Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-12 11:40:25 AM

oz

On The Walltops-Missing Abbot Log

Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and dibbun caretaker of Redwall
Quade-Warrior in Mossflower Defenders
Kurt-Robin
spoofed guard

== Oz hears only a faint tale end of a talk between Quade and a robin named Kurt. Oz is starting to be unsure of Quade but decides  for now it’s just stress, its a short log but important still **

Quade was on the walltops, that was unusual as he volunteered to help with wall duty. He walked to an area away from the other guards, a corner sort of, having a sleepy guard leave, yeah he would keep an eye on things he said so the guard left Quade in his shift, now the squirrel sat quietly.   

Kurt landed near the squirrel "I bring news....both good and bad."   

Quade nods "What news? I know some already but do let me know, perhaps I don’t know all news my friend"

Kurt nods "The badger know as Takeo has taken his cubs and made it to his ship, the large eagle and the one known as Xander was with him. Takeo set sail to the western shore and Xander and the eagle are on their way back to the abbey. I also bring news of...Stoneskin."   

Quade frowns "My pet, yes I seen him" Fire burns in his eyes of hate and revenge, "DO you know who killed my pet? And what of the vixen? I know she was no way able to do what happen, she was near death"   

Kurt speaks low "The vixen was brought back to the abbey and lies in a very deep faint in the infirm...I checked, the badgers were there, but I overheard talk between Xander and Takeo...Xander Winters killed Stoneskin, he saved the lives of his father and the hare Zolomon." He seems nervous "And what if the vixen awakens..speaks or writes out your name as she knows...she worked for you did she not?"   

Quade says, "Then we will have to make sure she doesn’t wake up...won't we"   

Oz walks along the walltops offering lunch to the small amount of guards and either lucky, or unlucky, he catches Quade last sentence as he clears his throat and sits down some oatcakes and greensap milk "Make sure who doesn’t wake up?" It seems by the tone of voice its best to answer the badger. “And who else is here?"   

Kurt studies the badger "I am Kurt..a robin" He leaves it at that and looks at Quade as if to say now what?   

Quade frowns but he remains calm, he is good at hiding true emotions" Just a beast who needs some sleep, you know how some can be when woken too soon...moody and all, it’s best to let beasts get a nap in at times, especially now with everything happening. The abbot is missing and so is Brother Leon's daughter, and Sister Zinnia's death...must be so hard, and I recently learned Takeo left with the twins, I do hope all is well with them"   

Oz listens carefully and seems to look for any signs of voice change and snorts at the squirrels calmness" Yes Takeo and the twins left, but he made it to the ship and is heading to his homeland...we could of used him here but I understand his feelings and respect them. As for beasts napping I never said it was a bad thing, you just seemed to think it a bad idea to wake them, if it’s important you do so. So where was this beast who wished to not awaken ?"   

Quade keeps calm, ever oddly calm he is skilled at this" Just one of the abbey beasts living here, they seemed tired from helping out so much and I didn’t want to disturbed that as I was telling the robin here, we don’t want them waking up as they may grumble at another beast and with all the stress lately. I say even you could most likely use a nap.. I mean one of the main 4 in charge, and chores and dibbun duty on top of that, well that’s a lot to handle, and let’s not forget Sister Zinnia...why she was family and your most likely still stressed over it."   

Kurt stays on the wall edge, not moving and just doing his best to stay calm and let the squirrel talk, then a little nervousness could be expected after listening to the squirrel.   

Oz says, "I get rest when I can" He replies softly, he seems unsure of the squirrel. "In fact I should get back to the dibbuns, I was only bringing anyone on the walltops a small snack."   

Quade says, "To which I thank you. I will be heading out with a couple guards" A lie, bout the guard, but he makes it sound as if he will have guards with him, he controls his tone of voice. "I do hope things get better soon"   

Kurt nods "Better would be nice"   

Oz sighs "Yes we all want things to get better..." He then heads downstairs slowly and back inside the main building.   

Quade makes sure the badger is out of ear shot and out of sight and no one else is near before eating a rice cake and taking a drink of the milk, he then speaks "Kurt..tell Bolt I will be there later tonight. I need to take care of a couple things that have come up"

Kurt nods "What things sir?"   

Quade eats another rice cake and smiles "These are good, Friar Lacota is very good at his job...oh yes the things to do..."He finishes his snack" That blind badger may way be a bigger threat to me than I first thought....I need to get him out of the way, just how is the question as he rarely leaves this place and most likely won’t since he is a main one in charge while the abbot is missing. And..Xander" He hisses the name" Needs to pay for his crime of taking my pet away" He smiles " An accident or perhaps Xander can go missing soon...for now go. I will be at the base by nightfall and as to what to tell the abbey beast I am just on a mission to locate the missing beasts.....but in truth it’s a meeting on how to go about whats next, I am still trusted and a -friend- here after all" He smirks.   

Kurt nods and flies off.

==Seems Quade doesn’t like badgers, what will happen next? Is Quade going to try and harm someone else? Is that wise? Will Oz figure out something is up with Quade in time, or will he learn too late….why did I type this last bit?. Cause I did ==

Last edited by oz (2017-03-12 11:41:01 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer