Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-28 08:01:03 PM

Karth Riverbark

New Valuable Info And What Happen To Marek!-Fate f Marek TP

**First this would of ICLY Happen a few days ago I suppose from todays date....also its a long, but very information packed log***

Whom:

Karth Riverbark-Me- Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Anatole Springwater-Fighter in Mossflower Defenders

Matilda – Champion of Redwall

Brother Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall and helps with Healer duties right now

Brother Rafael - Master Healer

Melantha-Leader..former leader? Of Black Rose

Patch-Spy and annoying rat

Marek Redthrn- Tavern Owne and Ferravale Ambassator

Mergleton Charles Fredrich Desmond Applewood Zinsbury Korvovowitzchesteringtonshire the Third, Esquire-     An intresting, rich  fox with a..very..long..name!

Log:

RW Abbey: Entry
------------------------------------------------------------

You stand on a grassy sward between two cottages. To the south you see a small, calm pond. To the north lies an open space where the Abbey has its feasts in the warmer seasons. To the east is the Great Hall, a massive structure that rises far above the abbey walls and is completed with large towers that pierce upwards into the sky. The main building is completed with a large, iron banded door that would allow one into the Great Hall.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Karth is just getting off some wall duty and sits on the steps as he looks tried for once, but seems being tried will not stop this otter.

Anatole walks over "Ello...umm Karth right? so news of any kind?"

Matilda silently walks in as she glaces at the otters and walks over "News?" Maybe she heard them wrong but she is checking "I like to know if that cat spoke yet or done anything?"

Karth shakes his head "No news and the cat just sits there and hisses, or stays silent"

Anatole says, "My question...why keep a known..dangerous slaver...in the abbey even if tied up and maybe harmless with no weapons or not harmless""

Matilda says, "I don't think she is harmless, we get some info and after that I am unsure what Benar wishes to do with her""

Karth says, "She tried ta harm Benar, she is far from harmless. My guess is she didn't plan to harm him but to try  to get him out of the abbey, which may of worked had she managed to grab him"

Anatole frowns "See..dangerous, I would say kill her but I know I know not the abbey way"

Matilda says, "No tis not but we do know she is a danger but at the same time her so called boss tried to slay her and so likely isn't looking for her.""

Karth says, "Well then she is less likely to leave and maybe that's a way to get her to behave"

Anatole says, "So...scare her into being...well behaved?"

Matilda says, "I don't know, we need the information she has to save beasts and then figure out who goes to free the slaves and who doesn't""

Karth says, "I can led that and I know a certain monitor that be willing to help...the blacksmith from Ferravale"

Anatole says, "I..would help but I have Tassel to keep an eye on"

Matilda nods "Then keep an eye on her Anatole no need to endanger yourself I am sure there will be enough volunteers to help when needed

Karth says, "Then allow me to help, I can find a couple others to help as well"

Anatole says, "Maybe a..sparrow or two could go as well. Not sure who else"

Matilda says, "Birds could be useful yes"

Matilda says, "And maybe Karth we will have to see"

Karth sighs "I can be of use better outside than on the wall tops. I want to help if thar is a chance to free the slaves, I am helping ."And he wants to shot some vermin with his arrows.

Anatole just sits down "I can still help on the wall sometimes, when I am not with tassel that is"

Matilda nods "We can figure it out when the time comes, first we need to have a chat with the cat, then figure it out from there and either me or Benar will talk with her, that's all for safety concerns and there will be a couple guards there also, just in case they are needed"

Karth looks down at the road and slightly into the woods before speaking "One would be a fool not to have a guard around during any questioning"He also glaces up around for birds. Its been quiet the past couple days.

Anatole says, "Is quiet good...or bad?""

Matilda says, "I guess it depends on why its quiet"

Karth nods "Yes but still quiet distrubes me at times like this."Not that he wants action, "Ferravale fell....who knows what else happen and what of Camp Willow any news?

Anatole says, "They are hidden and not sure no news though that I have heard so I think its alright and further up..down? river."

Matilda nods "I have never seen Camp Willow before, maybe we can check on them, if they would like to help with the vermin problem or if they need some help themselves"

Karth says, "I been thar...once its pretty hidden and they likely know of the troubles going on in the area trust me""

Anatole says, "I been there a lot and so has Tassel, its nice even after some rebuilding, these vikings attacked and the camp had to do some repairs and a good deal of that's done now""

Matilda asks, "Sounds like Camp Willow is fine, we would of heard something, wouldn't we?"

Karth says, "Most likely yes"

Anatole says, "A sparrow could check, then again if the area isn't safe that could be a bad idea"

In the distance, footsteps can be heard. Very weak footsteps, but footsteps nonetheless. stumbling into the abbey entry with several second and third degree burns across his body and covered in sawdust and ash is a barely recognizable Marek, his eyes all but forced shut by the injuries he has sustained from what appears to be a massive fire, he says nothing but continues to limp towards the abbey with the best of his ability, hoping to reach it before the last embers of his life die out.

Matilda is quickly on alert and she studies the beast before going down to the gates, with a couple guards to see who it is.

Karth draws his longbow and then lowers it and joins the champion at the gates, "Wait....that beast seems familiar and they are injured" But he is also still being very careful also and staying alert.

Anatole stays on the top of the wall and frowns "Who is it?" He has never seen Marek before, hurt or unhurt as he stays where he is and watches from the wall tops

Marek reaches the gates before he stumbles to the ground. "Ferravale..." is all he says before losing consciousness.

Matilda frowns and quickly goes to check for a pulse and looks to the others "Someone get a healer and I am gonna need help getting him inside."

Around a corner the rat Patch is here as he shoves a few beasts now looking to see what is going on, out of the way "Boss..man?" He looks up at the beasts "Hey back off...unless your helping course"

Karth tilts his head "Wait...Marek?!" He nods to the Champion "I can help get him inside but we will have to be very careful moving him"

Anatole goes ahead down to the gates "That's..Marek? Isn't his brother the like..horde leader and..what de heck happen to him?"

The stoat is careful brought to the infirm.

RW Abbey: Infirmary
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several beds are lined against the red sandstone walls of the Abbey's Infirmary. An examination table, separated from the rest of the room by hanging blankets, rests against the far wall. Tucked into a small alcove is a sizable workbench with various containers for mixing and preparing medicinal compounds. Against another wall is a desk for use by the Infirmary Keeper. A curtained off alcove behind the desk hides a locked door to the Infirmary's supplies and linens.

As the unconscious Marek is laid down on an infirmary, another figure, a well-dressed fox enters the infirmary carrying in his paws a basket of supplies. "Sir, I believe I have gathered the necessary herbs and supplies that you were missing and I..." when he spots Marek his eyes grow wide. "Mr. Redthorn? Oh my, those injuries look quite severe" he then notices the others and gathers with them at Marek's bedside. "How long has Mr. Redthorn been under the care of the infirmary? When last I heard of him he had been dealing with his brother's attack on Ferravale. Surely he didn't use the..." he frowns. "It would appear I am partially to blame for this scenario, but if it has truly come to pass as I suspect then perhaps our foe has suffered great loss as well"

Matilda looks at the fox, a paw on her blade "He just got here and we only just got him to the infirm sir and use what? Whats happen do you know?" She backs off as a couple healers come over, one being Master Healer Brother Rafael who gasps at the injuries and quickly gets any needed herbs."Any info would help right now."

Patch just stands there in shock "How is he even alive? Is he a ghost?" He rethinks it "Up..he...well.....remember when I says de tavern was...gone?" Or did any one really listen to him, most likely not.

Gorvenalus goes to help as well and frowns "This..is not good" He glaces at the rat and frowns and goes to help tend to Marek.

Karth stays off to the side as he watches , "Maybe his brother tried to have him killed, and failed"

Anatole just watches, he did help get the wounded stoat inside "Do...I or..someone should get or tell Abbot Benar of this. He would want to know of this"

Mergleton sighs as he notices Patch enter the room. "Yes, Mr. Patch, it would seem Mr. Redthorn has survived his reckless plan of attack, I should have suspected he would take such action when he purchased the barrel of wildfire from me a few short weeks ago, but I did not think to question him" he clears his throat as he turns to the rest of the group and bows "Pardon me, I believe I have not properly introduced myself, I am Mergleton Charles Fredrich Desmond Applewood Zinsbury Korvovowitzchesteringtonshire the Third, Esquire. A traveling merchant and for the past several seasons a benefactor of Mr. Redthorn and his estate. A few weeks prior, Mr. Redthorn purchased a barrel of highly volatile materials from me and it would seem that his injuries are a result of using this product, although what the results of said use became we shall not know until Mr. Redthorn awakens"

Matilda frowns as she listens, then remembering some other words as she looks at the rat "You mentioned the tavern...what about it, do you know what caused this. You did ask how is he even alive...speak"

Patch starts to back up and then sighs "Marek blew de tavern sky high...and like half of Ormaz's..like horde, still half still too many in me opinion..."He frowns as he is worried about Marek "He..he gonna live?"

Gorvenalus blinks as he listens and he and Brother Rafael  tend to him, as well as a novice healer "I..don't know, time will surely well....he is in good paws here"

Karth speaks "Blew up the tavern, how can you blow up a whole tavern, what kind of stuff did Marek buy anyways?" He adds "And he lived...how?"

Anatole asks, "Very good luck? He says quietly "But there is still those evil birds, and how much of the horde is still around? Is Ferravale still taken over?"

Mergleton nods. "If Ferravale had been liberated then surely we would have received some sort of diplomatic message from them before now, I'm afraid Mr. Redthorn likely managed to escape from sheer luck and determination though I shall have to chastise him for taking such extreme action assuming he regains consciousness" he begins to distribute minor herbs to the other patients in the infirmary while the healers focus heavily on saving Marek's life. "However, if Ormaz has truly suffered such a devastating defeat then I believe he may abandon Ferravale entirely and set his focus on Redwall, we may soon be under siege"

Matilda frowns "We may need to double the guard on the wall tops, stay more alert. News was brought to us that a couple of Ormaz's group leaders were killed, though one managed to survive the leader or maybe former leader of The Blackrose. Its been very quiet for a couple days maybe too quiet"

The rat Patch just sits down quietly.

Gorvenalus listens as he makes mixtures to carefully place on Marek's burns, and nods to the Master Healer as they go to very carefully, and slowly, get Marek to drink something that will help him.

Karth paces slightly and shakes his head "This Ormaz is insane in my book and needs stopped. We also need free some slaves, besides slaves whom are able can help join the fight against this foe. Also Sir Xander went to get help but no word on if he made it or not or when...if...he will be back soon or not"

Anatole asks, "So what do we do then? I mean there is the gates and the wall around the abbey that will slow any vermin down some, right? And my guess guards would still be watching the slaves anyone who goes needs to be very careful and if the abbey does get under siege there may have to be another place to stay.""

Mergleton raises a paw to speak and clears his throat. "I shall be more than happy to provide my expertise in preventing your abbey from falling due to this scoundrel's siege. Any and all of my supplies and inventions will be free for the abbey's use and if it comes down to it, I will lay down my life if need be" he turns to exit to gather more supplies for the others at the abbey. "When the enemy approaches, we shall not fall. Good day, gentlemen"

Matilda sighs as she sits down finally and looks at the floor, then back up to the others "Alright we need to plan and let Benar know what has happen."

Patch just frowns "I am staying in here...with Marek" He states quietly "I can let ya all know when he wakes up, he will wake up Marek is too darn stubborn to die, he will like slap whom ever is at those dark forest gates and refuse to go in. He will wake up...soonish...he will"The rat believes it, he does but still concerned."I mean he like..walked here after almost blowing himself up"

Gorvenalus nods "Marek is in good paws here, we shall see." He speaks with Brother Rafael  quietly and nods "Me and Brother Rafael  and l shall take turns and I shall inform Angela of this as well and she can help"

Karth says, "We need to speak to that feline and soon."

Anatole says, "The black rose cat...but she tried to hurt the abbot, why speak to her?""

Matilda says, "It may well be wise to speak to her soon even if we have to do it without the abbot and tell him what was said""

Gorvenalus says, "I would advise either you or Benar speak to her Champion, no one else and of course a couple guards with you""

Karth says, "I can be a guard if it's needed...I volunteer right now in fact""

Anatole asks, "Should someone guard Marek? I mean not cause he is...dangerous.....but if someone thinks him dead and then finds him not they could like try and finish him off.""

Patch speaks "I will stab anyone who tries to finish him off" Wait he has a knife, well there is surgical knifes in here and knowing Patch he has one hidden in his boot.

Matilda frowns as the rat speaks but decides not to ask further, she just sighs "We can post a guard here just in case"

Gorvenalus says, "And either me, Brother Rafael  or Angela will be at his side while he heals. I am not sure when he will awaken.""

Karth looks at Patch, "You best not try anything rat..I dislike you, know that"He dislike most vermin what is new.

Anatole sighs"Why is things happening? Guess we shouldn't of said oh its so quiet so soon"

Matilda says, "I do not know but sounds like we best be ready for something major to happen and sooner rather than later""

Gorvenalus nods "I agree, the infirmary is well stocked. A few sparrows were able to correctly get the needed herbs from the meadow and woods so that helped. We have bandages as well so hopefully enough and bandages can always be made from old sheets if needed."

Karth says, "I believe food is well stocked, and maybe some early harvesting can be done...carefully of course"

Anatole frowns"Is it ok to say this is...a little scary and now mate will have a child soon, very soon...what if it happens during  a siege or worse, they get inside?"

Matilda says, "We will do our best to handle that if it happens, lets hope it doesn't happen"

Gorvenalus says, "We have places we can go for safety if needed and those able to stay and fight will do so"

Karth nods "If all goes well I will join the fight against the vermin

Anatole nods "Me as well..and protect beasts...any beasts in need of it"

Matilda nods as she looks to the door "Alright I am going to go question the Black Rose leader, who is staying here and whom is coming with me?"

Patch raises a paw "Staying here...simple as that"

The recorder nods "I shall stay here as well, I believe Brother Rafael has went to inform Angela that Marek is here"

Karth says, "I am coming with you Champion Matilda."

Anatole says, "I..will stay in here, for now as they have Tassel on bed rest anyways. No worries I wont get in the way of any healers and I can be an infirm guard if its...needed."

Matilda nods and leads any whom is coming with her to where Melantha is.

RW Abbey: Old Office
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The old dormatory office has been cleaned up since its rediscovery, the tanned skins have been removed to be burried and the dust swept away. This small room actualy looks slightly comforting now, small, but not cramped, with its single window looking down on the orchards. There is a lingering feeling of dread here though, accompanied by the unmistable scent of death and leather...

Melantha is here, well guarded and on a cot. She is not tied up right now but maybe she should be as he r tail wags behind her since she is annoyed.

Matilda carefully enters the room, a couple guards stay close to her.."Hello Melantha, are you going to talk to us or not?"

Karth walks in and crosses his arms over his chest" I have a grand idea if she doesn't want to chat, we toss her outside....tied up, for her boss to find sides wouldn't he want to know she lived...you know, maybe he wants to finish her off as no one likes a job that's not finished after all."

Melantha glares and looks over at Karth as she smirks "Right...your just gonna toss me out, abbey beasts are not like that"

Matilda frowns at Karth then speaks to the cat "Listen...your going to speak and tell us what you said you would do...where are the slaves?" She seems to think hard on her next words "I don't wish to use force or to let another question you, and we..normally do not leave one to get harmed..."

Karth edges closer "But I am not ab abbey beast kitty. I ...am...me" He is not a happy otter and just the look, the emotionless look he seems to have a lot and that stare its...well can be unnerving to most."I have all day...well I do anyways not sure of the others"

Matilda frowns, "Karth...."She says calmly but stays where she is and speaks "Ormaz is coming to the abbey soon, we have info it could be very soon."

Melantha smirks but then her ears lay back as she hisses at Karth when he gets closer to her. She doesn't show her claws, yet. Her ears flatten more when Ormaz is mentioned and her hair puffs out as she hisses again and growls at the otter and hedgehog.

Matilda frowns, she speaks again "He could well learn you survived Melantha..then what? The abbey could help or...release you but if your released you are bared from the abbey and will receive no other aid from us, are doors no matter what will be closed to you. We tended to your wounds and saved your life but you did try and harm the abbot and that's a very good reason to..have you go on your way, maybe with a day or two of food and water but that's it, and if Ormaz finds you.....we can no longer help you"

Karth speaks "May I please do the honors of tossing her outside"

Melantha hisses and then "You would NOT! I would be KILLED..."She hisses at the otter and moves a little away till she is against  the wall and hisses, spits at him and looks at the hedgehog hissing, ears flat and hair all puffed out no attacking though, she then pants and looks back and forth"The river......its close to there"

Matilda motions for a guard to get a map and soon they return with it as she gets closer slowly, and lays it down "Point to where"

Karth keeps a very close eye on the cat and is ready to attack if needed, one wrong move from kitty and kitty gets knocked out and put outside on the road.

Melantha looks between them and at the map studying it and points to an area 'There.....half hour walk down this path from the river, one main  building and the slave pen...small building with 2-3 cells, he has the Ferravale leader in one by herself and others in other cells. A couple slaves may be cleaning the main building. Its..well guarded, well maybe not as much..Shadowfur was killed and I think Crayson died in the tavern explosion..but there is still Sharpfang, another monitor. There is blade beasts and some archers. A couple other maid ones may or may not still be in Ferravale if he didn't abandon it yet."She is still peeved " Ormaz IS coming to your gates, he wants the abbey to fall..to burn and all to die by his paws. He says if the abbey remains standing then beats have hope so take away the hope and you take away resistance against  him...he..he is insane, very very insane and dangerous even with the beast he has left, perhaps a little..just a little less dangerous. That crazy brother of his killed half the horde...not sure whom is more insane Marek or Ormaz...well guess Ormaz now"

Matilda frowns as she listens and listens carefully "Marek is..is alive..barely"

Karth says, "Yeah...somehow."He looks at the cat "Anything else ya like to share kitty?"

Melantha ears perk "Marek survived that...well he has a strong will to live that's for sure..."She hisses at Karth, ears flat again"What else you want....river dog"

Matilda decides to ask "I will ask..who else is a slave there. Whom does he have...anyone been sold or killed? You will speak or...or I give Karth permission to have you placed outside the gates"

Karth walks closer and awaits her answer "Well kitty?"

Melantha blinks "You wouldn't  dare..."She does not like Karth and replies "The Ferravale leader...the architect of Ferravale, there is also some strange squirrel maid, think her name is Mariposa. A paw full of other slaves..otters, some voles, a couple squirrels and a mole. Yes Ormaz has sold beasts and yes he killed some beasts, you wont get those back he knows beasts over the seas and far far south who got those beasts, they are gone trust me but most so far been beasts from other places he was at, not very many woodlanders from this area were sold yet, he has been doing much planing on getting the abbey, getting what he says is his slaves back"She hisses "He took MY SLAVES...."She calms "They were mine first and just so you know ....I rarely sale slaves. Why sale good workers after all and when I do it isn't to some shadowy figure and all that. So I told you where the base is, that slaves are still there...some newer ones are likely in Ferravale and its possible if he left there, you know to come here, those slaves will likely be forgotten about as he will assume and may be right their sprites are too broken to fight back, or leave and that he can just come back after his supposedly take over of your abbey, I..I think that's suicidal but I have to admit...not so sure on that Ormaz is insane and....he could very well succeed""

Matilda says, "We do not plan on letting him succeed." She sighs and nods to the guards to get some food and tea, "If you have other info please..." She also has a healer, very well watched, tend to the cats wounds."

Karth stays and watches carefully, no wrong moves would be best

Melantha ears flatten again "Why are you suddenly being nice...." She looks at the tea, the food...good food and lets the healer alone to change the bandage and apply fresh herbs, clean the wound or what ever is needed and holds very still.

Matilda says, "The abbey is not a prison...you will be treated well but guarded. You may..MAY earn the right to walk about the abbey, with a guard at your side at all times but for now your to remain in here...and thank you for your info""

Karth just stays where he is, yes he will help guard her, he inst tried at all and will be here a while most likely. Deal with it.

Melantha snorts as she eats and drinks after the healer tends to her, she just stares and speaks "Your...welcome.."No one has ever thanked her for anything. "Ormaz will not be easy to fight. You likely wont see him coming at you till its too late and he wants your abbot dead, and most likely any other leaders dead too and will seek them out, trust me. So may be good to watch your back and make sure others watch your back as well"

Matilda says, "I will remember that and we know the abbot is a target and figured others were as well"

Karth just stays stood where he is, quiet and ever watching...no emotion on that face.....yeah sort of creepy even maybe.

Melantha nods and just lays back down pushing away the empty plate and mug."Thanks for the food and...I do hope you beast Ormaz and that he dies"

Matilda nods, "I need to report this all to Benar"The area the cat showed is circled now, as well as the path she showed and the champion walks off, seemingly leaving Karth and one other guard here as a couple guards go with her.

Karth stays put where he is, watches the cat and the one guard stays by the door.

Melantha snorts "Gonna stay that way all night otter?"

Karth nods his reply simple, to the point, "Yes" There he replied, no more words are needed, she is stuck with Karth..enjoy

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2018-08-28 09:10:22 PM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#2 2018-08-30 04:25:59 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer