Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-14 11:31:54 AM

oz

Oz Is In A Deep Faint, And Kenya Is Missing-Fate Of Marek TP

Who:

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Matilda- Champion of Redwall

Krisha- Temperary Badger Mother

Sinway- Fighter in Mossflower Defenders

some spoofs of gards and a couple abbey beasts...

Log:

Benar stands by the tapestry quietly,laying a paw on it and then moves ever so slowly to his chair, stumbling once and sits down.

Krisha walks into the room and over to Benar, she has woken early, just not every day. She also has yet to be told why she needed to be seen "Hello Abbot...you wished to see me?"

Benar quietly looks up at the badger, has he been...crying?He finds his voice after a short while "The...they need you right now..."He seems to struggle to get the words out as he glaces up the stairs as if waiting for some sort of news, any news.

Krisha asks, "Who needs me?" She walks forwards and kneels beside the abbot "Benar?"

Benar frowns "Oz ..."A order Sister comes down and whispers to Benar , the abbot nods as mutters "Thank...you..."He clears his throat..."The..the dibbuns...need you...till further notice.."

Krisha listens and speaks "I..don't understand....."She gets a worried look, "What happen to Oz? Why can't he tend to them?"

Matilda sighs as she walks in, "Oz was badly hurt....I have only heard that..he's not...is he?" She asks in worry as she walks the rest of the way over.

Benar sniffs "He...lives..barely but he is in a very deep faint. They are keeping him in his room, healer at all times and the room to the dibbuns is..locked, the on other other way in is the hallway door, that's double guarded and the window will have a heavy blind on it, plus a guard is near there as well since his room is close to ...to mine."

Krisha gasps, a few tears fall "What..what happen?"

Matilda says, "A assassin got in, they were after Benar and seems they found Oz's room first....there was a fight and Oz was badly hurt defending a couple dibbuns, as well as keeping the assassin away from Benar it seems...""

Benar says, "I heard noise from Oz's room so went to see what happen...."He closes his eyes " There was a marten...and a rat and Oz was already hurt bad on the floor, Kenya was there too...The assassin went after me when I went to get Kenya out of the room, Oz..."He sighs "Oz managed to take down the..the marten and then he passed out, and I seen just how bad he was...was hurt.""

Krisha frowns "Will he..live?" Worry is clearly in her voice as she asks, not being sure she wants the answer or not.

Matilda is also curious but at the same time "Where is Sinway, I need to find him, I started to but was busy making sure the walls had better guards, as well as guards posted at certain doors and all gates...we..we can't let this happen again these vermin are getting determined to take us down"

Benar says, "I am not sure where Sinway is...likely where ever Kenya is, she ran out of the room before anyone could stop her..the poor child seen the fight she must be so upset.""

Krisha sighs as she stands "I will tend to the dibbuns..d...don't worry"Is she ready? Well she better be "Sister Ginny is likely with them for now..or is someone else?"

Matilda says, "I am not sure...."She sighs, she hates to bring up other news "Kenya ...she..I don't know if she tried to run away or not, but when that rat got away...he had her with him, he tried to use her as a shield from the archers and they went into the woods...I think away from that siege camp but still. A couple sparrows are carefully looking for them, its why I was looking for Sinway.""

Benar frowns and sinks into his chair," This morning gets worse and worse...I don't know what to do, we can't very well send a search party after them...they would be trapped outside the abbey"

Krisha says, "There is some beasts outside..I heard some slaves were freed but not where they went, the only news was ...Karth being..."

Matilda nods "Yes Karth was killed and I know the horde has a squirrel named Ironbark, as for the freed slaves we can only hope they are safe as I had heard no news they were not but I do not think that helps Kenya, it does seem the rat may be on his own...I do not know, a quick scan from a sparrow didn't see her or the rat and some possible paw prints heading northeast but some rain likely washed those away by now."

Benar sighs "I..don't....know....can the morning get any worse..."

Krisha says, "I hope not...what am I supposed to tell the dibbuns, they will want to know where Papa Oz is"

Matilda says, "I do not have experience with that...I know you don't want to frighten them but also not lie and tell them all is ok, they need to know somehow that he will be...well ..that he was hurt and needs to have a lot of rest but that also healers are helping him best they can"

Benar takes a deep breath "I do not wish to frighten anyone....I..I will have to make an announcement ...soon..."

Krisha nods and lays a paw on Benar's arm "I can tell them....and tell them they are safe, and yes others need to know what happen as well."

Matilda sighs "Seems we need more guards at night, then makes since to try something at nightfall when its dark out and the fog this morning didn't help either"

Benar lean back in his chair and just frowns quietly as some tears fall down his face. He clearly got hardly any sleep last night as he was almost asleep when he started to go to Oz's room.

Krisha frowns and stays beside Benar, she glaces at Matilda unsure what to do ."Should..I just go to the dibbuns....or wait?"

Matilda says, "They are with Sister Ginny and Brother Rick for now, they will be fine. Another job..."She frowns and speaks "That badger mother has is helping the abbot so your need to be there for him as well, even more so now""

Benar just quietly sits there, not saying anything for now

Krisha nods "I will help best I can. I..I may not be fully ready for this but I will do my best and we can only hope Oz will pull though this and..if he don't...then."

Matilda says, "Let's hope the title doesn't stay with you, we all want Oz to recover, thought right now it seems rather bad...I will check on him myself here soon as I want to stay updated as well.""

Benar takes a deep breath again as he slowly shakes his head and closes his eyes, just letting some tears flow, he also looks ready to fall asleep but at the same time fighting off falling asleep.

Krisha frowns "Let's hope he..."She looks at Benar and frowns....ok her job to be here for him as she slowly gives him a hug not knowing what else to do right now.

Matilda sighs, she walks over to the doorway and speaks with a couple beasts who nod and rush off, she glaces back at the abbot and Krisha and frowns, she is worried as well." As I said...I will check here soon. Got to also tend to the stupid rat getting away." Not her fault and she knows, there was slight chaos in the room, all eyes were away from the rat when he dashed off and its just now light enough to see and the fog is clearing some now.

Benar leans agiast Krisha and just lets out some stress, crying and shivering slightly before slowly calming in a few moments to show he is asleep now, sleep he likely serious needs right now.

Krisha nods as she listens to the champion and gently rubs Benar's back and stays where she is, she quietly asks "Do I take him to his room?"

Matilda glaces over and nods "Yeah...that's best..."She nods to a couple beasts a squirrel and an otter to go up as well.."Also make sure no one brothers him, he needs rest "

Benar has done something he most likely hasn't done since he was a dibbun and that's cry himself to sleep, thought he got hardly any sleep last night before hearing noises, he now wishes he didn't check on...he wont protest to rest, now right now.

Krisha sighs and mutters a be right back as she takes Benar to his room and then comes back down the stairs and sits down

Sinway walks into the great hall from the outside just as he sees Benar being carried up to his room, he quickly turns to Matilda "Everything be ok marm?"

Matilda frowns"No...there was....some marten and a rat got over the wall last night..the marten is dead..the rat got away..."She looks at Sinway and frowns "Also there is...something else."

Krisha frowns, she sits quietly and wipes away a tear "Someone tried to kill Benar....but they ended up in the wrong room...that marten threaten dibbuns and...and a novice, and Benar walked in and could of died had it not been for...for...."She frowns.

Sinway slaps his rudder tail on the ground out of anger squeezing his paws into fists and when Matilda adds that something else has happen his anger turns to worry before looking over to Krisha "Is Oz ok.....is Kenya ok?"

Matilda frowns"Oz is ...hurt bad...in a deep faint....Kenya had ran from the room...the rat got away when everyone was focus on...on Oz and ..."She sighs"By the time we got sight of the rat he was going over the wall back to the woods....he went away from the siege camp so he is likely on his own...."She frowns as she stares at Sinway, not liking saying it..."He...the rat has Kenya or least did, he tried to use her as a shield agasist the archers..."

Krisha sniffs "I am...in charge of the ..the dibbuns for now, they are with Sister Ginny and Brother Rick...I still have no idea what to tell them...maybe I am not ready for this....I..what if I end up as badger mother premently?"

Sinway looks at Matilda a very calm yet deadly focused look on his face "Are ye saying Kenya is outside the abbey?" At the current moment Krisha's comment doesn't register with him

Matilda glaces at Krisha "Please..don't think that..Oz has....the best care..Brother Rafeal..Angela..Brother Gorvenalus is lending his healing skills..."She frowns truly worried, she looks back to Sinway."Yes...she may of started to run away...at the same time the rat was...getting away..."She isn't sure its wise her next words "Sinway...if your thinking of..."Then again he likely won't listen if she refushed...she sighs"That rat could be dangerous even if he isn't with the horde...your going to have to be careful and I can't go with you and you wont be able to get back inside the abbey right now."

Krisha listens as she sits in the chair, a slow nod "He could still die..."She is worried.

Sinway shakes his head "If Kenya is not within the rats grasp then he is no threat to me, I have taken down many...and yes I be thinkin' just that, and ain't no beast here gonna stop me and I do not need ye to come marm, I travel faster alone and ye be needed here to help lead and keep moral up." He rushes off to the kitchen before coming back "I'm having the kitchen prepare two or three days worth of food something light the vermin activity is light today I'll slip out later."

Matilda frowns "I..I know Oz could still die...I just hope he doesn't...he is alive...barely." She nods to Sinway"Just..be careful....I don't wish to hear of any other deaths or captive beasts"

Krisha nods as she stays quiet, if she speaks she will likely cry.

Matilda sighs "I...have to talk to the guards...excuse me."She also goes to check on Oz before heading off to talk with the guards or anyone who wants to volunteer for wall duty, today will likely be a long long day.

Sinway turns to Krisha offering her a warm smile "Chin up marm, Oz be a badger like yer self, he be a tough creature if he still breaths I'm sure he will awake." He gives her a reasuring pat on the shoulder "Ye got to be strong fer all the dibbuns, even if ye worry ye can't show it or they will worry."

Krisha says, "They willl ask where he is and that concerns me...I know..I know I was in training to do this, just dont feel totally ready "

Sinway nods "Of course they will, and no use hidin' it from them, one way or another they will find out, dibbuns always do......ye just got to reasure them he will get better." he then chuckles a little "if ye be waitin' till ye think ye are ready to be incharge of the dibbuns then me thinks ye gonna be waitin' fer a very long time........i don't think one ever feels like they be ready for something like this, they just do it."

Krisha slowly stands up "I....likely should go to the dibbuns now....you be careful Sinway and...find Kenya and keep her safe"

Meanwhile Matilda checks on Oz and frowns as she looks down at him and sighs, “Martin...please watch over Oz...and all of us”

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer