Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-30 04:42:49 PM

oz

The Long Patrol Is On Its Way-Fate Of Marek TP

Who:
Ciocan-Badger Lord

Zolomon-Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Quinten-Recorder of Salamandstron

Ximena- Healer in Mossflower defenders

Hawkeye-Old retired otter warrior

Ewan- LP Fighter

Felicity-LP Corporal  and runner in LP

Jacenta- LP Healer

Salamandastron: Forge Room
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Salamandastron *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- You are in a fairly large room, the walls rising up around you hewn from solid rock. In the center stands a colossal object - the forge. Steam is constantly rising from the forge due to the intense fire burning within. The typical accessories are set around the perimeter of the forge: billows, tongs, and a large bucket of cool water. Lining the walls are finished and unfinished items ranging from great battle-axes to little forks. A large ventilation shaft is above, raised higher than the rest of the room to permit the rising heat to escape. Because of the flames the room is well lit, although quite warm. Over in the corner of the room is a small pile of raw ore just waiting to be molded into some implement or another. *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Ciocan has just finished up some armor takes off his gloves as the armor is laid aside to cool after of course dipping it into the water and causeing a lot of stem. He looks to the doorway as he is almost ready to head out .

Quinten opens the door to the forge, leading in Private Felicity. He's been being incredibly mysterious with her, just ambushing her in the corridor and summoning her quite formally to fall in and follow him. He steps to one side so she can see the Badger lord and salutes, "Private Felicity as requested sah..." He then falls into attention and watches.

Felicity enters the forge room, slightly nervous. She has been very loud about wanting to go to Mossflower to help save Redwall -- could this be about that? Has she been hand-picked to do a special task on the mission? She hopes that she hasn't been forced to stay behind. She marches in and salutes, coming to attention as she stops before the badger. "Aye, sah, reportin' as ordahed!"

Ciocan nods "Hello. I have hard some of you wanting to go to Mossflower but they can't be allowed"He has yet to explain as he walks closer and stands in front of her. He is even already in his armor and ready to head off, just this one matter to take care of first.

Quinten remains standing where he is, waiting patiently for Ciocan to get to the good news and then well... he's sure he can convince Felicity that being stuck in the Home Guard with himself isn't a bad thing.

Felicity freezes. "Wh....whot?" She hesitates for a few minutes, then says, "But...but sah, I've got friends out thah! I couldn't beahr it if they died 'cause I wasn't there to 'elp!" As if DoraRose needs protecting.

Ciocan holds up a paw "You are needed here..."He pauses "Your be here with Quinten he can show you to the group of hares your be in charge of Corporal Felicity and will get you a new uniform as the private one wont work anymore"He smiles "I need to head off sure I am sure Xander and his friends wonder where I am...and Quinten you can join me after you give Corporal Felicity her new uniform and show her whom she will be training while we are away"

Quinten smiles softly and salutes, "Of course sah," He looks at Felicity and smiles offering her a salute too, "Welcome to the House-Hold Guard Corporal, it may not be what ye dreamed of but sometimes a hares place is in the mountain. His Lordship never does anything without a reason wot."

Felicity says, "Sah, please, y'don't understand...." but then she pauses. "Waitwot....Corporal? Wait, WHOT?!" Her voice raises an octave as she looks between the 2 male beasts before her. "Corporal? Since when.....oh, jolly jelly donuts," she whispers, utterly flabbergasted, putting a paw to her forehead.

Ciocan chuckles "Your be fine Corporal Felicity now if your excuse me"He then heads off to make sure all the hares going are ready and to get them all in straight lines and all that on the beach.

Quinten quirks his ears, "Corporal, Watch your Language in front of his Lordship or I'll debunk you straight back down to recruit and send you back to basic," He's grinning however as he says it and steps forward to offer her a hand, "His Lordship is running off on adventure and taking my assistant recorder with him. My place is here in the Mountain, I need an officer to help keep the recruits staying behind in line wot and help me keep the mountain running. There be a lot of non patrol hares staying behind, someone has to help keep them safe if anything happens here."

Felicity looks at the Recorder, taking his paw without really realizing it. "I....I..." she looks at him, then straightens, determination replacing her shock. "Aye....I'll do m'best." She takes a deep breath, her face a mask of mixed emotions. "I do 'ope they get there in time..." When it's time, she'll take her new uniform and change, giving her baby sister free reign with her old one. Then she'll get to meet the hares she'll be basically in charge of now. Talk about sudden changes....

Western Shore
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Shore ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A sea of sand surrounds the magnificent mountain now to your side. The golden sand is flat and hard, easy to walk on. You stand directly between the volcano and the sea. The refreshing sea spray tickles your face as a tropical wind from off the sea whisks it in your direction. The serene roar of the blue-green waves and perhaps the call of a distant gull are typically all that can be heard. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zolomon was worried, to say he wasn't would be a lie to all around. He was excited to head back home, then the whole it will be a couple extra days wait, then his friend wanders off and he needs to find his friend so he himself wandered down the beach.

Xander had been in Halyard and stayed the night in the inn before coming back to the shoreline carrying a couple things, one a small box he has buried in the sand making an area of shells and some small rocks, he knows the tide will likely wash it away, its fine..its still something he wants to do.

Hawkeye stands nearby and leans on a crutch he has now "You sure this was wise kid, I mean...you probably worried ya friends not coming back last night."

Zolomon spots Xander and makes a beeline to his friend "Xandy! Hey your ok...what ya got?Whats goin on...oh hey Hawkeye old bean, feeling better?" Yes to many questions as he watches Xander "I do believe we leave soon...ish...."

Jacenta slips out and follows the hare "I say wot is all this, if needed tell me to blooming go away"

Xander glaces up at Zolomon as he stands slowly"I am ok ..Zolomon."He nods to the hare maid "Your not interrupting anything now.."He sighs and rubs his eyes, was he..crying?" I had to..do something, call it...closure maybe."He looks at the small little grave "Even if it was...seasons ago and all there was was a broken shell...his little...container, he needed a proper burial after all this time, his name was Mr. Dot..he was a friend of mine, even if he was a hermit crab"

Hawkeye nods a hello "He....was in Jedricks old..house...lets just say tis gone now"

With permission of course, lucky the old house was in a little side road, yep seemed Jedrick like it hidden even then, no other place near the old house but some old run down not used anymore building that seemed full of spiders now.

Zolomon blinks as his ears droop "Oh..ya ok Xandy..why ya want to go there wasn't he...umm"

Jacenta just stays off to the side, none of her business really but she also rather not walk back alone. She will just quietly wait off to the side for now.

Xander takes a deep breath"A slaver...my..owner for 4 seasons till I escaped by extreme  luck..."He nods "It needed done, needed closure and going there helped me finally put it in the past, especially after seeing Crimson in that tavern."He smiles slowly "I feel better Zolomon and even found something I thought was lost forever"He shows another small box he has, its been dusted off and cleaned made of some sort of cherry wood looks like and has vines and a sunflower picture on it.

Hawkeye nods "Jedrick's place was burnt down...it wont be missed trust me and the Rusty Dagger...well seems some others didn't want it around so its torn down..maybe I will help build some sort of shop thar, not sure what kind yet but something useful."

Zolomon looks at the box "Its blooming pretty..whats inside?"

Jacenta walks closer, curious as well and stories others have are interesting after all.

Xander smiles as he opens it up, a small jewel dagger..a couple smooth white beach stones, a small wooden badger figurine of some sort, and a lace handkerchief. There is also a book, a journal..."From my..past..I always carried this with me, even had it the day Jedrick enslaved me and he....well locked it in some chest that was still there..only thing in the chest unless count old bed sheets."He closes the box and sighs a little remembering sad but happy as he looks at the sea slightly"I was found with...this too when...."He looks down and frowns.

Hawkeye goes to gently pat him on the shoulder, "Tis ok Xander...its the past and sometimes it can hurt but other times it shouldn't be totally forgotten either..some things yes, or not...up to you..your past, good and bad..it all shapes who one becomes later in life and things keep shaping us all our lives"

Zolomon frowns, he knows who he means and nods. He just stays quiet for his friend but there for support as always.

Jacenta backs off a little as she speaks "Yeah..past is important me uncle always said that"

Xander smiles and hugs Zolomon and gives Hawkeye a hug as well as he nods to the hare miad "Yeah.."He then straightens up"Alright...we have a long trip ahead of us here soon Zolomon, are the others ready to go?"

Hawkeye allows the hug and gives one of his own "You be careful..I may just haf ta see me sea gull friend to check on ya"

Zolomon nods"Yes sir..ready ta bally well go..walk..march wot ever"

Jacenta shrugs "I think I am staying..some haf ta stay here after all wot"

Xander nods "Good..."He glaces at Hawkeye as he smiles "I will be fine..trust me..you stay out of trouble..ok"

Hawkeye rolls his eyes "I plan ta...too old fer adventure..sides"He has the bandaged leg and a crutch here as he smirks.

Ciocan comes walking down the shore from the direction of the mountain, the Badger Lord dressed in his armour, his war-hammer resting against his hip. He is accompanied by Quinten and a couple of other officers as well as Quartermaster Burdock, the group in conversation about this and that as they approach the group waiting on the beach. He looks up as he spots Xander and raises a paw, "Xander, my hares are ready to set out for Mossflower, if your people are ready? I'd like to leave sooner rather then later."

Zolomon turns as he sees the Badger Lord "Greetings Lord C..." Hmms should he really give him a nickname, that's Zolomon for you.

Xander nods "Me and my group is ready Sir.."He frowns at Zolomon like really and sighs as he walks over to Ciocan and nods"As I said we are ready and I know its a long trip so leaving sooner is best"

Hawkeye backs off and nods "I best get back to Halyard...good luck on your mission"

Ximena has her healer bag ready and what ever else she needs and even double, triple checked things.

Jacenta clears her throat "Should I....make sure of anything ..sir?I was planing to be here unless an extra healer is needed but guessing thar is..enough"

Ewan walks over to the area slowly but for now stays off to the side.

Ciocan turns and looks at Zolomon, a deep stare but he doesn't say anything just turns to regard the others, "Well Quinten the Mountain is yours, look after it and my hares whilst I am gone," He glances down toward Jacenta, "Private Jacenta shouldn't you..." He stops as she talks to him and quirks a brow, "We are marching toward battle Private, but you are right it would be foolish of me to take every healer... consider yourself re-assigned to the Home-Guard under Quinten until our return, you'll report to Corporal Felicity in his command."

He glances around at the others, "Thank you everyone who is traveling with us, for those who remain behind keep the fires warm and the hearth ready we'll be back soon enough I promise," He turns and regards Ewan with a look, "Shouldn't you be falling in Ewan?" He gestures toward where the bulk of the patrol is starting to line up and fall into ranks on the sand a short distance away up the beach.

The Long Patrol is quite a sight, their uniforms crisp and clean, their buttons shined, each hare carrying a laden pack filled with all the supplies the patrol may need. The dust cloud to the north gives away the scout patrol already on the move as the patrol falls in waiting for their Lord to join them.

Zolomon offers a smile and then adjusts his longbow as he stands alert or well as alert as he can be.

Xander stands nearby and lets the the badger lord speak to the hares as he makes sure those with him are ready to go as well"Where is Rupert?"

Ximena answers "I believe he is with that large group of hares....don't worry sir"

Jacenta nods "Yes sir..right away sir"She even salutes and glaces briefly over at Ewan curious but doesn't say anything.

Ewan frowns "I..sorry sir."He sighs as it seems he rather be over here...some hares do dislike him after all.

Ciocan motions for Ewan to fall in beside him and starts to walk up the beach, "Well then let's all get going," Quinten moves over to Jacenta and smiles, "Glad you're staying, It'd be weird if we didn't have any healers left in the mountain," he turns to watch as the badger lord walks toward the front of the patrol.

Zolomon grins at Ewan as he walks close to him "I say chap...troubles again? Least you didn't place an arrow in anyone's foot paw wot...so cheer up"

Xander walks close to Ciocan and looks at Zolomon, "Who did...what? "Or wait that was the other day wasn't it..must of missed that.

Jacenta smiles "Well..yes always need healers wot, I think a couple..maybe 3 others are thar sir..couple in training as well."

Ximena follows as well"So..long long walk..I can handle that, would of liked a boat then again..safer right?I mean who is gonna mess with a bunch of hares and..2 badgers and some others...right?"

Ewan sighs, he doesn't answer right away and then "A hare recruit named Joe...he...yeah and so that's why Zolomon was training some archers it was the same day those weasels hurt that old otter on the beach...I am glad he is ok though but he should of stayed a little longer in the infirm I think"

Quinten nods his head and smiles at Jacenta, "Well it'll be quiet with everyone gone, the leveret's too don't forgot, those rascals will be a double handful to look after outside of school." The Recorder tucks his thumbs behind his belt and watches, "This is quite the event though isn't it? The Long Patrol marching off to defend Redwall Abbey.... gosh I remember when we did this... oooh seasons ago when I was a barely graduated private.... perilous times."

Ciocan meanwhile has reached the head of the patrol, stopping to talk to the officers in charge at the front. He turns to Xander, "Well Xander if you and your friends from Redwall will join us we can be off."

Xander nods "I am..we are ready yes Lord Ciocan. Once we get closer we should find a...well best spot to have a camp site up, but I am unsure where right now as things could and very well could of gotten worse while we were away. Other wise there may be a clearing a little ways from Ferravale that could work..I suppose we figure it out once we...get there"He is worried just what shape home is in now..

Jacenta nods "I never been ta Redwall or Mossflower have heard of it, maybe some day so You have seen it before?"

Ximena walks close to Xander "I may need to get a few herbs along the way but not too many is needed. And is there a way to avoid those..toads?"

Ewan falls in line behind the badger lord and stays quiet as he walks now and alert also. He will await any orders and unless needed will just not speak for now.

Quinten laughs softly and smiles, "Yes I have seen it all, I've been all over, I spent the first six seasons as a private traveling all over the place, Mossflower, Southsward, you name it I've seen it all but that was a long while back now."

Ciocan smiles, "Your knowledge of Mossflower will be important Xander, but the scouts will find us someplace to camp. Probably North of the River and out of sight, Ferravale is too close to their headquarters, we need to come upon this vermin as a surprise." He looks around at the beasts around him and motions, "Private Ewan, fall in with me, I may need someone to carry messages whilst we march."

Zolomon follows along behind "I do hope tis not..too much worse...this horde is led by some crazy stoat."

Xander nods "True the scouts know to be careful I know also. I do hope Silverwing shows up on the way there maybe give a bit of an update to what is going on."

Jacenta smiles "I would like to see it..well one day"

Ximena lets them talk as she thinks to herself quietly.

Ewan blinks and nods "Messages..sur?" He stays close to the badger Lord "I..i can help with messages..yes sur"He smiles, well beats just marching and no one can be too grumpy with the messenger right?

Quinten nods to Jacenta, "Well one day I am sure you'll get the chance to travel, for now though let's head on inside."

Ciocan starts marching, giving the order to assume the march and the order is relayed, the whole Long Patrol falling into step, the patrol beginning the march toward the River Moss. Ciocan nods to Ewan, "Good lad, now Xander, Zolomon, Miss Ximena, any clue at all of what we may expect from these vermin back in Mossflower? Anything at all you have remembered you've not said before will be useful."

Zolomon speaks "Besides an insane leader that seems to like to destroy things....well thar is that one marten, insane lass seems to be head assassin or something, forgot her name but dangerous none the less and they have monitors most likely and if anything like de one..not blooming well good"

Xander frowns, he remembers Scur "Yeah..lets not speak of that"He tells Zolomon "But yes monitors are...bad news"He frowns as seems he is not good at fighting them."Ormaz sent those assassins most likely...they wanted us to make it to shore before they attacked...so its possible Ormaz might think we died"

Ximena listens, isn't too much she has to really add on, but "We will make it in time...right?"

Ewan nods as he marches along quietly. He can keep a fairly good pace but its not too fast right now and he is glad of this.

Ciocan walks along, his heavy foot paws thumping on the sand, "Well this Ormaz sounds like a right character, but if he is as insane as you describe... well he likely believes his assassins did success so we'll be a surprise for him. If we can take him down then the rest may fold"

Zolomon nods "Yes sometimes some vermin get scared when a leader falls...sometimes." He smiles at Xander "De one monitor died..arrow to the throat"He grins, still he is a bit surprised it hit the monitor..but hey it did..there is witnesses on how far that he was from it too! "Yes blooming  well surprise these vermin wot..Give what for and all that"

Xander manages a small smile and speaks with Ciocan again "Sounds wise...lets just hope it stays a surprise..also means I will have to let my group stay close to camp till we...spring an attack on the vermin, but I do worry..Ormaz is likely after the abbey, he had not attacked...yet but he likely will soon"

Ximena says, "I dislike monitors...so any healers will likely stay at camp or..tag along, I know HEALERS will surely be needed but I am not one with very good fighter skills""

Ewan sighs, almost getting bumped and grumbled at so he speeds up a little tiny bit, yeah stay closer to the Mossflower group for now till he is told otherwise.

Ciocan says, "Well keeping everyone in camp will be sensible during our approach," He frowns, "And if Ormaz and his beasts are attacking the Abbey it'll stand... their new champion should be with them by now. And there are a lot of beasts who'll flock to defend the abbey. Few vermin would be foolish enough to join an assault on the Abbey either, not ones who live in Mossflower so Ormaz is unlikely to get new recruits from the locals.""

Zolomon says, "And Ferravale has a peace treaty with the abbey..they will help the abbey. And if someone manages to free any slaves you know slaves, if able, will join in the fight against these scum vermin of Ormaz's"

Xander nods "Vermin have gotten in...very rare though and there is places abbey beasts and anyone else can go inside if needed to be safer."He frowns "I should of...let some others know I was heading off..they knew just I didn't really say bye to anyone but Benar and that was a quick bye as he happen to catch us before we left"

Ewan says, "Isn't there also ..martin the warrior sprite likes helps protect them too somehow?""

Ciocan inclines his head, "Probably best if they don't know you have gone, if anyone is captured the vermin will try to make them talk..." He glances back "Private Ewan has the right of it, the badger script clearly shows that the hedgehog will be at the abbey by now, wielding the sword," He looks at the sun then back, "Private drop back, send the word we are going to pick up the pace," He starts to move faster, kicking up sand as he goes.

Zolomon says, "I am not blooming sure who knows we are..away....some most likely do though"

Xander frowns "I just want to get back in time and not worry about family and friends but I do worry about them"

Ewan nods, salutes and slips away to relay the order to the others, its an order from the badger lord so yeah they listen.

The officers Ewan deliver the messages to fall back to relay them to their troops and send Ewan back to join Ciocan who is racing along now. "Well we'll just have to make sure we are there in time."

Zolomon nods, he glaces at Xander"Xandy....I be sure they will be just fine..they will stay safe and know where to be if needed. We shall get thar..save the day and be reunited with friends..family...maybe a feast in a few days."

Ciocan says, "Well that sounds fine to me, I've never had chance to attend a proper Redwall feast, that's worth the trip if nothing else," He looks at the others, "Who knows we may arrive to find we aren't needed after all."

Xander nods quietly, "I..know they would get somewhere but not everyone has fighting skills, some do and others don't...the elders and dibbuns will likely be with..."Ok little worried 'But yeah....not sure Ormaz is gonna just leave and be defeated that easily...would be nice if he is gone but something makes me think he wont be"

Ewan gets back beside Lord Ciocan and smiles "A Redwall feast? But..would they be able to handle a lot of hares..sur?"

Ciocan chuckles at Ewan, "Well that'll be the Abbot's problem not ours," He shakes his head, "I am sure their Friar will rise to the challenge and that's a nice morale boost for the hares in the patrol. Race across the country, save Redwall, enjoy a feast."

Zolomon nods "The dibbns would be with Ozzy....he wouldn't let no vermin near them...."He grins "Feast at Redwall are de best trust me. Me grandfather and mother was in de jolly long patrol..thought of joining me self..maybe"

Xander chuckles a little and then frowns at a thought and shakes his head "Lets hope protecting dibbuns wont be needed....I know he wouldn't let a vermin near them...but he.."He frowns"He..can't.."He decides to erase any bad thoughts from his head and Zolomon mentions something"You..in the Long patrol?"

Ewan just walks along"The long patrol always saves the day, they always did in the books in the library I..ummm..read a lot"

Ciocan chuckles, "Well could you knuckle down to the discipline Mister Zolomon?" He races along, sand kicking out all around him as he charges onwards, "The Long Patrol is not for everyone."

Zolomon grins "Ya mean Private....and I did handle a class for archers, taught them a couple things, I did bally well kill a monitor from how far?"He adjusts his bow "I am also a very fast runner."

Xander sighs"I am not sure the long patrol could handle Zolomon"

Ciocan chuckles, "Well if you ever reply I'll hand you over to my best recruiting sergeant and see if you can survive basic training."

Zolomon tilts his head and chucked "Basic training......called basic for a reason" He isn't worried.

Xander listens as Zolomon and Ciocan speak, he clears his throat "Zolomon...the long patrols version of basic training may not be that easy"

Last edited by oz (2018-08-30 07:59:06 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-09-05 04:18:03 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: The Long Patrol Is On Its Way-Fate Of Marek TP

Bahaha!  "I am not sure the Long Patrol could handle Zolomon."  That is HILARIOUS x'D

Board footer