Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-01 08:01:11 PM

KenyaAndJacenta

Chats On...Shrews,Promotions, and Helping!-Fate Of Marek TP LOG

Who:

Kenya-Novice of Redwall

Ciocan-Badger Lord

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Ewan- Prvate fighter in the LP

Zolomon-Private Runner in the LP

Some spoofs hares, shrews

Log:

Kenya sighs, good grief those creatures argue too much she had to leave, they were...like annoying.

Xander is a little ways from Camp, he sighs as he sees Kenya and walks over to her "You left...why?" Keep it simple.

Ewan sits close by and looks between them, "I seen Zolomon follow her.."He says quietly.

Kenya frowns and cross her arms.."My dad have you look for me and not himself?" She frowns "He just wants to go play..hero, says he wants to rejoin the order but oh first let me go fight...why?"

And..voices "She has a point?" "The grumpy otter left" "Oh shut up...hey its a badger...and hares......hey don't shove me!!!"

Xander lays a paw on his blade as he looks around "Who's there?"

Ewan frowns, "Its horde beasts isn't it?" He stands "They are attacking...should I find his Lordship....should we panic?" He clearly wants no fighting, or worse blood"If your gonna kill vermin can I leave first?"

Kenya seems not worried and rolls her eyes " Its just the shrews, they argue over everything"

A couple shrews step out in colored headbands and one looks at the hare "Panic?" One chuckles and gets slapped by another shrew, till a taller one comes out and slaps both shrews "Enough..ya pests, your annoying..why do I brother"He sighs and bows to the badger and hare "Log a log...this is the   Guosim  and as stated by the hare your not the Badger Lord.." "he isn't?" "No ya....sorry" The taller shrew sighs as he frowns "Excuse them, they woke on de wrong side of the bed.".."Bed..what bed...ya calls the grass a bed good grief Log-alog"

Xander blinks and studies the shrews and just looks confused and then over at Ewan and shrugs.

Ewan watches the shrews, "The..who..what?" He frowns and is curious as he gets a little closer "Why are you..agueing with each other?"

Kenya sits down on a tree stump " Guosim....me and Zolomon found them yesterday or maybe they found us, they want to help and want to talk to Lord Ciocan...and they make this really sweat bread with nuts too, its good "She smiles.

Xander looks between them and hmms "4..shews...I mean they could be of some help...wait  Guosim? I think heard of them but still...this horde is sort of dangerous. I know ever little bit helps but...."He seems unsure.

Ok the one shrew seems insulted, then he is always moody as the taller one just smirks calling out as guess they are close "Logalogalog" And...yeah you got 50-sih shrews here as the leader grins "Small..but mighty, size matters not my friend, we can also be deadly to an enemy."

Ewan blinks and then watches"Whoa....ok..umm"And a quick glace "50 shrews..well 51 one counting him...that's a good number. Lord Ciocan probably would see more help as good..I think..."

Kenya chuckles as the shrews show up, "They hide good too, don't they?"

Xander nods in a agreement "Yeah they do..ok maybe they can help out then"

Log-A -LOg states "Of course we help..Mossflower is our home too and Redwall out allies, we aid them in times of need"

Ewan listens as he tends to remember things well,"I can give a message"

Kenya is careful to not trip over a shrew and goes to sit by Ewan and just listen a while.

Xander nods "Yeah Ewan can let Lord Ciocan know your helping Log-a-log, or maybe take you to talk to him even if needed."

Ewan blinks "Umm..I don't know where he is..I can look..yeah looking is good"Sides he has been on the boat a couple days, land is better and its likely the LP is gonna go marching soon"So..umm..follow me?"

Xander hmms and now that the shrews went away, or he thinks they did a couple likely followed after Ewan and Log-a-log he looks to Kenya."So.....talk?"

Kenya frowns "About what?" She rather not talk"Don t you gonna go march soon...I may go back on the boat...or maybe March."

Xander sighs "It....we can catch up and the shrews need to chat first." He is not the best one for this but he can try "You ran off last night and its dangerous even if you found the  Guosim, what if you didn't? I know Zolomon followed but...still"He frowns"You could of ran into a horde beast or a group of them and..your father likely worried."

Kenya blinks, he of all beast is lecturing her?She frowns, "I was ok...and"She frowns "Dad just wants to go fight cause the horde killed his friend..isn't that revenge and he wants to join the order but ohhh he is waiting till this is over, if he wants to rejoin the order why doesn't he, why  fight..something bad for..fighting is bad and he just wants to..."Tears..."He...."

Xander frowns, and....yeah not that it was really a lecture as he sits down now, he is not good with this really, "Umm...did you talk to him about it?" He looks around "Though still its not wise to..go off alone escaiapally right now"

Kenya frowns "I..I don't want him to die like my birth parents did and no one can promise he won't"

Ciocan comes walking over toward Xander and Kenya, "What's up?" He looks down at Kenya, leaning on his hammer, "Has your father done something silly again?"

Xander nods a hello to Ciocan, he clears his throat "Her father is Sinway...he is going to be one of..the many beasts helping in the fight to..save Mossflower and the Abbey."He hmmms "Maybe he could be asked to stay here as a guard"He knows the camp will need guards and a lot less chance a fight will happen in camp.

Kenya frowns "I ..I don't want my father to go off and fight, I mean he keeps saying he wants to rejoin the order, but one of the things the order believes in is no..fighting, unless like its self defense and you have no other choice and..and he does...there is the hares, and those shrews now, and you and the Defenders..that's a lot of beasts to help and..I don't want my dad to get killed"

Ciocan shakes his head and rests a paw on Kenya's shoulder, "Miss Kenya I can see you are upset, but your father is a warrior. He may wish to put up his sword and join the order but until he takes those vows he is under no obligation to live by their creed," He looks down into her eyes, "I will not force him to remain in camp on some excuse... even to soothe your worry my dear. We need every able bodied warrior at our side when we try to drive that horde away from the Abbey and he knows Mossflower, the woods and trees and secret pathways, I cannot in good conscience deprive the army of his skills when they will be needed most."

Xander nods "Sinway does know a lot about Mossflower most likely been in more places than I have. He is likely to be careful and if I am able I will do my best to keep an eye on him when I am able to."

Kenya sighs as she frowns but finally nods slowly as she sniffs "Ok..ok and I am gonna stay in camp."She frowns she will need to keep her mind off this somehow, "Maybe..there anything I can do in camp to still help? I am learning a little healing and...and maybe I can let them know when a beast gets back to camp or something."

Ciocan says, "Well miss Kenya I am sure there are plenty of things you can do to help us," He smiles at her, "We shall have to see what we can come up that you can help us with."

Xander nods "We are...very close now, I will have to have a meeting with the Defenders that came with me figure out what to do once we are..well at the final camp"And he knows that is in a few days.

Kenya smiles a little "I want to help..somehow.."She looks over at Xander "You don't have as many Defenders..least here with us and...."Hmmms mention news or not, then his friend should not her.

Ciocan says, "Well Miss Kenya, what say we have you talk to the Quartermaster, she is in charge of the camp, she'll get you sorted out with a job and things to do."

Xander hmms "Well I have Ximena and Sinway still for now, and Zolomon and there is also Minsc,Chip and Flea from Willowbark they are here to help too."

Kenya smiles at the option to help, it will help her think less of some of the stuff going on, she glaces at Xander and then speaks "You should talk to Zolomon soon..." She leaves it at that, not a why .

Ciocan asks, "See we have plenty of people to help," He motions Kenya to follow him and he walks over toward one of his hares, "Quartermaster Zuebreck I have Miss Kenya here eager to help," He motions to the one earred hare, "If you would tell her what you want to do Miss Kenya," The hare looks down at Kenya and grins, "Always happy to have more help around camp Missy, so what are you skills?"

Xander blinks "Talk about what?"He shrugs "I am sure he will say something soon and I am likely talking with him soon anyways..where ever he is"

Kenya nods, but first."I think he is joining the Long Patrol.." She then goes over to the hare and smiles "I know a little healing, and I can sew..I can also work with a wood...a little, they let me fix the door to the book binding room of the Library..well Brother Rick did..most of the work, but I helped and watched him and..."And she is off talking to the hare.

Xander listens and tilts his head, "Jon the Patrol?" Ok that's news

Ciocan turns to look at Xander, "Who is joining? Do you mean Zolomon? HE has expressed an interest yes. Now then Xander if you will excuse me I need to go see about the privates."

Xander blinks "But....." He has got to find his friend, his friend wouldn't leave Mossflower..would he?

Ciocan shrugs at Xander, "He asked to train as a recruit, if he wishes to join up he will be welcome. But he'd have to come back to the Mountain when we march, it is very rare we station hares in Mossflower," He nods to Xander and walks off toward a group of training privates.

===An hour later==

Zolomon makes his way into the camp and nods to a couple passing hares.

Kenya is helping, learning a little healing in fact as she smiles and nods. She even has learned to make some arrows, making arrows is easy once you get the hang of it and she is just making them to help, not to use and places them in a pile, every so often looking at a couple healers going over some herbs that are useful.

Zolomon smiles "Your happier lass good to see, jolly good"

Kenya smiles as she stands and goes over to him "Yeah...I am...I am helping and those 3 over there are talking about herbs so I am learning that at the same time!"

Zolomon nods "Good lass...and your staying in camp, double good"

Xander walks over to the hare and stops a short way "Zolomon.."He says softly.

Kenya frowns and looks at the hare "I'm sorry..I told him you were joining the Long Patrol"

Zolomon ears droop a little as he nods "Its....ok lass, tis fine" He smiles a little "Hey...Xandy"

Xander frowns "Your joining the Long Patrol? But....what about Mossflower Defenders?"

Ciocan walks over, beside him is the shrew Log-A-Log and they chat as the badger grins"Thank you friend..."The shrew bows and heads off, as the Badger Lord walks over to the others "What is going on?"

Kenya steps aside and lets them talk, yeah...this could end badly or good...who knows.

Zolomon salutes the Badger Lord and glaces at Xander, he decides to answer Xander first"I..yeah, umm if the badger Lord is..if he feels its..I want to officially join the Long Patrol, offer my skills of runner..archer not just as a recruit."

Xander listens as he looks between them, "But.."He frowns, ok he knows the hare has skills and could be useful"Your...be ..your have to move to the western shores you know that right, we would hardly see each other..."

Ciocan glaces at Zolomon and nods "You would be most welcome to join Zolomon.."He hmms and smiles"I will have to get something I will be right back"

Kenya speaks "You know..you would still be like friends, cause friendship is like strong and stuff, you don't ever truly lose a friend unless they like..die or something"

Zolomon nods and sighs at Xander "Xandy..I..I know that."He smiles "Wise words lass..."Ok serious, he means it now oh the full name "Xander....course we still be friends, best friends I even remember when we first meet..an eagle and gramps was thar...ya know Zee..on Ferravale path, and we all went to the tavern but you couldn't handle light ale and passed out..ya Uncle Zee won the drinking contest me and him had, hee hee...and shortly afterwards the Mossflower Defenders was formed, hee we were like the first two members..."

Xander listens as the hare talks and frowns as he uses the full name not a nickname "Zolomon....." He frowns yes he remembers that day too,"I..don't want you too..go away..you were my first..friend, my first real one anyways.."

Zolomon nods as he listens "I..know and we still be best pals til the end"

Xander seems unsure of that,"But...your....if you survive this horde your going away..I can't go that far"

Kenya sits down

Ciocan returns with a folded uniform as he nods to Xander and looks to Zolomon "How ..serious are you on this Recruit Zolomon? This is a lifetime vow not just a temporary job..its for life and I expect a lot of my Long Patrol hares."He keeps eye contact with the hare.

Zolomon stands at attention and salutes, keeps eye contact "Serious sur, your Lordship sur"

Xander steps back and watches this, looking like he rather bolt somewhere than watch this, his best friend ...leaving Mossflower?

Ciocan nods as he hands him the uniform"Then I expect you to change into this..Private Zolomon. You are dismissed.....oh and there is a meeting in 30 minutes...I expect you there, we have to discuss serious matters since we are very close now" He walks towards his tent, he needs to also do a few things before the meeting elsewhere in the camp here in a little while, after dinner in fact.

Kenya smiles "Congrats Zolomon..I bet your look cool in a uniform, you didn't even have a recruit one"

Zolomon smiles"Thank ya sur" He watches the badger head off and smiles, he grins at Kenya "Ya think...?" He smiles at Xander even."Isn't it awesome!"

Xander frowns "It's....I need to..going to check on the boat and Marek...make sure hares are not bothering him excuse me..."He sighs as he adds "Private..Zolomon"And quickly walks away.

Kenya frowns "He don't sound happy."She then ohhs "And..I decided, its ok if my dad helps out, he does know Mossflower and..they need him to help, and I know he will be careful and you and the others will keep him safe too but he is needed and ..maybe if he didn't help we would like all lose, he can help the badger lord find the best routes and like tell him trails of Mossflower on the maps the hares have, one had a map and I know Rupert does and he is a rabbit I know"

Zolomon nods "I..know lass..Xandy will be ok, I think he is just....yeah we been friends since he was barely above novice age and I am like...ohhh...5 or so seasons older than him but we still be best pals, best friends till the very end and I think that will last...even miles apart, sure of it"He smiles "I wonder what Tarsa will say"

Kenya shrugs "Hard to say...you like her don't you?"

Zolomon blinks "I..she is my commanding officer lass...a Sargent"

Kenya rolls her eyes "You smile and you danced on the ship..."She is young yet seems to understand this a little, "I think she likes you too..maybe I don't know."

Zolomon kneels down "I...be right back lass" He leaves long enough to change into the uniform of a Private and returns as he smiles "Now..this like I..well.."He chuckles a little.

Kenya smiles "You..like Tarsa.."She giggles a little "Maybe tell her"

Zolomon blinks, "Ummm...and ..she likely slap me"Ok he does like Tarsa and maybe a lot but he isn't saying a word, yet anyways"And right now more serious things to..be ready for lass"He nods "You were making arrows...that's pretty skillful."

Kenya sighs and nods "Yeah I just watched the other hare and helped, the archers will use them to..fight the bad beasts, and I can sew like I sewed one hares sleeve for her, it was torn a little...and I know a little healing and want to know more"And keeps her mind off things too.

Zolomon nods and pats her on the head"Things will be..well...may be tough..scary but we shall get though all this horde and what not..right lass?"

Kenya nods"And your help protect dad too. I am still a little worried but, its not as bad. He is very much needed and..that's ok. He will be back in camp when he can be back and maybe someone can come back to camp and take me to the abbey if he hasn't left yet, unless he is elsewhere"

Zolomon says, "Who knows maybe he will be ...Brother Sinway" He grins "Maybe put a good word in since he mentioned being a novice before..why go back if he was jolly well into the 2nd rank""

Kenya says, "Maybe...and that be cool if he gets to be A full Brother...our robes would be different as his would be brown and mine green"She walks around the hare and smiles "I think you look very nice in uniform""

Zolomon chuckles "Ya think little lass"He smiles "Reminds me..Jhan, wonder where that little chap is, he is at camp too..younger than you, most likely will live at the abbey...likely"

Kenya says, "Maybe take him to Salamandastron with you""

Zolomon says, "Thats something ta think on...later lass, not right now...well I need to get to a meeting, later lass"And he is off to the meeting and is right on time."

Last edited by KenyaAndJacenta (2018-10-02 01:39:07 PM)

#2 2018-10-01 09:16:50 PM

oz

Re: Chats On...Shrews,Promotions, and Helping!-Fate Of Marek TP LOG

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer