Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-27 05:44:08 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

D.R. kicks butt & I cannot lie.... (RWA&Fate of Marek TP log)

SCENE:  Redwall Abbey Champion's Cottage

CHARACTERS:  Matilda, a female hedgehog.  DoraRose, a female mouse.  Various spoofs.

LOG:
It was maybe a few hours after sundown and the champion had decided to get some needed rest, most likely ordered too get some rest and so she agreed. The guards were on the wall, but still they missed the lone shadowy ferret that got in,avole guard got a dagger to their throat and the ferret quickly picked the lock and walked into the cottage and looked around, he left the door open but his plan was simple..slip in and then out.  He was skilled at this.

DoraRose had been sent to bed early, forced to, even.  It had made her quite grumpy, and everyone had known about it.  But she had obeyed and gone into her Gatehouse -- she had even gone to bed like everyone wanted.  She had fallen asleep immediately (after all, she's been pushing herself pretty hard the past few months, even though she did take a few breaks at Oz's suggestion).....but then she was awoken by nightmares.  The nightmares she had started having when her baby sister was killed, which had stopped after her marriage to Leon.....and that had started again after he had died.  Knowing that she couldn't get back to sleep without doing something else, the Abbey Gatekeeper has gotten dressed again and is on her way to the training yard.  She has been allowed to have either her hammer or her axe with her in the Gatehouse so that if they are attacked while she is asleep, she can be ready at an instant's notice to come to her home's defense.  At this moment she is walking out of the Gatehouse, axe in paw.  Her plan is to go murder some training dummies...

Matilda is...well asleep.  I mean no one can enter without a key after all, she sighs and tries to get comfortable on the bed and finally does and drifts back to sleep. The ferret walks in further and looks around, unaware Dorarose is coming to go to the training yard and has to come into the main room to get to the doorway.  He scans the rooms...walks to the training room ..it's locked and he looks to the only other room....it opens slowly as he smirks seeing the sleeping hedgehog, paw on dagger he slips in, quietly and has no shoes so no noise.

DoraRose has come to the door of the cottage and goes to knock on the door, only to find it partially open.  Her eyes narrow, and she cautiously opens the door the rest of the way, silently stepping into the main room.  Her grip on her axe tightens as she sees the doorway to the bedroom open, and she makes her way over there.....

The ferret keeps slightly and walks over to the bed looking at the hedgehog, he sneers "Sorry..boss's orders..."He raises the dagger and goes to stab her in the throat, it may of been unwise to speak though as she mutters something and turns over, just in time for a dagger to go into her pillow, the ferret growls and that causes the champion to open her eyes and in her half asleep state blink and gasp, scooting sideways and tumbling off the bed, tangled in the blanket now she tries to kick away, not as easy as it looks as the ferret just chuckles, he has the dagger back.."Little trouble?  ...That's fine...makes my job easier and your famous magic blade is hanging up...too bad, so sad"

Oh, yeah, talking was a REALLY dumb idea.  DoraRose walks the rest of the way over to the bedroom door and kicks it open.  Her eyes widen, and she leaps forward and goes to kick the ferret in the shin!  "Leave her alone!"  Swinging her axe, she tries to use it to its best ability in the smallish space.

Matilda starts to get untangled as the ferret spins around to make a slice at the mousemaid "You interrupt...leave and go elsewhere or die now instead of when my Lord and Master wishes it"Meanwhile the Champion is getting her footpaws untangled, stupid blanket.

DoraRose dodges and goes to block the sword with her axe and kick the ferret again.  "Hah!  Kill me?  Ormaz couldn't do that if I was blindfolded."  She goes to shove him against the wall, mentally cursing herself for not having a sword.  The axe is hard in here.  If the Sword of Martin is anywhere close by, it doesn't click in her mind that she could use it.  Instead, she jumps back, lifts her axe, and goes to slam its edge into the ferret's chest, aiming to cleave his torso into 2 pieces!

Matilda finally gets loose just in time to see Dora slam the ferret into the wall knocking down an old picture frame, the ferret lifts the dagger to stab the mouse and then drops the dagger as the axe slams into his chest, and leaves a slight bit of a mark on the wall....luckily not deep for the wall, not so lucky for the would be assassin as when he falls sideways it's clear he is dead, no checking on this he is clearly dead as the champion slowly stands and looks on in surprise, a bit more awake now... "I...thank you Dorarose, I am lucky you were around tonight. I heard no one enter and usually do...I have not slept in a couple days straight"

DoraRose is breathing heavily as she lets the body fall to the floor.  Turning to the hedgehog, she says, "Yeah.....well.....I was trying to sleep 'cause I haven't had much sleep the past few days, either, but I had nightmares, so I came to work out in the training yard.  Guess I was just in the right place at the right time."  Looking around, she adds, "Should we go alert the guards now?"

Matilda walks over and looks at the dead ferret and makes a face, she sighs "How did someone slip in...again..." She frowns as she sits down  "I wasn't alert enough...I was tired when that arrow missed...what if it had hit him, I didn't see it 'til it hit the wall, another 1/4 an inch...."  She covers her face with her paws and shakes her head "And tonight if you had not be here...."

DoraRose goes to rest a paw on the hedgehog's shoulder.....very gently, so as to avoid getting pricked by her quills.  "Hey, don't do that to yourself.  Believe me, I used to punish myself in that way, and it's not needed.  Nobeast is perfect, and if anybeast expects you to be....then you need to just ignore them, okay?"  The mouse sits beside the Champion, trying to look in her eyes.  "It's not up to you to be everything for everybeast.  Just be you, and everything will work out okay.  It always does, somehow."  She smiles slightly.  "Maybe we both need to rest a little more, and take turns being up on the walls."

Matilda smiles a little "Thanks but...beasts do expect me to..well do a lot it seems, and I need a day off, but I also don't want to look like I am not there for the abbey, and Ormaz is going to not just keep...hardly doing anything, he is going to full on attack and likely soon, he isn't going to wait forever to have a major attack and...and I need to be ready, we all do."

DoraRose smiles.  "Yeah, I think some beasts see the Champion as some kind of magical creature that has no soul or something and so doesn't need any rest or food or anything.  Ignore them."  She goes to take the hedgehog's paw and give it a slight squeeze.  "We can have our weapons at our sides at all times and train and stay in shape....but if we don't rest and make time for fun and relaxing.....Redwall might fall simply because we can't focus."  She pauses, then smiles slightly.  "Do you like cookies?  I love baking....maybe we could make some cookies or pie or something.  Together."  The Champion may be great and guided by powers, but maybe she needs someone to take her under their wings, so to speak, and guide her in a motherly sort of way.  The Gatekeeper can do that. smile

Matilda smiles "Cookies sound...great"  She chuckles "Maybe after some rest we would likely burn them to hard rocks...then again we could always -share- them with the horde, Redwall does like to share after all"  She made a small joke but it's clear she seriously needs some sleep.

DoraRose smiles.  "Aye, except under my watch, they won't burn.  Just because I'm a Warrior doesn't mean I can't be a good cook, too."  She stands and offers a paw to help the Champion up.  "Now, you are going to sleep in my Gatehouse tonight, and after I get some guards to help me clean up this mess, I'll come back and sleep in my rocking chair.  Okay?"  She's not going to take no for an answer, however, that's plain to see.

Matilda nods and decides to let the gatekeeper lead her to bed..she does stop long enough to get the blade and nods "Ok...let's go"   

DoraRose smiles and leads the hedgehog to the Gatehouse. After making sure she's comfortable on the bed (Leon wouldn't mind, she's sure of it), the mouse quietly leaves and yells at the guards! They rush around, finding the dead guard, dumping the would-be assassin right outside the front gates where Ormaz can see it first thing in the morning, and they scour the Abbey grounds and buildings, making sure that there are no more intruders. When this is well underway, the Gatekeeper quietly re-enters her home, sits down in a rocking chair, and is soon asleep. Her home is safe for now, so she can rest. Tomorrow they can start the struggle again....   

~*END*~

Thanks for reading big_smile

Board footer