Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-28 10:19:47 AM

oz

Talking Helps...Sometimes-Redwall Log

Who:

Oz- Badger Mother,AKA Papa Oz

Kenya- Soon to be Novice, Trubled Teen?

Sinway-Fighter in the Mossflower Defenders

Spoofs of acouple novices....and at end a large group of Dibbuns!

Log:

Rw Abbey: Scullery
========================
This room is nothing more than a fate hallway. Slate counters with sinks and water pumps line both walls, and it is here that the many dishes and utensils from Redwall's meals are cleaned and dried, along with all the pots, pans, and large bowls that are used for food storage and preparation. There is a single window that looks outside, too small for any but a dibbun to squeeze through.
==================

Kenya is in here doing dishes and grumbleing, she almost drops a plate and sighs as she lays the plate down, this is so fun...not

Oz walks up behind her "Having some trouble Kenya?"

Kenya frowns "I don't like doing dishes and Avti left and there was barely anything done then...and so I did most of the rest"

Oz tilts his head "Most of the rest?" He knows that is likely a lot of dishes "Then stop. Someone can find Atvi to finish them"

Kenya says, "But...shouldn't I finish"She is glad to stop though as he walks to the doorway"

Oz has Atvi found and made to finish the dishes before he follows Kenya, on his way he stops at the kitchens and gets a couple mugs and some tea as he heads to Cavern Hole.

RW Abbey: Cavern Hole
--------------------------------------------------------------------
This room is slightly smaller than Great Hall, but still of a size large enough to accomodate a great number of gathered beasts. A large fireplace is set into one of the walls, and there are a series of small tables and chairs near one end for beasts who are eating late, or simply prefer the smaller tables for their meals. Cushions and blankets have been set in one corner. A short flight of steps leads up to Great Hall, and along the walls of the stairs, going both ways, the word 'Redwall' has been carved into the stone. --------------------------------------------------------------------

Oz sits down in a chair and motions for her to sit down as well as he sips some tea, its mint with honey and she can have some as well, if she wants some there is the 2nd mug."So...talk, not talk...up to you"

Kenya sits and pouts "Talk bout what?" Yep grump this morning. "No one really likes me or cares bout me..I should go live alone somewhere"

Oz frowns "Living alone is not fun and solves nothing"He sips his tea "Even if you have someone else with you, and you become over protective of them and rarely go out or they go out when old enough."He stops and clears his throat "Point is being a hermit is not good and can effect one all their lives"

Kenya blinks and then hmmpsh"How would you know, you are always around abbey beasts and you even have a family...you probably have family elsewhere too and I have no one, my mom and dad died and I didn't have a brother or sister..I had this grumpy uncle but he died too."

Oz frowns "Kenya....I did not always live at the abbey. I lived in the snowy North lands in a place called Send Valley...I..had family there, I had a mate and...small dibbun, a dibbun that was barely 1/2 a season old."

Kenya frowns "Vermin happen didn't it?"

Oz shakes his head "No...something called an avalanche ..its a mountain region and...it was a very bad winter. Northstar was my mates name and my son was Cole....they but died that day and I almost did as well. My brother Zork found me barely alive....I..almost died a few weeks later" He wont go into detail unless she asks."But...I decided to....leave Send and live maybe a days travel north of Mossflower, course I didn't know it was called Mossflower or River Moss till later"

Kenya listens "Avalanche?....And why did you almost die later....Why did you not want to stay...was your brother the other one you mentioned earlier as being overprotective of?"

Oz has to laugh a little "More like Zork was over protective of me...well when he found me again."He sighs " An Avalanche is when a large among of snow and it starts to tumble at a high rate of speed down a pathway, knows down tress..rock....all in its path, this one towards a drop off....where....”He frowns “ I landed on a small little overhang....they..didn't. I...When I was well enough to walk I wanted to..end my life, I missed my mate and child badly and to me it was like my world was gone...if it wasn't for a dibbuns cry I wouldn't be here today..a mouse about a season old was all alone after a fire killed his family, I adopted him as my own his name was Maxtor. He is no longer..alive now but it was just me and him for 9 seasons. Every so often I seen my adopted father who would check on me...bring supplies needed and he never told my older brother where I was, out of a request by me. One day Maxtor.."He smiles, its funny now" Drugged my tea with sleeping herbs and ran away..to here of all places,I tracked him down,gave him a very long 3 hour lecture and had plans to leave...well seems fate had its plans and well..I stayed, soon became badger mother.I....do still have some..hermit ways..as I do not like crowds still of more than 2-3..very well know beasts, yes I do stay at feasts , use to slip out...yet never could figure out how a crowd of 40 or more dibbun I was fine with and yet 40 or more non dibbuns...well..""

Kenya smiles a little, ok she will drink some tea too."W..what about your...parents?" Curious ok.

Oz says, "They died when I was a couple seasons old....one reason I dislike winter suppose as it was again the fault of a bad snow storm. No avalanche..it was a winter with little food and travel was bad...a wolf named Silverfangs took me and my brother in...any other family I have had I did have my Uncle Zee, he lived here a little while before he died of old age, and Zork found his way here...he was blacksmith till he died. He was a warrior but health reasons had him step down and he became a brother in the order....my only family now is Xander and his mate Krisha" He smiles "And their cub Northstar, they asked for a good name...I suggested Northstar named after my mate. Xander was adopted by Zork's daughter...Zinnia, who was recorder here before Gorvenalus was.""

Kenya listens as history is interesting and learning of others history always seemed interesting to her some reason . She frowns "Zinnia...she died didn't she?"

Oz nods "Yes....a beast named Quade killed her, it was about 4 seasons ago I think when a group of course wanted the abbey....the abbey won, mainly cause we were warned a head of time and stopped Quade before he hardly done much. He had managed to kidnap the abbot but we got him back."

Kenya nods and decides to not ask much else as she sips some tea and sighs. "Least beasts like you......"

Oz sighs "Beast like you Kenya"

Kenya slams her mug down and spills some of the left over tea "No they don't!" She frowns and backs up "I..sorry...."She seems ready to leave the room rather quickly.

Oz stays calm and listens, "They do....you can make friends. I care...Benar cares...." He adds one other "Sinway cares about you as well...."

Kenya has tears down her face, does he care? She...isn't sure.."I...I....no he he doesn't!" She then runs out of the room!Luckily not outside.

Oz stands and starts to follow her and then just sighs, he stops a novice to help clean up the spilled tea as he will get the 2 mugs and place them back in the kitchen.

RW Abbey: Cavern Hole
Oz steps out of the kitchens as a novice finishes cleaning up some spilled tea, "Should I find someone..." The novice starts as Oz shrugs and sits down "Just leave her alone she went up the sitars not outside" The novice nods and heads off elsewhere as Oz sits back down and sighs. He can tell from pawsteps directions beasts go.

Sinway comes down into cavern hole from the great hall, the otter having just gotten done with his wall top duties having asked a novice to bring him some left over breakfast for him to eat "Hello oz." He greets followed by a yawn

Oz nods a hello but is otherwise quiet this morning, no hello from the badger yet.

Soon a novice comes in from the kitchen with some food for the otter before returning to his kitchen duties "Every thin' be ok Oz?" He asks before digging into his food

Oz stays quiet till he sighs softly, "No...." He states quietly, maybe some of it talking of the past and reminding him of it, its unclear but he does speak after a few moments " Was talking to Kenya before she..ran off...upstairs somewhere. She seems to think no one cares...told her beasts do...not sure how to help her feel better or..prove beasts do care"He sighs "Sometimes guess it takes time to know others care....just so she doesn't take 9 seasons to ...figure it out"

Sinway sighs a little shaking his head "Talkin' with Kenya be like walkin' on a tightrope.......just when ye think yer doin' good ye could fall at a moments notice." He takes a few mouthfuls of food before continuing to talk again "A few of the dibbuns, Atvi in particular have picked on her a couple times. I have walked into one of them when he got her bracelet stuck up in a tree......normally this be harmless......but with all she has been through.......tis not me place to lecture the dibbuns but tis not helpin' her believe beast like her.......she is always afraid no one likes her and i have to constantly tell her they do."

Oz says, "I told her...I cared and Beanr.....and you cared, she then got mad and rushed off"He sighs "I had a time I though no one cared about me, was before I came here and was still in the snowy...north lands...."He stops and frowns"Beasts cared but my mind was a bit..messed up..I had just lost my mate and child and had a mouse dibbun I adopted, his family died in a fire at his small village.....I left without even a goodbye to my brother and basically hid away 9 long seasons and was over protective of Maxtor, my adopted son, to the point he drugs my tea with sleeping herbs and ran away to here. I was a hermit, still wanted to be a hermit but slowly found out beasts cared."He smiles a little "My brother did find me, we..forgave one another and he lived here till his death a few seasons ago, and an Uncle of ours...Zee found out I was here.."He chuckles "Uncle Zee liked to ..literally knock sense into you with his cane, not very hard but it did hurt"

Sinway nods "My story was a little different me whole clan was killed by vermin while I watched......it been so long ago I don't remember how I got out but I was just a little dibbun.....I knew beast cared but I was afraid to let any beast in......loosen all the ones ye cared about at a young age does that to ye.....till I came here." He smiles fondly at the memory "I wont ever forget it, I had heard rumors about the abbey but never thought I ever run into the place till I found me self at the abbey gate needin' supplies I just so happen to show up right as they be gettin' ready fer one of there legendary feasts, after that I never left."

Oz smiles "Feasts are nice here..I use to slip away from them, much to Abbot Lorimis protest...Benar was Brother at the time..I think..or maybe Novice...."He chuckles remembering...”.I hated crowds yet a large crowd of dibbuns..oddly didn't brother me. I tried to hide from them and they found me...called me Papa Oz and..well got to likeling their company and caring for them and became Badgermother or..Badger papa I guess."

Sinway says, "If I had still been in Redwall at the time then ye would of had me to deal with as well, after all I normally ended up being the one to watch over the little ones." He finishes his food "I think with Kenya she is a bit of a mix she not only worry about no one carin' for her, but I think she also just afraid to even believe that some one does.""

Oz says, "Hopefully she will listen, its just hard right now with everything else going on...vermin once more wanting the abbey for what ever reason, only this time its a much larger threat that has been around for a while"

Sinway nods standing up and yawning "I'm sure she will, it just goin' to take time." He walks over and pats Oz on the shoulder "Try not to feel bad about upsetting Kenya......ye was just tryin' to help." He turns to walk away but then stops "Ohh I been meanin' to ask ye......Kenya be a smart lass who already knows how to read write and do math and she be gettin' bored of classes because she already be knowin' it, so I was thinkin about talkin to brother Rafael, she seems to really want to be a healer when she grows up and makes it to sisterhood of the order maybe he could help her....and maybe we could find somethin' she could find interestin' to learn and study."

Oz smiles "A healer would be a good skill, all order beasts do learn basic healing...but to study to be a healer one would learn more, a lot more. I can help a scraped knee..take a pulse and such...even if I am blind can still bandage as said a scarped knee, long as I know where a scrap or cut may be....only other thing I have done once is helped a beast deliver a dibbun, I wasn't blind my while life it happen...well not sure how long ago now, some beast named Stormfeather..insane fox had me as a captive over a season, he even had a young dibbun at the time in the cell. I almost died..we were rescued and I ended up going blind about a couple seasons later due to injuries around my eyes ..happen slowly and took the time to learn my way around, so many paw steps here or there. I am fine walking around the abbey, outside..well can't say I could get around very easily and the few times been out, its rare, some other beast is always with me"

Sinway nods "I just think it really help her if we could find things she be interested in learnin' instead of havin' her sit in class learnin' stuff she already knows." He gets up and stretches again "I'm sure the recorder is wonderin' if he will ever get that book on herbs she borrowed back she always be studyin' it......me im not sure what ill go for, im just happy I'll be able to rejoin the order."

Oz chuckles "Maybe Brother Gorvenalus can teach her some things or Brother Rick, when one becomes a novice there is classes one takes that are higher up. My classes are usually math such as counting so many seeds or beads into my paw and taking away so many and yes I remember how many there is so they cant trick me"He smiles "And I have wooden cut outs of shapes so I can teach shapes...reading and writing falls to Sister Ginny since, well one needs to be able to see to help with that. As I said Brother Gorvenalus and Brother Rick help with the older beasts, and maybe Abbot Benar sometimes as well or he can tell you whom else. The master healer can help with healing info"

Sinway nods his head "I know Benar was talkin' about getting her a habit after her punishment from the fight the other day is over, so I think she might be joinin' the order as a novice soon. I'll also talk with Benar. I think Kenya wouldn't act out so much if she had somethin' to focus on instead of all the bad that has happen to her and all the bad that is happenin' now."

Oz says, "I remember when she first came to the abbey, Xander and a hedgehog named Ace saved her from...the Black Rose beasts. Kenya sort of tried to be in charge of that DAB ...but failed, which in a way may of been good. She got into trouble a few days after she came, tried to still a cake ment for a feast...lets just say a large cake, cart of all ended up in the pond" He pauses but smiles, not fun at the time but sort of funny now"With me..she got lectured by Benar and Frair Lacota and not sure whom else and I was in the infirm a couple days""

Sinway sighs and shakes his head "Well she has been through a lot." He yawns again "I need to get a little bit of rest before i go train some of the volunteers and spar with the champion like we do every afternoon, good day to ye oz." And with that he leaves up the stairs and into the great hall.

Oz nods "Have a good day Sinway” He then gets up to start his day, the dibbuns are soon gathering around him as she smiles “Come along my dibbuns the day has just begun” And its on to dibbun duties and what ever else he has planed for the day.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer