later.

Kenya smiles a little, "A..little company is..is nice...to have" she comes slowly out from under the bed and sits down on it.

Oz starts to chuckle and then, ok pain, but he does smile a little "Yes...beasts can stay a"He coughs a little "For a short time, now that I am awake not good to be lonely."

Sinway chuckles a little "Be the best sleep of me life if ye did drug me, but ye don't have to worry, I don't plan on movin' around to much after this ,this was just a special circumstance marm."

Lacota moves to pour that cup of tea Oz asked for ages ago. Thankfully, it appears to still be hot. "You really ought to eat. It's been what, three days? Don't need to starve yourself. Now then, I've got soup here."

LilyMoore just stays silent on the floor, not really here mentally. Angela smiles slightly. "There, see, Lacota? Oz's fine with company." She peers into the soup to check that it meets her specifications for her patients. "Y'better not, Sinway. If ye're not careful, that leg o' yours won't 'eal up properly, and any limp y' 'ave will be worse than it coulda been."

Sinway nods "Ohhh me leg will be fine." He moves to stand up and carefully makes his way to the door, luckly there is a novice outside "I'll be goin' back to the infirmary then, just wanted to see Oz." And with the help of the novice he makes his way back to the infirmary

Oz frowns "Woke..yesterday..."He does get the tea and sips it slowly,  and smiles "Tea.....tea is good"He's had mostly water while he was in his faint and some vegetable juice maybe very very thin slowly. He sighs as he hates being so weak, still sore and tried. He reaches a shaky paw to lilymoore still, he would hug her but...enegy levels are serious down and he cant even sit up without a lot of help.

Lacota's soup is a typical vegetable affair: Carrots, celery, cabbage and beans.

Lacota pushes his cart up next to Oz's bed. "Come, you're going to eat, if I have to spoon feed you myself.”

LilyMoore sees the badger's paw, and after a few moments, she truly looks at it, then gently goes to take it in her own. Butterclaw chirps and goes to brush the Badger Father's paw with his wing. Angela nods. The soup looks fine to her. Straightening, she says, "Aye, eat, Oz. Y'need yer strength. But, Lacota, don't feed 'im the vegetable pieces if 'e doesn't want 'em. 'E can get to eatin' solids 'ere in a few days. C'mon, Lily. Let's go find yer momma or Zarok or Emyuil." The Bellringer doesn't respond, except to give the badger's paw a slight squeeze. The she slowly stands, letting Butterclaw stand at her side on the floor, and the duo follows the elderly Healer out of the room....

Oz nods, he will eat something but he may likely have to be spoon feed, least for now. The tea mug was ok to handle, very small sips carefully. He also manages to sit the half full mug on the table by his bed.

Lacota actually does it, helping to feed the badger. "There you go... Tomorrow I'll see about bringing something more appetizing..."

Oz coughs a little but is fine, "I..was..in the deep faint too long" He eats its just slowly, "Still...likely stuck in bed a while."

Lacota nods. "We feared you wouldn't wake up."

Oz listens, eating more soup maybe a sip or two of tea every so often "I..."He frowns "Suppose I had a chance to..not wake up, but I'm awake..and the abbey still needs me"

Lacota mhmms, offering a bite of bread with the soup. "And Lilymoore especially needs you right now."

Oz says, "I...heard, not details just peace is back and abbey is safe"He will slowly eat a little bread, he smiles a small little bit "It is...good to be awake and know beasts..care..."He is quiet "I....could of not woken up, I..had a choice..stay with.."He frowns.."Northstar...my mate or...stay here, I choose here.""

Lacota nods. "Yes, the death toll was shockingly high. Fortunately, we only lost a few abbeybeasts. However, the Long Patrol hares suffered extremely heavy losses..."

Oz frowns" Peace came...at a high price, lets hope peace stays then...its truly needed and getting things back to normal and...me recovering though might take a while."

Lacota nods. "Yes, let us hope. Hope for a peaceful, quiet winter."

Oz says, "Longer than winter...would be good. I hope Krisha is...is doing well with the dibbuns, she is likely glad I am awake now, if she's been told...suppose most know by now""

Lacota nods. "Yes, everybeast knows. Krisha has been doing quite well, I think."

Oz nods "That's..good to know, she likely would do well...full time but no worries no plans to not be around if I planed that I would already not be around, I will admit I came close to staying where I was...it was a very hard decision...allow myself to just.."He closes his eyes " Pass...into the dark forest....or..wake up and be with family and friends of the abbey once more"

Lacota nods, putting the empty bowl back on his tray. "You're still exhausted, Oz. I'll let you get your rest now..."

Oz nods, "Yeah...still fairly tired, feel weak..sore all over..thank you for your visit, its good to know friends care"

Lacota nods. "Of course I care, Oz. You get your rest, alright? I'll bring you some more tea later."

Oz smiles "Tea would be nice"He then decides to take a much needed nap.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer