Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-04 04:24:21 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Basic Training, mouse and stoat version (Fate of Marek TP log)

SCENE: Somewhere on the River Moss, on a boat smile  (I like boats IRL.  And boat is a cute word to say.  Whatever.)

CHARACTERS:  LilyMoore, a female mouse.  Marek, a male stoat.  Patch, a male rat; Rayen, a vixen.

LOG:
It is wet. That's the best way to explain the entire situation outside. It has been raining since the night before, not heavily, but steadily. The boat is wet, the hares marching on the shore are wet, the trees and other plants are wet. Everything is wet. Even the river water looks more wet than usual. Droplets drip off the tree leaves, off the fern leaves, off the ropes on the boat. The rain has now died down to a fine mist, but it's still enough to make everything feel clammy and damp.   
LilyMoore peers out from under the covering of the cabin on the little boat that is steadily travelling up the River Moss, headed towards Redwall to hopefully save it from Ormaz's grip. The young mouse sighs, brushing a paw over her eyes and ears. Why does life have to be so hard?

Nearby is Marek, shrouded by the heavy rainfall on the dock as the mist all but covers him and his meditations. It has been a long journey to the mainland but Redwall is now close at hand and perhaps not a moment too soon. Will this conflict resolve? Am I strong enough to face my brother? What fate awaits me, all these questions and more fill Marek's mind as he tries to focus on preparing himself for the coming battle.

Patch is off to the side, sharping a couple daggers quietly.

LilyMoore spies her friend and walks over to him, for once happy that she has her boots on. Pulling the hood of her cloak over her ears, she crosses her arms against the slight chill. ".....I hope everybeast is okay, and that the Long Patrol is getting there in time."

Marek nods quietly. "Everything is going according to plan thus far, we can only hope that we shall arrive at Redwall in time to prevent a catastrophe, but battle is unavoidable" he stands quietly and stares out into the skyline. "I believe it is time you were trained properly. When we return to Redwall I hope you can find shelter but you may have to defend yourself if the situation turns dire, you must be prepared for this"   

Patch looks over at them, one of his rare serious times "I fer one am staying mostly clear...gonna be a lot of beasts trying ta kill one another, not a place fer a nice lass like you, kid"

LilyMoore scowls slightly.  "Momma's been training me, an' so has Uncle Emyuil."  She kicks at the railing.  "If you go into battle, I'm coming with you, Marek.  I'm not a coward, an' I'm not gonna let my friend face his scary wicked brother alone."

Marek smiles faintly. "I admire your spirit, child, but you must remember not to underestimate your opponent" carefully attaching a small shield to the end of his bronze paw, Marek draws a wooden sword and tosses another at Lilymoore before taking a stance. "Attack me"

Patch watches curious "Is that wise on a boat?" He shrugs and just finishes sharping his dagger and puts it away as he looks at the land.

LilyMoore unbuckles her sword belt and sets it to the side, in the center of a coil of rope so it doesn't get lost.  Picking up the wooden sword, she finds its balance and gets into an at-ready position.  Scowling slightly, she goes to attack, feinting to the left, then slamming towards the right, trying to 'chop' his leg off.

Marek quickly predicts Lilymoore's move and blocks the move aggressively with his shield, quickly turning his blade mid-strike to disarm Lilymoore with a quick and clean strike. "Always be on your guard, never assume that your opponent has lost his, try again!"

Patch watches still looking a little bored....Rayen walks up "What are they doing?" The rat shrugs "Practicing for battle...stuff like that" The vixen just nods and  looks at the land "Too close to the abbey now...I for 1 am staying ...well on the boat, not that camp"

LilyMoore is successfully disarmed.  Scowling even more darkly, she grabs the sword, takes a deep breath, then attacks again, keeping a lookout for what her friend might do.  She tries to slam into his shield, knock his sword to one side, then turn it and stab him in the chest!

Marek blocks each strike with grace, ending by blocking the flurry of Lilymoore's blows towards his chest, the small wooden shield chips slightly but otherwise does not give. "Better, but you must not let your anger cloud your mind in battle. Try again, but this time clear your mind and focus less on your sword and more on your movements. Picture your sword in your mind's eye and focus on your opponent instead"

LilyMoore backs off, gripping her wooden sword tightly.  Clenching her jaws, she closes her eyes, which have gained a faint pink tinge.  Breathing deeply, she stays that way for a few moments, then she visibly relaxes a little.  Her violetish eyes open, clear of their pinkishness, and she tries again, her movements, though quick and revealing her strength, are much more careful and thoughtful.  Although still not at an expert level, by any means.

Marek continues to block strike after strike, though muck less quickly than before, after a few minutes of sparring he once again disarms Lilymoore, knocking the mousemaid to the ground and smiles. "That was very good, child. You are indeed your mother's child, and are learning quickly. You must remember to take these lessons to heart however, for I once allowed my dark side to cloud my emotions and it led me on a dark path, I do not wish the same to happen to you". He quietly sheaths his sword and offers a paw to Lilymoore. "You did well today, child. The weather does not look like it will improve soon, but perhaps we can surprise a few fishes with a bold and unexpected strike. Care to join me?"   

Patch looks at the two beasts and arches an eyebrow.   

Ewan steps onto the boat, a couple pages in his paw as he frowns, ok clearly not stopped just yet as he sighs "How am I supposed to get messages to anyone if the boat is moving..." He then frowns more as a paper blows away and he goes to grab it, another one slips away in the wind, he frowns and balances himself on the back of the boat to reach for it, he is fairly good with balance or seems to be.

LilyMoore oofs as she falls on her rear, her wooden sword clattering away to the side. Scowling slightly again, she looks up into her friend's eyes, and as she listens to what he has to say, her face softens. Nodding, she takes his paw and lets him help her stand up. "I would love to go fishing with you." She spots a paper flying around, then turns to see the hare threatening to fall to his watery doom. "Or we may have to end up fishing for a hare...."

~*~

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-10-04 04:38:38 PM)

Board footer