Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-20 03:08:36 PM

oz

We Will Aid Redwall-Fate Of Marek TP

***OOC NOTE LOOGED THIS AS A REQUEST AS IT IS VERY IMPORTANT****

Who:

Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Ciocan-Badger Lord

Quinten-Recorder of the LP

LOG:

Xander is up here looking at the view, also it seems quiet up here and he can think better or least try to think better

Quinten walks up into the crater and moves toward the visiting badger, "Xander, good day to you friend," He pauses next to the leader of the Defenders, "Lieutenant Carmichael said they had seen you up here, penny for your thoughts dear friend?"

Xander sighs" It's...quiet up here no one really seems to come up here. I sometimes wonder if i am even a good leader at times..sure we got here but I should of made sure there was no trouble that followed us..I mean I saw nothing, the only other thing was a pawfull of toads and they left us alone after Misu shot one with an arrow...seemed to make them back off and the rest stayed on land...that monitor and his rats surprised us..I..I shouldn't be surprised at all or maybe shouldn't of rested when we did..I..I don't know"

Quinten settles down on a stone bench, "Not a good leader he says, pffft poppycock sir, you trekked your party across the country from Mossflower to the Mountain and the only trouble you ran into was some bally scallywags who where sneaking along behind you?" The hare shakes his head, "Of course you didn't see them sir, those sort of sneaking blaggards are notoriously hard to locate even for the best of trackers in the patrol."

Xander finally looks over at the hare, " I bet Lord Ciocan never had any..leader issues before."He sighs and sits down , he frowns still a little sore "I have yet to...thank him for..basically saving my life the other day."He is quiet and then speaks again "I do hope to speak to him soon though on other matters and update him on whats going on in Mossflower which is likely worse by now, I..I have no way of knowing really. I just know help is for sure needed."

Quinten tisks and shakes his head, "Of course he did, no beast is born an expert Xander," he nods toward the shore, "He started out like any of us wot, learning and feeling their way. Do you think he just appeared fully formed as Badger Lord"

Xander thinks on the words before he speaks " I..guess not. I am still learning to be leader of the Defenders..."He frowns remembering some before he left to get help" I had a couple beasts tell me how i should of done better..how, as you even said some things happen and you can't stop it from happening like the base being..destroyed, little warning to that and we were in the progress of figuring out where else we could even go and meet without breaking rules."

A shadow falls on the badger and the hare, "There will always be those who question your decisions after an event Xander, or when something goes wrong, safe in the secure blanket of hindsight things may look different." The badger lord steps down and looks at the younger badger, "But that is always easy to do, when something it is happening we can only do our best.... now Quinten if you will record this please, I suspect this conversation will be important." The hare salutes his lord and moves back to a bench and settles down to record the discussion.

Xander turns slowly and straightens up better but the Badger Lord is still taller than he is, most likely taller than any badger really.."Sir...." He listens and nods slowly"Seems...a lot been going on, most likely more since me and the others came to seek aid. I am hoping Silverwing manages to get some sort of update" He sounds unsure, knowing that eagle she got lost, he can hope she didnt though

Ciocan moves to sit on a bench, "I am afraid I received no messages myself before your arrival friend Xander," He motions to a bench and settles down, his striped head focusing on the badger, "Tell me what peril threatens the peace of Redwall? My hares can march if we are needed but I must know what we face so I can bring the right patrollers."

Xander takes a deep breath as he speak" A stoat by the name of Ormaz Redthorn...he has a fairly large horde it seems. They burn down the Defender base....and I did get news they took over Ferravale, beasts have been enslaved by this...stoat and his horde. Some woodlanders have seeked shelter in the abbey and as far as I know, the abbey has not been attacked but it likely will be. I am not sure but this stoat may of joined a couple groups together to work for him. A few beasts did disappear before all this, but then things started getting a lot worse."He snorts "He has..even sold some slaves and no clue where they could of been taking..."

Ciocan listens to Xander quietly, his recorder Quinten writing down Xander's words with quiet efficiency. The badger lord then stands and stares down toward the sand of the shore, "Thank you for journeying to bring us this news," He turns back, "The Mountain always stands ready to aid the Abbot of Redwall and the beasts of Mossflower... it will take a few days to be ready to march, Quin how long?"

The Hare looks up and flicks his ears upright, "I started some preparations when our guests arrived after speaking to Xander's hamster companion. Another three days should see us ready to March, who will you take?"

Ciocan frowns, "If this horde is as big as it sounds, five squads of fighters, let's see the 1st, 2nd, 6th, 15th and 13th Foot and Paw, the 3rd scout patrol, the 7th, 9th and 11th Runner and the victualing squad of course."

Tucking his paws into his belt he looks at Xander, "Ready your beasts Xander, and if your beasts need weapons or armor my quartermaster will outfit you all, the Long Patrol will march for Redwall in Three Days."

Xander nods as he listens to the badger lord, staying quiet as the badger lord speaks with the recorder" Alright..I will...and thank you" He knows the trip is a good almost 4 weeks once they start walking.

Ciocan smiles and claps Xander on the back and grins, "Your first proper vermin horde aye? Facing them down and hoping to hell you can win and bring back the peace, it's a big job."

The Badger Lord Stands, "I am coming with my patrol, but Mossflower is your land, traditionally I'd defer to the Champion of Redwall in a fight on your terf but as they aren't here I will listen to you Xander, welcome the advice of your patrollers but I will lead the patrol in this fight. There is a place in my patrol, an irregular troupe if you want it, that way we are one force, not two."

Xander nods "I will update you on that, the Redwall champ is a hedgehog named Matilda."He nods again as he listens "And yeah...first time faced any major horde....I just hope we are back in time." As he thinks more "I think we are good on weapons...armor may be....needed"He frowns, yeah he had armor but he isn't sure where it is now, last he seen it was by his bed as, well he doesn't sleep in it and the attack happen when most of them were asleep on the boat.

Ciocan says, "Well Xander, consider you and your defenders part of the Patrol for this, we need to work together to bring peace to Mossflower and drive this horde back from the gates of the Abbey. We'll be in time, the Long patrol is always on time.""

Xander nods "Of course...."He sighs, seems he hates to ask but it was offered "I..may end up needing new armor, I..don't know if ...well anything was recovered from our ship, I know my blade was..."Then he was holing that...very loosely.

Ciocan says, "Well Armour we can do," He chuckles, "Quinten here will see to it, you'll need to drop by the forge, but our armorer can knock you out some new badger sized armor in no time at all.""

Xander smiles "Thanks sir..."He looks to the way back inside "And I am sure I can get my friends ready to head back, a couple are archers and one a healer...Rupert sort of tagged along he is a historian but he does know how to use a blade if needed."

Ciocan says, "Well Historians are always welcome, Quinten is our historian," He turns and starts for the stairs, "I have... preparations to make. You drop down to the armory and see about getting yourself measured up.""

Xander nods "I will do that."He says quietly and looks ready to go back inside himself.

The Badger Lord smiles and heads in and down, Quinten stands up and takes his papers, heading toward the stairs as well, "Come along then Xander let's get you some armor"

Xander nods and goes to follow the badger lord, he has been around some places in the mountain but not all places.

Last edited by oz (2018-08-20 04:22:23 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer