Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-08 12:35:49 PM

oz

Your Not Going Out Alone-Redwall Log and Missing Abbot Log

Redwall Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and dibbun caretaker of Redwall
Xander-Warrior badger in training

RW Abbey: Great Hall
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here. A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance. The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist. The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger. The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze. Soft light is slowly beginning to filter in through the stained glass windows high above your head.
==============================================================

Oz is sitting in his chair sipping some mint tea quietly. He has been doing some of his dibbun duties, and well as now some others with the abbot being missing. For now he just wants a little time to himself, it’s been a long past couple days.   

Xander steps down the stairs and looks around before walking over to his Uncle.."..Uncle Oz? Where is grandfather's armor at? I was gonna use it when I hunt down those murderers." His voice tone sounds serious.   

Oz starts coughing on his tea and sits the mug down before replying "You’re not going anywhere right now, not all...like you are now."   

Xander folds his arms over his chest" They KILLED my mother, and I bet it’s the same ones that have Benar..what if they kill him too? I am not some child anymore and I know how to use a blade, and I would have armor on, it probably fits me now and wouldn't it be rightfully mine as well, he passed the blade down so wouldn’t he pass down the armor as well. Uncle Zee mentioned having it fixed up ...like season ago but it’s not like I can ask Uncle Zee where it is."

Oz sighs..."Xander...I don't want you storming off somewhere alone, you’re also still learning to be a fighter...a warrior. There is one thing I know from all the things Uncle Zee always told Zork, though he did go out a couple times with his temper up, it’s not a good thing.." He starts to go on.   

Xander waves his paw "Anger clouds the mind ect ect....I know, Think before ya act and all that, I am thinking and whoever killed my mother needs to pay, they need...they need slayed by someone, I don’t care who...me or one of the defenders..the champion...SOMEONE!" He looks at the floor fighting back tears, he is stress...of course he is stressed, who isn’t.   

Oz stands slowly and carefully lays a paw on Xander's shoulder, "Please calm down Xander...all I am saying is going off alone, could end up getting you hurt...or worse. If someone else was with you...least you wouldn’t be by yourself, but I would still worry."   

Xander steps back and just stands there still with tears flowing, He finally speaks "I think  ...Takeo already went out....what about him? Does he fight well, I know he is a good healer and he has a sword he carries around but never seen him use it. He went out with the two otters from his ship."   

Oz frowns as Xander backs off, and more so when he hears Takeo could be out there "I told him I would try and get ahold of Thunderwing. Milo and Ottis were on the ship still and he was concerned for them. And I don’t know how well he fights either"   

Xander says, "I figured they were with him...maybe they were looking for him and mom and then he and them headed back out maybe"   

Oz nods "Just...try not to worry, stress isn’t good and I surely don’t need it as I am one of the main ones in charge, others being Magramba, Leon and Lacota "   

Xander nods and then goes to hug Oz, just being quiet for now, then speaking "I won't go off alone...but I still want to see if I can wear grandfather’s armor......please"   

Oz allows the hug and hugs the other badger as well, "Thank you....and we can get the armor later, and it’s still in Zork's trunk in his room. I have the key but as I said we can get it out later."   

Xander nods "Ok and it would help keep me safe and I been practicing with the blade. I am also strong."   

Oz listens "Still..even with armor one can get hurt."   

Xander says, "I know"   

Oz says, "Good....I don't want any news of you being hurt, or killed or missing."   

Xander says, "I will be careful Uncle Oz and I won't go off alone. I will most likely be with Zolomon and Marek...Dorarose is also in the Defenders"

Oz nods again "For now...sit with me, have some mint tea..it tends to calm the nerves, then I have a class I still need to do today....you could help, it’s a reading and writing one, all you need to do is read a short story and see what they write about. Dibbuns ages 2-4 Seasons. Sometimes they just will draw a picture and my one helper is elsewhere"   

Xander replies  "Sure...I will help, and tea sounds nice" So he sits down and has tea and then helps with the class..and it’s something to get his mind off things, least for a short time.

Last edited by oz (2017-03-08 01:06:01 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer