Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-09 01:55:40 PM

oz

Sister Zinnia's Funeral-Redwall Log

Redwall Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and Dibbun Caretaker of Redwall
Leon-Master Healer
Dorarose-Abbey Gatekeeper
Rayen-Mate to Flicktail
Caleb-Abbey Novice
Zolomon-Archer hare and member of Mossflower Defenders
Xander-Warrior in Training and Member of Mossflwoer Defenders
Edson-Hedgehog fighter in Mossflower Defenders
Takeo-Mate to Zinnia
spoofed Milo and Ottis(Otters), random abbey beasts and woodlander friends

==In the Abbey Graveyard==

The day is slightly cold, no snow or rain and even a lone green flower stem has started to try and come through the snow in a couple places, but it’s still winter and spring is still a few weeks away. Today beasts are gathered for  Sister Zinnia’s funeral. With the abbot missing it was hard to figure out whom to help be in charge of this sad event but a couple beasts stepped forwards.

Oz being one of those beasts as he walked forwards and frowned “I…” He started , but he ended up leaning on the small table that was placed here as tears went down his face. He then stepped down and sat down unable to go on. A couple beasts looked around and a couple frowned.

Caleb frowns and remains seated, he looks at Leon “Is Papa Oz ok dad?”

Leon sighed and stood up, he checked on Oz and then walked to the front and looked at the gathered beasts as he took a deep breath “We are here today to say our goodbyes to Sister Zinnia…to some elsewhere Lady Zinnia, mate to Sir Taeko of Willowbrook Island. I have never done this sort of thing…yes been to funerals but not spoken first at one or addressed beasts so I am not sure how to go about this. This was sudden and..upsetting. Takeo brought her to the infirm and of course my first reaction is to rush over to help, but I soon found out…she was dead. Killed by an arrow that hit her in the chest…in her heart, she died almost instantly most likely so least she didn’t suffer. We know not whom took her from us, but I am sure they will be found and…justice will be had. “ He frowns “Normally Abbot Benar would be in charge of this but he is missing…and while he is missing I, Oz, Elder Lacota and Champion Magramba is in charge of things at the abbey.” He looks over at the still form of Zinnia and back to the others.” You all are welcome to come up and share words…memories if you would like of Sister Zinnia….I have one. I remember our last trip to the badger Mt…..she was the ambassador for the trip and the trip had its ups and downs, but it went fairly well, I also remember when she first came to the abbey…her father, Zork who adopted her, had saved her from a slaver and she was injured..she didn’t like anyone, got along with few and didn’t want to be indoors but she slowly became friends…then novice and a Sister in the order..and she was Recorder for the abbey..she had many friends and will be missed” He then goes to sit back down.

Takeo goes up next, he brushes some head fur from Zinnia’s forehead and kisses her forehead, “I..miss you…I –WILL- find the beast who did this, to this I swear my love” He then turns slowly and looks at the beasts, most he doesn’t know and the few he does not very well “I..meet Zinnia along the western shore….a long ways south of that badger Mountain place. She was ill and I took her to my ship and used my skills of a healer to help her. She and I feel in love and it was the happiest day of my life when I asked her to marry me and she said yes. She spoke of her friends….”He looks at Xander” Of her son…often. She loved all of you and when she learned her Uncle Zee was ill she wanted to come back to Redwall and I brought her back….we were too late to see him alive and I know he was buried in..Snowy North..Send Valley…I am sure they are catching up now.” Tears go down his face and he wipes them away, “The worse day of my life was when I found her..dead..no life light in her eyes, she…she seemed calm though and I can only hope it means she wasn’t in pain. As someone stated when I …when I carried her inside after finding her, she is with her Father now…as well as that Zee…whom I never meet but I am sure he would have been most interesting to meet.” The otters Milo and Ottis go up when the badger starts sobbing and helps him back to his seat, it’s clear he is still taking Zinnia’s death fairly hard.

Oz finally stands up and goes back up front to speak. “ Zinnia…told me how she had a dream, this before her and Takeo left on her ship, it was one with Zork in it…she seemed a bit distance about details but I think he came to tell her something was going to happen to her, if that is true…I am sure Zork was the first one to greet her at the dark forest gates.” He feels a tear go down his face. “ She was 3…maybe 4 seasons when she first came to the abbey. She trusted few but seemed to trust Zork first…she took his death the hardest when it happen, she and he were very close…it was me she seemed to trust 2nd, guess trust her own species first.” He manages a weak smile” She was so happy when she became a Sister and a little scared as well but she soon got over it. She was one of about 3 others who went to Salamandastron to get help when the abbey was attacked  some seasons ago…..she went a 2nd time with Brother Leon and Dorarose to let them know when Abbot Lorimis died. I am sure she would of went again if she had gotten the chance. She was very good at keeping recorder logs for the abbey,  maybe the youngest recorder we have ever had…but she had a ton of knowledge and wisdom for her age that most don’t get till they are a lot older.” He takes a deep breath and lays a paw on Zinnia “I will miss you honey…tell Uncle Zee and that brother of mine Ozzy said hi.” He then goes back to his seat.

Dorarose was next to go up and speak, she was crying and finally stopped enough to speak, "Zinnia was a dear friend, the best a beast could wish for.  She pressed through a darkness few will ever know, and the light that she had because of her courage will live on in the hearts of those who knew her.  Rest in peace, Zinnia.  I will miss you so much."   She then sits back down beside Leon and Caleb.

Rayen had stayed off to the side, tears going down her face. She then quietly slipped off, she needed to go do something and do it now before anyone could stop her she was getting her longbow and heading out the abbey gates while most beast were at the funeral of Zinnia.

Xander had sat for a long while before slowly standing and walking over to look at his mother as tears went down his face, he quickly wiped them away. He looked at the gathered beast and seemed unsure of what to say..”S..she was my..mom….my mother. She saved me from sea gulls and..made sure a healer helped me, she even got a bad cut on her shoulder, she even got a scar from it…she may of not been a warrior or anything like that but she had her bravery moments and…and I wish I had more time with her..I..I REALLY DO….”He then lays his head on Zinnia and lets tears fall.

A paw lays on the badger’s shoulder and a voice “Xandy…tis ok, tis ok to cry” Its Zolomon, the hare heard of Zinnia’s death “ Even warriors cry, Martin bally well cried before, wot.”

Leon walks back up “Xander?” He asks calmly as he stays nearby in case he is needed.

Caleb stays where he is and just looks at the grounds, funeral are always sad.

Xander looks up at the hare and then allows his friend to lead him back to the seats quietly, his fur wet under his eyes.

Zolomon sits by his friend, not leaving his side.

Edson was new as he stood, and walked over and cleared his voice “A poem…I heard somewhere as I did not know her….I am new around here,  but here it is” He clears his voice again
” You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived
You can close your eyes and pray that she’ll come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all she’s left
Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her and only that she’s gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on
You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she’d want:
smile,
open your eyes,
love
and go on.”

The hedgehog then takes a seat where he was.

Oz sighs as some more beasts say one or two things, a memory or words of sorry to the badgers, he then stands to go up front” It seems we have all said our..words, memories and…things. We now lay Sister Zinnia to rest.” He nods for the otters to lower he into the ground after closing the casket and after she is lowered into the ground he takes a pawful of dirt and drops it onto  the grave and says quietly “Till we meet again” And then steps back allowing others to come forwards if they wish.

Takeo gets a pawful of dirt and says something in his native language and slowly drops in the dirt, Milo and Ottis do the same as the three then go back to sit down.

Leon stays where he is with Caleb who is not crying softly.

After all the beasts finish paying their respects Sister Zinnia is laid to rest in the abbey graveyard where beasts can come visit if they want to. Beasts go quietly to Cavern Hole or maybe elsewhere but the rest of the morning seems quiet, a friend..a mother..an Abbey Sister…a niece…has died and those in her life will miss her greatly, some more so than others.

Last edited by oz (2017-03-10 10:02:01 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer